Gorki-Korolev

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Guest BlindBusDrivr

GK has been a very large symbol of Black Ops, and it connects to the storyline of zombies as well as the campaign.

GK stands for Gorki-Korolev.

GKK were the ones who gave the Nova 6 to the sleeper cell agents in the campaign.

The two in he Gorki-Korolev title, are the two men at the head of their divisions.

gorki is Pavel Gorki.

He is the link between Group 935 and Steiner. They got the Nova 6 samples, which can be seen in the crawlers, through Gorki.

He was a chemical engineer like Steiner.

After the massacre at Der Riese, him and his extraction team had a shootout for control of Der Riese, The Russians won out.

Gorki was able to supply the Russian government with the knowledge of Nova 6 and the ThunderGun.

The ThunderGun was amped up at Ascension, and the Nova 6 chemical was improved by Daniel Clarke and Dr. Steiner, while Gorki was put at the head of the Russian chemical engineering department. He befriended Dr. Clarke from this.

When Clarke he found out that Clarke was to be killed to tie up loose ends, he gave Clarke a ThunderGun Mk III., which is why it's in one of the safe houses, to help him escape with his friend Lazarus.

Korolev, is Sergei Korolev.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Korolev

Sergei Korolev was appointed the very head of Russian astronomical research in the 60s. He is the link between GK and Ascension.

Gorki made the chemicals, and Korolev worked to produce a way to unleash it. As Steiner says

"No matter how powerful the weapon, you must still find a was to unleash it."

This also brings us back to the Ascension Group who were ex-Group 935.

There is something big that we missed on Moon like a bunch of monkeys!

THE ROCKETS

Griffin station is from the 40s, The Russians did not develop the Soyuz rockets until the 60s!

But they are on the Moon when the US was only just able to find Moon?

The Ascension Group were rocket scientists at Richtofen's Griffin Station!

This explains why Richtofen went out of his way to help Gersch, they were once probably friends/associates.

Plus, look at the Soyuz, there's no denying that from the bottom down that is not t he rocket on Moon, above it doesn't matter because the Fairing design changes pending on the mission.

soyuz_family_sm.gif

Plus what was the Ascension Group doing at Baikonur? They were working on the rockets division developing the Soyuz ICBMs, which in truth were already developed at Moon and were just being rebuilt. This is why so much focus on the blueprints are found all over.

So after this, the Ascension Group is co-opted by the Russians, after being sold out by Gorki and Steiner.

So it's all complex but I'll sum it up. Gorki worked in chemical engineering at group 935, giving Steiner's Nova 6 for experiments. After Der Riese massacre, he called in his allies and they fought off the Americans, and they got the technology. And continued the work with Nova 6. While Korolev worked in the space division with the Ascension group who used to work on Griffin Station and were introducing their rockets to the Russians to reach Griffin Station.

This is how the Russians actually knew about Griffin Station, the Ascension Group told them. They rockets were for trying to reach it, but Gersch combined his knowledge of Quantum physics for the Gersch Device which could link to the tele porter in the MPD! The Americans had spies and intel leaking this all and along with their satellites and tracking that's how they found out. Plus, they had Porter. So this is how the race to Moon ended, when the Russians found the fate of the Moon team, they decided to not go back and gave up, but the Americans kept working to link to the tele porter and improve weapons to defeat the moon zombies and take all of it's wonderful infinite secrets for themselves. But the outbreak ruined their plans, and then the world blew up.

So that's the Story of Gorki, Korolev, and the Ascension Group.

Also why the GK symbol can be seen in the Ascension pic.

Hope you enjoyed, if there's anything on GK I got wrong let me know so I can fix it, I wasn't really around for the GK transmissions and haven't read all the intel looking for this yet.

Guest MurderMachineX

Hm. In that one campaign mission with the Thundergun, does the story or any of the characters explain where the weapon cache comes from?

Also, is it not possible that the rockets on the Moon were V-2 Rockets?

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Hm. In that one campaign mission with the Thundergun, does the story or any of the characters explain where the weapon cache comes from?

Also, is it not possible that the rockets on the Moon were V-2 Rockets?

No, when asked about all his guns Weaver and Hudson say, "You look pretty damn prepared for a dead man." Clarke - "Just because I know the inevitability of my fate does not mean I am willing to embrace it." Weaver- "Whatever you say English"

And No, the V2 was a 1 stage ICBM. The Soyuz was a 3 stage multi purpose rocket.

v2_cutaway.jpg

V2

071006_blog.uncovering.org_soyuz_4.jpg

Soyuz manned and cargo configuration.

As you can see they're very different.

Guest MurderMachineX

I don't know...

The rockets on the Moon look quite different. I think they may have been custom-built, new, unseen rockets, perhaps laced with 115.

of0apj.png

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I don't know...

The rockets on the Moon look quite different. I think they may have been custom-built, new, unseen rockets, perhaps laced with 115.

of0apj.png

That's just because the fairing and second stage have been adjusted.

The Soyuz is not defined as a whole, it has MANY different purposes, unlike the V2 or Saturn V, which have set purposes. It's fairing shape and design changes by purpose.

Also, I guess I'm not technically correct by calling them Soyuz.

The Soyuz is subset of a larger rocket family, called the R7.

The R7 rockets all share the same first stage, it is 4 rocket boosters surrounding one main one, when the 4 large boosters around it are done, they break off into orbit and the middle on keeps going til it's out, then the third and final stage carries it the rest of it's path.

The rockets on the Moon, are clearly apart of the R7 family, and are VERY similar to Yuri Gagarin's Vostok 3KA rocket he took into orbit.

The ones on Moon, are an earlier adaption that has been weaponized as an ICBM.

vostok1-launch_1.jpg

Guest MurderMachineX

If they don't look like each other, for whatever reason, how can you suppose they are the same rocket? You say that those ones can look different, but that's circumstantial at best. I'd find it more likely to be a modified V-2, built by the people at Griffin Station.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

If they don't look like each other, for whatever reason, how can you suppose they are the same rocket? You say that those ones can look different, but that's circumstantial at best. I'd find it more likely to be a modified V-2, built by the people at Griffin Station.

The V2? How could it be? I'll put them all up here for comparison, it is clearly apart of the R7 family.

realv2.jpg

V2

Vostok_launch.jpg

Vostok (R-7 family)

Moon Rocket

ScreenShot2012-02-24at55004PM.png

R7/soyuz series engines

3840622772_7dce72c659_z.jpg?zz=1

convinced?

Guest MixMasterNut

Oh okay. So the V-2 has a completely differently shaped tail?

Although the gravity is different on the Moon, I don't think the V-2 rocket makes a for a good potential candidate for the Moon rockets. The real V-2 rockets could barely breach outside of Earth's atmosphere. It just doesn't have the range to get the job done IMO.

Guest killallzombies

if richtofen did at one point work with gersch,wouldn't he know about the thundergun plans

so this is what maxis has been hiding from me

-when recieving the thundergun from the box

Guest MixMasterNut

if richtofen did at one point work with gersch,wouldn't he know about the thundergun plans

Richtofen never worked with Gersch. Gersch wasn't born yet.

He could have been born, I don't I mean he sounds old in the 1960ish Ascension Radios. I mean there is no way he is only 20, meaning he was born in 1940. Regardless of that, back to the rockets. I am thoroughly convinced that all the rockets in the game are R7s, but I believe the ones in Ascension are R7A Semyorka's, which are ICBMs

Guest BlindBusDrivr

He could have been born, I don't I mean he sounds old in the 1960ish Ascension Radios. I mean there is no way he is only 20, meaning he was born in 1940. Regardless of that, back to the rockets. I am thoroughly convinced that all the rockets in the game are R7s, but I believe the ones in Ascension are R7A Semyorka's, which are ICBMs

This is true, I believe Richtofen worked with Gersch.

But the ThunderGun was originally made by a Russian scientist at Kino, and Maxis tried to hide it from Richtofen there and Gersch didn't receive until far after the Der Riese massacre and during this Richtofen was already gone in his time travel spree.

But the ThunderGun was originally made by a Russian scientist at Kino, and Maxis tried to hide it from Richtofen there and Gersch didn't receive until far after the Der Riese massacre and during this Richtofen was already gone in his time travel spree.

Well it is possible that Gersch worked at Kino, remember that Ed had never been there before we played there.

Guest MixMasterNut

Go pull a Gersch device out of the box on Moon while playing as Richtofen, and you'll hear the quote I was talking about. They never met.

Guest killallzombies

This explains why Richtofen went out of his way to help Gersch, they were once probably friends/associates.

Richtofen never worked with Gersch. Gersch wasn't born yet.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Doctor Gersch. He would have been fit into my project had he been born earlier.

Ahh, perhaps Gersch was also in 935, but he worked separately from Richtofen because of his age.

Gersch can't be that young, he sounds like he's in at least his 30s from the radios.

Guest football5699

He could have been born, I don't I mean he sounds old in the 1960ish Ascension Radios.

I'm a bit rusty but is there proof it was recorded in the 60s? I'm trying to remember but can't off the top of my head.

They mention Project Mercury, which was just before 1960, and they mention something the Canadians are making, which many believe to be the Avrocar made by them, which was around 1960.

Guest football5699

Ahh yes. I have a lot of catching up to do from my 6 month layoff of Iluminati studies and Zombie Storylines and Satanic Beings and whatnot lol :lol: