Pentagon Thief is stuck in a time loop?

Guest Rissole25

Guest Rissole25

It's possible the Thief is stuck in a time-loop just like Gary and Brock. Think about it. We kill him, and he drops dead in front of us saying "I have failed" (or something like that). Within the next couple of rounds, he is back at it again to try and complete the same objective over and over.

Obviously it is also just for gameplay reasons for him to keep coming back, but this could be the reason why. With George, he never actually dies. All he does is return to the water, heals, and comes back out again.

This theory can also work if he doesn't get killed. I have two ideas for it.

- Once he has grabbed the weapons and gone through the teleporter, he triggers something that causes the time loop (much like Brock grabbing the Focusing Stone and causing the time loop).

OR

- He needs more weapons, and that is why he returns. The time loop only activating once he dies.

I'm not gonna say I believe in it, but I don't think we can deny it as a possibility. I'll leave you with the Nacht der Untoten loading screen, which possibly shows the Pentagon Thief moving through time.

Nacht_der_Untote_Loading_Screen-570x333.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could understand EVERYTHING until you mentioned the loading screen. I truly truly don't believe that's the thief only because he hasn't a thing to due with NDU.

Guest MixMasterNut

I could understand EVERYTHING until you mentioned the loading screen. I truly truly don't believe that's the thief only because he hasn't a thing to due with NDU.

You see the same loading screen on FIVE.

The scientist on this loading screen, and the scientist on the Ascension loading screen are the same person.

You see the same loading screen on FIVE.

The scientist on this loading screen, and the scientist on the Ascension loading screen are the same person.

Are we sure about that? Like do we know definitively?

Guest MixMasterNut

Are we sure about that? Like do we know definitively?

I am absolutely, 100% Positive that these two scientists are the same person.

Here's a peak at something I've been working on. Just compare the notable features of the character in both loading screens.

OrderofEvents.jpg

Guest MixMasterNut

Well it shows the scientist with a vortex behind him. We know that Gersch was sucked into the device... See la connecion?

You can't tell exactly what it is, but something very bad happens to Yuri at the end of Ascension Radio 6. That's my connection.

Alright, but I personally think it's obvious it's the device, and I say that Yuri was killed by the Zombies that released when Gersch went into the Device, but that's just me ;) Next topic at hand?

Guest MixMasterNut

If I can figure out how to rip the audio file out of the PC version, I'd like to try to do a voice comparison for the Pentagon Thief's quote "I have failed", with the voices of Gersch and Yuri. Maybe that'd help us get a step closer to identifying the Pentagon Thief.

If I can figure out how to rip the audio file out of the PC version, I'd like to try to do a voice comparison for the Pentagon Thief's quote "I have failed", with the voices of Gersch and Yuri. Maybe that'd help us get a step closer to identifying the Pentagon Thief.

Easily possible. I am under the impression that the Thief is Porter, but I have no concrete evidence. I have also turned over the thought that the Thief is no one in particular, just... a person.

Guest MixMasterNut

Easily possible. I am under the impression that the Thief is Porter, but I have no concrete evidence. I have also turned over the thought that the Thief is no one in particular, just... a person.

I never thought about Porter. I've also thought that the Thief could be no one in particular, and we're all just over looking into this part. Maybe the Thief has no identity.

Guest Rissole25

Oh, I don't think it's the Thief either. The only reason I think the loading screen is connected to the Thief is because of the bottom right picture, with the numbers floating around him. I don't even think the loading screen links with Nacht der Untoten either. I just think it is a behind the scenes back story of someone. But I wish they had kept the cutscene of the plane crashed and the zombie running towards the marine.

I am absolutely, 100% Positive that these two scientists are the same person.

Here's a peak at something I've been working on. Just compare the notable features of the character in both loading screens.

OrderofEvents.jpg

I just came to the realization that they could most likely be the same person. Have you noticed when you throw a Gersch Device that you'll sometimes see the red numbers around it like the Pentagon Thief's aura? These are the only two times where the numbers are in Zombies I believe. It's possible the bottom right image shows the person appearing after going through a GD. I'm thinking it's Gersch or Yuri.

What if it's Gersch going through the Device and then the Zombies pop out and then that's Yuri looking at them? Idk, nvm, I think that they are the same person. But I'm going with Gersch since he was head scientist.

Guest MixMasterNut

I always thought the scientist in the loading screens was the Pentagon Thief, because of the numbers floating in the last caption. But it could just be a teleporter similar to the ones in FIVE.

Guest Royal Gambit

what if he is a paradox, (its a wild theory); for example in back to the future marty's parents name one thier kids marty. i say this becuase the thief keeps on coming back similar to the effects of a paradox. maybe they built there own teleporter, you'll also notice that there was a half made ray gun, maybe they overloaded the teleporter much more than what the other weapons can do and caused this. a teleporter, to a time machine, to a paradox machine...