TAC N SHOOTER'S "Epic Zombies Timeline and Story" EDIT 10/30

Guest Shooter

Guest Shooter

UPDATE: 10/30/11

After much, much discussing with Tac and a few other members, the timeline has changed somewhat significantly in some areas. If anyone did read the first timeline I put up, you'll see some pretty big changes that answer quite a few questions. So go ahead, read it over, and let me know what you guys think! Any helpful feedback will be rewarded. Again, me and Tac are nowhere near done, and are now working on the events of Kino and Ascension. Stay tuned for more updates to come!

Thanks goes to: Rissole25, Krazycookies, MixMasterNut, and Zombieofthedead for all the great and helpful feedback. You're all bringing up great points that help form this timeline. Keep it up guys!

I orginally started this indepently, but now am working directly with TacticalInsertion to get a kick-ass and detailed timeline. This is a work in progress, and is nowhere near finished. Be sure to check back from time to time as we're still working on it.

What's up fellow CoDzers! I've been trying to wrap my head around the storyline of zombies lately, and now that we've got some time to kill, I started putting together a timeline of events. I started by entering all the known dates (confirmed via Radios), and then placed the other dates as I went along. I tried to provide supporting evidence of all the dates and events through radios or quotes. This is of course a work in progress. What I'd like to do though is discuss the timeline, as there are complications, which I will note along the way. I'd like to get any feedback possible. Try to have a radio or quotes that helps support your idea if you can. I'd like to keep theories out as much as possible, but of course it is enivitable as we don't have all the pieces to the puzzle. I've been brainstorming this stuff like crazy the last couple weeks or so, giving myself headaches from over thinking the whole thing. So I really hope I can get feedback on this.

First of all, before I begin, I'd like to cite a few other great storyline threads. I'd advise you to read these threads as well. My storyline of course goes in a different direction than these, but some things do intercross. It's best for you read all of these threads to base your own opinion on the storyline.

AlphaSnake's (EPIC!) The (G)rand Zombie Design From The Past To The ?uture & Back - viewtopic.php?f=68&t=7427

TacticalInsertion's Time + Location of Zombies Maps (w/ Proof) *UPDATED w/ S-L* - viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11967

BlindBusDrivr's The Entire Zombies Story Tunguska-Moon - viewtopic.php?f=68&t=16801

On to the Timeline. Before we start, here's just a few things you'll notice:

Blue = Time and Location

Cyan = When we actually play in the game as our characters.

*** = Indicates a complication or contradiction in the storyline. See bottom of post for details.

[center:103e8rya]Timeline[/center:103e8rya]

Der Riese Facility, Near Breslau, Germany. September, 1939.

derriesesign1.jpg

Sometime Before September, 1939. - Under Group 935, testing at Der Riese begins with Dr. Maxis in charge of operations, and Dr. Richtofen as his second hand man. Their main objectives are to create an Undead Army, build the DG2 for mass production, and to successfully make a Matter Transference Prototype.(MTP)

Maxis: Gentlemen, allow me to take this opportunity to welcome you group nine three five. This is a prestigious moment in the history of our race. You represent the future of technological advancement. You are the pioneers of human discovery. In your hands lies the destiny of mankind. In our hands is a great power and with that power comes a price. You have volunteered to be part of this great experiment and with that decision comes the responsibility of absolute secrecy. No one is to know what you do, where you work, what our research has discovered, or what our purpose will be. You will have no further contact with your governments or with your families. Your decision to fully dedicate your lives to Group 935 is absolute. In your lockers you will find your field ops manual which will direct you should our manifesto get compromised. We cannot afford to let this power fall into the wrong hands and therefore the field ops manual should be considered your bible. Make your preparations now. A new dawn is beginning for mankind.

December 4, 1939. - Supported by funding from Group 935, Dr. Richtofen and Dr. Schuster successfully teleport an object, a walnut, for the first time with the Matter Transference Prototype.

Edward Richtofen: "Log entry 38. Date: December 4, 1939. The matter transferring prototype is prepared for test run number 151. We have now reduced our test subject's mass to prove that this is possible. Dr. Schuster, please give an overview."

Dr. Schuster: "Yes Dr. Richtofen. We have a new test subject, a walnut, weighing in at 10 grams. The target platform is now at three feet with no obstructions. We have one microgram of the element which, according to our calculations, will be entirely used up during the test."

Edward Richtofen: "Excellent Dr Schuster. Commence test number 151."

Dr. Schuster: "Yes, Doctor. Please insert your earplugs."

(Buzzing, whizzing, clanging, and propelling are heard)

Dr. Schuster: "Good God! We've done it! We have powered a prototype. And it moved a walnut directly from the prototype device into the receiving device. It moved instantly. It... it teleported."

Edward Richtofen: "Get me Dr. Maxis immediately!"

December 5, 1939. - Dr. Maxis and Richtofen get into an argument regarding the results of the first teleportation. Richtofen is also informed by Dr. Maxis that funding for Group 935 is now coming from the Nazi Party.(Most likely due to WWII just beginning, the Nazis wanted the ultimate weapons.) He also suspects that Maxis is going to steal his work and claim it for himself.

Ludwig Maxis: "But this is not the crucial experiment you were supposed to be working on..."

Edward Richtofen: "With all due respect, Doctor Maxis, this is a breakthrough of unimaginable proportions."

Ludwig Maxis: (Sarcastically) "What? That you moved a walnut a few feet? Yes, Edward, we will improve the human condition by revolutionizing the walnut industry. I can see it now: 'Edward's Walnut Delivery."

Edward Richtofen: "Don't be obtuse."

Ludwig Maxis: (Angrily) "How dare you call me that! We are at war, Edward! (slightly calmer) I will admit that there is promise here but until this war is won..."

Edward Richtofen: "Correct me if I'm wrong, Doctor Maxis, but Group 935 is a research organization with what was the motto to improve the human condition. What business of ours is it?"

Ludwig Maxis: (In a defeated voice) "Fine, Doctor Richtofen, I will let you in on a little administrative secret: we are finalizing a deal with the Nazi party. We need funding, we need equipment, they need new weapons. Chances are this war will end soon with a treaty or two and we will be in a much better position to help the world."

Edward Richtofen: "Are you certain this won't cause massive defections? We have scientists from all over the world working with us."

Ludwig Maxis: "That is why it is with the utmost confidence that I share this with you. No one will know of this. This is simply the breaking of an egg to make an omelet."

Edward Richtofen: "Think of the tactical advantage we will have..."

Ludwig Maxis: "Think of the cost, think of the time! We can provide the Nazis tactical expertise in various areas without putting all our eggs in your (angrily) walnut basket. Good day, Edward, and get back to your real work."

(Feet hitting the ground and a door slamming can be heard)

Edward Richtofen: "What a jerk. I think Doctor Maxis has lost his perspective. No matter... we will do this on our own and publish the findings before he has a chance to..."

Dr. Schuster: "You're not suggesting that Dr. Maxis would steal this technology and perfect this without us, are you?"

Edward Richtofen: "I would by no means discourage that thought. Great scientists must stick together and achieve great science."

January 4, 1940. - Despite doubts from Schuster, Richtofen successfully teleports himself for the first time. But instead of teleporting 30 feet away like both scientists predicted, Richtofen is teleported to the Moon. Schuster has no idea where he has gone. Richtofen discovers the Vril Pyramid (MPD) there, and touches it and gets shocked. This is when Richtofen first begins to hear the voices. A strange noise is then heard, and Richtofen is teleported to presumably Shangri-La.

blackalienpyramid.jpg

Thanks AlphaSnake for the pic

When Richtofen arrives at Shangri La, he discovers an ancient subterranean civilization of people, the Vril-Ya. Richtofen discovers the secrets of these ancient people, and the Vril-Ya consider him to be a godlike figure. Richtofen is given the Focusing Stone from the Vril-Ya as a gift. They build Ed a shrine as well, and teleport him to ancient Siberia (CotD) to retrieve the Golden Rod, another ancient Vril item. When combined, the Vril Device is capable of unimaginable and unlimited power. After he has retrieved both items, he returns back to Griffin Station, 19 days later.

richtofentomb.png651pxgoldenrod.png

Edward Richtofen: "Entry 42. Date: January 4th, 1940. Dr. Schuster and I, despite mounting pressure from Dr. Maxis, have continued working on the matter transference prototype. We have made great strides in the last thirty days and are ready for our first human subject. If our calculations are correct, we will send a test subject to the receptacle station sitting thirty yards away and behind a cinder-block wall."

Dr. Schuster: "Are you certain you want to do this, Dr. Richtofen?"

Edward Richtofen: "Nein, Dr. Schuster, this must be done. Quickly, put in your earplugs and power up the machine."

(Teleporting noise is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Is there a power outage? Why is it so dark? I feel almost... weightless. How very unexpected. Dr. Schuster? Hello?"

(Clicking can be heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Ah, I can see now. Oh my god. I am standing in a circular cave, surrounded by some kind of machine like, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. It looks almost alien in nature. There's a pyramid structure at the center of the room. I'm going to try and carefully touch it."

(Shock is heard as Richtofen touches it)

Edward Richtofen: "Ahhh. Static electricity. It's sharp to the touch. Very cold. Not a speck of dust."

(Richtofen bangs on it)

Edward Richtofen: "Hmm, might be hollow. The chamber's quite large. I see what looks like capacitors at the ceiling of the chamber. There are no obvious connections to anything electrical. What is this place? Dr. Schuster, is that you? Dr. Schuster! Look at this. It appears to be covered in some kind of hieroglyphic language. I've not seen anything like it before. Why are you whispering to me? There's no need for that."

(Odd noise is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "What is this? Do you hear that? It sounds like..."

(Loud static and noise is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "My god, what happened? I seem to be in some kind of jungle. I can't be certain of where I am."

(Jungle noises are heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Oh no!"

January 23, 1940. - After going 19 days without a sign of Richtofen, Schuster contemplates his demise. But then suddenly Schuster hears Richtofen’s voice in the room with him. Richtofen tells Schuster to get into the MTP, and Schuster is teleported to the Moon.

Dr. Schuster: "Log Entry 43. Date: January 23rd, 1940. I cannot be certain what happened to Dr. Richtofen. Once the test was commenced, he just disappeared from the machine into thin air. I have searched the area for days and have no evidence that he is anywhere. I am afraid I might have to scrap the-"

(Banging is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Don't stop anything. We have done something, something wonderous. Shhh. Do you hear them?"

Dr. Schuster: "Dr. Richtofen, you're alive!"

Edward Richtofen: "I'm more than alive, Mr. Scheuster. Is the device still intact?"

Dr. Schuster: "Yes, but, what happened to you?"

Edward Richtofen: "Aaah, something wunderbar! That chamber was incredible, the wonders we could learn!"

Dr. Schuster: "What are you talking about? Are you alright?"

Edward Richtofen: "Get in the matter transference prototype, Dr. Scheuster. We have work to-"

Griffin Station, Moon. Early January 1942.

Early January, 1942. - After two years of construction at Griffin Station under Group 935, Richtofen announces that they will no longer be controlled by Maxis and Group 935. Dr. Groph is put in charge at Griffin Station and gives him a mission of discovering how the Vril Pyramid works. Richtofen believes it is a direct gateway to Aether.

Richtofen also discovers that Maxis is currently working on a project at Der Riese concerning Vril, and leaves Griffin Station and heads to Der Riese to see what he's up to.

Dr. Richtofen: "Gentlemen, for two long years we have toiled here and at Eagle's Nest to build up fortifications. For two long years we have taken equipment to build up our labs. For two long years we have worked under Group 935, believing that Dr. Maxis truly wants to help the world. For two long years we've led a double life. Today, that all ends."

(Inaudible conversing is heard from crowd and continues through Richtofen's speaking.)

Dr. Richtofen: "I bring to you what this project is all about. What I have worked to keep from my enemy."

Dr. Groph: "What is it Dr. Richtofen? It looks alien."

Dr. Richtofen: "It is an ancient vril machine. And you, Dr. Groph, are now the lead scientist here at Griffin Station."

(Applause for Dr. Groph is heard.)

Dr. Richtofen: "You will be the one to discover how it works."

(Applause ends.)

Dr. Groph: "We first must discover what it does."

Dr. Richtofen: "Nein, Dr. Groph, I know what it does. It is a direct connection to another dimension."

(Crowd begins conversing again.)

Dr. Groph: "Preposterous!"

Dr. Richtofen: "No more preposterous than teleporting all of you to (Static) Griffin Station."

Dr. Groph: "Is it (*Static*) How do you know what it does?"

Dr. Richtofen: "I found many interesting vril artifacts here. I have decoded them and all signs point to this device being a stable gateway to the Aether"

(Loud conversing again)

Dr. Schuster: "Dr. Richtofen, I am aware of a project being run by Dr. Maxis at Der Riese concerning vril."

Dr. Richtofen: "As am I. I am going back to my port at Group 935 to continue the charade. I will be figuring out just how much information Dr. Maxis has (*Static*) Once the machine is operational, I will enact my plan and return. Gentlemen, let the games begin."

(Applause is heard.)

Dr. Richtofen: "Shhhh, the voices are so loud!"

Early January, 1942. - Richtofen continues to work with Dr. Maxis at Der Riese (while secretly planning his demise.) Dr. Groph and Dr. Schuster accidentally discover how the pyramid is powered by killing a rat near one of the tanks. Not very long afterwards, they begin killing residents of Kustover Posten (most likely either POW camp or Nazi concentration camp.) They fill up all the tanks, and bury the dead outside (explains why they’re coming out of the ground outside.) At some point, Richtofen checks with Groph upon the status of the Pyramid Device via telecommunications. Richtofen states he is going to proceed with Operation Shield and return to Griffin Station shortly. He also vows to dispose of Maxis and Samantha personally.

Dr. Groph: (Static) "Log, 1075. Dr Schuster and I have spent countless hours with the pyramid device in an attempt to understand how it functions. We have made little progress...until now. Today we uncovered what appears to be some kind of tank with a glasslike front. The glass itself seems-"

Dr. Schuster: "I've got you now rat!"

Dr. Groph: "Kill it Schuster!"

(Squishing sound followed by a whooshing sound)

Dr. Schuster: "Did you see that?"

Dr. Groph: "Look! The capacitor is illuminated, the tank is filling-"

Dr. Schuster: "The machine. It seems to be activated! What did you do?"

Dr. Groph: "I think we just discovered what powers this machine." (Static)

Edward Richtofen: (Static) "Gri-ffin station. This is Eagle’s Nest. Status update. Over."

Dr. Groph: "Hello Doctor. We have the shipment, and are carrying out your orders."

(Gunshot, grunting, and a whooshing sound are heard)

Dr. Groph: “It is grim work Doctor.”

Edward Richtofen: “All in the name of science Dr Groph. Continue until the tanks are full."

Dr. Groph: “Yes...Doctor”

(Gunshot, grunting and a whooshing sound are heard)

Dr. Groph: “May God have mercy on us all.” (Static)

Dr. Groph: (Static) “Eagle’s Nest. This is Griffin Station. We have an update. Over.”

Edward Richtofen: “Dr Groph, have you made any progress?”

Dr. Groph: “Yes Doctor. The machine is ready and awaiting the conduit”

Edward Richtofen: (Laughing) "Very good, I will proceed with Operation Shield and join you shortly”

Dr. Groph: “Security Protocol 935"

Edward Richtofen: "Yes, I will dispose of Dr. Maxis and that little brat personally. Do not... touch... Anyth-” (Static)

Der Riese Facility, Near Breslau, Germany. January 20, 1942.

January 20, 1942 - Back at Der Riese, Dr. Maxis and Dr. Richtofen continue thier testing of the matter transference prototype. The first 3 human test subjects used in the teleporter died during testing. The ones that do not die are unresponsive to any commands. On January 20, 1942 Dr Maxis. buys a dog for his daughter Sam, which he names Fluffy. The dog is pregnant, and Maxis intends to use the dog and it's puppies to test on in the MTP.

***TEST CASE A00001***

“Greetings

“I am ludvig maxis

“today is 20 January 1942

“my daughter has a dog

“it’s name is fluffy

“this is File 1

“for storage in the data

“servant

“I trust in it’s success

***END FILE***

Dr. Maxis: Now, you must be very diligent with her Samantha. Owning a dog is a great responsibility.

Samantha: Yes, father. Oh, I love her.

Dr. Maxis: You must feed her every day, and walk her, and be very careful when you play with her. You know she's going to have puppies.

Samantha: Really? Can I keep the puppies too father?

Dr. Maxis: We'll see Samantha. One step at a time.

1942/1943. - The first 3 human test subjects used in the teleporter die. Because of a lack of funding, Dr. Maxis writes a letter to his assistant, Sophia, to give to the Reichstag High Command. In the letter he mentions that they are running low on Element 115, as well as test subjects. The DG2 is doing better expected though and should be ready for mass production shortly. Dr. Maxis also mentions in his letter that the Americans have a large supply of Element 115 at their Nevada base (Area 51/Groom Lake/NML)

Dr. Maxis: Initiating test number 3. Subject is within the test chamber. Activate power.

*Teleporter is activated*

Richtofen: Oh, oh my god!

Maxis: Get a hold of yourself and clean that up! Test number 3, unsuccessful. Test subject has been reduced to the same state, as previous subjects. CLEAN UP THE TEST CHAMBER AND RECALIBRATE THE SYSTEM! Let's do it again.

Richtofen: Yes, doctor.

Dr. Maxis: Sophia, this letter is to go to the Reichstag High Command immediately. Gentlemen, it is with the utmost urgency that I draw your attention to the lack of funding being injected into The Giant project. While I believe we are close to realizing the ultimate plan, we still have several years of development before it is ready. It would be folly to cut our expenditure so early in our development. As you know, early tests on the DG-2 have easily outperformed expectations and we fully anticipate mass producing the Wunderwaffe within the next few years. Work on the matter transference has however come to a standstill. We simply do not have enough Element 115 to continue the experiments. The test subjects have survived teleportation but are currently unresponsive to commands and cannot be controlled. If we are to overcome this obstacle we need to increase the frequency and size of the experiment. To this end, I suggest we not only find a regular supply of 115, but that we also find a larger conduit to channel the energy. Our operatives in America have informed us that the US has a large supply of the element at the Nevada base, so time is of the essence if we are to stay ahead of them. This cannot be done if you cut the budget, nor can it be done if you insist on pressuring us into action before we are ready. I am of course available for discussion of the matter but in the meantime, I will continue with the work here and try to win this damned war. Signed etc. etc. Doctor Maxis.

Mid 1943 - The puppies have now matured, and Richtofen and Maxis use Fluffy as Test Subject #5 and attempt to teleport Fluffy. The test is unsucessful, as the dog dissappears, but does not reappear back at the main frame. Unbeknownst to the two doctors, the dog is sent to the Aether, and the Hellhound is born (it does not return to Der Riese yet though.) Richtofen and Maxis go back to the drawing board (chalkboard). A lack of funding has lead to a very limited supply of 115 left, and they must continue to do more research before proceeding with any more testing. It is not until Late October of 1945 that they pick-up with the human testing.

*Barking dogs*

Maxis: Edward tie the damn thing down! We can't have it running around during the test!

*dog whimpers*

Richtofen: It's tied down now Dr. Maxis.

Maxis: Initiating test number 5. Subject is within the test chamber. Activate power.

*electricity*

Richtofen: Searching for vitals. No reading, doctor. The subject has... disappeared. Dr. Maxis we've done it!

Maxis: Don't be foolish! Test number 5 is unsuccessful. Subject has vanished, yes, but has not reappeared at the mainframe. RECALIBRATE THE DAMN SYSTEM! NOW!

hellhounds.jpg

Thanks AlphaSnake for the pic!

September 2, 1945. - Richtofen continues testing on two of his personal test subjects, Takeo and Nikolai, but continues to run into failures. He is working with Maxis, but behind his back at Griffin Station at the same time. Richtofen does note that Takeo had improved slightly with the tests. He also states that he has killed the “Mexican Subject” and needs a replacement. Richtofen also makes mention of experimenting on Maxis’ daughter, Samantha, and wonders what Maxis would think of it.

***(2)

Log entry 1471

Date: September 2nd, 1945.

Deeeear diary,

Another day, another failure. This time subject N3WB just slightly improved. The Russian subject still smells like urine. even after? he was given a bath and deloused TWICE. I think i might have killed the specimen from Mexico. His spleen is on the floor and and he's not moving anymore. I can verify with certainty that the barrier is not located in the spleen. Dr Maxis must continue no matter the cost. I wonder what he might think? of the experiments on the little girl.

*Monkey screech*

NIEN!!! drop that! That's my Spleen! MINE!

September 10, 1945. - Richtofen and Maxis continue their testing on the test subjects Tak and Niko. He is having trouble breaking through the trust barrier of his test subjects. He also states that someone found a spy today and are delivering him from Verruckt. (Dempsey)

takeoh.pngnikolai.pngdempseyk.png

Log Entry 1472

Date: September 10th, 1945.

Deeeear diary,

Today was? a good day. The swelling has subsided, the ice helps.

They made liverwurst for lunch. It was (static). I still have not had any luck reprogramming any of the live specimens. Dr. Maxis says the key to unlocking the human mind will be more easily discovered of someone who isn't dead yet. I am not convinced. The army is stored until I can fix this, this trust barrier.

Oh. Apparently someone in security? found a spy today, they are delivering him from Verruckt, to replace the one that I broke.

September 17, 1945. - Richtofen begins testing on Dempsey, along with continued testing on Takeo and Nikolai.

Log Entry 1473

Date: September 17th, 1945.

Deeear diary,

Richtofen: Today-

Dempsey (surrounded with * when talking): *Get your hands of me you damn dirty Nazi.*

Oh ho! Get Dr. Ludvig.

*Yeah thats right, you want some of this?*

*I'm talking you home in bags, freaks!*

(SCUFFLE OCCURS)

Nien (static) little Americans!

*Ok now I'm mad*

I suppose this must be the replacement specimen. Time to get to work!

*I can still hear you*

HIT HIM AGAIN WITH THE STICK!!

***SERVANT ENTRY B67129***

“Experiments ongoing. “Observed a new effect “As a result of experiments. “Dr. Edward Richtofen as witness “Outlines as follows: “Tank Dempsey “Nikolai Belinski “Takeo Masaki “Subjects display unique “Side effects “Compared to previous “Subjects. “Baseline psyche remains “Intact, “But all specific memories “Have been lost. “Dr. Richtofen will continue “Observations.

***END FILE***

Wittenau Sanitarium, Berlin, Germany. September 19, 1945.

verruckt.png

Verruckt Event. Wittenau Sanitarium, Berlin, Germany. September 19, 1945.

The initial outbreak. An American Marine Recon Unit, led by Tank Dempsey, is sent to the Verruckt Asylym on a rescue mission for Peter McKay. Dempsey is, however, identified as a spy and taken prisoner before the rest of his team arrives, and is sent to Edward Richtofen in Der Riese. The four Marines arrive and infiltrate to find Peter and all four Marines are killed.

Der Riese Facility, Near Breslau, Germany. September 20, 1945.

September 20, 1945 - Richtofen states that the other Marines that were sent into Verruckt on a rescue mission were killed by the first batch of test subjects. This was most likely Dempsey's team (we know Dempsey lead a rescue mission into Verruckt via DSF), but since Dempsey was captured as a spy before his team could come to his aid, he did not die like the rest of his team. Richtofen believes there are more spies within the 935 organization, specifically Harvey Yena and Dr. Peter McKay. Takeo, Dempsey, and Nikolai all have lost their memory and forgotten who they are. Dempsey continues to yell and break the restraints. Takeo continues to stare at the floor uttering Japanese proverbs. Nikolai recently begins to respond to the stimuli after being injected with Vodka.

Log Entry 1474

Date: September 20th, 1945:

Deeear diary,

It would seem that the O.S.S realized that we have captured one of their spies. They tried to send a rescue team into Verruckt that was (static) the first batch of test subjects. I suspect that there are other moles in the organization, Dr. Harvey Yena, or Doctor Peter McKay to be precise.

Dr Maxis doesn't (static) any Americans at group 935, no matter how much genius? they have. Stupid Americans with their... Apple pies and baseball and children, but I digress.

The new American Test subject is interesting, and muscly, His intellect seems low but his will is strong, like the others he doesn't seem to know who he is anymore. Unlike the others, he keeps breaking the restraints and Yelling at me.

Test Subject N3WB is still staring at the floor muttering what sounds like some kind of proverb over and over again. I think his mind may have been destroyed by the (static)... Oh well.

The Russian subject recently begun responding to stimuli, but only after injecting him with a new serum made primarily from vodka. Perhaps this is the break through we've been waiting for.

Unknown Location, Presumably Germany. Late September, 1945.

nachtderuntotengroundfl.jpgnachtderuntotenoverview.jpg

Nacht Der Untoten Event. Unknown Location. Late September, 1945.

4 Unknown Soldiers find themselves trapped inside an abandoned outpost with zombies coming in from all directions. The soldiers attempt to hold down the building, but eventually fail and are killed. The zombies may be the same zombies from the Verruckt outbreak, so it's a possibilty it was located near Wittenau Sanataium. It's also possible that the outbreak has spread across the country, and even the most remote areas are being affected by it.

***The exact time and date of NDU is unnknown.

Ever since the second outbreak at Nacht der Untoten, troops have been noticing strange radio transmissions and broadcasts taking place in the dead of the night. Back at HQ, we are hoping these rumors can help you soldiers come closer to unraveling the truth."

Der Riese Facility, Near Breslau, Germany. October 1, 1945.

October 1, 1945 - Maxis has stopped production of the DG2 at Der Riese. Richtofen puts the testing of his subjects on hold after he discovers that Dr. Maxis had not been mass producing the DG2 as he said he would. Richtofen states he will no longer continue to help with Maxis’ dream of an Undead Army. Richtofen has figured out the perfect way of getting rid of Maxis once and for all.

Log Entry 1475

Date: October 1st, nineteen hundred forty five.

Deeeear diary,

As for the control group tests, they have been put on hold. Recently I discovered that Dr. Maxis has not been mass producing the DG-2 as he swore he would. If he wont move those plans forward, then i wont continue following his dream of an undead army! He doesnt deserve his perch of? power. He doesnt know what to do with it! I know just what to do with him, but I'll take care of that little brat when I get the chance to.

Late 1945 - After over a year of continuous research, they are ready to continue thier testing of the MTD. They place the test subject in the chamber and activate the teleporter, but the test is a failure. After the test if over, a flash of lighting emits, and a Hellhound appears in the teleporter. At that moment, Samantha walks in the room and sees her beloved Fluffy transformed. She runs inside the teleport to aid her dog, and Dr. Maxis chases her inside to stop her. Richtofen spots his oppurtunity, shuts the door in the teleporter, and activates the power. Ed says his last goodbyes, and Samantha and Maxis dissappear. (are teleported to Moon(Samantha) and Shangri La(Maxis))

Dr. Maxis: Initiating test number six. Subject is within test chamber. Activate power.

*Teleporter is activated*

Dr. Maxis: Damn it Edward! Did you set up the device correctly?

Edward: Yes Doctor. As per your specifications.

Dr. Maxis: If you had done it to my specifications then it would have worked, wouldn't it? As usual your incompetence has... What?

*Hellhound noise*

Edward: Do you hear that, Doctor?

Dr. Maxis: Quiet, you fool! Test number six is a failure, but the experiment has caused some kind of electrical force to energize within the chamber. Well, open the door.

Edward : Doctor, I don't think...

Dr. Maxis: Open the door NOW!

*Door opens and dog growls*

Samantha: Daddy, what are you doing with Fluffy?

Dr. Maxis: Damn it, Samantha. I told you never to come in here. Edward, get her out of here.

Edward: Yes Doctor.

*Samantha screams*

Samantha: What's wrong with her? Daddy, what did you do? Fluffy!

Dr. Maxis: Come back here! Samantha. Stop her! Easy. Come here Samantha. Good girl. Gently Samantha. That's not Fluffy anymore. We must get out of here.

*Door closes*

Dr. Maxis: What? Edward what are you doing? Open the door. Edward. Open this door now!

Samantha: Dad. I'm scared.

Dr. Maxis: Damn you... Stay by me, Samantha.

Edward: Goodbye, Doctor Maxis.

*Power is activated and Edward laughs*

Meanwhile at Griffin Station, Moon. Late, 1945.

Meanwhile, at Griffin Station. Late, 1945. - While waiting for Richtofen’s return to Griffin Station, a security alert announces an intruder inside the Receiving Bay. The intruder is Samantha Maxis. After being chased by members of Griffin Station, she smashes into the Vril Pyramid and gets stuck inside.

Dr. Groph: (Static) “-tor Schuster, Report.”

Dr. Schuster: “The tanks are full and the shields are down. The machine is humming nicely.”

Dr. Groph: “Good, but what of the shipment?”

Dr. Schuster: “Most are buried outside of the base, the live ones we’ve sent back to Kustover Posten"

Dr. Groph: “Excellent, then there is nothing left but to wait for Dr. Richtofen’s return”

Dr. Schuster: “Perhaps this is a good time to work on my low gravity putting in the bio-dome”

Dr. Groph: “Yes, I did believe that time-”

(Alarm sounds: “Intruder Detected - Receiving Bay”)

Dr. Groph: “Security, Report”

(Static)

Dr. Groph: “Can you repeat?”

Dr. Schuster: “She’s coming right towards the-”

(A girl’s scream heard)

Dr. Groph: "Get her!"

Dr. Schuster: “Get back here!”

(Girl’s screams are retreating, running footsteps heard)

Dr. Groph: “Nein! Do not let her-”

(A loud bang, smashing glass and hissing gas sounds are heard)

Dr. Groph: “Dammit, Dr Schuster, find a way to get her out of the pyramid, I will contact Edward, let him know there’s been an incident” (Static)

Late, 1945. - Richtofen is still at Der Riese. He communicates with Groph via telecommunication regarding Samantha in the Pyramid and tells Groph to look out for Dr. Maxis at the Moon Base, although Richtofen said he’d already taken care of him. At the end of their conversation, Richtofen warns Groph to “keep an eye out for an evil looking dog while you’re at it.”

Edward Richtofen: (Static) “How did she end up there? No matter, I know what must be done, in the meantime see if you can find Dr. Maxis, perhaps he can talk some sense into her.”

Dr Groph: “Did you not deal with him already?”

Edward Richtofen: “Yes, but if the child ended up here, then Maxis must be somewhere too. Find him.”

Dr Groph: “How do you propose-”

Edward Richtofen: “Dr Groph I cannot do everything for you. I leave this in your capable hands. There is much to be done.”

Dr Groph: “Yes Doctor”

Edward Richtofen: “Oh and Groph?”

Dr Groph: “Yes?”

Edward Richtofen: "Keep an eye out for an evil looking dog while you're at it” (Static)

Late 1945. - Dr. Schuster and Dr. Groph power up the Pyramid and insert the scepter (Golden Rod). They then use the Vril Pyramid Device to locate Dr. Maxis and teleport him to Griffin Station. When Dr. Maxis is teleported to the Moon Base, he is unaware of where he is, and doesn’t know how they got him “out of that wretched tunnel.”

Dr. Maxis then tries to talk to his daughter Samantha who‘s locked herself inside the pyramid. He apologizes for everything he put Sam through, and he states he did not want to neglect her, but keep her from harm. Samantha then starts to cry. Dr. Maxis sympathizes with his daughter, and ultimately asks for his daughter Samantha to do one last thing. To “Kill them….ALL!” A gunshot then rings out, Dr Maxis screams “No!”, Samantha laughs demonically, and Dr. Groph signs off on the log with one last statement - “We are doomed.” It is not clear who was shot.

***(1)

Dr. Groph: (Static) “Hope this works. Schuster, power it up”

(Hissing gas and a loud bang are heard)

Computerized voice: “Systems Nominal. Accessing Pyramid Device. Interface via M.P.D. active. Accessing M.P.D.. M.P.D. integrity check nominal. Awaiting input.”

Dr. Groph: “Excellent, bring the scepter”

(Loud bangs heard)

Computerized voice: “Analyzing M.P.D.. Creating profile. Profile Created.”

Dr. Groph: “Excellent. Now, scan for target.”

Dr. Schuster: “Yes Doctor.”

(Gas hissing and bangs are heard once again)

Computerized voice: “Target located.”

Dr. Groph: “Bring him here, immediately.”

(Gas hissing and bangs are heard followed by the sound of a teleporter. The thumping of someone landing is heard afterwards)

Dr Schuster: "Greetings, Dr. Maxis."

Ludwig Maxis: “Schuster! I should’ve known. Where is that rat Edward? Where are we? And how did you get me out of that wretched tunnel”

Dr Groph: “None of that is important right now. Allow me to fill you in”

(Static)

Ludwig Maxis: "Samantha. Honey? Daddy is here. Come dear, please. Open the machine. Daddy will not let them hurt you anymore. Honey? Daddy knows he’s made some mistakes, I am truly sorry that you were put through so much. When your mother died I could not bear the thought of losing you too, that’s why I kept you so close. I did not mean to neglect you, I just wanted to now you were safe from harm-”

(Hissing gas & a girl crying is heard crying.)

Samantha Maxis: “Daddy!”

Ludwig Maxis: “I love you, Samantha.”

Samantha Maxis: (Sobbing) “I love you too Daddy.”

Ludwig Maxis: “Can you do something for me? Something very important.”

Samantha Maxis: “Yes.”

Ludwig Maxis: “Kill them... all.”

(A gunshot is heard)

Ludwig Maxis: "No!"

(Gas hisses)

Samantha: (Demonic Laughter) Hahahaha

Dr Groph: “We are doomed.” (Static)

Der Riese Facility, Near Breslau, Germany. Late, 1945.

Late 1945. - An outbreak occurs at the Der Riese facility while Richtofen is working with his subjects. He escapes with the gang to an alternative testing site located in the swamps of Shi No Numa.

Rising Sun Facility, Shi No Numa, Japan. 1946.

shinonuma2.jpgrezurrectionshinonuma.jpg

Shi No Numa Event. Rising Sun Facility, Shi No Numa, Japan. 1946.

An outbreak occurs at the Der Riese facility, and Richtofen and his test subjects Dempsey, Nikolai, and Takeo escape to the Rising Sun Facility in Shi No Numa with the help of Group 935. Richtofen hopes to seek refuge from the zombies so he can continue his testing on his subjects. However, when they arrive they realize that this facility is also coming under attack from the undead. The crew throws on their gears, grab their guns, and fight off the undead imperial zombies. They eventually fight them off and travel back to Der Riese to get much needed supplies, only to discover that Der Riese has also come under attack from the zombies.

Der Riese Facility, Near Breslau, Germany. Late 1946.

derrieseoverhead.jpg

Der Riese Event. Der Riese Facility, Near Breslau, Germany. Late 1946.

Richtofen and the gang travel back to Der Riese for supplies. When they arrive, the facility seems deserted from the previous outbreak. As they enter the facility, they realize that they are not alone like they first thought. The zombies start pouring in, and the gang works together to fend them off. At some point during their battle, Richtofen picks up a Wunder Waffe DG2. Eventually the crew begins to get overwhelmed by the zombies and fall back to the teleporter. Richtofen sets the teleporter, but as they are about to teleport, Richtofen blasts a shot of the DG2 at a horde of oncoming zombies. This overloads the MDT and causes a break in time and space and they travel forward 20+ years into the future and arrive at an empty movie theater. (Kino)

Dempsey: Ugh.. where the hell are we?

Nickolai: A better question is...

Richtofen: When the hell are we?

Nikolai: NO! Where the hell is my Vodka?!

Richtofen: Yes of course! The DG-2 must have overloaded the teleporter ripping space-time, back tracing us across the future! How Wonderful!

*Takeo throws up, dropping Nikolai's vodka*

Nikolai: There is my vodka! Thank you, Takeo.

Tank: Oh come on Tak, suck it up and walk it off.

Dr. Richtofen in Loading Screen: Entry 741021! Perhaps the station will hold the key to the real goals of Group 935. I still do not trust my unconventional allies, but they are of great use to me. But, I digress. Who would have thought the MDT was capable of time travel? How many stations does this group have? Where did that little girl disappear to? Only time will tell what new questions awaits us in this... THEATER OF THE DAMNED!

Abandoned Nazi Theater, Berlin, Germany. 1968.

kinocrawler.jpg

Kino Der Toten Event. Abandoned Theater, Berlin, Germany. 1968.

After accidently overloading the teleporter in Der Riese with the DG2, they travel forward in time more than 20 years to the abandoned theater. This theater was used by Dr. Maxis before and during the operations at Der Riese. This may have been the first facility that Maxis used for trainging the zombies. He attempted to brainwash or train zombies by showing them propaganda films on the projector. The facility was also used for testing with Nova 6 gas that leads to the creation of Nova 6 crawlers. The results of Maxis' programs are unsucessful in the end, and the the theater became overrun with zombies. The gang fights off the zombies and in the process find the Russian designed Thundergun that was produced by Dr. Maxis. Richtofen uses the Thundergun to overload the teleporter and they time travel to Ascension. Richtofen intends to travel to the Russian Facility (same one that Maxis took the Thundergun designs from?) and steal the Gersch Device, which he'll use to travel in time and get the Golden Rod and Focusing Stone.

Radio 1

Dr. Maxis: The test subjects have been undergoing treatment for five days with a little progress. I have been assured that given time, the programming will take hold.

Radio 2

Dr. Maxis: In the past weeks, we have made great strides in breaking through to their subconscious. I have had the projectionists make edits to a few. These changes have been very effective.

Radio 3

Dr. Maxis: Subject two-six has had a breakthrough, he is responding to the treatments and following basic instructions, violent outbursts have been greatly reduced, and given time we feel this method of treatment will be 100 percent effective in most cases.

Radio 4

Dr. Maxis: The timeline for deployment can be accelerated. Given the progress we have made in the past two weeks, if patient two-six can retain the impressions longer than twenty-six hours, we will have the process perfected.

Radio 5

Dr: Maxis: Another setback, Patient two-six was killed this morning in a field test. He lost control and attacked one of our handlers. His injuries were minor but patient two-six was destroyed. The break in programming coincided with the flashing lights and loud noises of the fire alarm in the test facility. (Knocking on the door is heard.) One moment! (Knocking repeats.) What is it?

How do we know it’s the time period? The Fernsehturm was completed in October of 1969, and in the view you do have, it looks like it's almost complete but not fully, so it must have been nearing that date.

kinon.jpg

Thanks TacticalInsertion for the pic and quote!

Russian Cosmodrome, Soviet Russia. 1962.

ascensionun.jpgascensiondeets.jpg

Ascension Event. Russian Cosmodrome. 1962.

The Russian facility was being used by the Ascension group to create the Gersch Device, research a way of getting to the Moon, and to study Element 115. Samantha Maxis evetually got attracted to all the 115 radiation, and began to take over one of the scientist's mind, Yuri Kravcheski. Samantha brainwashes Yuri to kill Dr. Gersch, and takes over the facility shortly afterwards. The crew arrives after the outbreak has already occured via a Lunar Lander. Red phones around the facilty are ringing, and on the other line the "Five" outbreak is occuring simultaneously. Richtofen eventually finds the Gersch Device and uses it to teleport the gang to a small room in Siberia. (Call of the Dead)

***(4a) ***(4b)

Radio 1

Gersch: I give you my sincere gratitude for that... but, down to business, I am pleased to report all projects are running smoothly again after these recent personal changes. As I had previously mentioned, Yuri Kravcheski is a brilliant scientist, but he has been so far incapable of handling "Project Mercury" - or as you call it, "the Gersch Device", and so due to numerous setbacks and delays I am forced to transfer Yuri to AK64-A experiments. I have decided that your nephew should take his place. I look forward to working with him directly. The recent incident with the Kassimir Mechanism leaves no doubt in my mind that this is the right decision. The explosion caused the Mechanism significant damage, it will take time to re-manufacture all of the parts, unless some of them can be salvaged.

Radio 2

Yuri: Rockets! He transfers me to work on rockets! These experiments require no finesse, no imagination! My intellect is ill served blasting a bunch of monkeys into the atmosphere! But I can’t fight Gersch on this. I was able to hold onto my keys, (STATIC) as well as my research. No one else really understands what "Project Mercury" is capable of. Until then, this lab will have to do. Wait, is that a matryoshka doll? Did someone let a child in-?

Radio 3

Yuri: I found a box today. Some lebanke left his teddy bear in it, a disgusting and filthy toy! Who keeps bringing their child onto this base? Thank God they did not take the diary: the things I have learned about the Element 115. I'll have to conduct this research on my own, away from the destructive hands of Gersch! His research into Project Mercury has stalled, but will HE be transferred? I doubt it! As long as Project Mercury remains on track, his friends at (STATIC). I must think small.

Radio 4

Gersch: I can assure you that our craft will be far superior to whatever the Americans... or should I say, Canadians are developing. Finally, Project Thunder is nearing completion. My staff has assured me that the remaining limitations of the effective range and power cells will be solved within the next few months. Oh, and also, you should know that Dr. Kravcheski does not appear to be adjusting to his new position. He has been hostile towards the other scientists, at least, more than usual, and has frequently been seen muttering to himself. The transition must have been hard for him, but if he does not learn his place soon... I may require another, more competent scientist to replace him.

Radio 5

Yuri: They're entering my head! Always my head! I can't thnk, I can't, OOF, I can't stop it! Keep it out! I want you to LEAVE ME ALONE!!! Calm down there! Calm down! No, no I won't! ShutTheShutTheF*ckUp! J-Just stop! Fine... Okay, okay, I will.

Radio 6

Gersch: This had better be good Yuri, the fact that you're in this lab again is reason enough to have you permanently removed! If you've done anything thsat will ruin it-

Yuri: Do not worry, you will not be disappointed. In fact, I'm sure you won't forget it! But I can't take all the credit. If you will do me the honors?

*Gersch activates Gersch Device.*

Samantha: Having Fun?!

Gersch: What the-?! No! No! Yuri, you! *screams as sucked into Gersch Device*

Yuri: *Triumphant laugh* You fat pig! Enjoy your bed! Heheheh, heh... Oh no. No! Nononono! Nonononono! What have I done?! What have I do-?!

An Empty Lighthouse Building, Siberia. March, sometime within 2010-2011.

callofthedeadscreenshot.jpg

Call of the Dead Event. Siberia. March, sometime within 2010-2011.

The crew arrives at their destination in Siberia, but end up going too far into the future, and end up getting stuck in a small room when they arrive. Outside the room, they can here footsteps and talking. A George Romero film is being filmed outside, and the actors decide to help the gang get out of the room. Richtofen asks the actors to find an item for him, the Golden Rod. They eventually find the Golden Rod, give it to Richtofen, and fix the Teleporter inside the room. The gang is then immediately teleported to Shangri La

***(5)

[youtube:103e8rya]feHymVZ8Lb4[/youtube:103e8rya]

Shangri La. Unknown Location, Jungle. Unknown Time following .

shangrila1.png

Shangri La Event. Unknown Location and Time.

Richtofen and the crew teleport to Shangri La in order for Richtofen to secure the Focusing Stone, the last piece needed for Richtofen's grand scheme. He intends to use this, in conjunction with the Golden Rod and Artifact, to operate the Vril Pyramid at Griffin station and take Sam's place inside. His final plan is to control all the zombies. When they arrive at Shangri La, the outbreak has already occured. Richtofen secures the Focusing Stone, and uses it to send the crew back ahead in time to Area 51/Griffin Station.

Area 51, Nevada USA/Griffin Station, Moon. Unknown date. Presumably modern time.

moonzombiesstation.jpg

Area 51, Nevada USA/Griffin Station, Moon. Unknown date. Presumably modern time.

Richtofen and the crew are immediately teleported from Shangri La to Area 51 (via the focusing stone) right in the middle of an outbreak. Sirens begin to go off and the zombies begin to rush the gang. They take the teleporter to Griffin Station where Richtofen will complete his grand scheme. The gang finds the Artifact Richtofen was looking for, and fill the first tank up with zombie souls. Richtofen inserts the Golden Rod/Focusing Stone into the computer and attempts to power it with Vril. During the process, Dr. Maxis comes across an intercom and attempts to foil Dr. Richtofen's plans. Richtofen overrides the systems and powers the Vril Generator (Golden Rod/Focusing Stone). He brings it back to the Vril Pyramid and now fills four tanks with souls. Afterwards, he inserts the Vril Generator and Samantha and Richtofen switch places. Samantha is now in Richtofen's body and Richtofen is now in Aether, controlling the zombies. After the switch, a message from Dr. Maxis plays on the intercom. Maxis states that if the crew frees him, he can minimize the damage Richtofen will cause. They help Dr. Maxis launch three rockets from Griffin Station, which targets and destroys Earth, potentially killing all of Richtofen's zombie slaves.

*Powering up the 4 tubes*

Richtofen: "Good, now quickly power up the machine!"

All tubes are filled

Richtofen: "Quick everyone get here, finally we can confront that little brat."

*The M.P.D opens*

Richtofen: "Hello Samantha, you little brat. Your time is coming, soon. (Laughs) SO SOON!."

*Richtofen at the computer*

Richtofen: "Yes! This is all going according to plan!"

Richtofen starts typing on keyboard

Computer: "ACCESS GRANTED. GREETINGS EDWARD. WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME?"

Richtofen: "What is it that brought this obsession with American women? All they do is play games! No matter… Time to charge up the Kassimir Mechanism... carry the one..." (Continues typing on key board)

Computer screens turns green

Computer: "ACCESS GRANTED. SWITCHING RELAY TO SECTOR 1-1-5 --"

Screen turns red

Dr. Maxis: (interrupts) "ACCESS DENIED... Richtofen..."

Richtofen: "What is happening? Scanning for haxors (hackers)." (Continues typing.)

Dr. Maxis: "You fool! I should never have trusted you!"

Richtofen: "Maxis… How on earth did you get into the machine!? No matter." (Continues typing)

Dr. Maxis: "I know what you are up to and I will not allow you to succeed!"

Richtofen: "You should never have kept the DG-2 from production, you should have never have tried to steal the plans for the MDT!"

Dr. Maxis: "Stop the madness Edward; we were supposed to help the human condition, not destroy it."

Richtofen: "Indeed, and now you are dead (said in mocking tone). And your little girl is going to be next... ahh... She is the source of madness! Ahh... Not I."

Dr. Maxis: "She is just a little girl Edward! She doesn't even know what she is doing!"

Richtofen: "And, delete. Goodbye, Dr. Maxis."

Screens turns green again

Computer: "SECURITY OVERRIDE ACTIVE."

Richtofen grabs the charged Vril Generator.

Richtofen: "It's Mine! Finally It's Mine!"

*Blowing Up the Earth*

Maxis: "I have finished the calculations. Launch protocol initiated. Launch in 5...4...3...2...1..."

3 missiles are launched from the Moon.

Maxis: "30 seconds to impact."

(30 seconds later the missiles hit Earth) Maxis begins to laugh.

Dempsey: (while Maxis laughs) "Holy hell, I hope we didn't screw that up."

Dempsey: "Oh... That's It? Seriously? All that work and all we did is blow up the Earth? What the fuck...?"

Takeo: "I promise to destroy every last remnant of Group 935! I will destroy them all!"

Samantha: "But I want my body back! And I will destroy that evil Richtofen for taking daddy away!"

mooneastereggreward.jpg

Complications, Contradictions, and the Unknown.

***(2)

Exactly how Takeo and Nikolai were captured and given to Richtofen is still unknown. We do know that the Ray Gun designs were originally seized from the Rising Sun Facility in Shi No Numa, Japan (via Data Servant File). Perhaps Takeo was there when Group 935 took over the facilty and seized the plans, and they took Takeo prisoner for Richtofen. Another similar event may have happened with Nikolai. We know that the Thundergun was originally designed by the Russians, but produced by Dr. Maxis. Maxis may have taken Nikolai prisoner when they got the plans for Thundergun.

***TOP SECRET*** ***LEVEL 1 CLEARANCE ONLY*** ***DER RIESE *SERVANT* SAMPLE A00359***

What follows is the chronological primary sample from the Der Riese project “Datenbediensteter” (translated: DATA SERVANT). Sample was acquired from CIA asset based out of Vozrozhdeniya in the Soviet Union and is translated from its original German Below:

***SERVANT ENTRY A00359***

“Ray Gun summary: “Prototype developed by “Doctor Ludvig Maxis, “origin Der Riese facility “Based on designs seized from “Rising Sun facility at SNN. “Powered by Element 115 “Ray Gun works on microwave technology “And discharges a burst of green “Plasma energy between 220 and 230V. “Second generation currently under “Development by H. Porter “To reduce excessive peripheral “Damage.

***END FILE***

[***(4a)

Why is Richtofen wearing a space suit on this one map? He may have found it among the crash site of the Lunar Lander at Shangri La, and decided to put it on in order to infiltrate the Ascension facilty when they got there. But when they get there, the facility is already overrun. I know that's pretty off the wall but it's all I can come up with. This one totally puzzles me.

Also, I'll explain my reasoning for when Ascension is the time it is. The red phones during the Ascension event that are ringing are the political characters from the map "Five". You can hear them saying the same quotes from that map. During the opening cutscene for "Five", JFK, Macnamara, and Castro are discussing how the Cuban Missle Crisis just ended ("We nearly blew ourselves up" or something along those lines.) The Cuban Missle Crisis confrontation ended on October 28, 1962.

So there ya go. Get your Bowie Knives sharpened, cause I'm sure you guys are going to tear this thread apart :lol:

Guest KrazyCookies

Great post! :D I just skimmed it since I'm short on time so I'll have to read all of it tomorrow. This is a great thread for those who aren't to informed or know that much of the story, or anyone who needs to catch up.

Oh and [brains] and cookies

Guest Rissole25

Great post, but this confused me.

Richtofen and the crew teleport to Shangri La in order for Richtofen to secure the Focusing Stone and to start his master plan. He intends to use this, in conjunction with the Golden Rod and Artifact, to operate the Vril Pyramid at Griffin station and take Sam's place inside. His final plan is to control all the zombies. When they arrive at Shangri La, the outbreak has already occured. Richtofen secures the Focusing Stone, and they repair the broken Lunar Lander that can be found in the cave system of Shangri La. They use the Lunar Lander to travel to a Russian Cosmodrome under control by the Ascension group. Richtofen's intentions are to steal a Gersch Device prototype and use it to teleport to get the Golden Rod and to teleport to Griffin Station.

There's a Lunar Lander in Shangri-La? And doesn't Shangri-La come after Ascension and Call of the Dead? Richtofen already has the Golden Rod, so he's already been to Call of the Dead and Ascension. Also I believe Takeo says "It's no Lunar Lander, but it will suffice" on the geysers in Shangri-La.

Just trying to figure out whats going on. That's all :)

Guest Shooter

Great post, but this confused me.

Richtofen and the crew teleport to Shangri La in order for Richtofen to secure the Focusing Stone and to start his master plan. He intends to use this, in conjunction with the Golden Rod and Artifact, to operate the Vril Pyramid at Griffin station and take Sam's place inside. His final plan is to control all the zombies. When they arrive at Shangri La, the outbreak has already occured. Richtofen secures the Focusing Stone, and they repair the broken Lunar Lander that can be found in the cave system of Shangri La. They use the Lunar Lander to travel to a Russian Cosmodrome under control by the Ascension group. Richtofen's intentions are to steal a Gersch Device prototype and use it to teleport to get the Golden Rod and to teleport to Griffin Station.

There's a Lunar Lander in Shangri-La? And doesn't Shangri-La come after Ascension and Call of the Dead? Richtofen already has the Golden Rod, so he's already been to Call of the Dead and Ascension. Also I believe Takeo says "It's no Lunar Lander, but it will suffice" on the geysers in Shangri-La.

Just trying to figure out whats going on. That's all :)

**Head Explodes** Dammit! I can't believe I didn't remember the fact that Richtofen already has the Golden Rod at Shangri La. I focused so much on all the miniscule details that I forgot that one big one. So Shangri La HAS to come after CotD due to that. Looks like it's back to the drawing board once again. :(

I'm just really having trouble linking the intro of Ascension to anything. How the heck did they get on the Lunar Lander? I suppose they could have teleported to Ascension, but spawned on a lander when they arrived? (or spawned outside the map and took the lander in to start the map?) I don't know, I'm just brainstorming. The only thing I can link the Lunar Lander with was the destroyed Lunar Lander in Shangri La (it's one of the debris piles blocking the power room in Shangri-La.

So what do you think of this?

The gang teleports to Ascension from Kino. They do this by overloading the teleporter in Kino with the Thundergun. Richtofen wishes to travel to Ascension to steal the Gersch Device, which he'll use to time travel to CotD and Shangri-La to get the Golden Rod and Focusing Stone. After fighting off the undead horde at Ascension, Richtofen sets the Gersch and they travel to CotD (to get the rod) then SL (focusing stone) then Moon.

Or maybe they went from Ascension to Shangri La to CotD? We never play as Richtofen during CotD, so maybe he has the Focusing Stone already and we just don't know it. This may also explain the Lunar Lander at Shangri La. Maybe we took that from Ascension to Shangri La and the crew crashed it when they got there. But even that is questionable as it would make more sense for them to just use a Gersch Device to get there.

What do you guys think? My head hurts from all this thinking.

BTW to Rissole, thank you very much for posting the constructive criticism! This is the exact type of feedback I was looking for. I'd like to keep this discussion going like this. Thanks again Rissole! Fresh juicy brains are rewarded for such feedback.

Guest Shooter

whoa this is too much for me to read therefore i gives you da [brains] !

Hmm, well don't get me wrong, brains are always appreciated. But I put alot of time and work (mostly time brainstorming it all) and would definately appreciate if you could at least try to read through it. I know it seems overwhelming, but it's not long as you might think (pics took up alot of space), and it's pretty easy to follow along.

I wrote this whole thread up so people can read and discuss it and give me feedback on it, not for the brains. Thanks though :)

Guest MixMasterNut

Amazing work here! I've been hoping someone would do this. Brains to you....

One tiny discrepancy though...

Edward Richtofen: "Entry 42. Date: January 4th, 1940. Dr. Schuster and I, despite mounting pressure from Dr. Maxis, have continued working on the matter transference prototype. We have made great strides in the last thirty days and are ready for our first human subject. If our calculations are correct, we will send a test subject to the receptacle station sitting thirty yards away and behind a cinder-block wall."

Dr. Schuster: "Are you certain you want to do this, Dr. Richtofen?"

Edward Richtofen: "Nein, Dr. Schuster, this must be done. Quickly, put in your earplugs and power up the machine."

(Teleporting noise is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Is there a power outage? Why is it so dark? I feel almost... weightless. How very unexpected. Dr. Schuster? Hello?"

(Clicking can be heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Ah, I can see now. Oh my god. I am standing in a circular cave, surrounded by some kind of machine like, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. It looks almost alien in nature. There's a pyramid structure at the center of the room. I'm going to try and carefully touch it."

(Shock is heard as Richtofen touches it)

Edward Richtofen: "Ahhh. Static electricity. It's sharp to the touch. Very cold. Not a speck of dust."

(Richtofen bangs on it)

Edward Richtofen: "Hmm, might be hollow. The chamber's quite large. I see what looks like capacitors at the ceiling of the chamber. There are no obvious connections to anything electrical. What is this place? Dr. Schuster, is that you? Dr. Schuster! Look at this. It appears to be covered in some kind of hieroglyphic language. I've not seen anything like it before. Why are you whispering to me? There's no need for that."

(Odd noise is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Was it lost? Do you hear that? It sounds like..."

(Loud static and noise is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "My god, what happened? I seem to be in some kind of jungle. I can't be certain of where I am."

(Jungle noises are heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Oh no!"

Instead of "Was it lost?", I think Richtofen is actually saying,

"Was ist das?" Which is German for "What is this?"

Guest Shooter

Hmm, I've gotta say I'm somewhat dissappointed with the lack of responses on this. Can I get nobody's feedback on the story/timeline? When I frist signed up here on CoDz, there would have been 10 different people tearing this thread apart with any holes or contradictions, which is actually what I'm looking for.

Has CoDz really gotten this slow? Has it come to this? Where are all the great theorizers at? I demand you guys to come out from hiding! It's like you guys are all downed, and I've got Quick Revive, but no one wants to be saved! Ok.....maybe it's not quite like that, but still.

Guest Ehjookayted

Hmm, I've gotta say I'm somewhat dissappointed with the lack of responses on this. Can I get nobody's feedback on the story/timeline? When I frist signed up here on CoDz, there would have been 10 different people tearing this thread apart with any holes or contradictions, which is actually what I'm looking for.

Has CoDz really gotten this slow? Has it come to this? Where are all the great theorizers at? I demand you guys to come out from hiding! It's like you guys are all downed, and I've got Quick Revive, but no one wants to be saved! Ok.....maybe it's not quite like that, but still.

Man, I wish I could tear this apart for you, but sadly I theorize through symbolic lenses as well as analyze gameplay thoroughly. I want to get into the meat of the story, but I have yet to find the time to do so.

I really appreciate this thread, but I feel as though that the theorizers will overlook General Zombies Discussion and instead look to the Research Facility or Asylum. I find this thread fascinating and it's obvious you put so much work into this, so I see no reason for this not to get into Asylum.

Like I stated in the Call to Arms, we lost a lot of people, many of them big on theories. Don't worry though, Tactical Insertion should see this soon. The dwellers will as well, and our other major theory dude, Monopoly Mac.

I gave you brains clearly. Awesome work! :D

Guest KrazyCookies

Like I said earlier this morning (or last night, lol I can't remember) I was going to read the whole thing, I just didn't have enough time so I skimmed it. I'll get back to you with feedback in a few. (No guarantees on the feedback ;) )

100% true!

Man, I wish I could tear this apart for you, but sadly I theorize through symbolic lenses as well as analyze gameplay thoroughly. I want to get into the meat of the story, but I have yet to find the time to do so.

I really appreciate this thread, but I feel as though that the theorizers will overlook General Zombies Discussion and instead look to the Research Facility or Asylum. I find this thread fascinating and it's obvious you put so much work into this, so I see no reason for this not to get into Asylum.

Like I stated in the Call to Arms, we lost a lot of people, many of them big on theories. Don't worry though, Tactical Insertion should see this soon. The dwellers will as well, and our other major theory dude, Monopoly Mac.

I gave you brains clearly. Awesome work! :D

:twisted: So OstonedshooterO... Do you mind if I totally try and rape your post? In a good way, I want to try and clarify some things and talk with ya. I have a lot to say so post back here when ready for a long chat!

Guest Shooter

:twisted: So OstonedshooterO... Do you mind if I totally try and rape your post? In a good way, I want to try and clarify some things and talk with ya. I have a lot to say so post back here when ready for a long chat!

Absolutely! It's what I've been waiting for my friend.

Okay first thing is first. I believe Verruckt to take place before NDU considering it is the first outbreak. I appreciate the brains on my return thread, so I was wondering based on everything I wrote about Peter, does it make sense that Verruckt was before NDU?

Guest KrazyCookies

Okay first thing is first. I believe Verruckt to take place before NDU considering it is the first outbreak. I appreciate the brains on my return thread, so I was wondering based on everything I wrote about Peter, does it make sense that Verruckt was before NDU?

Treyarch themselves said NDU was the 2nd outbreak.

Edit: Here it is... http://www.treyarch.com/blog/318

And to OstonedshooterO: You might want to add this to the NDU part,

"Ever since the second outbreak at Nacht der Untoten, troops have been noticing strange radio transmissions and broadcasts taking place in the dead of the night. Back at HQ, we are hoping these rumors can help you soldiers come closer to unraveling the truth. "

Guest Shooter

Well I have Verruckt placed before NDU on the timeline, it just might be a little unclear. I didn't want to put an exact date on it because it's never been confirmed, so I just put Late September for the NDU date. I think I'm gonna go back and edit that thoughso the date says "sometime following the NDU" outbreak just so it's clearer. Treyarch themselves stated that NDU was the second outbreak right? I couldn't agree more about Verruckt then NDU.

I actually LOVE what you did with explaining Peter, and how after he learned that Dempsey was captured as a spy, he fled to Shi No, where Richtofen was waiting to set the trap and frame it up like it was a bad parachute landing. :mrgreen:

I also love you're theory about the Shi No Numa and Der Riese events and how they went down. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than what I could come up with. I just couldn't pinpoint a reason for going to SNN. It crossed my mind that they just rushed out of Der Riese after an outbreak and went to SNN for refuge. It makes alot of sense hearing someone else explain it as well. :)

Perhaps I can edit the timeline with some of your ideas mixed in with mine as well? Sort of a joint venture between us as you might say? I think we could make one hell of a timeline/storyline is we picked each others brains for a bit about the whole thing.

Haha thanks man, I appreciate the support. I agree, me and you need to make a thread. Deal? Ok well on SNN, our characters are sent there to kill/extract Richtofen. We know that because on the SNN trailer, they talk about getting on gear to get stuff. I think they went there to kill Richtofen but the Zombies swardmed them and they realized that they couldn't survive w/o team work.

Guest KrazyCookies

Haha thanks man, I appreciate the support. I agree, me and you need to make a thread. Deal? Ok well on SNN, our characters are sent there to kill/extract Richtofen. We know that because on the SNN trailer, they talk about getting on gear to get stuff. I think they went there to kill Richtofen but the Zombies swardmed them and they realized that they couldn't survive w/o team work.

Actually from the CotD Radios you can here Richthofen talking about the "subjects" like the Russian (Nikolai) and the one from Vurruckt/American (Dempsey). So what I believe is Richthofen has taken his subjects with him to SNN and on to work on and look for items for his master plan at Moon. You can tell this by the Doctor's Quarters in SNN and the book that makes a laugh. And Der Riese is pretty obvious...

Edit: Also OstonedshooterO, You might want to add the radios to CotD.

[youtube:2rk1amz6]vCCmGg-lUqY[/youtube:2rk1amz6]

Actually from the CotD Radios you can here Richthofen talking about the "subjects" like the Russian (Nikolai) and the one from Vurruckt/American (Dempsey). So what I believe is Richthofen has taken his subjects with him to SNN and on to work on and look for items for his master plan at Moon. You can tell this by the Doctor's Quarters in SNN and the book that makes a laugh. And Der Riese is pretty obvious...

Haha I have the transcripts in my thread in my sig dude!! But the trailer talks about getting something over quickly and needing gear to do that thing. But either way, when they arrived they were not with Richtofen. Maybe he programmed their minds to meet them there?

[youtube:1glhyt3e]vCCmGg-lUqY[/youtube:1glhyt3e]

Guest Shooter

Wait, so you're saying that's why our 4 characters are playing together on SNN? I'm a little lost. :oops: Richtofen had already been doing testing on the crew before the SNN event, so wouldn't they just listen to whatever Richtofen wants like he was training them to do? I know he does say though that they weren't responding that well to the treatment.

Wait, so you're saying that's why our 4 characters are playing together on SNN? I'm a little lost. :oops: Richtofen had already been doing testing on the crew before the SNN event, so wouldn't they just listen to whatever Richtofen wants like he was training them to do? I know he does say though that they weren't responding that well to the treatment.

Well for some reason they are separated between the experimentation at DR and the fighting in SNN. Who knows why, but they are sent to SNN to do something. I think they are pissed at Richtofen for testing on them.

Guest Shooter

Haha I have the transcripts in my thread in my sig dude!! But the trailer talks about getting something over quickly and needing gear to do that thing. But either way, when they arrived they were not with Richtofen. Maybe he programmed their minds to meet them there?

[youtube:2eksx80u]vCCmGg-lUqY[/youtube:2eksx80u]

Yeah, that seems very plausible. Either he programmed them to meet them there or maybe Group 935 sent them there on some sort of prisoner train while Richtofen went ahead?

Haha now that I think about it, with this crazy ass Treyarch storyline, brainwashing them sounds more plausible than "they got there by train." :lol:

Guest KrazyCookies

Ahh didn't see your sig there :oops:

I still think they went as a group, but there's really no evidence if they traveled as a group or meet Richthofen there. And them saying "Were here" and "Shut up Nikolai and get your gear" isn't to clear either.

Guest Shooter

Well for some reason they are separated between the experimentation at DR and the fighting in SNN. Who knows why, but they are sent to SNN to do something. I think they are pissed at Richtofen for testing on them.

Programming them to be sent there seems more plausible. They don't have any memory of what Richtofen was doing , so I don't think they'd be pissed off at him. It isn't til like Ascension where Takeo starts to get his memory back.

Good god I'm glad you're back Tac! Finally someone to discuss storyline with. I thought storyline theories had gone extinct for a moment there.