Der Riese "Finds" - Patterns and a Pictureboard

Guest HeadHunter

Guest HeadHunter

Hey guys, recently playing Der Riese on World at War, I noticed something around the map, it came up many times, an odd pattern that resembles the one carbon found in his first theory post, that was in a corner on Verruckt. Here are some pictures -

[center:kmclbjgt]262839_10150277506212230_540847229_7680269_6445961_n.jpg

267271_10150277505867230_540847229_7680259_4670130_n.jpg[/center:kmclbjgt]

Another thing I found, looking at the animal testing lab board, where the pictures and calenders are on a board, I found a picture of what looked to be a hog mixed with a crawler zombie. Now I did some research, and found that on the cart in Shangri-La, where the dead bodies wrapped in body bags or blankets are, there are hogs on this cart also. Maybe they were trying to make hog zombies? Here is a picture -

[center:kmclbjgt]263328_10150277505672230_540847229_7680254_7183374_n.jpg[/center:kmclbjgt]

If any of this has been discovered by I have, then I'm sorry, but I thought it was interesting.

Please post any theories or discuss anything about this down below.

PS : I apologise about the terrible quality, they were taken with a BlackBerry :lol:

Thanks! -HH

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheCrows

I believe you have just copied my thread that I made a few days ago................

Link is in my Sig, PM me about this and we will reach an Agreement.

Regards, TheCrows

Guest HeadHunter

I believe you have just copied my thread that I made a few days ago................

Regards, TheCrows

Nothing that I have said, is in your thread...

Guest TheCrows

Regards, TheCrows

Yes, but I forgot to add after "thread" the word title, not trying to rain on your parade but I have a tendency to ask seeing as some other user did actually steal one of my threads....

Sorry to bother you.

Regards, TheCrows

Guest HeadHunter

Regards, TheCrows

Yes, but I forgot to add after "thread" the word title, not trying to rain on your parade but I have a tendency to ask seeing as some other user did actually steal one of my threads....

Sorry to bother you.

Regards, TheCrows

It's cool, I've changed it to "Finds" if thats what was bothering you.

Guest HeadHunter

the patterns are the concrete wall textures just repeating

okay, it just looked similar to the patterns on pack-a-punched guns, and in the corner of Verruckt

Guest WhosOnFirst

If these were textures created by a random formation process maybe, however they were created by a human, with intent, pixels dont just land in random places.

W@W has a huge amount of these "random" shapes and such usually created on a texture seem, they can be found in campaing levels, not just zombies, perhaps more than coincedance?

Why is it that those pinboards are not clearly defined? I doubt it was an issue with memory or rendering.

Guest cjdog23

If these were textures created by a random formation process maybe, however they were created by a human, with intent, pixels dont just land in random places.

W@W has a huge amount of these "random" shapes and such usually created on a texture seem, they can be found in campaing levels, not just zombies, perhaps more than coincedance?

Why is it that those pinboards are not clearly defined? I doubt it was an issue with memory or rendering.

Actually yes, WaW's largest textures are only 1024x1024. The concrete textures are only 512x512. Now, thats a lot smaller than a wall, so... like in all 3D programs, the texture repeats itself. That is a crease between them. It's a fairly common thing if you look close enough on every 3D video game with these types of textures, not just cod.

Guest WhosOnFirst

Actually yes, WaW's largest textures are only 1024x1024. The concrete textures are only 512x512. Now, thats a lot smaller than a wall, so... like in all 3D programs, the texture repeats itself. That is a crease between them. It's a fairly common thing if you look close enough on every 3D video game with these types of textures, not just cod.

I have played a few video games in my time, and I have not noticed a prevalence of these "shapes" appearing on texture seams. However Treyarchs game is littered with them. They even appear on texture seems where there is no plausible exuse for them to appear other than through intent on the artists behalf. Places like doors or underneath tanks, places where there is no need for anything to be painted other than a flat colour or a repeating texture pattern which should not give rise to these "shapes".

Just to raise a previous question,

Why is it those pinboards are not clear representations? They could have easily drawn hi def and compressed down but they did not, maybe by design.

Guest HeadHunter

Why is it those pinboards are not clear representations? They could have easily drawn hi def and compressed down but they did not, maybe by design.

Maybe it was there idea of trying to show the time through the quality of the pictures? After all, it was 1940.

Guest cjdog23

The could have, as detailed in the field manual. and compared to other boards of the same size in the game, they are of fairly good quality. Trey probably only made them in as good of quality as was needed to get all the information from them that they wanted us to get. Aside from fine text, what cant we make out on the boards?