Further into Richtofen's Plan

Guest NeenjaRaptor

Guest NeenjaRaptor

Though this may be my first post I do, in fact, have a good understanding of the zombies storyline. However, the point of this topic is to maybe set the scene for the next zombie map, or perhaps the ongoing storyline.

The first thing that I noticed when playing zombies on Black Ops was in Kino der Toten. As you may already know, there is a blank portrait in one of the rooms accompanying the four protagonists. Why then would there be an extra portrait if a fifth playable character has not been announced. Perhaps this character may not be playable but I have an idea as to where this may lead us:

Take a look at the poster for First Strike.

1300836610-26.jpg

Who is the charcter on the far left? I wouldn't say it's Richtofen because;

1. The person is too muscular and large to be Richtofen

2. He is completely bald, Richtofen appears to have hair, as shown in his Bio image.

3. He is holding the Thundergun, surely if Richtofen were in the picture he would be holding the Wunderwaffe DG2, being that it is of his own creation.

Why then is Richtofen not in the picture?

After pondering on this I found an answer after watching the final part of the Shangri-La easter egg. After Richtofen acquires the Focusing stone, which obviously appears to be a piece of his plan he makes loud exclamantions about his plan coming together, but what is interesting to note is the fact that when another player holding the stone is downed, Richtofen apparently 'attemps' to take it from them. Not literally attempt, but the quote would suggest that is his intent. It is understandable that perhaps only he knows what to do with it but this disregard for his comrades would perhaps further resentment that they hold against him.

So what has been learned so far?

Well, Richtofen has a shrouded, secret intent with this focusing stone to control something (be it living, undead or inanimate). Maybe this intent no longer requires his three companions, maybe they are needed for one last step but, since their minds have been tampered with, they are unable to decline involvement. Perhaps his mind control tests from the Call of The Dead were successful.

So what still remains?

Though Richtofen's plans are still obscure and not all clear yet it can't be easy to hazard a guess as to what they are or what the next installment will involve, however, the question still remains; Who is the man on the left of the first strike Poster?

All that can be said for now is that Richtofen's use for Tank, Takeo and Nikolai may be coming to an end, but who knows whether the final result is for better or for worse?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest undead illuminati

Though this may be my first post I do, in fact, have a good understanding of the zombies storyline. However, the point of this topic is to maybe set the scene for the next zombie map, or perhaps the ongoing storyline.

The first thing that I noticed when playing zombies on Black Ops was in Kino der Toten. As you may already know, there is a blank portrait in one of the rooms accompanying the four protagonists. Why then would there be an extra portrait if a fifth playable character has not been announced. Perhaps this character may not be playable but I have an idea as to where this may lead us:

Take a look at the poster for First Strike.

1300836610-26.jpg

Who is the charcter on the far left?

I noticed this last night also, at first i thought it WAS Richtofen, the clothes would suggest such, with the gloves and the way it's being worn. but as you mentioned, he is much too muscular. in another thread we were playing with a theory on how it will all end, this involved Richtofen Encountering Dr. Maxis and turning against the other 3 hero's, possibly becoming a boss. (zombified of course, read about it here: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=13330) this other character could be Dr. Maxis. would explain the similar clothing (i think)

needs more opinions.

Guest Monopoly Mac

Well to me the poster is an extreme exaggeration of everything. Takeo looks extremely old... Nikolai has a mustache... Tank looks very young... and the drawing might even be foreshadowing what Richtofen will looks like. To me it seems Richtofen is losing hair slowly... The operation of Die Glocke resulted in an extreme amount of radiation which can cause many things including hair loss... All of these maps have 115 and Richtofen isn't immune to it so thats why he is losing hair and going insane... Thats my guess if you wanna say its another character go ahead.

Guest NeenjaRaptor

Well to me the poster is an extreme exaggeration of everything. Takeo looks extremely old... Nikolai has a mustache... Tank looks very young... and the drawing might even be foreshadowing what Richtofen will looks like. To me it seems Richtofen is losing hair slowly... The operation of Die Glocke resulted in an extreme amount of radiation which can cause many things including hair loss... All of these maps have 115 and Richtofen isn't immune to it so thats why he is losing hair and going insane... Thats my guess if you wanna say its another character go ahead.

I can agree with this. However, the Die Glocke experiments at the facility of Der Riese were reported to use a mercury-like substance and a 'Xerum 525', the results of these experiments showed, as you mentioned, hair loss but also decay of living material. Perhaps the radioactive strength of element 115 and the actual fuels of the real Die Glocke experiments differ. Though Richtofen's hair loss does become more gradual, for him to be that bald and have a drastic improvement in muscle size would have to take a rather long period of time. If then the poster is looking into a distant future, why then give that sort of a spoiler if it is a new character or why look that far ahead on a promotion for the first map pack?

Guest undead illuminati

I can agree with this. However, the Die Glocke experiments at the facility of Der Riese were reported to use a mercury-like substance and a 'Xerum 525', the results of these experiments showed, as you mentioned, hair loss but also decay of living material. Perhaps the radioactive strength of element 115 and the actual fuels of the real Die Glocke experiments differ. Though Richtofen's hair loss does become more gradual, for him to be that bald and have a drastic improvement in muscle size would have to take a rather long period of time. If then the poster is looking into a distant future, why then give that sort of a spoiler if it is a new character or why look that far ahead on a promotion for the first map pack?

considering the poster is for first strike, the characters should be at their 'Ascension' Stages, if you take into account that Richtofen is still his same ol skinny balding self in ascension, then its either a different character OR, the artist drew him a bit chunky....and bald.....then again, Tank has a wunderwaffe DG-2, a weapon that has not been used in Black Ops maps at all (Except of course, the remade maps)

*weren't there unused sound files for the Wafflemaker in ascention though? or was that kino im thinking of?*

anyhoo, i still do not believe that is Richtofen, Until we have proof that it IS Dr.Ed (you can't say "It must be him, he's who else would it be?" this debate wouldnt exist if it were that simple) we can only say that we are currently inconclusive as to the identity of the unknown character until proof supporting either theory is produced. however, theories themselves are what i want to hear, since its ascension, it could even be Gersch. you never kjnow until an investigation is done.

Guest Monopoly Mac

The DG-2 was supposed to be in Five and Kino not Ascension.

Using your logic I could say that none of these guys are the characters at all. Takeo isn't that old and never used the Winters Howl so that can't be Takeo right? Nikolai doesn't have a mustache so that can't be Nikolai... Gersch isn't on the actual map he is in another dimension. Sorry but I don't know what investigation your talking about because we have nothing to work with.

Guest undead illuminati

The DG-2 was supposed to be in Five and Kino not Ascension.

Using your logic I could say that none of these guys are the characters at all. Takeo isn't that old and never used the Winters Howl so that can't be Takeo right? Nikolai doesn't have a mustache so that can't be Nikolai... Gersch isn't on the actual map he is in another dimension. Sorry but I don't know what investigation your talking about because we have nothing to work with.

i guess we can just agree on that then :D

Guest NeenjaRaptor

Considering that the poster is looking further into the future, The Winter's Howl may well make a reutrn in Area 51 (If that is where the next map takes place) being that it is American technology and so it could just be something they collected.

Guest Anti Earth

Isn't that how Richtofen looked in Ascension?

(It's obvious it was Richtofen due to his character quotes).

He's probably balding because he's zombifying.

Guest NeenjaRaptor

Though he is wearing a space suit in Ascension, he is completely bald in this image whereas he has a full head of hair again in Shangri-La.

Guest mattbyles

That's 100% Richtofen, people are looking into this a bit too far. It's an artists representation so he's drawn it how he envisions the characters. I'm sure Richtofen's hair is pretty thin anyway so the perspective of the characters and the heavy lighting makes him look bald.

Guest Anti Earth

Though he is wearing a space suit in Ascension, he is completely bald in this image whereas he has a full head of hair again in Shangri-La.

Oh balls.

Soz, yet to play Shangri-La.

(What is with his character in Ascension? :|

Are the maps out of order,

or did some crazy shit happen that we don't get to see?

:| )

Guest Sigint

His build definitely does not suit that of Richtofen's, also i could never imagine that person with Richtofen's voice. Only Richtofen suits that voice. Come to think of it, that supposed Richtofen looks like a 50 year old me

I believe that they just wanted to over dramatize the picture and as for his clothing, I think he found the space suit and put it on over his clothes hoping to go to space.