Peter Wasn't the Captured Spy

Guest Tac

So a lot of speculation went around about who the captured spy in Verruckt was. We know that Peter is a spy, but here is why I believe the spy captured was not Peter:

- According to a Call of the Dead radio on September 10th, Richtofen said that a spy was captured and was in transit to him to replace a specimen he broke. Upon receiving Dempsey on the 17th, Richtofen said that this was the replacement. Later on the 20th, he said he believes that Peter is also a spy.

- Cornelius Pernell sent him a message AFTER the spy was captured and the asylum broke, why would he send the message if it was Peter who had been captured? He wouldn't have. He was Peter's handler, and would have noticed in a heartbeat that he was captured.

- We know that Peter was lured into his death, and if he was captured, he wouldn't technically of been lured.

So now that we are on the same page about who it wasn't we can move on to who it was. I believe that it was Dempsey. That is all.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest this_guy_101

i think the same thing dempsey got taken. peter was hung by dempsey i think as a test from Richtofen to test the lobotomy.

Guest nayrc

So a lot of speculation went around about who the captured spy in Verruckt was. We know that Peter is a spy, but here is why I believe the spy captured was not Peter:

- According to a Call of the Dead radio on September 10th, Richtofen said that a spy was captured and was in transit to him to replace a specimen he broke. Upon receiving Dempsey on the 17th, Richtofen said that this was the replacement. Later on the 20th, he said he believes that Peter is also a spy.

- Cornelius Pernell sent him a message AFTER the spy was captured and the asylum broke, why would he send the message if it was Peter who had been captured? He wouldn't have. He was Peter's handler, and would have noticed in a heartbeat that he was captured.

- We know that Peter was lured into his death, and if he was captured, he wouldn't technically of been lured.

So now that we are on the same page about who it wasn't we can move on to who it was. I believe that it was Dempsey. That is all.

IMO its defiantly Dempsey, i said that way back when the COTD radios where released and still stand by it today

Ok I think I got this one

What if Peter was the spie found in verruckt but when the rescue team arrived he was already gone leaving the germans to think Dempsey was the spy and the other 3 where the rescue team.

Or a slight alteration, when the arrived Peter hadn't left yet but dempsey saw what he had done and how much he knew and decided to let Peter escape and took his place as "the replacement/spy"

Both of these conclusions lead Peter to remain unidentified and Dempsey caught as a "spy"

my take on verruckts events

I like that second part better, although I believe that Dempsey did not willingly claim to be the spy. I think he was just found and thought to be a spy, so Peter got scared and escapes.

Guest Faust

TI, as much as I love you, all your threads are starting to say the same thing, or are starting to ask questions to things that we have already found the answer to.

I understand that you are simply trying to get people to relook things to see if we can work the story from a different angel, but you are begining to confuse more of the newer members than answer questions.

It's no big deal, and I mean this with the best of intentions, but if a question has already been answered on one of you other threads, stop reposting it like the thought just came to you, or rather just post what you have found on you older thread.

Be smart! Use bandwidth wisly! :)

TI, as much as I love you, all your threads are starting to say the same thing, or are starting to ask questions to things that we have already found the answer to.

I understand that you are simply trying to get people to relook things to see if we can work the story from a different angel, but you are begining to confuse more of the newer members than answer questions.

It's no big deal, and I mean this with the best of intentions, but if a question has already been answered on one of you other threads, stop reposting it like the thought just came to you, or rather just post what you have found on you older thread.

Be smart! Use bandwidth wisly! :)

I get what you mean, but not everyone reads every single on of my threads, nor all 7 pages of comments. And I don't feel that this was necessarily confusing anyone, I was just saying that despite what some think, there is factual evidence to show that Peter was most likely not the spy captured. Like you, I mean this with the best of intentions, I do not wish to argue, but this is the one thing that I just don't understand. I suppose the Aether thread might fall into your description, but I feel that I don't post things that are confusing, tbh, they are usually just informational with facts. In most of my recent threads, such as this one and the Steiner one, I don't think I have truly caused any confusion.

Guest Faust

No, no, I get what you're saying. I take back what I said. I hadn't considered the amount of pages of comments people would have to sort through. :shock:

So uh, yeah...

412uUjqlRZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ya it's no problem at all man, were friends it's all good, but ya, I get tons of comments, usually it's just me, zombieofthedead, monopoly mac, and football5699 discussing but ya.

My Der Riese Eclipse has 5 pages

Radio Transcripts has 3

Peter and Cornelius has 3

Time and Location of maps has 7

But ya, you get what I mean. And sometimes I get something that I think is good in my head, and I want a lot of people to know about it, but do you think making a counter-evidence thread about Clarke being the Thief is ok?

Guest Monopoly Mac

A thread about counter evidence would actually be counter productive. How about you make a thread about who you think the Thief is.

A thread about counter evidence would actually be counter productive. How about you make a thread about who you think the Thief is.

Ya that's what I was just thinking, but back on topic. Who do you think the captured spy was?

Guest football5699

Ya it's no problem at all man, were friends it's all good, but ya, I get tons of comments, usually it's just me, zombieofthedead, monopoly mac, and football5699 discussing but ya.

Yea this section is like 1/4 of my total posts but anyway I think that Dempsey was the captured spy.

Guest Monopoly Mac

Tank Dempsey. Richtofen mentions a spy being captured and being delivered to replace the one he broke. The next radio you hear Dempsey and Richtofen says this must be the replacement. Unless Treyarch wants to that much of an ass then Dempsey was the one. In my opinion Tank Dempsey was literally "spying" on Verruckt for the team. I spy with my little eye y'know?

Tank Dempsey. Richtofen mentions a spy being captured and being delivered to replace the one he broke. The next radio you hear Dempsey and Richtofen says this must be the replacement. Unless Treyarch wants to that much of an ass then Dempsey was the one. In my opinion Tank Dempsey was literally "spying" on Verruckt for the team. I spy with my little eye y'know?

Ya agreed. I think he went on a solo mission to scout out (spy) on the area and was caught.