Steiner & NOVA 6; How Soviets Acquired It; Ascension Group

Guest Tac

Ok guys! This post is more of and informational one than theoretical one, but I do put some ideas out there. All this is from intel and factual in-game material. I understand there are a few posts out there regarding Steiner, but I haven't seen any yet about how he was captured, the fall of German NOVA 6, and the rise of the Ascension Group.

Fredric Steiner was the architect of the NOVA 6 program. He worked on the German Wunderwaffe program. Here is what he looked like in 1945:

401pxsteiner2.jpg

In 1945, America's British counterparts in MI-6 inaccurately reported that the original NOVA 6 test site located outside Cottbus on the border of Poland was destroyed under heavy bombing. Reports from the time indicated that the NOVA 6 compound was transported on the Elbe River to the North Sea where it was moved to a freighter for transport to an unknown location. MI-6 reported that the freighter ship was destroyed on direct orders from Winston Churchill and everyone was killed in the resulting explosion.

Steiner and the remnants of the Wunderwaffe scientists disappeared on October 29th, 1945 near the Arctic Circle. Around the same time, the Soviet Operation designated "Olympus" consisted of the 3rd Shock Army Special Operations unit led by General Dragovich. When Dragovich infiltrated their ship, Steiner gave up his own men to save his own sin. We now know that as the minimum, Dragovich, Kravcenko, and Steiner escaped with samples of the gas and headed back to Moscow. From there, the Ascension Group was created.

The Ascension Group was headed by Steiner himself, but organized by Dragovich. Steiner's main purpose was his workings of NOVA 6. This was the Soviet resurrection of the German NOVA6 Program. Sources say that it wasn't until 1959 that Dragovich was able to convince key party members of the necessity for a non-nuclear plan to defeat the United States, should global conflict ignite. Since the end of the war, Steiner has worked exclusively for Dragovich.

In Kino der Toten, Richtofen mentions the NOVA 6 crawlers as a failed experiment of Maxis', and based off of the above evidence, Steiner was a Wunderwaffe member and had possibly worked with Maxis on the NOVA 6 crawlers in the German Theater. If I remember correctly, one of the films shown in Kino has a desk with numbers '115' and '110' on them, and that same desk is in Steiner's office.

This post was just to show everyone how exactly Steiner turned over to the Soviets and the creation of the Soviet NOVA 6 program, as well as how Steiner is indeed included in the Nazi Zombies story.

Does one of the maps' setting seem similar to the area you described under your pic by any chance hehehe 8-)

Oh yes it does, it's all coming together man

Guest football5699

So now.....The British/Allies believed that Der Riese was a NOVA 6 compound.

So did they really have any idea that they were testing for zombies is the real question.

So now.....The British/Allies believed that Der Riese was a NOVA 6 compound.

So did they really have any idea that they were testing for zombies is the real question.

I am inclined to believe no. They knew that the Wunderwaffe program consisted of Time Travel, Spacecraft Propulsion, and Die Clocke, but I don't think they knew that they were making zombies. But maybe the did because Steiner used to be part of Nova 6 with Maxis, and I would assume Maxis would have filled him in, and maybe Steiner wasn't interested

*EDIT* Or because Steiner had been working on NOVA 6 his whole career, Maxis chose not to tell him about the Zombies, and Steiner was working in Kino, pre-zombies.

Guest football5699

I really want to say that Richtofen betrayed Maxis in November, 1945 since December is winter and in Poland I'm sure it snows a lot right?? Then the MI-6 could've bombed in December and that would've been where more dead bodies came from.

The thing I noticed is that in Der Riese, There are barrels that have LIVE fires in them. The question is....who started them?

I really want to say that Richtofen betrayed Maxis in November, 1945 since December is winter and in Poland I'm sure it snows a lot right?? Then the MI-6 could've bombed in December and that would've been where more dead bodies came from.

The thing I noticed is that in Der Riese, There are barrels that have LIVE fires in them. The question is....who started them?

Ya, well let's see. We can figure it all out the date on the mission eh? Not to mention that the date they disappeared that I said in the OP is the date of the mission, OCT 29, 1945. The name of the mission is "Project Nova" and the objective is to "Extract Steiner and destroy the ship containing Nova 6."

So up until the 29th, Steiner was working of launching V2 rockets at the US filled with NOVA 6, then the boat was bombed, and the Russians got to him and took him. He will do anything to save his own ass, therefore he betrayed the Germans and took all his findings to become the leader of the Ascension Group.

So does that leave the betrayal to OCT 2nd - Oct 28th since the MI-6 already bombed the inaccurate compound.

I'm thinking that Steiner had a Kino lab, which is the one near Cottbus. Cottbus is directly in between Der Riese and the heart of Berlin. I think that it is Kino, and when he took his findings on a ship, he learned that Maxis died, and his switch made it even easier. Maybe that ship is CoTD.

IDK considering that the ship sank and there isn't a lighthouse nearby.

Good point, and I posted the usernames in your Der Riese server exploration thread. Hmm, so it ISN'T CoTD... darn.

Guest football5699

Now that I think of it......How do the radios on CotD get on the ship if it takes place in Der Riese.....Unless it is like SNN and he is trying to contact someone. Who?

Now that I think of it......How do the radios on CotD get on the ship if it takes place in Der Riese.....Unless it is like SNN and he is trying to contact someone. Who?

Honestly, I don't think that where the radios are matter, but maybe they do idk. But SNN is scattered with messages from different places. :o What if the Kino radio is Steiner?

I am imagining the voices and they sound similar but I dont think they are exact.

They might not sound exact here since Steiner's voice is in panic, but try to imagine it w/o panic

[youtube:1dcp5rp6]JcMQAJRzsJM[/youtube:1dcp5rp6]

Here's the Kino radios

[youtube:1dcp5rp6]D6V8wu3Ve4c[/youtube:1dcp5rp6]

I can kind of see it.

Guest football5699

It is almost as if the guy in the radio is a German-Russian hybrid (accent wise) but if he was implanted into a German group that would make sense. I hear the resemblence but IMO it is no more clear than if it was Maxis in the radios.

Point taken, although I'm not sure there was a Russian in 935. Also, if there was anytime I want to hack a game, it's now. I need to DER REISE SERVER PASSWORDS!