Der Riese Eclipse | Can It Be Relevant? *UPDATE*

Guest Tac

care to share :D

Ok I know that there are people out there that will not believe me because they are them, but this is true to me.

I will not give away my post from my story so I don't spoil everything, but here is what I present:

- Shi No Numa = SECRETIVE. We know almost nothing about it.

- Now, SNN is located in Japan, as are the testing.

- We know that they did testing in UNIT 731 (duh) and here is a quote from Takeo's bio:

"The war was a perfect opportunity for Takeo to explore his blood-lust and study the nature of those less honorable than himself." You don't say? Studying huh?

- Now my last piece of evidence is this:

To the outside world, testing facilities were known as lumber mill's and referred to their test subjects as "logs". And for obvious reasons, it would contained lots of wood. *cough* Flogger *cough*

So this is my case. It sounds relatively plausible to me that Takeo Masaki was an experimenter in Unit 731.

Very good as usual...Im glad we both came across the 731 thing because we all did not know much about Takeo

Ya kudos to AvengedLullaby, helped me a ton with this on FaceBook. But I think it is safe to say that Takeo is in 731 and the facility was in it's early stages of development.

Guest Monopoly Mac

... Tac, I know your very enthusiastic about your evidence of Unit 731 but if you like the theory so much make a thread on it...

Football, I'm thinking that the crew came to pick up Richtofen for a certain somebody or somebodies... But were sidetracked by the sudden uprising of zombies. Edward was unaware in Shi No Numa, started to get an idea in Der Riese while the crew completely forgot because of the perk a colas.

And I think I might have just found something new... In the Kino Der Toten intro, it starts "*Static* entry 741021!" Guess what the static is? "Log". You know how the cotd radios start? Log Entry 1471. The last log entry was 1475. From 1475 to 741021 is a pretty big jump so I think we can have an even more better estimate of how long the players stay on the map.

... Tac, I know your very enthusiastic about your evidence of Unit 731 but if you like the theory so much make a thread on it...

Football, I'm thinking that the crew came to pick up Richtofen for a certain somebody or somebodies... But were sidetracked by the sudden uprising of zombies. Edward was unaware in Shi No Numa, started to get an idea in Der Riese while the crew completely forgot because of the perk a colas.

And I think I might have just found something new... In the Kino Der Toten intro, it starts "*Static* entry 741021!" Guess what the static is? "Log". You know how the cotd radios start? Log Entry 1471. The last log entry was 1475. From 1475 to 741021 is a pretty big jump so I think we can have an even more better estimate of how long the players stay on the map.

I don't want to make a complete thread yet because I am still gathering evidence, but I plan to put it in my story I will release a week after S-L or so. Now I want to apologize, but I had to reply to Anti's thread. You'll see what I said when it's approved, but as for the characters, I want to know, WHY would they go back to save Richtofen, that doesn't make sense. To our knowledge, they hadn't ever had perks yet. And I love the entry theory.

Guest Monopoly Mac

Well they obviously can't remember anything about him in Shi No Numa. There is no quote at all in that map about Richtofen torturing them or something like that so Imma guess they can't remember him. No matter what there has to be a gap between when Richtofen killed Maxis and Shi No Numa. The crew isn't going to walk to Shi No Numa with loaded guns and not shoot Richtofen. Unless they can't remember him but if they can't remember why would they go with him?

Well they obviously can't remember anything about him in Shi No Numa. There is no quote at all in that map about Richtofen torturing them or something like that so Imma guess they can't remember him. No matter what there has to be a gap between when Richtofen killed Maxis and Shi No Numa. The crew isn't going to walk to Shi No Numa with loaded guns and not shoot Richtofen. Unless they can't remember him but if they can't remember why would they go with him?

I feel like there is more to SNN BECAUSE it's so secretive ya know? It feels like it's larger than we think. And maybe the testing on them was with 115, and the quote in Ascension about remembering him before SNN, is that of relevance right now?

Guest AlphaSnake

I feel like there is more to SNN BECAUSE it's so secretive ya know? It feels like it's larger than we think. And maybe the testing on them was with 115, and the quote in Ascension about remembering him before SNN, is that of relevance right now?

This much more? :lol:

20101113160047ShiNoNumaMeteor.jpg

Ok I know that there are people out there that will not believe me because they are them, but this is true to me.

I will not give away my post from my story so I don't spoil everything, but here is what I present:

- Shi No Numa = SECRETIVE. We know almost nothing about it.

- Now, SNN is located in Japan, as are the testing.

- We know that they did testing in UNIT 731 (duh) and here is a quote from Takeo's bio:

"The war was a perfect opportunity for Takeo to explore his blood-lust and study the nature of those less honorable than himself." You don't say? Studying huh?

- Now my last piece of evidence is this:

To the outside world, testing facilities were known as lumber mill's and referred to their test subjects as "logs". And for obvious reasons, it would contained lots of wood. *cough* Flogger *cough*

So this is my case. It sounds relatively plausible to me that Takeo Masaki was an experimenter in Unit 731.

How many swamps does Japan have?

Why would they deploy frontline troops inside Japan?

CODWW_ZombieSwamp_5.jpg

My point is why Japan?

I believe the location is in Sumatra.

The Invasion of Sumatra by Imperial Japanese forces took place from 14 February to 28 March 1942

11/03/1942...

2yw8kzt.jpg

1942 . 11 . 3 (3 days before withdrawal from Sumatra)

Regards Alpha.

Lol wut are you talking about Alpha?

This much bigger?

Bigger than what?

How many swamps does Japan have?

Probably tons

Why would they deploy frontline troops inside Japan?

They most likely wouldn't, making it a good 731 spot.

Lol not gonna lie dude, that was soo random :lol:

Haha now I get it. For all we know, hell it is Sumatra! I thought I remembered a quote about it being in japan, but I'll listen through today (thanks cjdog) and find out

Guest camarowland

that picture you posted, alpha, of the graffiti like drawings? that man with the bald head, he's in the assylum missing his left arm (hmmmmm.....) drawn in blood. i always thought this was peter, and that peter was writing his "memoirs" on the wall in blood before my theories take over. just something pecuiliar i noticed. also, notice the man in the middle-right with words saying "kill this dumb, kill this not dumb, listen, hear" next to it? gotta read the writing on the wall

Guest MrRoflWaffles

Yea but my question is...how can you see the galaxy when usually you can't. Treyarch wouldn't screw up that bad would they? They seem to vouch for realistic SETTING.

AHHHHH NONO YOU ARE CONFUZZLED :P

You can see the Milky Way with the naked eye as long as it is a clear night - I have done so myself! The reason we can see it so clearly is that we are looking through the plane and towards the center of the milky way :)

Right, there's that out of the way.

ALSO, WE NEED TO GET THIS STRAIGHT:

Right, in the sky when playing Der Riese, there is clearly a total solar eclipse. Now then...

As I said before:

Basically during a total solar eclipse, the moon completely blocks out all the extremely bright light of the sun itself so you can see it's corona which is not normally visible due to the intense light from the sun itself :3

Any questions space wise, feel free to ask :D I have only taken Astronomy GCSE so my knowledge isn't as extensive as it could be, but I guess I know my stuff :D Planning to continue doing it at A level too, thinking of aiming for a degree in Astrophysics because I enjoy it so much xD

- Waffles :D

Yea but my question is...how can you see the galaxy when usually you can't. Treyarch wouldn't screw up that bad would they? They seem to vouch for realistic SETTING.

AHHHHH NONO YOU ARE CONFUZZLED :P

You can see the Milky Way with the naked eye as long as it is a clear night - I have done so myself! The reason we can see it so clearly is that we are looking through the plane and towards the center of the milky way :)

Right, there's that out of the way.

ALSO, WE NEED TO GET THIS STRAIGHT:

Right, in the sky when playing Der Riese, there is clearly a total solar eclipse. Now then...

As I said before:

Basically during a total solar eclipse, the moon completely blocks out all the extremely bright light of the sun itself so you can see it's corona which is not normally visible due to the intense light from the sun itself :3

Any questions space wise, feel free to ask :D I have only taken Astronomy GCSE so my knowledge isn't as extensive as it could be, but I guess I know my stuff :D Planning to continue doing it at A level too, thinking of aiming for a degree in Astrophysics because I enjoy it so much xD

- Waffles :D

Omg great post, I had no idea!

But honestly, I can't tell if the eclipse matters, and would mind reading my Peter link in my sig Milo?

Guest Slave

Yeah, you can see the milky way(since we are in only a part of one arm of the mw) but since when have we been able to see the mw as a disc behind the moon, that looks like the swirly thing in the SL pic? to my knowledge, from our perspective, the mw is always a band of light in the sky, not a swirly vortex of doom. same with the corona of light(whether they be solar flares and what not). those dont look like the swirly doom vortex.

And i dont think the eclipses are natural. I dont know how much books or tv or other mass media bs you guys watch, but me myself have watched tons. and in all said things, most occult related eclipses are not natural. Imagine a location of great energy, where the worlds ley lines intersect. now, when performing a ritual of light or dark magic, one of the first steps to do is to isolate ones self from outside interference. usually a barrier is used, like a forcefield. now, when doing so, one can harness outside sources for their natural magic, such as the moon. in said field, the moon would change to another color, or (in common media) an eclipse would then happen to signify an eerie moment.

so, my theory is that they are useless and meaningful at the same time... like a small, kinda pointless fact that just adds more to the atmosphere of the moment. i also feel that one of these eclipses is a natural phenomenon, and the other is supernaturally occurring.

the SL one would feel more natural to me, because the DR version seemed more.... occult and dark magic feeling. i mean, DR seemed like the kind of place that all the dark magic tests went on, and when i play it, i feel that the level is more dark and sealed up. like the breaches are contained, but only due to the magic having been harnessed. and if its a true magic seal barrier, that could explain why time has stopped in DR during the eclipse.

Guest Matuzz

could it be that Der Riese happens at the same time as the SL eclipse

I myself believe so because when you activate the eclipse in Shangri-La you go back in time.

So I believe you back in the time of Der Riese eclipse. :idea:

I myself believe so because when you activate the eclipse in Shangri-La you go back in time.

So if Shangri-La when back in time is identical to Der Riese, then they are the same eclipse? If that's true, then they were fighting zombies in two places at once?

Guest Matuzz

So if Shangri-La when back in time is identical to Der Riese, then they are the same eclipse? If that's true, then they were fighting zombies in two places at once?

Yes, in Shangri-La and then past themselves in Der Riese. ;)

Guest Monopoly Mac

Erm I don't know much about eclipses but aren't eclipses only in own in parts of the world... like if your in America and see one your not going to see one in China?