Der Riese Eclipse | Can It Be Relevant? *UPDATE*

Guest Tac

*NOTE* Please note that this thread is edited and bumped so the previous replies to this post are virtually irrelevant due to the change. Tell me what you think!

Ok, so many people, like myself, want to put a date on Der Riese. The only true evidence that people use towards a possible date is the Solar Eclipse and the Massacre at Der Riese in mid-October 1945, which lasted roughly a week.

Now, on to the Solar Eclipse. Assuming that when we play Der Riese is in 1946 since they wouldn’t have time to go from Der Riese to Shi No Numa and then back to Der Riese in less than about three months when we know that they sleep during the maps (Takeo's quote in Ascension about waking up every day, and John's Verruckt Haiku), there were 4 Solar Eclipses in 1946 according to NASA:

January 3rd, 1946 over South America and Antarctica

May 30th, 1946 over the South Pacific.

June 29th, 1946 over North Europe and North USA

November 23rd, 1946 over USA, South America, and the Caribbean

Now to be visible from Der Riese, it must be visible to Europe, and only 4 Solar Eclipses between 1941 to 1950 that were over Europe:

September 10, 1942

July 9, 1945

June 29th, 1946

April 28, 1949

Out of all 7 different dates, the most likely would be June 29th, 1946 right? That gives a relatively solid timeframe. Dr. Richtofen kills Maxis at the end of 1945 and heads to SNN with the other heroes, and they hold out for a few months the best they can. Getting overwhelmed, they return to Der Riese at the end of June.

Here is what the Eclipse of Der Riese looks like:

solareclipsederriese-1.jpg

Now that looks like a total eclipse, here's one in real life:

corona1s.jpg

Now the problem that has arisen is that the most likely date for Der Riese based on Solar Eclipses was July 9, 1946, but that Eclipse was a PARTIAL eclipse, as were the other 3 in it's group. However, according to NASA, this qualifies as a Partial Eclipse:

eclipse.jpg

Did Treyarch not research the Eclipse fully, but it still means something and is most likely June 29, 1946

OR

Does the Eclipse no longer mean anything as it doesn't fit in with the storyline?

Guest MrRoflWaffles

Would brain you but I have to spread it :L

I personally think that it will turn out to be important in some aspect or another.. the face that we do not know of any eclipse that reached totality in those years is a little puzzling though :L

Hmmmmmmm...

- Waffles

Would brain you but I have to spread it :L

I personally think that it will turn out to be important in some aspect or another.. the face that we do not know of any eclipse that reached totality in those years is a little puzzling though :L

Hmmmmmmm...

- Waffles

Thats what I was thinking, I guess they don't come quite too often.

Shangri-La has eclipse also:

shangrila7.png

Maybe its just cosmetic feature?

Ya, we have a PARTIAL one there, and if these eclipses matter and S-L is after Kino and before Ascension (which COULD be in 1981) here is the list of Partial Eclipses between 1971-1980:

February 25, 1971

July 22, 1971

August 20, 1971

December 13, 1974

May 11, 1975

November 3, 1975

April 7, 1978

October 2, 1978

Now if the Eclipses don't matter, then that post was useless. If it transforms into a Total before our eyes (which would be awesome) then this is useless. But IDK. They could very well be for cosmetics.

Guest football5699

I know I have been saying this in a lot of posts but WHAT IN THE WORLD is surrounding the sun. It looks like a vortex.

Guest Matuzz

I know I have been saying this in a lot of posts but WHAT IN THE WORLD is surrounding the sun. It looks like a vortex.

I think it has something to do with aliens :D

I think it has something to do with aliens :D

It's the Milky Way IMO, not aliens. Or just some other Galaxy

Guest football5699

Yea but my question is...how can you see the galaxy when usually you can't. Treyarch wouldn't screw up that bad would they? They seem to vouch for realistic SETTING.

Yea but my question is...how can you see the galaxy when usually you can't. Treyarch wouldn't screw up that bad would they? They seem to vouch for realistic SETTING.

Why can't you normally see it?

Guest Matuzz

Yeah you cant see Milky Way or any other galaxy with an bare eye.

I think someone/thing is ripping the space, maybe black hole or wormhole.

Yeah you can't see black hole but you can see material it sucks in in that spiral formation.

Yeah you can't see black hole but you can see material it sucks in in that spiral formation.

WAIT! Richtofen said in SNN radio that they must have ripped space-time when teleporting into the future, so they are ripping space-time by teleporting backwards!

Guest Matuzz

WAIT! Richtofen said in SNN radio that they must have ripped space-time when teleporting into the future, so they are ripping space-time by teleporting backwards!

Might be and in the cause the whole space is starting to change and they have made wormholes or black holes.

:?

Might be and in the cause the whole space is starting to change and they have made wormholes or black holes.

YES! We die by Black Hole then.

Guest Matuzz

Or its a wormhole that Richtofen uses to travel into the Alpha Centauri, can I get picture of Ascension sky because I think its after Shangri-La.

Then there should be something going also.

Or its a wormhole that Richtofen uses to travel into the Alpha Centauri, can I get picture of Ascension sky because I think its after Shangri-La.

Then there should be something going also.

There isn't anything special about, it's just grey and cloudy, then red and orange during monkeys. And I agree it's post Shangri-La

Ever give the thought that they could be transporting to the same day, as we all know it's time travel?

I believe it's very possible, maybe the S-L Eclipse will turn into the same TOTAL one and something cool with happen

Tac I realized you said that Tank says "this is the place." That is the SNN trailer you are thinking of.

Naa, this is the SNN trailer, and he doesn't say it:

[youtube:3tarbvj7]t6OzHuinA_E[/youtube:3tarbvj7]

I just looked through the DR videos, it's not there. Hmm

*EDIT* Found it, you're right.

[youtube:3tarbvj7]Udac9hVyb48[/youtube:3tarbvj7]

So what does this mean?

Guest Monopoly Mac

It means they were either sent to SNN or were looking for the place on their own. Cool facts about the eclipses and I think you got it spot on with the ripping space theory. Also nice to know my little find with Takeos quote is also useful. I'm giving you a brain.

And I just wanna tell you don't post on Antis thread in the Asylum. I know you believe strongly in your signature and so do I but its not worth it.

Guest football5699

It means they were either sent to SNN or were looking for the place on their own. Cool facts about the eclipses and I think you got it spot on with the ripping space theory. Also nice to know my little find with Takeos quote is also useful. I'm giving you a brain.

And I just wanna tell you don't post on Antis thread in the Asylum. I know you believe strongly in your signature and so do I but its not worth it.

hehehe i know wat you are talking about 8-)

Anyway, Notice how we don't hear richtofen in the opening introduction 8-) Thats right I went there.