Elements of Surprise

Guest Slave

Guest Slave

So, I was wondering what people people feel about the theory that the Weapons follow an elemental theme. I was replying to a topic when i stumbled upon some information about a new idea. Share that soon enough.

But first, do you feel that the weapons run a elemental base?

EARTH WIND FIRE and WATER.

We have wind, being thundergun, and water, being ice, being winters fury.

that leaves Earth and Fire. and the wwdg2. and if there is a weapon in the new map of SHANGRI LA should if fill that last element?

Guest Anti Earth

What's large, grey and very sneaky?

The elephant of Surprise.

//

That is my contribution to this thread

:|

+

What was the Monkey Bomb?

DG2?

Not all Wonder weapons fall into a category. Were asking what element could not the guns, i want to say there is a theme. But I don't think so

Guest Slave

vr11 is life, scav could be.... idk. time over distance? i dont count the raygun as a super weapon, because everyone can get it.

Guest BenHR

I know it isn't a wunder weapon, but fire is taken care of by the M2 Flamethrower. Also, could you consider bullets to be earth? And add a Super Soaker (preferably the new Nerf ones with water mags) and you're set.

Guest Slave

screw it, people are just gonna turn this into a mockery, and its one of those "if it isnt so and so saying it, then its not possible." moments to half you people. so, if a mod could lock or delete this or whatever, im not going to even bother with it anymore.

screw it, people are just gonna turn this into a mockery, and its one of those "if it isnt so and so saying it, then its not possible." moments to half you people. so, if a mod could lock or delete this or whatever, im not going to even bother with it anymore.

Dude?!? Please don't get the impression that we are not taking this seriously just because you aren't Alpha or Carbon. Some people (BenHR) are just cracking a few jokes. I respect your OP because I have thought about this many times.

Guest Slave

Rough day at work, wasnt too happy so i kinda snapped on that, stupid stuff ya know. my bad.

Honestly i feel like these mentioned guns(screw the scav and vrill, they dont FEEL like a super weapon, like the others) are the quote, unquote elemental guns.

My main reason for posting this is because some people are wondering if there is going to be a new gun in shangrila, and if its fire based or not. I was wondering really, if the elemental set should be a classic four element base, or the five element base, or quintessence set. Reason im asking if its the four or five is because in the five, you have the quintessence

"In classical thought, the four elements Earth, Water, Air, and Fire frequently occur; sometimes including a fifth element or quintessence (after "quint" meaning "fifth") called Aether in ancient Greece and India."

insnt shangrila near or in the india area? yes it is.... if you look at an older map, india had loads of sections of the H. mountains where shangri la is supposedly located.

which could mean(as much as i dislike the thought in this) that maybe there would be another map. i said i dont believe it in different posting, but if the gun in this uses aether, then that would mean earth is still open for grabs..... unless.....

does cold hard lead count as earth?

by how i feel about these:

so, maybe earth: bullet guns, water: winters howl, fire: Waffle Iron, wind:thundergun, and then the quintessence weapon?

That is an incredibly interesting post, do you mind posting the link you got to that quote? If that is true, that is something new to me and it could open some very interesting doors.

Guest Slave

its a wiki, which has its own citiations and sources. let you go through them all. lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_element

from same thing,

:The pancha mahabhuta, or "five great elements", of Hinduism are kshiti or bh?mi (earth), ap or jala (water), tejas or agni (fire), marut or pavan (air or wind), vyom or shunya (or akash?) (aether or void). Hindus believe that all of creation, including the human body, is made up of these five essential elements and that upon death, the human body dissolves into these five elements of nature, thereby balancing the cycle of nature.:

Guest Slave

or, if people are still going on about how richtofen is looking for the seven items (same way how people talk about the seven steps to freedom) heres this for your thinking processes.

In the philosophy of the seven chakras there are correspondences to the five elements as shared by both Hinduism and Buddhism as well as two other elements:

Sahasrara (Crown): Thought/Space

Ajña (Third Eye): Light/Dark

Vishuddhi (Throat): Ether/Sound

Anahata (Heart): Air

Manipura (Navel): Fire

Svadhisthana (Sacral): Water

Muladhara (Root): Earth

But being the new map is SHANGRI LA, i think people would be more interested in the tibetian/shangrila view of the elements on that same link.

i know its a wiki, im lazy to cite my other sources. wiki has them cited anyway.

Guest Slave

so i guess bringing this to light does help.... good thing i posted it i guess.

im pretty good at seeing things from a different view from other people, and seem to notice and research things that others dont. A lot of theories i see on here dont seem to fit right to me, and contrary to some things people submit as "proof" (like you Tact) i dont think they look at it from the right view, and most tend to ignore things because of the Mass Consensus saying otherwise. or that a select few are always right... eg, the alpha mentality. no offense to alpha is meant at all though,

I wonder though, if these elements are anything to go off of, as items old ED need, then what would fall in as the seven items? i mean, elemental weapon list would still be good to have

Guest Matuzz

I believe that the Wunderweapons just don't fit in the elements category.

Wunderwaffe

Thundergun

Winter's Howl

V-R111

31-79 JGb215

Ray Gun

Scavenger

Then there is:

Monkey Bomb

Gersch devise

Matryoshka Dolls

Guest MrRoflWaffles

I remember reading a similar thread to this one, however it was unearthed that there were supposedly 7 original elements?

Ahh no, this was it.

"Seven chakras

In the philosophy of the seven chakras there are correspondences to the five elements as shared by both Hinduism and Buddhism as well as two other elements:

Muladhara (Root): Earth"

- Waffles

I remember reading a similar thread to this one, however it was unearthed that there were supposedly 7 original elements?

Ahh no, this was it.

"Seven chakras

Muladhara (Root): Earth"

- Waffles

In Greek Mythology there was a fifth classical element known as Aether and it was located in the heavens and it was the "pure air" that the gods inhaled. It also the one place where EVERYTHING is stable. viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12754

thought i already posted the chakras.... and wtf is the 31-79 JGb215?

Usually it transforms into a word in leet speak, but idk if this one really does