The Science Behind Teleportation (Now With Images)

Faust

Guest Anti Earth

imaginary numbers cant physically be graphed

Correction:

Argand Diagram!

Can incorperate an Argand Diagram as a third dimension on a Cartesian graph.

BAM

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Faust

Right, well, I once thought that dipping into the negative sections of the graph would be impossible, but then I thought of this; what if x and y can stand for two things at once? At that rate, y would be space and x would be time. With that, if you managed to have the b in mx+b become a negative frequancy, then you could easily navigate through time. Here's a bit of information on negative frequancies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_frequency

So in terms of the Die Glocke, when th gang teleported into Kino after the DG-2 sent in so many wats of energy (which are bound to have a frequancy) it being sent into the the MDT would work as negative frequancy like with a radar. That said, if we had the date in which the crew teleported into Kino and taking into acount that CotD took place in 2011, we could find the exact frequancy which the DG-2 operates on and find its exact wattage.

That is, if someone is willing to work the equation 4x*-b. Or if we just make this easier, 4(1)*-b.

So there's that.

Guest Anti Earth

Sorry,

what do the axis actually represent in this relationship?

Time vs What?

Without an any axis assignment,

the graph is just a random pattern.

Doesn't mean anything otherwise

:|

Guest Faust

Space vs. Time (Atomic mass vs. potental energy, for what is space but atoms, and time but the flow of energy?)

At any rate, if you were to dip into an area were you hit an x- and y-intercept over time, the x-intercept on your right will be the intervels passed before you emerge from aether. at that rate, y over the x-intercept would be largly useless as one could guess that over time you will reconstitute into a whole.

Now as to what cj said about the grain of sand being scrambled, I suppose that if a basic computer could plot this graph, it could act as a guide to how to reconstitute the object in order. Now, if that computer broke... You might end up with what happened to Maxis and Sam.

Guest cjdog23

Space vs. Time (Atomic mass vs. potental energy, for what is space but atoms, and time but the flow of energy?)

At any rate, if you were to dip into an area were you hit an x- and y-intercept over time, the x-intercept on your right will be the intervels passed before you emerge from aether. at that rate, y over the x-intercept would be largly useless as one could guess that over time you will reconstitute into a whole.

Now as to what cj said about the grain of sand being scrambled, I suppose that if a basic computer could plot this graph, it could act as a guide to how to reconstitute the object in order. Now, if that computer broke... You might end up with what happened to Maxis and Sam.

ah yes, and because its a parabola, it exponentially grows, so you could theoretically hit the amount of atoms in a human body in a fairly comprehendable number on the x axis

although, you still have all of that information stored on the y-axis in the trillions (i'd assume? how many atoms in a human body?), what would calculate this data to reconstruct the person on the other side? furthermore, if i understand this correctly, that means that any information stored based on the x axis would be mirrored on the other side, wouldnt it?

sry if i made no sense, its 1 30am and im tired lol

Guest liltaz23

I hate to butt-in on this mathmatical conversation, but I have some questions.

1) So if we were to hit the negative y-axis area while teleporting, would we end up in some sort of a parallel universe, or would we return to the same one?

2) If the atoms didn't reconstitute correctly, is it possible that a person could return either in a "ghostly" form or in a zombified form?

3) Would it be possible for the atoms to double while teleporting, like by some sort of commuting error by the computer that is graphing the parabola, causing cloning of the teleporting objects?

4) While in Aether, how would it be possible to survive, seeing as there is nothing but those who are trapped there?

5) You guys are genius's. Or is it genii? Anyway, your [brains] always seem to be thinking something smart. Oh yeah, the question here, Can I have your autographs? :D

Guest Faust

I hate to butt-in on this mathmatical conversation, but I have some questions.

1) So if we were to hit the negative y-axis area while teleporting, would we end up in some sort of a parallel universe, or would we return to the same one?

2) If the atoms didn't reconstitute correctly, is it possible that a person could return either in a "ghostly" form or in a zombified form?

3) Would it be possible for the atoms to double while teleporting, like by some sort of commuting error by the computer that is graphing the parabola, causing cloning of the teleporting objects?

4) While in Aether, how would it be possible to survive, seeing as there is nothing but those who are trapped there?

5) You guys are genius's. Or is it genii? Anyway, your [brains] always seem to be thinking something smart. Oh yeah, the question here, Can I have your autographs? :D

1) No, but you would end up in the negative space of aether for quite some time. As you would be stuck in that negative space, time would move around you and eventually you would be thrown out of aether years later, but to you it would only seem like half a second. Think of the bubble of air you get behind a pickup truck. It is totally seperate from the forces around it, but as you roll down the highway, it travels with it, totally unaffected by the areodinamics around it. But if you stick you hand out, it will imediatly be blown back by the winds, while you little bubble is totally fine.

2) I can't be sure, but judging by the way Edward freak out when the puppies got sent through and by historical documents by the military leaded at Der Riese, Hans, I would say that you would end up as some sort of nastey gooe. The reason Sam and Maxis are the way they are is because insted of forming two seperate iteams in aether, it attempted to make one entity and scrambled the two together.

3) This deal with what I have dubbed type B teleportation. The general understanding in the universe is that nothing can be created or destroyed. In type A, as in the die glocke, your atoms are directly moved. Then in type B, a copy of you is made. Science has atttempted to duplicate things on an atomic scale and have done it before, but the individual atoms quickly outright disappeared afterwards. I guess you could say they teleported. Now because you just make two from one, one of the particules would be swallowed by space-time as scrap energy and would go imediatley to the other. It is possible that the hellhounds are created this way, like in the movie the Prisege (Dude buys a box, dude thinks its a teleporter, thinks it never teleports, turns out it just copies things and moves them somewhere else) but I'd think that for every atom crreated, one must die to power its creation. So as you are being de-atomised you would begin to power your own copy.

4) I'm guessing that you would only travel through it, but never become a part of it. I guess this works in the same way that if you drive through France you don't just become French. Now, if you drove through France, your car broke, and you became forced to dwell in france until you can find a way out....

5) Thanks man, it means a lot to me that you would think that! Tell you what, if this works, I'll teleport you my autograph! ^_^

Guest liltaz23

1) No, but you would end up in the negative space of aether for quite some time. As you would be stuck in that negative space, time would move around you and eventually you would be thrown out of aether years later, but to you it would only seem like half a second. Think of the bubble of air you get behind a pickup truck. It is totally separate from the forces around it, but as you roll down the highway, it travels with it, totally unaffected by the aerodynamics around it. But if you stick you hand out, it will immediately be blown back by the winds, while you little bubble is totally fine.

2) I can't be sure, but judging by the way Edward freak out when the puppies got sent through and by historical documents by the military leaded at Der Riese, Hans, I would say that you would end up as some sort of nasty goo. The reason Sam and Maxis are the way they are is because instead of forming two separate items in aether, it attempted to make one entity and scrambled the two together.

3) This deal with what I have dubbed type B teleportation. The general understanding in the universe is that nothing can be created or destroyed. In type A, as in the die glocke, your atoms are directly moved. Then in type B, a copy of you is made. Science has attempted to duplicate things on an atomic scale and have done it before, but the individual atoms quickly outright disappeared afterwards. I guess you could say they teleported. Now because you just make two from one, one of the particles would be swallowed by space-time as scrap energy and would go immediatley to the other. It is possible that the hellhounds are created this way, like in the movie the Prisege (Dude buys a box, dude thinks its a teleporter, thinks it never teleports, turns out it just copies things and moves them somewhere else) but I'd think that for every atom created, one must die to power its creation. So as you are being de-atomized you would begin to power your own copy.

4) I'm guessing that you would only travel through it, but never become a part of it. I guess this works in the same way that if you drive through France you don't just become French. Now, if you drove through France, your car broke, and you became forced to dwell in France until you can find a way out....

5) Thanks man, it means a lot to me that you would think that! Tell you what, if this works, I'll teleport you my autograph! ^_^

Thank you for answering! So in Der Riese, the WunderWaffe overloaded the mainframe so much that it tossed Richtofen & Co. into the negative space of Aether? That's interesting. I hope we figure this out. That teleporting autograph sounds pretty boss. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest NyanCat115

One quick thing, the "five" teleporters are improved teleporters since the group 935 testing was moved to America and they run on element 114. That's why people can easily just walk through them and have no problem

Guest liltaz23

One quick thing, the "five" teleporters are improved teleporters since the group 935 testing was moved to America and they run on element 114. That's why people can easily just walk through them and have no problem

At the same time, however, they are also downgraded versions, also, for one cannot control where they are teleported to by the teleporters.

• 2 months later...
Guest Arussianmonkey

Now what you said about our reality pulling us back into it in a quick second, could it be possible that the atoms essitionally "split" creating a copy of the object? (*Cough*Earth) It may explain the 2 earths. it is also possable that you see an "aether copy".

Notice how you dont see the other earth untill you teleport back to area 51.

It could be a form of type b teleportation. the earth copied itself and eventully the inital copy dissapears. You may be seeing it in moon.

Can i have some help here in determining weather or not earth was type b teleported?

My math teacher would marvel at you all btw if he saw this.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anti Earth

I'm sorry to undermine but anybody with an advanced mathematical background can see this is complete rubbish.

God knows why you tried to introduce math,

but it was just a load of nonsense.

It seems a feable attempt to obfuscate your theory so it's accepted without question.

I'm sorry to undermine but anybody with an advanced mathematical background can see this is complete rubbish.

It seems a feable attempt to obfuscate your theory so it's accepted without question.

Actually it makes pretty solid sense, you just have to be able to understand it. I've taken many advanced Math classes and understand exactly where this is coming from. Why he involved Math doesn't matter as long as it makes sense, which to most of us who have the knowledge, it does

Guest Zombieofthedead

You criticize people alot.... Made plenty of sense, you don't even have to be in college to understand it. Just a suggestion, but give ACTUAL reasons of why this doesn't make sense next time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anti Earth

Actually it makes pretty solid sense, you just have to be able to understand it.

No, I guess I don't understand a thing about maths.

Probably the least mathematically educated on this forum :roll:

Where has he pulled the parabolic model from?

I'll pick it apart for you.

What does the x axis represent?

Time?

Why does time begin in the negative?

It makes no physical sense.

Guess what his x axis represents?

The x axis!

He is thusly not describing a physical / mathematical relationship at all,

he's merely drawn a shape.

If you had a greater mathematical education that just a high school class,

the ridiculousness of his attempt to incorporate math would be obvious to you by a mile off!

Well, when I was reading it, I thought you were trying to say that the parabola example didn't make sense, so I was saying it was. I wasn't commenting on the math itself, I was commenting on the fact that comparing it to the parabola makes sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding you, I thought you were referring to the parabola not making sense, not the math (x and y axis).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Exactice_808

This is awesome, thought I would reintroduce a topic I brought up a long time ago as OP's topic correlates

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=9015

anywhoo, with so many things correlating to energy and mass, Die Glock (The Bell), The Teleporters the Weapons. I think you are truly onto something. The amount of energy used during teleportation would I would assume directly effect when and where you would go.

As the Parabola effect makes sense, it woud take an immense amount of energy to either condense and separate our atoms, non the less re-constitute them some where else.

So as knowing the DG2 affected them, from just teleporting @ Die Ries, to actually Time traveling, someone made the comment about the Axis's. The Axis lines could change depending on how much energy is applied

Initially during testing maybe they didnt have enough energy so of course the first few test subjects were turned into goo as stated before, but as they advanced in research and using larger amounts of energy they were able to successfully teleport. exmp (X=Mass & Y = Location @ E = Amount of energy)

Now by accidentally using the DG2 it changed the Axis line to the effect of ( X = mass & Y =Time @ E =Amount of energy

Im probably talking out my you know what, but thought it was nice when I introduced my theory a year ago but no one responded =( And now I see some really good thoughts here!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest die Doktor

At the same time, however, they are also downgraded versions, also, for one cannot control where they are teleported to by the teleporters.

But what if you linked two teleporters at a time? At an air port the air plane doesn't have two destinations at the same time... it has one then another then another, bu the whole time it has ONE departure, and ONE arrival. so why cant you do this to a teleporter. You could have a switchbord-esque device, like the old telephone operators, kinda like this.

1926-switchboards.gif... what you think?

To me it sounds like the massive power grids we see behind the main power coil at Der Riese. In additon, I like the idea of a variable axis, that might explain time travel seeing as and altered Y-axis would provide an instance where energy does not go positive until further along the X line.

• 3 months later...
Guest liltaz23

I was thinking today in school, wouldn't a hyperbola make more sense than a parabola? The hyperbola extends infinitely in two directions, with a space between them, so they are assumed to touch, but since they cannot touch if they stretch infinitely. The only way between the two would be through the space in the middle. Say the hyperbola was vertical.

hyperbola.gif

The X being space, the Y being time. The top represents the present. The bottom represents the past.

We could break time travel down like that. However teleportation is different. To teleport, we completely change our X and Y values. If they are changed to anything outside of the Hyperbola, we die. If we are sent into the blank space between the two halves of the hyperbola, we become stuck there. That space is Aether. When stuck there, one could quite possibly travel along the event horizon and interact with time. Not physically, however. They must interact without their bodies. Samantha was in that essence, an all knowing being; a Goddess of sorts. The Vril Generator had the power to remove her soul from Aether, but she would have ended up roaming the universe as a paranormal body if not for Richtofen's willingness to allow her to have is body, or to get back to the hyperbola point, his coordinates.

[TL;DR] Teleportation is just modifying our coordinates, Time travel is changing coordinates to the other half of the hyperbola of the universe.

:D

Guest Faust

Alright, I think I understand what you are saying. That might even account for changes in alternate universes if you are into that sort of thing, where the two hyperbolas meet. Hypothetically, from there you might be able to make the jump from one section to another. A bit too far-fetched for my taste but, eh, you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Guest AlphaSnake

"What is with you people? Time machines are nothin' but trouble. "

Jack O'Neill to Thor SG-1

There are several known ways to travel through time, including wormholes under special conditions (such as intersecting with a solar flare), special devices (Time machines) and local time manipulations within a Time dilation field. If the past is altered, the following chain of events will change, creating a new timeline. The new timeline is considered as "Main," while timelines with lack of intervention are considered as "Alternate."

Are we discovering the effects of the solar eclipse seen in Der Riese where the time play begins... Also seen in Shangri-La...

SEDiagram1c.JPG

I will further point out that SG-1 played this quite a few times.

The first instance of the Tau'ri traveling through time occurred in 1999. This time it happened solely by accident, when SG-1 ended up in 1969. Later, in an alternate 2010, SG-1 successfully and intentionally opened a wormhole to the past, altering the future and preventing depopulation of Earth by the Aschen (Illuminati Alien guys how ironic). (SG1: "1969", "2010", "2001")

diagram of a Schwarzschild wormhole:

220px-LorentzianWormhole.jpg

Also hinting back at Event Horizon...

Your on target Faust.

Good thread hope this helps in some small way...

You know me I would add more but time is short.

Regards Alpha.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest die Doktor

Recently, advances in our understanding of quantum mechanics has proven that the affects of quantum mechanics( IE: vibrating while being still and being in two places at once) affect larger objects than individual atoms. In a recent Ted: Talks Science, a physicist explained that he performed an experiment wherein he put a specially made filament slightly visible with the naked eye into a light-less, vacuum at near absolute zero. The experiment concluded in the conclusion that when all other particles are taken out of the equation, larger objects begin to interact according to the laws of quantum mechanics. Perhaps the teleporter uses quantum mechanics to vibrate the user to another position while still being in the same place and then "trap" the user in the position that they vibrated too. Perhaps the issues that Richtofen and Maxis( I will leave out the other doctors involved, as much is unknown about them) was making the mainframe and teleporter sync, create the necessary vacuum, timing and the "trapping". This explanation could also explain why when the experiment failed the test subjects were destroyed of turned into zombies; because, either the body had no equally vacuum,light-less, absolute zero location to vibrate into, or parts of the test subject did not make it completely through and caused mental, and physical damage creating our "zombie".

[ytfull:3bzi9gvg]

[/ytfull:3bzi9gvg]
Guest Faust

I like these ideas a lot. As far as quantum mechanics goes, we know richtofen has had dealings with the matter, IE "Never again will my creation be used against me."

As far as time branches go into this, here is a repost from a similar thread that might apply here.

[center:39osgkje]Mind boggling indeed, but here is where I have to throw my opinions in. While the consept of this thread is a clearly well researched on, it's application falls a bit short. I am not saying this thread isn't a great one, because to be honest it is one of the best I have ever read... But think the idea of time travel composing different truths and realities is a universal cop-out.

Here is where my ideology differs from every other scientist in history. We have begun to assume time a set of train rails that can go forward and back, left and right, change directions, and branch off to different tracks. The consept of relative vs. absolute truth gives merit to these ideas, but it serves of little actual application that can be used when tracking evens in space time.

Instead, I believe the following. Our universe is on a plain of a four dimension. While it would be impossible to imagine that fourth dimension for us just as a blind person could not be explained color, we can assume how it would react by downsizing our universe to appear as a 2 dimensional plain on a three dimensional grid. An easy way to wrap your head around this would be the surface of a lake.

wmap_curvature_01.jpg

This concept was explained in Einstein's string theory, stating that our universe is nothing more than the projection of ourselves on a fourth dimension. Pretty easy to see now, right? Everything that ever can, will and has happened all flattened down to a map of our universe. I believe (and this is just a theory) that time is the fourth dimension that we are projected on. When you place a 2D square on a 3D grid, the square will appear as only one vector instead of a shape that can move in different directions. In the same way, we can only move in one direction in time... Forward. Now what does that have to do with time travel?

As I stated before, our universe isn't just a plain, it is a lake bed. While the surface exists as only 2 dimensions, that surface still has enough flowing energy to flow and move with the tide. The amount of energy transferring through our world makes our time fluctuate with the amount of energy just as the tide would move on a lake surface. We call this fluctuation in time relativity.

fark-photoshop-big-discovery-scientists-hiding-from-us~e-mc-2-05~~acanuck.jpg

If you are not familiar with relativity, consider reading up on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_relativity

So we can agree time turns with the tide. Now what would happen if you threw a brick into your calm lake? Immediately, the normal fluctuation of the tide would be altered in all directions, sending bursts of energy outward in a ripple effect. Let's say that instead of shift rails or having to follow a set track, time travel instantly transfers energy from one location on our plain of time to another, like dropping something in a lake. The resulting energy would effect us on all levels. Even after the initial strike, the moment the change in our time is made, ripples will etch outward through time. Now assuming there is any sanity to the way this energy would transfer at all, it would react like we can assume most energy acts. Over time, the energy would transfer over a wider and wider area, affecting more and more aspects of our universe before that energy eventually dissipates into nothingness.

ripple-image.jpeg

This will also follow the butterfly effect. Initially the change in history is direct and exact, but over time the changes become more an more drastic will less of a general presence of what cause the initial change. Did stepping on a butterfly cause a war? No, but the war was the result of a weakening, but ever present ripple of your impact on history.

With all this taken into account we begin to find that we can plot space-time with ease. As members of our reality it can be hard to see how time reacts. Once you become a time traveler though, you are given the chance to step back and look at the grid and see just how your history has been effected. This is where be begin to see a shift in relative to absolute truth, from the perspective of a time traveler. If any of you have watched Dr. Who, you know what I am talking about. You have altered time and the energy has been transferred. The history you know now has been altered, and you can not undo that adjustment just as you can not undo making a splash in the water.

In terms of the story, we can see this in the way that as soon as the team made adjustments to time, the result was present and immediate when they returned to their time.

Of-course, there are exceptions where our fluctuations in time begin to knot and form a new bundle of space-time, but that goes into quantum entanglement and time-loops.

What can you make of all this?[/center:39osgkje]