The location of Verrückt.

Guest Matuzz

Guest Matuzz

What we know:

Wittenau Sanatorium, Berlin, Germany

Now lets find it:

Wittenau Sanotorium, in the north of Berlin in a place now known as the Karl-Bonhoeffer-psychiatric unit, was a place which served as part of the Nazi 'Euthanasia' system. Thousands of patients were either killed there or were sent from there to be killed in other places.

In 1880 the 'lunatic and idiot institution' was built specifically for 'calm and agitated lunatics, agitated and unclean sick people, epileptic lunatics and bodily afflicted lunatics', together with a separate unit for 'idiotic children'. The start of the 20th century brought with it the foundation of an 'abstinence sanatorium' for alcoholics, morphine and and cocaine addicts, together with a welfare unit for mentally ill people.

As the 1920's arrived research was carried out into the patients in the units with regards to hereditary diseases, a research that was influenced by a social darwinism theory of 'racial hygiene' that would later be influential upon events after 1933.

The theory of 'racial hygiene' in Nazi Germany held that 'inferior' and 'burdening' people were producing a race of 'idiots', and that, coupled with their perceived higher birth rate, was seen as being bad for the German nation. 'Inferior people', so it was said, should be 'cut out' from society. Such a view led to the setting up of the 'law for the prevention of hereditary pro-creation', which led to the forced sterilisation of around 360,000 people between 1933 and 1945, which also happened in Wittenau.

The start of WWII brought a further development. Many old doctors from the unit joined the newly formed 'office for the extermination of those unworthy of life' on Tiergartenstraße 4, the so-named 'T4 action' (click on 'Berlin remembers victims of Nazi 'euthanasia' on the right for more details).

This legalised the 'mercy killing' of disabled, mentally ill and handicapped people. Around 200,000 were killed in total. Wittenau was part of this:

Wittenau served as an 'inbetween unit', which meant that those selected by other units to be killed were sent to Wittenau before being sent to other places, where they would be killed. It was done in this way to try to hide the purpose of their transporting. Around 3,000 Wittenau patients were killed in other places in this way.

Killing also took place in Wittenau itself. 4,941 people were killed through oral tablets or through hunger. Furthermore, around 5,000 children born with hereditary children were brought to Wittenau in order to receive a 'mercy killing'. Some were used for medical experiments.

Sourece: http://walksthroughberlin.blogspot.com/ ... orium.html

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdNgTaYH-AKOZIqQTIa8C_nrnlo-Lg5gxS7Sbpwig4G6Incmqp

Now this building is the Verrückt but it is expanded and rebuild almost completely:

verruckt.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Not bad. I once heard on here, not sure where, that Richtofen was sent there for killing Maxis and then that's how he captured Demspey. Maybe he did get sent there? But then how did he get out so quick? Maybe he escaped or paid teh guards.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Not bad. I once heard on here, not sure where, that Richtofen was sent there for killing Maxis and then that's how he captured Demspey. Maybe he did get sent there? But then how did he get out so quick? Maybe he escaped or paid teh guards.

He couldn't have gotten sent there, the outbreak happened and there are zombies there.

He couldn't have gotten sent there, the outbreak happened and there are zombies there.

Oh damn.... great point. I fucking suck. :facepalm:

Guest nayrc

Oh damn.... great point. I fucking suck. :facepalm:

i think it was alpha who suggested that, a lot of people would have believed him

and stop being to hard on yourself most of your posts are great :)

Oh that's right! Thank you, and also I heard Alpha say another thing. That we start in Kino. It could be true given the fact we can't go from DR to Kino with Maxis, so we must of gone to DR and Verruckt from Kino? Making Kino the first outbreak?

Guest nayrc

Oh that's right! Thank you, and also I heard Alpha say another thing. That we start in Kino. It could be true given the fact we can't go from DR to Kino with Maxis, so we must of gone to DR and Verruckt from Kino? Making Kino the first outbreak?

interesting, kino seems very strange to me, it ties up some lose ends nicely but adds a lot of questions at one point i even questioned if it was under 935 control but more on that later, this is about verruckt

interesting, kino seems very strange to me, it ties up some lose ends nicely but adds a lot of questions at one point i even questioned if it was under 935 control but more on that later, this is about verruckt

Fair enough, we can discuss in the Map timeline thread were already talking in. But as for Verruckt, do we agree there is a good chance it's the first outbreak?