Original Characters Captured in 10 Days?

Guest Tac

A quick run-through of the CoTD radios:

September 10th, 1945: A spy was found in Verruckt and sent to Richtofen

September 17th, 1945: Dempsey is captured

September 20th, 1945: Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai are captured and undergoing tests.

Disregarding everything about who the spy is, whether it be Peter or Dempsey, how did the other characters get captured? A theory that I once heard was that the characters were part of the extraction team. Being that it was marine based, I doubt it. It sounds as though the characters have been captured for up to a few days, and were captured at the relative same time, so were they together?

Do you think that the characters being captured have anything significant to do with the overall story, or should we just leave at the fact that they were captured and think nothing more of it?

Guest Scorpion

I wish there was a set timeline, the story has become difficult to follow after the events in Waw. . . .

I think it is important to know. This got me curious, why was Takeo taken? What did he do?

Guest nayrc

Newb(takeo)and a Russian(nikolia) were being tested on on the 2nd so they were captured before dempsey

I'm putting my bet on takeo being captured in the shi no numa raid and Dempsey in verruckt but nikolia has always remaind a mistrey to me.

I wish there was a set timeline, the story has become difficult to follow after the events in Waw. . . .

I think it is important to know. This got me curious, why was Takeo taken? What did he do?

Ya I was thinking a similar thing about Nikolai. I think Richtofen just found them and wanted them to be test subjects, not sure it had to do with them and something they did, but like I said in my OP, I just can't tell for sure.

Newb(takeo)and a Russian(nikolia) were being tested on on the 2nd so they were captured before dempsey

I'm putting my bet on takeo being captured in the shi no numa raid and Dempsey in verruckt but nikolia has always remaind a mistrey to me.

They were never mentioned until the third radio (September 20th), so we don't know if they were actually being tested on on the 2nd day. By Shi No Numa raid, forgive me if this is something I should know, but what is it necessarily? Is that regarding the spies etc? Is it within those 10 days?

Guest Monopoly Mac

Actually the Russian subject and NEWB was mentioned in a radio in September 2. I think what the guy means by Shi No Numa raid was when Group 935 took over that facility.

Guest nayrc

actually the radio you are are talking about is the 4th

the first is as follows

Log entry 1471

Date: September 2nd 1945.

Dear diary.

Another day, another failure. This time subject N3WB just slightly improved. The Russian subject still smells like urine. even after? he was given a bath and deloused TWICE. I think i might have killed the specimen from Mexico. His spleen is on the floor and and he's not moving anymore. I can verify with certainty that the barrier is not located in the spleen.

(static)Dr Maxis must continue no matter the cost. I wonder what he might think? of the experiments on the little girl. ahahaAHAHAHA.

*Animal screech* *most likely monkey*

NIEN!!! drop that! That's my Spleen! MINE!

Guest Matuzz

Info on members of rescue team.

Leader: Dempsey

Marnie 1: John "Banana"

"My name is John. They call me Banana.

I once worked at a Tex Mex cabana

But now I am here

As walking dead near

With nothing on me but a bandana."

Marine 2: Smokey

"I once knew a soldier named Smokey

He slapped me on the head and awoke me

Turns out he was dead

I cut off his head

Yet but headless he still tried to choke me."

Other poems of John from Verruckt:

"Despite the scary, anxious feeling

Killing walking dead is appealing

My first kill felt great

Felt like my first date

Kicking their brains right up to the ceiling."

"Smokey and I were trapped in a room

We accepted our impending doom

'Til we noticed a monkey

Which seemed kind of funkey

Until we threw it and it went boom."

Also in those poems is secret that no one hasn't yet revealed:

"I feel like the boy who wrote these was trying to tell us something. I look at the meter, the chosen words, but nothing comes to mind. Perhaps you will see something. Maybe it's the letters?

DK-MFK. Do you think this means anything? "

Thats from one of the messages in Dreamland server.

But people have ignored these poems totally.

Guest nayrc

But now I am here

As walking dead near

Turns out he was dead

I cut off his head

My first kill felt great

Felt like my first date

'Til we noticed a monkey

"I feel like the boy who wrote these was trying to tell us something. I look at the meter, the chosen words, but nothing comes to mind. Perhaps you will see something. Maybe it's the letters?

I was actually going to be doing a bit of work on those poems with all this peter, oss and spies stuff coming back up again,

thanks for pointing them out

Guest Matuzz

But now I am here

As walking dead near

Turns out he was dead

I cut off his head

My first kill felt great

Felt like my first date

'Til we noticed a monkey

I was actually going to be doing a bit of work on those poems with all this peter, oss and spies stuff coming back up again,

thanks for pointing them out

First thing we need to do is solve the time line of this poems, which one is first then second and so on.

I'm sure those letters you get by taking first letters or all capital letters in right order need to be decoded in terminal.

Dk-MFK needs maybe to be left out as its already solved to be D.King and his password: MFK.

So much work in this :shock:

Guest nayrc

1."My name is John. They call me Banana.

But now I am here

As walking dead near

2."I once knew a soldier named Smokey

Turns out he was dead

I cut off his head

3."Despite the scary, anxious feeling

My first kill felt great

Felt like my first date

4."Smokey and I were trapped in a room

'Til we noticed a monkey

the order could be 1,3,4,2,

as the one where he is with smokey has to be before smokey is dead, it seems the one where he introduces him self would have been written first and in 3 he talks about his "fist kill" so it would be second

Guest Matuzz

But now I am here

As walking dead near

Turns out he was dead

I cut off his head

My first kill felt great

Felt like my first date

'Til we noticed a monkey

as the one where he is with smokey has to be before smokey is dead, it seems the one where he introduces him self would have been written first and in 3 he talks about his "fist kill" so it would be second

Ok so now the letters would be:

MI-BAS

IH-TIY

DK-MFK

SW-TWU

We maybe need to put those together or is poem has own secret message like DK-MFK is D.King and password: MFK.

Or take only first two or the last 3 letters of each. They must give us something as the message said.

Guest Matuzz

But now I am here

As walking dead near

Turns out he was dead

I cut off his head

My first kill felt great

Felt like my first date

'Til we noticed a monkey

Ok so now the letters would be:

MI-BAS

IH-TIY

DK-MFK

SW-TWU

We maybe need to put those together or is poem has own secret message like DK-MFK is D.King and password: MFK.

Or take only first two or the last 3 letters of each. They must give us something as the message said.

Ok here is what I have tried:

MI-BAS-IH-TIY-DK-MFK-SW-TWU

=E E

UWT-WS-KFM-KD-YIT-HI-SAB-IM

=T ETA

MI-BAS

= nothing

IH-TIY

=E

Its not making any sense :?

DK-MFK

=B

SW-TWU

= nothing

Nothing comes up

But now I am here

As walking dead near

Turns out he was dead

I cut off his head

My first kill felt great

Felt like my first date

'Til we noticed a monkey

I think it goes 1, 3, 2, 4

1. He introduces himself

3. Talk about his first kill

2. Introduces Smokey

4. Talks about old times with smokey

I don't think it can go 1,3,4,2 only because he mentions Smokey before introducing him in the order above, and I would think he would introduce him before talking about him.

Guest nayrc

But now I am here

As walking dead near

Turns out he was dead

I cut off his head

My first kill felt great

Felt like my first date

'Til we noticed a monkey

1. He introduces himself

2. Introduces Smokey

I don't think it can go 1,3,4,2 only because he mentions Smokey before introducing him in the order above, and I would think he would introduce him before talking about him.

Good point, that seems to be then right order [brains]

Guest Matuzz

But now I am here

As walking dead near

Turns out he was dead

I cut off his head

My first kill felt great

Felt like my first date

'Til we noticed a monkey

1. He introduces himself

2. Introduces Smokey

Good point, that seems to be then right order [brains]

Need to get decoding again when I have time :D

So we know 3 members of the extraction team: John, Smokey (turned into zombie), and Dempsey (captured). So would there have been 6 in the extraction team (I think someone said that somewhere else, sorry for no recognition) since 2 are gone and 4 fight of the horde?

Guest Matuzz

So we know 3 members of the extraction team: John, Smokey (turned into zombie), and Dempsey (captured). So would there have been 6 in the extraction team (I think someone said that somewhere else, sorry for no recognition) since 2 are gone and 4 fight of the horde?

Possibly if their plane crashed down in Nacht Der Untoten some member of the team died in the crash or in the way from Nacht Der Untoten to Verruckt.

Because I strongly believe that their plane crashed to Nacht Der Untoten as that would tie that map to the story.

But I haven't heard anything about total number of the marines in the Dempsey's unit.

Guest football5699

2 things...

1. Richtofen mentions the "barrier" not being in his spleen?? what is the barrier

2. Why did they put the monkey bomb with the OLD Verruckt when they didn't have it in the map. Unless that is how it is now, it seems odd they would rewrite the story like that.

2 things...

1. Richtofen mentions the "barrier" not being in his spleen?? what is the barrier

2. Why did they put the monkey bomb with the OLD Verruckt when they didn't have it in the map. Unless that is how it is now, it seems odd they would rewrite the story like that.

I didn't notice the barrier thing, nice get. I was wondering the same thing about the monkey bomb, although I think it was just something to add in for the rhyme, and I don't think it's very important to the story.

Guest nayrc

2 things...

I didn't notice the barrier thing, nice get. I was wondering the same thing about the monkey bomb, although I think it was just something to add in for the rhyme, and I don't think it's very important to the story.

well when you look at the original file in the terminal they talk about the monkey a bit so i think it may have a bit of importance

Guest nayrc

another poem found in terminal, was this also by jhon?

(cant remember exactly were thought)

gun in my right hand

and a cola in my left

surrounded need max ammo

another poem found in terminal, was this also by jhon?

(cant remember exactly were thought)

gun in my right hand

and a cola in my left

surrounded need max ammo

That haiku might have been via John. I'm going to do some research real quick

Guest Zombieofthedead

Just curious about where it was mentioned that there were 6? Other than that, I think the verruckt trailer may help us with the story, too. John and Smokey on the American weapon side, Dempsey and another guy on the German side. On the CotD radios it mentions that more than 2 marines got captured, so I think that only Smokey died, unless what you said about 6 people is true.

On an unrelated note, I don't believe Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt are connected, as in i think the survivors are entirely different there

Just curious about where it was mentioned that there were 6? Other than that, I think the verruckt trailer may help us with the story, too. John and Smokey on the American weapon side, Dempsey and another guy on the German side. On the CotD radios it mentions that more than 2 marines got captured, so I think that only Smokey died, unless what you said about 6 people is true.

On an unrelated note, I don't believe Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt are connected, as in i think the survivors are entirely different there

It isn't officially mention anywhere that there are 6. My reasoning is that Smokey turned to a zombie and Dempsey was captured, and 4 people fight off the horde. So that means that there had to be 6 people in the extraction team. The Verruckt trailer shows us literally nothing, other than the Perk-A-Cola's being introduced. On the CoTD radios, it says a spy (not part of the extraction team) and Dempsey were captured. Regardless about the 6 people, Smokey is indeed dead according to John's poem.