Discovery MP Map is Neuschwabenland, Antarctic Zombie Map.

AlphaSnake

As stated above:

Here's the evidence:

PICT0130.jpg

American 688 Submarine & the Aurora Australis, In 1945 some nazis escaped to the Antarctic at the end of WWII including maybe Hans Kammler, also known as Heinz kammler or Hanz. ;)

PICT0113.jpg

Hmm, looks like we have evidence of an outbreak here...

PICT0114.jpg

Heres a closer look into that room, as you can see an animal cage has been torn open from the inside out, what living animal could do this to a metal cage? ;)

PICT0115.jpg

A makeshift operating table, the question is what were they operating on?

PICT0122.jpg

More evidence that people met a grisly demise here. Polar bears don't live in the Antarctic...

PICT0121.jpg

This was a Nazi reseach base/millitary outpost, but it has long been abandoned, so where did the nazis go from here? You know what I think... Vril, Moon... ;)

PICT0116.jpg

As you can see it was a bio research station, hmm, what bio weapons are the nazis into? :twisted:

PICT0128.jpg

Hmm, these look familiar... We saw a smaller version of this in Kino Der Toten in the firetrap room, could these be the big brothers of the Kino fire trap? 8-)

PICT0129.jpg

Now this looks like a death ray...

PICT0126.jpg

Well, well, well what do we have here then, a power switch just like in Verruckt, Der Riese, Kino, Five & Ascension... :D

PICT0123.jpg

Whats this then, a ship...? ;)

PICT0125.jpg

Its a Russian one too... Coych?k = Sousnyk? :? Names don't really translate but hey I did it anyways...

Snake's final thoughts:

Now the evidence is pretty heavy in favor of this being the deserted New Swabia (Neuschwabenland) 211 Nazi base...

A quick search of New Swabia images turned up this:

logoneu.jpg

Does this look familiar to you? Maybe if it was in red, eh... :lol:

Well need I say more really... :D:D:D

This will be done, I don't know when, but I can just feel it in my bones...

Wasn't it mentioned in the terminal files that there was an abandoned base in the antarctic? I swear I saw this somewhere here.

Let me know what you lot think... :twisted:

Regards Alpha.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AlphaSnake

Wow, slow down yellow matey :) , I don't think this will be call of the dead, another future map yes. But not Call of the Dead... Sorry... :(

Who knows I could be wrong and this could be Call of the Dead...

I guess we don't have to wait that long now...

Regards Alpha.

Guest Sigint

Antarctica? Finally a map close to where i live. But the Antarctic is right at the bottom of the globe, so why would there be Russian stuff around?

Guest Faust

SUBMARINES! HELL YES, SOMETHING I KNOW ABOUT FROM EXPERIENCE!

Sorry Alpha, that's no U-boat. That right there is a US Navy SSN Fast Attack Submarine, model 688!

While officially the 688 "Los Angeles" class subs weren't created until the construction of the USS "Los Angeles" back in 1971, this is the world of black ops, so anything is possible. The use of a 688 would be something secret too. At the time it was (and still is) the largest series of fast attack subs used by the US Military, second only to the SSBN nuclear dreadnaughts. You can tell by the trademarks of the bridge (the part that sicks out of the water). A german U-boat's bridge would be made of iron and would look something more like this.

Image of a german U-boat

bomb_u-117_2.jpg

The USS LA at it's final docking before being decommissioned January 23, 2010 in Pearl effin' Harbor (my side of town)

la-sing.jpg

The SSN 688 models were DESIGNED for insertion of Special Ops units and direct attacks on enemy fleets. Sorry to chew you out on this stuff Alpha, but when you're born into the silent service, you take these things to heart.

For further reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Los_Angeles_(SSN-688)

Guest Sigint

SUBMARINES! HELL YES, SOMETHING I KNOW ABOUT FROM EXPERIENCE!

Sorry Alpha, that's no U-boat. That right there is a US Navy SSN Fast Attack Submarine, model 688!

While officially the 688 "Los Angeles" class subs weren't created until the construction of the USS "Los Angeles" back in 1971, this is the world of black ops, so anything is possible. The use of a 688 would be something secret too. At the time it was (and still is) the largest series of fast attack subs used by the US Military, second only to the SSBN nuclear dreadnaughts. You can tell by the trademarks of the bridge (the part that sicks out of the water). A german U-boat's bridge would be made of iron and would look something more like this.

Image of a german U-boat

bomb_u-117_2.jpg

The USS LA at it's final docking before being decommissioned January 23, 2010 in Pearl effin' Harbor (my side of town)

la-sing.jpg

The SSN 688 models were DESIGNED for insertion of Special Ops units and direct attacks on enemy fleets. Sorry to chew you out on this stuff Alpha, but when you're born into the silent service, you take these things to heart.

For further reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Los_Angeles_(SSN-688)

Did you take an interest in boats from Pearl Harbour? Because you live in Pearl City dont you? Nice place, bought my headset from the Best Buy there.

Guest AlphaSnake

U-boat Finder

U-688

This boat was not commissioned into the Kriegsmarine.

However she had been ordered and was, at least at one time, planned for commission.

U-boat

U-688

Type VIIC/41 Modified

Cancelled 22 Jul 1944

Suspended 30 Sep 1943

Launched Unknown?

Laid down 12 Jul 1943

Ordered 2 Apr 1942

Shipyard Howaldtswerke, Hamburg

Werk 837

Never finished.

But it would seem that at least one was finished by the Germans and used to escape to the Antarctic...

The Americans came with a navy fleets during operation Highjump... Which they limped back from.

U-boat 688

Yes I understand what your saying, but it is not a US submarine...

It is a German one, did you know that Americans also gained German U-Boat technology from Operation Paperclip?

The Americans must have later based the SNN 688 form this Uboat 688, they are sister ships yes but, I believe that Uboat 688 was the final cutting edge design and the Germans only managed to get this last prototype constructed before the war ended...

Remember America took, Rocket Engineers & Die Glocke Scientists...

Whos to say they didn't capture these designs as the war ended, and covered up the fact that the Germans did get one operational.

Most American subs have their German counterparts to thank for their current designs & innovations.

Oh, that SNN 688 has three stacks, the one in Discovery only has two...!

The only Russian tech there is the ship, nothing else...

Regards Alpha.

Guest AlphaSnake

Discovery is a German Map, with a sign saying so.

COTD is a Soviet map set in the Siberian Arctic circle.

I get how they can be confused but I swear COTD is not Discovery...

Regards Alpha.

Guest Faust

Alright Alpha, you've made some vallid points. In fact, great job, I never would have thought of it that way, esspecially because the first 688 wasn't produced until 1971. The only issue I could see would be the use of nuclear power to power that thing when you consider that the tech for that want invented until the USS Nautilus (which I have been in). Then again, the Nazis were up to some F.ed up S.

Guest AlphaSnake

Maybe it was actually powered by the Die Glocke rigged up as a reactor...?

It could be that they perfected the nuclear sub in this 688 design...

Regards Alpha.

Guest Faust

Did you take an interest in boats from Pearl Harbour? Because you live in Pearl City dont you? Nice place, bought my headset from the Best Buy there.

Matter of fact, my dad works on subs, so I know the inside of one like the back of my hand. Currently he's transfurring to a Seawolf class ship, the Jimmy Carter. Special Operations crap. :P

Glad you like it I guess. :lol:

Guest WhosOnFirst

The submarine is American, a quick search of the German class sub shows the plans and shape of the sub do not match; however there are plenty of photos showing the USS 688 Los Angeles class sub wth differant stack configs throughout its service life.

It would go a long way to explain how the American SOG spawn on the map and the OpFor Spetsnaz got there in their Hind's, possibly supported by the Russian vessel lying of the coast.

Also the map description says the base is an abondened German Arctic research station, if the Germans abandoned the base they probably would have taken the sub with them, if they didnt and it had been in the ice pack for any length of time the hull probably would have been crushed and it would be completely frozen over.

Every source I have ever read on the bell (virtualy all the same) state that it required huge amounts of power to operate, I dont see how this could transfer to it becoming a power source for a sub.

Other than those points above I like what you have found out, pretty interesting stuff.

Guest Flipfoot

THE V-R11

The meaning of V-R11 is Vril. The meaning of the 87 on the side of the gun is this: Edward Bulwer-Lytton's was the author of the Novel and he suggested the theory of Vril. His novel called "VRIL: The Power of the Coming Race" was published in 1871. Hitler was greatly affected by this book. You can read that book here:

http://goo.gl/YiB8c

What is Vril?

Vril is a form of energy that has many powers. It has the power to REVERSE PEOPLE TO THEIR ORIGINAL BEING or to reanimate dead cells. This is what the V-R11 does, turns zombies into their original state. The Nazi's also used Vril to power their hovercrafts. It was the energy that powered "The Bell" or Die Glocke. Here are some pictures of Nazi hovercraft:

http://goo.gl/xtHWK

Vril is also used for time travel.

What is the golden rod?

The golden rod is a Vril generator. Here is a picture of it:

http://goo.gl/RDQ5L

It generates Vril energy when you hold it in a certain way, with three fingers and thumb of the hand on the VRIL Generator. here is a picture showing how to hold it:

http://goo.gl/UaoNN

When you do this, an electrical connection is formed. The generator cycles and recycles life giving energy (VRIL) into the human body, awakening, realigning, balancing, re-tuning and healing the physical at the deep chemical and atomic levels. Through continual contact with the VRIL Generator the amperage of light energy is increased over and over again. The body human and the VRIL Generator coordinate a frequency that harmonizes with the user, and allows the user to enter realms once undiscovered. What realms? I wonder… Here is a picture of VRIL and the Vril generator I found:

http://goo.gl/vPhiX

Why does Richtofen need the Golden rod?

He want's to travel to those "other realms" with the rest of the crew. What is this other realm? It's Aether. The Vril generator allows you to travel to Aether. Richtofen uses it correctly and you hear the "teleporting" sound. (This leads me to believe that the energy that powers the teleporters is in fact Vril, not Element 115.) You have sent them to Paradise, AKA Aether. The crew is now in Aether.

Now, where is Paradise/Aether? It is in the centre of the Earth. Supposedly, the centre of the Earth is crystalline. See this picture:

http://goo.gl/ycc4P

So "Paradise" is the centre of the earth. After we complete the easter egg, we sent them to Paradise/Aether/The center of the earth. See this picture:

http://goo.gl/P8qRl

As you can see, it's talking about Paradise. The crew used the Vril generator to travel to "Paradise".

Taken from CODHQ.

Posted as "Food for Thought".

Guest yellow-card8

wasnt this facitlity found by the gemans than left then the russians found it with the technology , never played CotD but Im exepting that it was german made first

Regards Yellow-card8

Guest AlphaSnake

Some valid points have been made.

I guess I was wrong on the Sub & the Bell as a Generator.

The golden rod is most likely some kind of power source.

The question still remains though... Where did the Nazis go from here?

Regards Alpha.

Guest ImAnEagle

OH NO, SNAKE! You've given me too many things to occupy my mind!

THE INFLATION IS KILLING ME!

Ha jk

Nice Find, again. Great detective work on ALL of these maps.

[brains] for you, kind fellow

Guest Flipfoot

Think I know where the British zombies came from...

"In January-February 1939, a secret German expedition visited Dronning (or Queen) Maud Land, Antarctica, apparently with the intention inter alia of establishing a base there. Between 1943 and 1945 the British launched a secret wartime Antarctic operation, code-named Tabarin. Men from the Special Air Services Regiment (SAS), Britain's covert forces for operating behind the lines, appeared to be involved"

"In the southern summer of 1946–1947, the US Navy appeared to ‘invade’ Antarctica using a large force. The operation, code-named Highjump, was classified confidential"

Source - http://www.nazi-secret.com/en/mysteries ... he-reality