How could Extinction be Extended after Dlc4?

Welcome Back…...today I would like to start off by asking the question. Will extinction have any potential for new maps once the final Dlc is released? The answer may vary depending on how the series ends. There are 3 scenarios that could happen to extinction from this point on or at least 3 scenarios that I would like to go over. Please put your scenarios in the comment section maybe we can stumble on some Gold….

The first Scenario is that Humanity wins the war without having to use the nukes thus saving the human race and everyone lives happily ever after. Then they capture the last ancestor and keep it prisoner. What they could do in this scenario is have it so that it turns out that the Ancestors did travel beyond the earth and after finding out that the Earth Colony has awakened they come to Earth to retrieve them. However once seeing how man has killed all remaining ancestors they decide to do a much more advanced attack on Earth. Thus setting up for a sequel. The reason this ending is possible is because they mentioned the cryptids are from Earth however they never do specify if the Ancestors are actually originated from Earth. Infinity ward has the chance to do this and perhaps the Ancestors will now enslave humans which leads to a Rebellion by the slaves. This gives us an opportunity to see how humanity acts when enslaved or being hunted. Maybe they found an alternative to the drills or they created a new weapon somewhere underground.

The Second Scenario that could lead to an Extinction Season 2 for the Story to be set in the future and for humanity to have new technology to fight the Cryptids. However as the story progresses it turns out we aren’t in the Future but we are in the past and we humans are the aliens that invaded Earth and the Ancestors are actually the ones who are being attacked. It’s a bit cliche but it could work if they tried hard enough. In fact the story could show why humanity lost the technology and how we have devolved from being super intelligent to having to start rebuilding and rediscovering everything. Eventually revealing that in the original Extinction the Ancestors weren’t taking over, instead they were reclaiming what was theirs such a long time ago. Who knows, maybe humanity caused the atmosphere to burn and the comet was just what the scientists thought happened.

A scenario that was present in Zombies mode was that we play as survivors in a world where Cryptids are attacking which in zombie mode was zombies. This kind of scenario would not really be fleshed out story wise because there is only so much you can do with a group of survivors that don’t have the kind of knowledge Samantha cross or David Archer can give us. This means no important intel. If this Scenario is chosen then any intel would probably be civilian intel and army intel telling us how they fought the cryptids and how they took over the world. This Scenario wouldn’t allow for us to visit any important places and most likely it would be turned into a survival mode. Remember civilians don’t have access to drills nor do they know how to operate them.

So what do you think? Do you think extinction will end with Exodus? or will Infinity Ward find a way to extend the story somehow?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to be the most popular of their side games yet, so it seems pretty much guaranteed that it will return.

This coming from a person who isn't really into it, Safeguard has been my go to. But i say what i see.

Nice thoughts on plots.

Seeing that IW has been using plenty of story topics from zombies, I recon we're going to see a nuked earth.

But I definitely think we'll be seeing extinction again, so my thoughts would be that several countries create arks/bunkers, so that when humanity emerge, there will be some technology left.

Just my 2c.

• 4 months later...

After seeing the end of Exodus, many think the humans only survive and the game is dead.

I think that they are blind.

Clearly, in the end sequence, Samantha Cross' eyes change 'cryptid like' and she is clearly talking about cryptids being the species that didn't fall.

Obvs, more Extinction in the next iw game.