Dear Sledgehammer...

See I thought Nuketown and Firing Range were fan favouites. Hence always being picked. I wouldn't say they're my favourites but I'm not everyone lol. Summit I was sorta surprised to see. Stadium I was especially surprised. Probably my favourite DLC map. But it just felt weird in BO2 even though it was exactly the same. :/

These reskins are annoying but I guess it's cheaper and more effective business wise.

Way said it best. Innovation. Designing new maps sounds like fun actually!

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Sledgehammer...

Please stop giving Hardcore players the short end of the stick and actually give us some variety in game modes for once.

Oh, and most importantly Let us be our customized characters already! 

Seriously, what the actual fuck...

I mostly was excited for all the extra customization features AW had to offer. Instead, I'm left window licking what I look like when really, I'm just like everyone else in game. It's like building a sexy Hot Rod from scratch, putting all that blood, sweat and tears into building this awesome one-of-a-kind personalized muscle car, then leaving it parked in the garage forever because now I'm too scared someone might scratch it. What's the point then?

I don't give a damn if I only see my hands and gun when I actually play the game. I wanna know I look sexy as hell when I put a bullet between my victims eyes. Instead, here I am wearing my Hanes undershirt with custom painted "Anarchy" gear and with my flashy purple skate pads and green Skechers.

#swag4lyfe brah...

Completely agree with this. When BO2 first gave us Nuketown 2025 I though... "This is pretty cool!", but then it became an epidemic. Every DLC had at least one reskinned map, some even had two and by the end I think there was a total of 7 old maps brought back. Now Ghosts is doing the same and it is just terribly lazy if you ask me.

"We can't think of anything new or innovative so let's just release an old map and say we are bringing back another fan favorite but have Vonderhaar claim it is his favorite map of all time to give it an additional selling point"

What kind of bullshit policy is that? If you want to bring back a ton of "fan favorites" then release a compilation game, don't make us pay for the same map twice! When MW3 gave fans the Terminal remake that was fine, but it has now become common practice. The only thing that may be in Sledgehammers favor is the fact that they don't have any CoD titles of their own behind them, so if they were to bring back old maps it would need to be either IW or 3arc maps and I don't see that happening.

I expect AW to be completely original this time, or at least hope that is the case.

i wouldn't even mind a couple throw back maps in AW, simply because of the new dynamic the exo movements provide, it could cause the maps to play totally differently.  For that same reason, it may not be feasable to do throwback maps in AW...

anyway, the throwback really initially came with black ops 1 if im not mistaken... i think "Hazard" was a revamp of Cliffside from world at war.    I think it is good in moderation, but it is tough line to tip toe