ZombieOfTheDead

Unpopular Opinions Thread

I'm going to put my 2 cents in for this vegetable thing. If I were in a vegetative state, I would want to be kept alive, because there could be a potential for fixing that somewhere. Even if I'd lost all of my memories, or some brain functions, I'd still rather be kept alive just in case. That's just my view, though.

I mean I said it really bluntly in the first message because I was busy. I didn't mean like "MANDATORY FETAL INCINERATION."

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I believe in achieving a perfect society. There is no such thing as a perfect flawless society, but I think we need to make sacrifices in order to come closer. The reason that train of thought has been frowned upon is how it was taken to the extreme by Hitler. However I think I'm a bit more compassionate than that.

And MMX, I'm sorry if I didn't clarify. I was in a rush. I meant vegetative pretty much every time I said "mentally ill." Most mentally ill people are perfectly fine given the right treatment and care. Vegetables may recover eventually as well. Waiting for someone in a vegetative state to wake up can be emotionally taxing on their loved ones too, I might add. Also with Euthanasia I know most of the time it is a temporary problem, but I meant that it should be allowed under the few situations in which it is never going to improve, like in the case of the bery old and sick.

I think suicide in general is selfish (Especially suicide that gets random people involved, like throwing yourself in front of traffic. ooh don't even get me started.) But if Euthanasia is performed under selfless circumstances, then THAT alobe would be ok. Like if you know you are going to eat up medical resources that could go to a younger patient with more life potential, or that your family are going to suffer financially. Like if you are really sick and you know youe meds will only extend your life a few months. It's not like side-stepping pain so that you don't have to deal with it.

edit: still in a hurry sorta. sorry about spelling. my phone is a jerk.

Edit: keep the thread's title in mind. I didn't post here so that people would agree with me.

Edited by Ę̷́l͡ȩ̶̨c̨͞t͠r͏҉͟i͠c̶

1: I hate the walking dead, yup, believe it, I find it dry and over dramatic. And quite cheesy… 

I was OK with it until the episode where Dale died, he should have outlived all of them. 

2: I hate tea, for the same reasons I hate the walking dead. 

Lol @ EJ

Walking Dead is overrated to high hell now. First season was by far the best. Now it's just meh. Sooooo slow. I still watch it because I like most of the characters, but there are like moments of silence or just unnecessary talk about pointless shit for about half the episode. It's ridiculous. Also, this season finale had the most bullshit ending ever. Now we have to wait 6 months to see how they get out? Such BS.

I have come to the conclusion that most everything popular is overrated. That's just obvious, of course. I must be a hipster of some kind...

I tend to like the things people dislike too. I'm not sure why, sometimes I'm not even sure I like it because I like it, or just because people don't like it.

I like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I like all generations of Pokemon, even Gen V which I haven't even played.

I like and hate reality shows. Some are good. Some aren't. In Australia, free TV is over saturated in Reality, and unfortunately people love it, so it's not going to change anytime soon.

I am a Sony fanboy and will stay with it. I am glad I chose a PS3 over a 360, even though it was "losing" back than. I am glad and happy things are looking good this gen.

Even though I like Kingdom Hearts, it is overrated to an extent.

I'm not sure how I feel about this thread, but I don't think it needs to be locked.

I am avoiding this thread, primarily because I don't want to start any discussions and/or arguments about its contents.

I don't really know why I am, but I am.

I don't like Icecream, I love sorbet.

I don't like Snickers bars.

I believe that Religion will be the complete downfall of our society.

I have absolutely no respect for an opinion that someone wishes to become or stay part of the law when it is formed from their religious outlook.

This includes abortion, euthanasia, gay rights and school prayer to name a few.  I respect their personal opinion that those things are not acceptable to them but not when someone is trying to use that to make a law.

Going V-R11 only past 70 on CotD is faster than scavenger and ray gun combo. (what vr11 only is, your box luck is so shit, you only get v-r11s an entire round.

Awards

there are a lot of things I find overrated. But keep in mind that just because it is overrated, it isn't necessarily bad.

Take Pewdiepie for example. Totally over-rated. Not nearly as funny as most people say. Is he bad? No. I still honestly find him really funny to watch, but it seems a bit redundant.

Even though I like Kingdom Hearts, it is overrated to an extent.

You sonovabitch.

No, no that's actually true, though mostly by it's fanbase. Basically any fanbase with obsessive girls will end up being overrated. It's still my favorite series besides those annoying fangirls.

there are a lot of things I find overrated. But keep in mind that just because it is overrated, it isn't necessarily bad.

This is also true, though I still avoid overrated things. Things like, say, Half Life 2 that are recommended to people. It can't, and won't live up to the hype because, for one, it's based on nostalgia really. It might not be bad, but that hype will probably kill it. Also, take the Lego Movie for example. People were saying it was not only a great animated movie, but also the greatest comedy in a long time. Bullshit. It was funny, but it was not THAT funny. There weren't really any huge burst out laugh scenes anywhere. It just kills it a little, is all.

Video Game wise, especially. Older video games won't necessarily do it for people newer to them, because they didn't have it back then and will think there are better things out there today, which there are. Nostalgia is a huge factor in overrating anything

Well the term overrated has a larger connotation than a denotation. It technically means that the popular opinion is higher than what (you believe) it actually is. Meaning, they could think it is great while you think it is good. Or good and okay. Or good and awful. Or great and awful. Basically just use " > ". But most people use it as if it is great and awful.

I really don't care for the Zelda series. I'm big on Nintendo, and I can respect their franchises. But I have no wish to ever play a Zelda game. I'm just not particular to the fantasy genre.

Well the term overrated has a larger connotation than a denotation. It technically means that the popular opinion is higher than what (you believe) it actually is. Meaning, they could think it is great while you think it is good. Or good and okay. Or good and awful. Or great and awful. Basically just use " > ". But most people use it as if it is great and awful.

I really don't care for the Zelda series. I'm big on Nintendo, and I can respect their franchises. But I have no wish to ever play a Zelda game. I'm just not particular to the fantasy genre.

I just have to say, Mario lives in a land of mushrooms and green pipes, constantly fighting a sentient turtle/dinosaur thing that captures princesses. If that's not fantasy, I don't know what is. You should give Zelda a shot.

I am the opposite, though. I love fantasy more than Sci-fi. Still love both, just fantasy holds a higher place in my heart 

I believe Mario is more of a surrealist environment. I understand how it can be classified as fantasy though. But when I say fantasy, I mainly refer to the re-used concept of magical, medieval guys with swords. I prefer Sci-fi. Nothing turns me away more than the Dark Ages.

That being said, fantasy is not particular to me. That just means that I will not a pre-conceived bias towards the fantasy concept as I might towards hearing about a game with interesting scientific concepts. So exceptions can occur. Mario is obviously an exception for me, for many reasons, including I think it has awesome gameplay, interesting characters, its history and heritage, complex concepts incorporated into some of the games, and the series recognizes its own "laws" of physics. An example of a traditional "fantasy" title I have an exception for is Smite. It is one of those PC games with the medieval stuff, except all of the characters ARE real-world Gods of Greek, Roman, Chinese, Hindu, Mayan, and Norse.

It isn't much different in the reverse really. I love sci-fi as a genre. But there are some games, even if they are sci-fi, I just really don't care for. Halo, for example, I never found enjoyable. To me the most scientific it got was "shoot lasers and wear green armor".

Fair enough. I guess I'm the same way in reverse really. Halo is very meh. It's just fighting aliens, nothing new or interesting, so agreed.

I do encourage you to play some Zeldas. If any, give Wind Waker or Skyward Sword a try. I feel like they're a little different in the fantasy aspect than the others. It's not standard Dark Age fantasy in other words. I'd understand if you didn't, however.

Personally, I think you should give zelda a try, don't even buy the game, just go watch a lets-play of wind waker or skyward sword

Hell even look at this if you want: 

'>

Creepy as fudge, and very metaphorical if you think about it. 

Got me entertained!

Honestly, I won't buy it.

The Pirate Bay is your friend. haha

On the subject of that, another unpopular opinion from me:

- I think piracy is great. Gives some people the chance to try before they buy.

I've pirated numerous things, from games to movies.

However, If I enjoy them, I will delete the pirate copy and purchase the goods.

I know some people do pirate everything they can but eh, I like to support companies I like.

Telltale's The Walking Dead is not an interactive story.

It's more like: It's time to choose between A or B. Oh, you chose A? Sorry, we're still going with B.

2003 TMNT (Season 1 - 5) > all of 1987 TMNT,

Nikolai isn't funny.

TES: Skyrim is this generation's most overhyped and worst game sequel.

I fully agree with Yves Guillemot that a long console lifespan is bad for the gaming industry.

Telltale's The Walking Dead is not an interactive story.

It's more like: It's time to choose between A or B. Oh, you chose A? Sorry, we're still going with B.

Yep

2003 TMNT (Season 1 - 5) > all of 1987 TMNT,

Ok

Nikolai isn't funny.

YOU SICK SPAWN OF SATAN!

TES: Skyrim is this generation's most overhyped and worst game sequel.

Truest thing I've heard all year...

I fully agree with Yves Guillemot that a long console lifespan is bad for the gaming industry.

Yes but nintendo doesn't need to know that…. 

As much as I enjoy Telltale's games, there really is no difference between most of the choices.

The result is the same in the end.

Here's some opinions on the Walking Dead game itself. Spoilered for spoilers.

Not unpopular, but Kenny was a bro.

Duck wasn't as annoying as everyone makes him out to be.

Christa or whatever her name was was a b*tch. I know she was pregnant, but still.

It's bullshit how the man in the end hates you if you take the supplies from the van or not.

SEASON 2:

While I liked Kenny coming back, it really was stupid how he did. There was no way out of that alley.

Luke, while a nice guy, is being forced into being the "new Lee."

I would prefer Clementine to hang around Nick more than Luke.

Now I realize how bad my choices in Season 2 were and I want to fix them but I also want to do a clean playthrough just on my instincts.

I loved Ghosts' campaign. I'm sorry, but it just had me sucked right into the world. A campaign to me has nothing to do with "sup3r c001 w34p0n5" or amazing graphics, a campaign should be nearly entirely focused on the story. You need to feel like every action you take affects the story, not a whole kill enemy here, throw beastly beefed up guy here to enthral the players...

That said, Ghosts sucked me in. I really felt emotionally attached to Logan, and when that ending came, I would never sleep right again knowing that IW were not making a sequel to Ghosts (but it can't be called Ghosts 2, that sounds terrible, something more like Call of Duty: Phantoms would work much better)

I found TWD to be quite disturbing in the 2nd episode of season 1. THE LEGS!

I hate playing on large TVs. I prefer monitors.

I also just have to sit on a chair that's not a lounge when I play, else I feel strange.

I will play any Pokémon game to completion no matter how bad it is.

I'd actually agree with that, with the exception of TranZit.

I think it has it's moments, and if you really, (really, really, really) try you can make it enjoyable.

But I do classify it as bad.

Otherwise, I think BO2 did a better job in map making than BO1 for the most part.

How they set up the menu system, and the weapons they may have put in may not be the best, but the maps themselves are.

I despise Call of the Dead, I find it to be the most poorly made, badly constructed and ridiculous map ever made by the Cod Zombies team, there is nothing redeeming or interesting about the map, and the Celebs are boring as characters.

Awards