Do keys respawn?

I read something about them respawning, but it was not on that topic, just mentioned.

So, do they respawn?

I usually just carry one that i never use before i quit the game anyway. They won't save you if you are trapped, the best use that i can figure is to bring pap back for convenience, or if it leaves with your gun maybe. But anyway, knowledge is power, so i may as well be sure.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Short answer: yes they do. Only two can be on the map at one time, this includes the time when the elevator is being called.

Really? I've seen four keys initially when dropping down the lobby elevator. As far as respawning goes, I've never actually seen them reappear. Maybe it's because the only way to get back if via Trample Steam (if you took the elevator)?

Thanks people.

You can trample steam back up, or use a key just before the jump point in that hall to make the elevator go back to the start room.

If you send the elevator back up, just make sure to pick any other part, that you might have had, back up.

• 1 month later...

Hmm. I did some testing. Currently, there always seems to be 4 keys solo and they seem to respawn, but I'm not sure at what rate.

Every time that i went there, there were several, i would take one, send the elevator back up, then grab another.

I don't know if that varies in mp or custom games.

Edit: actually, since it was Die Rise, i may have been playing custom, not solo.

I play solo if the map changes for solo, like origins first generator giving x2 instead of ZB. So, in Die Rise, where solo is no different, i would normally play custom so a friend could join if they got on. So, most likely this was a custom game that i played.

Edited by 83457

I'm pretty sure they respawn and there are always 4 in that hallway. It's meant to be a shortcut that you can keep using, as long as you send the elevator back up. 

A great use for the keys is in doing the EE elevator step. If you get that one pesky elevator that seems to be off, the key can help to sync it up. Or all 4 players can grab keys and try to sync them all up initially, but this could take a bit of fine-tuning, since the elevator entry points are on different floors.