Zombification Discussion Thread

Slade

I don't think you understand, actually. The only reason I mentioned it here is because the discussion and userbars are nearly wrapped up, but discussion is still continuing about whether we use tallies, bottles, or shields. It was a reiteration of my suggestion for those and how they could work with post count. I do seem to remember....

What I would like to start seeing if you can. is userbar plus 1 tally, 2 tallys, 3 tallys and so forth and then userbar and 1 perk bottle, 2 perk bottles and so forth and then userbar and 1 shield / hud, 2, shields / hud and so forth.

This will give us a chance to implement them to see how they look. If you can do that, that would be great.

So, this makes me think using separate images with the same userbar but a different amount of tallies, bottles, shields means HW is exploring a way to make that progression that I mention work (at least that's what would make sense to me). Though thanks very much for being all up on my ____. Love ya Grill.  ;)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

I really like the fonts and images, looks very well done. I think the final one should either be "Announcer" or "Ancient Evil" as opposed to "Zombie God" but that's just me. What're the bottles/perk HUDs/tally's supposed to represent, if implemented?

The Ancient Evil is just one of the four Announcers. And we mentioned earlier, there really isn't an official title of any sort for it. Announcer, controller, whatever. But Zombie God is a title I think that fits with their level of power, so I think it fits for an ultimate rank. Much better than becoming an announcer. Top rank on zombies being the NFL or something?

• Administrators

There's no official title, but that hasn't stopped us before, has it? We've used many different names for in-game things that aren't directly named. Personally, I don't want to see Zombie God because if we're basing it off of characters, which we appear to be, than that's misleading. They don't have to be a Zombie to reach the level of power we're referring. They aren't a Zombie God, they're just a god, so I'd prefer to see something different.

Because we're still not sure on the exact total number of ranks, that's still being figured out, Grill.

Will have it up soon.

Gotcha. I really like the 15 you have in the list in the OP, feels perfect. Once we get it figured out and all in the OP, we can disable the poll and we'll pin the thread - to forever be a reference.
  • Administrators

Tac, if you're going to reject the title, are you not even going to suppose a better alternative? I know of none.

Rissole, Nikolai is the only sentient being who calls them cosmonauts. They're called Astronaut Zombies, or Astro-Zombies for short.

One could call it Overlord, Controller of Worlds, or even god if we so felt it necessary. Heck, you could combine some and call it God of Worlds. Any of them are more fitting than Zombie God, in my opinion, but I'm not too worried, we have many options.
  • Administrators

I can make the same argument against "Zombie Overlord" that I did against "Zombie God", I think it's important to switch the two words and place 'of' in between them. Therefore, I don't mind "God of Zombies" or "Overlord of Zombies", but I think the former is more fitting as it displays the true essence of the character to a greater extent. I like the usage of God and Zombies, I just think we had it in the wrong order the whole time and never realized it! :)

Rissole, Nikolai is the only sentient being who calls them cosmonauts. They're called Astronaut Zombies, or Astro-Zombies for short.

I'm only saying it because its probably easier to change the Astro-Zombie text to Cosmonaut, than change the Cosmonaut userbar to Astro-Zombie than uploading it.

They're both acceptable terms IMO, it's just that every other userbar text matches the rank text underneath it as far as I can tell. Just think they should be the same personally.

Whatever is chosen for the last rank, an image of the MPD could be shown as the userbar? Or perhaps an image of a red eyed, blue eyed, yellow eyed and orange eyed zombie?

So a few ideas I had.  Take them with a grain of salt.

1.  I like to judge hierarchy by "awesomeness" of the title/boss.  So for me, Napalm Zombie would be moved up.  Dude was just a monster coming at you.  When he got his premiere in the Shangri-la trailer, he was pimp walking like "What up son you want some of this?"  He's at least 8 for me.

2.  I thought "Gas Zombies" were "GK Nova 6 Crawlers", or "Nova 6 Crawlers."  Beware of the 6.  I mean I thought that was a widely decided name.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

3.  I think that it wouldn't be bad to have one as "Controller" with Richtofen on one side, Maxis on one side, and a black outline of a man in the middle depicting the unknown entity who also seems to have control at times.  Screw Samantha :P

5.  Will userbars only be for enemies?  What about userbars for Teddy or a Monkey Bomb (yes I know who would grab that first)?

• Administrators
2.  I thought "Gas Zombies" were "GK Nova 6 Crawlers", or "Nova 6 Crawlers."  Beware of the 6.  I mean I thought that was a widely decided name.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think they are just going off what the characters referred to them as. Although, (keep in mind I never spent a lot of time reviewing these quotes) was the Napalm Zombie ever officially identified as such? Not that I have ever been a stickler for zombie names given by the community. Just making a point.

I think they are just going off what the characters referred to them as. Although, (keep in mind I never spent a lot of time reviewing these quotes) was the Napalm Zombie ever officially identified as such? Not that I have ever been a stickler for zombie names given by the community. Just making a point.

Just looked it up and yes they're identified as Napalm (Zombies) in-game.

So a few ideas I had.  Take them with a grain of salt.

1.  I like to judge hierarchy by "awesomeness" of the title/boss.  So for me, Napalm Zombie would be moved up.  Dude was just a monster coming at you.  When he got his premiere in the Shangri-la trailer, he was pimp walking like "What up son you want some of this?"  He's at least 8 for me.

5.  Will userbars only be for enemies?  What about userbars for Teddy or a Monkey Bomb (yes I know who would grab that first)?

1. The current hierachy is based on a number of variables.

It's a mix between how 'intelligent', 'dangerous' and 'complex' the enemy is.

So for instance, while the Pentagon Thief doesn't do any physical damage, it forces players to adapt a different strategy in order to succesfully deal with him.

That's why he's higher on the list than the Napalm Zombie.

5. For the moment, yes. 

Even with 15 ranks, we have to exclude a number of bosses.

We could consider Monkey Bombs, but then we also kind of have to look at Gersch Devices and Matryoshka Dolls, as they're all in the same category.

• Administrators

Just wanted to say after noticing the userbars about the site, I think they look really good

Only I have a question, are the names used in the userbars going be changed or are they set as they are now?

They aren't set I don't think, they can be changed if necessary.

Thanks for making these. :3

Glad to see you're enjoying them.

Just wanted to say after noticing the userbars about the site, I think they look really good

Only I have a question, are the names used in the userbars going be changed or are they set as they are now?

Thanks, and yes I can easily change them if necesssary.

For instance, I'm not 100% happy with George Romero's so I'm redesigning it.

And we're still undecided on what to call the final God-like rank.