Zombification Discussion Thread

Slade

Thanks, DBZ!
Btw, the third head is in the middle, MMX.

I've incorporated the feedback and updated the list.

Tier 1: Human

Tier 2: Zombie

Tier 3: Space Monkey, Monkey Zombie, Denizen of the Forest

Tier 4: Hellhound, Gas Zombie, Ghost Lady / Sarah

Tier 5: Shrieker Zombie, Phasing Zombie, Pentagon Thief

Tier 6: Napalm Zombie, Jumping Jack, "Him" / Avogadro

Tier 7: Astro-Zombie / Cosmonaut, Brutus, Panzer Soldat

Tier 8: Cerberus / Beast, Giants, George Romero

Tier 9: Agarthan Zombie

Tier 10: Ancient Evil, Samantha Maxis, Edward Richtofen, Ludvig Maxis

I think we're nearly there.

I agree with Boom that Sarah fits better in the fourth tier.
Giants may not be  'enemies' but Humans aren't either.
So they shouldn't be excluded, IMO.

I'll have a chat with Lithium so we can continue our work.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

MMX: Craig told me multi-tiers that allow a choice of rank is not possible. It could be done, but would require a large amount of coding that we are not sure how to accomplish, nor do we know if it affects other system codes/mods. We are settling for simplicity at the moment. If we can learn of doing multi-tiers, then we'll see to it.

Glad to see that everyone is liking these! Slade did a terrific job whipping up some of these (and his rendering puts mine to shame haha). Also, the list is starting to fit nicely.

Tier 4: Hellhound, Gas Zombie, Ghost Lady / Sarah

Tier 6: Napalm Zombie, Jumping Jack, "Him" / Avogadro

Tier 8: Cerberus / Beast, Giants, George Romero

Just to throw in my 2 cents

I think I think George Romero, Sarah Faraday and Cerberus sound the best for there respective ranks (if it is possible to fit the names in), but do agree that Sarah belongs at tier 4 rather than 8. "Him" would also be my preferred name.

I also think the giant (Robot) should be included somewhere as he is a very iconic entity in Origins and I think he looks good in the userbar. I would definitely like it as a high rank.

• Tech Admin

@MurderMachineX

I was told then it wouldn't be possible, so I dropped it and went with the tier list Rissole made.

Well, technically speaking that's not true, I said it was not possible  previously, it is. It's just not automated. After further checks, manual intervention would be required to change the text, to whatever it was that was being requested. It would be on a per user basis, rather than a per group basis (which is what I thought it was).

0e9dece0af848c35ccf426db3654e89f.png

I mean, I guess that could work. You would personally have to set up a thread to take the requests though. What about the userbars, are they changeable to the respective group? And what would the default list be (it's got to automatically change to something)?

Regarding Denizen, I think it's full name is way to long to fit. If you somehow made it fit, the font would be smaller or the background picture would be covered.

I think everything is good though. Those userbars and pictures are so good Slade and Infest. :)

I've put a poll up to see which bosses people like to see become a reality.

You can vote on more than one, unfortunately I can't set a limit on how many you can place your vote on.

So please, limit yourself to three.

We'll see which one's are popular, and work from there.

I know we still haven't decided on just how many total ranks there will be, but that doesn't mean we can't continue working.

Anyway, cast your votes, everyone  :)

• Administrators

I've put a poll up to see which bosses people like to see become a reality.

You can vote on more than one, unfortunately I can't set a limit on how many you can place your vote on.

So please, limit yourself to three.

We'll see which one's are popular, and work from there.

I know we still haven't decided on just how many total ranks there will be, but that doesn't mean we can't continue working.

Anyway, cast your votes, everyone  :)

You should have people vote as many times as there are ranks. Do you have an exact number set?

@Boom

We don't. That's the problem.

I'm taking into account 10 - 12 at the moment.

And that's almost as many as there are available options.

@MMX

That was done deliberately.

You'll notice that I've only put forward bosses that were added with the whole 'multiple selectable titles per tier' in mind. (Space Monkeys, Regular Zombie Monkeys)

Ranks which we already know will be realized (like Zombie God, Human, Zombie) don't need to be in the poll.

It works either way. You're just rephrasing the question.

• Tech Admin

What I would like to start seeing if you can. is userbar plus 1 tally, 2 tallys, 3 tallys and so forth and then userbar and 1 perk bottle, 2 perk bottles and so forth and then userbar and 1 shield / hud, 2, shields / hud and so forth.

This will give us a chance to implement them to see how they look. If you can do that, that would be great.

• Tech Admin

If you can, implementing them as two separate images is going to require a bit of editing in the code, which isn't impossible (actually fairly straight forward) to do but I would rather not do this. To much editing of the original source file becomes a pain in the rear end come upgrade time or security patch time.

• Administrators

Rank images have been uploaded. Note that they are only temporary until we can get the other ranks in. Tallies/perk shields/perk bottles/whatever will be implemented when a consensus about which image to use is made. Until then, enjoy your new ranks. ;)

Edit: The only missing rank is Zombie God. For those who have >5,000 posts, I apologize for your image-less rank. 

Nice! 

I've updated the OP, adding in all the ranks we currently have. (and those damn, dirty apes)

Also updated the tier list. 

We're now looking at 15 ranks. 

Not sure yet how the perks will come into play, but we're working on it.

We also have something special in mind for some of the top ranks.

Enjoy!

Just to reiterate my suggestion regardless of which we choose from (tallies, bottles, shields). I'll refer to them as Icons for the time being...

Only use 10 total and divide by the total number of posts within the Tier. I'll go ahead and do the math based on a Tier structure similar to one suggested earlier, but reworked to be easier mathematically

01-10 = 1 Icon per post
10-30 = 1 Icon per 3 posts
30-80 = 1 Icon per 5 posts
80-140 = 1 Icon per 6 posts
140-210 = 1 Icon per 7 posts
210-510 = 1 Icon per 30 posts
510-1000 = 1 Icon per 50 posts
1000-1600 = 1 Icon per 60 posts
1600-2300 = 1 Icon per 70 posts
2300-3200 = 1 Icon per 90 posts
3200-5000 = 1 Icon per 180 posts
5000 = Full perks constantly

Eternal, I think that's way over complicating. Either that or I simply don't understand lol. Also that tallies/bottles/shields conversation is in the "zombification" thread - this is just for the user bars (to avoid confusion).

Looks awesome guys. Seriously badass.