Slade

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

That's how a typical ranking system related to posts originally work, Eternal. We could add several more ranks in between said gaps to give our CoDz veterans several titles to achieve, but the point is all about objective: the more posts you have, the harder it is to achieve a heavier title thus you really have to put your best posting hands in the pot.

Updated: All ranks have been presented a title. "Cosmonaut" has been renamed to "Astro Zombie" and the Final Rank has been given the "Announcer" title.

@Eternal it's a progressive system. As your rank increases, so does the # of posts required to advance.

@Tac I like your list, but for right now I think having the final rank at 5000+ with 15 ranks in total is enough.

No one has passed 10 000+ posts as of yet and with this being the off-season I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I can definitely see this getting an overhaul when it's Treyarch's turn again though.

Thanks for the feedback, friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh my bad!  I was on my tablet, and for some reason it wouldn't display those.

Okay so, we need a Brutus one.  and then on top of that, we need to match the correct post counts to the correct userbars.  For instance, I should be Pentagon Thief according to the OP.

• Administrators

@Tac I like your list, but for right now I think having the final rank at 5000+ with 15 ranks in total is enough.

No one has passed 10 000+ posts as of yet and with this being the off-season I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Understandable. My only concern is that as the final tier, I felt it should be something that's difficult to obtain and that only a few will get, even if the site is online for years to come. Some members have it, some are coming up on it, and obviously, the more that people have it, the less prestigious it is. I think that it's not unreasonable to think that before we know it, more people will be Zombie God and it's just another title. That's why I suggested 10,000, because it would be truly special and equally as rare. While it may not be happening anytime soon, I believe now would be a better time than any to implement it, as we're already going through this process of implementation.

Yeah, I mean we could always add heros after the enemies, for the higher rank counts. It can be an ongoing discussion, but I think we should implement what we have and then work from there - in the interest of moving on to other projects.

@Tac

I hear you.

Don't know if this is plausible, but we could have the final rank require not only a high amount of total posts, but also a minimal X number of brains supplied to that person before the rank becomes 'unlocked'.

@TAMB

Announcer is just an alias we chose for Zombie God.

Like GRILL said, right now we're focusing on finishing and implementing our current vision.

We can always change things around after the foundation is fully completed and implemented.

I'm always open to new ideas.

Also I've made countless Zombification Bars that I've never uploaded.

I might post them in the OP under concept/scrapped ideas.

@Tac

I hear you.

Don't know if this is plausible, but we could have the final rank require not only a high amount of total posts, but also a minimal X number of brains supplied to that person before the rank becomes 'unlocked'.

@TAMB

Announcer is just an alias we chose for Zombie God.

Like GRILL said, right now we're focusing on finishing and implementing our current vision.

We can always change things around after the foundation is fully completed and implemented.

I'm always open to new ideas.

Also I've made countless Zombification Bars that I've never uploaded.

I might post them in the OP under concept/scrapped ideas.

I have an idea.What if it went zombies god (announcer) then at the next indicator zombies god(maxis) then richtofen and finally samantha?get rid of the tallies and perk bottles?

@tamb: We scrapped the tallies/perk bottles in general. We already have a post count #, and that should be fine for now. I think what's most important is to go with what we have, and then keep an ongoing discussion on how we can add and better it.

@slade: I actually think making brains a requirement for the final few tiers is super smart. Let me mull over that and I'll get back to you.

@TAMB

We've avoided putting Maxis, Richtofen and Samantha in the ranks because we wanted the final rank to be more special and personal oriented to the person who earned it.

Once you get 5000 posts, you are the Announcer. Not Richtofen, or Maxis.

@GRILL

Awesome! 

Alright.What about shields?Why are there two different zombie gods?

All this discussion we will both be zombie gods by the time its finalizedxD

TAMB!!!  no perk bottles, no tallies, no shields - we scrapped the whole idea.

Zombie God = Announcer.  There were multiples because we were deciding on what the most appropriate name was.

DAMMIT MAN we are trying to finalize this - please read all 7 pages before asking questions, most of your answers will be there.