Zombification Discussion Thread

Slade

Current Status

- Working on getting the tier list implemented correctly.

- Putting the finishing touches on some designs.

- Re-designing Romero and Panzer Soldat.

- Brutus will be added soon.

Hi everyone, Slade here.

Zombification is an indication of how many posts a registered member on CoDZ has made so far.  (It's our fancy word for Post Rank)

As a member makes more posts, their Zombification Level will rise.

Your Zombification level is displayed on your member profile, right underneath your avatar -  throughout the forum.

Currently, there are 15 Automated Levels plus 5 levels that have additional requirements and can thus only be handed out by staff. 

That gives us 20 levels in total. 

Tier List

261gnqo_th.jpg  (0 - 25) 

1z1a1wl_th.jpg (25 - 75)   

z003.jpg (75 - 150) 

28mcth3_th.jpg(150 - 300)   

4hz8tt.jpg(300 - 500)  

z005.jpg(500 - 750)  

5b82e_th.jpg(750 - 1000)  

313k2h3_th.jpg(1000 - 1500)  

z007.jpg(1500 - 2000)  

5zqusk_th.jpg(2000 - 2500)  

maawjs_th.jpg(2500 - 3000)  

1551dog_th.jpg(3000 - 3500)  

1em1bl_th.jpg(3500 - 4000)  

forum_ranks-8.png (4000 - 4500)

voaiyh_th.jpg(4500 - 5000(+))  

[TAKEO] (5000+ posts, + 50 brains)  

[NIKOLAI] (6000+ posts, + 100 brains)  

[DEMPSEY] (7000+ posts, + 200 brains)  

[RICHTOFEN] (8000+ posts, + 400 brains)  

9kmpdw.jpg   (10 0000+ posts + 800 brains)  

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm actually in favour of these over the rest now, just one small problem and that's the size of the text - any chance of sending me one of them to put up to see how it looks?

I'll PM you.

Anyone else having problems with the font size? To me it's quite clear. 

If so we can just easily change it to something else.

The font we use is Visitor TT1 BRK. The same one that's used in normal userbars.

Unfortunately, it only supports font size 10.

Can we replace "Zombie God" with the Giant one? I noticed it wasn't on the list at any stage.

Overall, I agree. However, should we possibly swap Napalm Zombie & Him around? I think Napalm's are much harder than the Him...

I was thinking of changing 'Zombie God' to either '[Zombie / Demonic / Demon] Announcer' or 'Ancient Evil'.

We can swap them around. I do think Avogadros are more harder to kill and certainly more rare than Napalm Zombies, so that's why I think it's higher on the list.

I know it's not final, but I believe more ranks need to be added to fit with the perks. I think it's nearly done being decided though.

I'm not sure if it should be called Cerberus or Beast. I mean like it obviously is Cerberus, or a reference to it, but I don't think it's mentioned in-game or in files.

Could you guys do the Cosmonaut as well? That's the only noticeable one missing I believe.

I'm fine with the graphics and font though. Director looks different because its red, like its special. Perhaps different coloured font could be used for the last 3 zombie ranks.

I like the list though agree 'Zombie God' should be 'Zombie Announcer' or 'Demonic Announcer' or, idk, hard name to decide on.

How are you making these? As I have no idea on graphic design. Are you using official screenshots & resizing them and then adding the individual model over the top?

Everyone wants to be

Samantha_zpsa82b6b9e.png

• Tech Admin

Can we get a list of the userbars with the tally's underneath and then a the same with the perk bottles and then again with the perk huds.

So whatever userbar is 1st, with a the first perk bottle/perk hud in the center and then in the middle and then working through to the last one, with 2 perks under the userbar working from center out and from the left to the right and so forth all the way to the last.

They may need to be stacked but I'm thinking the userbar and perks would work better as one combined image rather than two seperate images.

• Administrators

2l95gsl.jpg 330ws3d.jpg nycocw.jpg

These are how they look side-by-side.

Apart from the discussion of bottles vs tallies vs shields, the title bars will look great in that bit font. I understand it's a tad small to read, but worst come to shove, we'll use a different font for it. Rankings can be pre-determined based off power and level of "zombification strength" like MMX said. Also PINNAZ, I would love to be a little German girl. ;)

fxuuyx.jpg

Here is the cosmonaut image.

They all look REALLY good! Hard to decide to be honest.

I also posted the Mob of the Dead & Origins Tally Marks in the other thread. These look a little more creative.

1DC01325-79CD-486D-B3A0-9E5DE155D2FD_zps

542E63D2-F52D-4058-8586-EDBC89E48646_zps

88AD75EF-5945-46C8-A67F-EBFB8A8F06F9_zps

C7C0BDE3-32C0-47E8-BEC2-B6BC35ECE20F_zps

B38F31AB-047D-48CC-BA3C-CD16CEED23C7_zps

Oh, and I love that my profile is being used as the guinea pig.

maawjs.jpg

Here's another one.

And I updated the list a little bit.

Human             (01 -10 posts)
Zombie             (10 -25 posts)
Denizen             (25 -50 posts)
Gas Zombie       (50 - 100 posts)
Hellhound          (100 - 250 posts)
Napalm Zombie (250 - 500 posts)
"Him"                (500 - 1000 posts)
Thief                 (1000 - 2000 posts)
Cosmonaut       (2000 - 3000 posts)
Panzer Soldat  (3000 - 4000 posts)
Cerberus         (4000 - 5000 posts)
Zombie God     (5000 + posts)

I know it's not final, but I believe more ranks need to be added to fit with the perks. I think it's nearly done being decided though.

I'm not sure if it should be called Cerberus or Beast. I mean like it obviously is Cerberus, or a reference to it, but I don't think it's mentioned in-game or in files.

Could you guys do the Cosmonaut as well? That's the only noticeable one missing I believe.

I'm fine with the graphics and font though. Director looks different because its red, like its special. Perhaps different coloured font could be used for the last 3 zombie ranks.

How many ranks are we now looking at?

I'm in favor of Cerberus. I know it's not mentioned in the files or anything, but that also applies to the Agarthan Zombies.

Beast seems a little generic for something so high up in the list.

I forgot the Cosmonaut, my bad.

I did a little test with different colors for the Director.

I'm thinking of ways to give the final ranks something special to make them truly stand out.

How are you making these? As I have no idea on graphic design. Are you using official screenshots & resizing them and then adding the individual model over the top?

Yes. We use in-game screenshots and then resize them to fit the bars.

I only use official screenshots if I must.

So for the pentagon thief for instance I simply started up my game and took multiple screenshots of him. 

Then I chose one for the background, and one where you can see the (boss) thief clearly.

Lastly I cut out the thief and place him on the background image.

2i72q82.jpg

I love these bars!

That's good to hear!

As I stated in the other thread, I think the hierarchy needs an overhaul.

Human: Traditionally our starter for stuff like this. Human is the absolute lowest level of zombie, in that it isn't even one… yet. New members who join and do nothing will have the status equivalent to nothing.

Zombie: At rank 2, users now rate on the scale of the infected. A basic but necessary step in ranking up. It wouldn't be Zombies without zombies.

Space Monkey: More challenging than basic zombies, but they are one of the weakest "special" foes. It fits that a low rank would be a "darn dirty monkey".

Monkey Zombie: Grill and I spoke and advocated the idea that at certain ranks you should be able to choose out of multiple titles. I have no idea why you just completely ignored it. Monkey Zombie is another variant of monkey and zombie, therefore it ranks alongside Space Monkey.

Denizen of the Forest: Not actually a monkey, but of the same small build and ease-to-kill as the monkeys. You just have Denizen by the way. It is Denizen of the Forest. Make it fit.

H*llhound: A respectably decent candidate. H*llhounds are loved and hated by many, and they are a bit of a staple in the classic levels.

Gas Zombie: Since they've appeared time and time again, it'd be a shame not to include this guy's evolution in a hierarchy chart.

Shrieker Zombie: These things can be quite deadly when you aren't prepared.

Phasing Zombie: As evolutions of the Gas Zombie, it makes sense that they would be the option immediately following.

Pentagon Thief: Who could ever forget this guy? Frustrating yet exciting.

Napalm Zombie: Naturally this would be one step up from Shrieker Zombie, as this guy was a lot more menacing and bulky.

Jumping Jack: The final evolution of the Gas Zombie line, and the most threatening as well. I died so much from these guys yesterday.

"Him": A unique entity that can kill, but not as easily as some of the higher ups.

Astro-Zombie: Here is where we get into the real deadly stuff. This guy is death of most Moon players worldwide. Breakdance!

Brutus: Big guy who beats you up but only wants what is best for you. How kind. Also known as Stanley Ferguson. I suggest using the name Brutus though, as that is the name he goes by in his big form.

Panzer Soldat: Another one of the big soldier bosses. He can be quite deadly too. Really though, he wouldn't be so bad if it weren't the hundreds of zombies he makes you run into.

Cerberus: Rank 8 is filled with only named characters. That's how high of a rank you are. The first choice, Cerberus, is a prestigious one for his mythological status. I suggest calling him Cerberus, not the Beast. They are both acceptable names, but in all honesty, Cerberus would just be so much cooler and specific. By the way, your image only shows two of his heads. Three heads is kiiinda his thing.

Sarah Faraday: Can be quite threatening if you don't know what you're looking for. Tragic figure too. And her name is Sarah Faraday. Don't give me that crap "Oh but that name isn't in the game!" You know what is also NOT in the game? Ghost Lady. Ghost. Lady. Mistress. Purple Lady. Mansion Lady. Mansion Ghost. Mansion Mistress. Stop coming up with this conjecture and just put her real name. Not only is it correct, but CoDz is supposed to be a place of enlightenment with Zombies. It will look more professional for us to use her name. And then other users who see it will question it, look into it here, and then be astounded.

George Romero: Similar to the other ones. Big and difficult to kill (a million health!) And you get the prestige of creating the modern zombie myth. And he isn't simply just a "director".

Agarthan Zombie: It converges at 9, for at 9, you are no longer just not human, you are alien. I was a little against this one at first, but then I remember that they weren't just a race of zombies but they have special and strange effects, like with the Generators. Definitely a good penultimate stage.

Zombie God: Don't listen to what those people said. This is the best final option you can get. Not Giant Robot. The Giant Robots ARE NOT ENEMIES AT ALL. They just walk around on autopilot. They are no more enemies than you are the enemy of an ant you happen to step on and not even notice. The Zombie Gods are the masters, leaders, and controllers of every enemy you face. THEY are the ultimate stage. We've used the term Zombie God a lot, I don't see why anyone is shocked. It is certainly a lot more theatrical than just putting "Controller". And putting Zombie God allows generality and not forcing someone's hand with Richtofen or Samantha or whatever their favorite isn't. Simply have for the image four panels of the Ancient Evil, Samantha Maxis, Edward Richtofen, and Ludvig Maxis. This option is also better than allowing people to choose which controller you are, for it'd be kinda weird to have a 10-year-old girl's face on my profile to be honest… > . > So instead you get all four, which is definitely Rank 10.

• Administrators

@MMX I think Cerberus is most definitely appropriate at rank eight, as its “strength” can be based off the number of the zombies required to satisfy the challenge.  However I don’t agree that Polter-witch-ghost-mansion-lady (kidding) is on the same level as George Romero. Yes, she duplicates herself; but so do the hellhounds (not quite to the same degree, but you get where I’m going). I think she would be a better fit in rank four. Also to your point on The Giants, how do they differ from Cerberus at all? If you don’t intend on obtaining the Hell’s Retriever then they are nothing more than a head on a well. I would just like to know your reasoning, as you typically have an answer. :)

The only other issue I have is with ranking them by difficulty. What happens when new adversaries are introduced in the next installment? Or are will this be finalized and never updated again?

That picture of the "FIVE" thief is awesome Slade. You make some great art. Gotta love PC Mods for screenshots!

Lucky we are all married Boom!

@

I like your list & the order too. I understand it's a tier that we are building so an order can be difficult. I still like the use of how they are introduced into the game though.

On another note. So you're completely against calling "HIM" - Avogadro, even though that is printed in the games guide book & is the file name, yet you are deadest certain on calling the "Ghost Lady that appears in Buried" - Sarah Faraday? A name that you determined because there are pictures of Michael Faraday that also appear in Buried? So obviously that must be his wife?

Why couldn't it be William (Buffalo Bill) Cody' wife Louise Frederici

0b540374-dc9f-48cd-a12e-62bfd7a69c37.jpg

Buffalo Bills picture appears in Buried too. It just seems to be a bit of a contradiction to be so against one thing & so for the other.

@MurderMachineX

Thanks for the list and input, MMX.

I didn't forget about the alternative titles.

I believe I was the first person to bring forward the idea of being able to choose from (3) different titles once you unlocked the next tier.

I was told then it wouldn't be possible, so I dropped it and went with the tier list Rissole made.

Denizen noted. I'll change it around and see if it fits better.

@Boom

Hahaha.

We'll see how they stack up against the rest.

I don't see why we can't change the list at a later date.

@MrPINNAZ

Thanks! It was a real pain to get a good shot of him. 

I'm not married yet :-(

Sarah Faraday? Her real name is Sarah Barnard.

She never changed her name after getting married.

@Boom: I disagree. If I am a H*llhound, I am a singular demonic dog. If I am Sarah, then I am an entire army of ghosts. See the difference? The difference between a bunch of dogs and a bunch of her is that the whole army is a singular character. As for Cerberus, if you get too close he bites you. He also works for the Ancient Evil and is thus… evil. As for new enemies, I would like to believe that we would update this in the future. There could be an update saying the new ranking system, no different than the new medal thread. In fact, I think it would have to be updated if you wanted to include future releases, for simply tacking them on the end would be just tacky.

@PINNAZ: Order of introduction has no value to it. People want power. It is human nature. Achieving a rank of power would help people post more. Not just get to the newer thing. And for the other thing, yes. "Him" is called in-game as "Him". Therefore that name takes precedent over any other name. Code file names are not accepted, or we would call Cerberus "dream catchers" or the Wunderwaffe "tesla". You can choose to believe that the code name means something but that IS NOT his name. I don't even believe that to be honest. Avogadro. Please. Why don't we just call him 6.02214129 x 10^23? Meanwhile, Sarah has NO official name in game. None whatsoever. So what do we call her? We call her the name that we know to be true, not some conjecture word used as a name.

​She is a widow wearing widow's clothing. She lives in a mansion mourning her husband. In the mansion, there are four life-size portraits of her husband. I don't care how much a fan you are of him, four life-size colored portraits are not something a mere fan has. The mansion was a home of his, and she was his wife. This explains how the town of Buried had a power grid, due to Michael's technology. Honestly, I shouldn't even need to mention this, as it is pretty universally accepted. Even when it isn't accepted, there is no alternative claim. So we should just call her her name.

@Slade: Who told you it wasn't possible? I was told that it was. And yes, Sarah did change her name after she married. It was the custom back in her era. Bernard was just her maiden name. Regardless of her opinions of it, the status quo of her name was Sarah Faraday.