New Perk Idea's

So I was thinking about perk idea's for future zombies. One idea was something like the Pack-A-Punch, I know alot of people made a name up for it. It would be called the Perk-A-Punch. I was thinking it would be a machine where you enter it and it takes your perk and give you a new one. But I also came up with a new perk idea! It's called The Mixer or The Bartender it mixes perks! Like if you mix Double-Tap with Speed-Cola you would get something called Gunslinger. You can mix two to four perks together, I could only think of one mixed perk. Comment more mixed perks ideas!! Also maybe you could also upgrade the mixed perks!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The upgraded perk Idea has been raised more times then any other idea I know on this site. 

And it all boils down to the same thing: 

- Upgraded perks would be too OP.

So the best way to go around this is to tell EXACTLY how each perk would be upgraded and more importantly: HOW. 

One should NOT be able to just PURCHASE an upgraded perk…. That's too easy… 

Here's my accumulation of ideas: 

-Jug: Can not be upgraded…. Ever… 

-Quick revive: In multiplayer it allows one to revive themselves like in solo. In solo it can not be upgraded. 

-Double tap: Goes from regular Double tap, to double tap 2.0

Speed cola: Swaps weapons faster

Stamin-up: Increases actual sprint ability

PHD: Dolphin dive explosion hight requirement is reduced by a lot.

Deadshot: Collateral head shots will give you your amo back as well as do double damage.

Mule kick: 4 weapons

Electric Cherry: Grenades now cause electric shocks as well. 

Vultures Aid: Bigger drop amounts and ability to see zombie eyes through walls

Also you should not be able to purchase these perks, you should have to EARN your upgrade. 

As for mixing the perks. That wouldn't work, as it basically would increase your max perk amount to 7 total, (mix the first 2, mix 3 and 4, you now have two open perk slots you can use to mix 5 and 6, leaving you with a single 7left over) and given there are normally 5-8 perks on a regular map. It's not balanced, and would be WAY too Op. 

• 1 month later...

I have a couple perk ideas.

Halfback Hotsauce - It allows you to run through a horde of zombies while taking little damage. This is good for when you get cornered or need to get to a door to buy. It would cost 1900 pints. The color is a redish orange.

Cola Clone- This perk allows you to make a clone of your character to distract the zombies. It lasts 30 seconds. To activate it you have to push down on the d-pad. It will show a outline of a body. This perk has to recharge. It would cost 2400 points. It sounds like call a clone.

Electric Zipper- Zipper is another name for jello shot. It makes it so when you shoot a zombie it electrocutes it, but it electrocutes any zombies around it. It is a purple color. It costs 2000 pints.

Edited by MonkeyBomb97

stop mocking me. With zombie knight115's idea it actually would fill all the spots cause there are different combinations you could do.

juggernog + stamin-up

juggernog + double tap

juggernog + phd flopper

juggernog + quick revive

juggernog + speed cola

juggernog + electric cherry 

juggernog + tombstone 

juggernog + deadshot daquiri 

juggernog + mule kick

quick revive + juggernog 

quick revive + speed cola

quick revive + electric cherry 

quick revive + speed cola 

quick revive + mule kick

quick revive + deadshot daquiri 

quick revive + stamin-up

quick revive + tombstone

quick revive + phd flopper

and keep going with the other perks

Having upgraded perks would be way too OP, as many would tell you the something. Perks should do nothing more than give you an advantage, not make you unstoppable.

However, the mixing perks is an interesting idea I could see being played with in maps to come, perhaps it could be mixed into some mystery elixir with unknown effects? However, I'd say the more perks you mix, the more slots this "mega perk" would take up. (For example, mix 3 perks, and that new mystery perk would be still equivelent to having 3 perks in your remaining slots) To make things more interesting, the devs would have to put some kind of risk factor in there as well, such as some mixtures could have more bad side effects than good. 

Let's say you mix 3 perks together.

• Quick Revive
  • Speed Cola
  • Jug

This, for example, would make your character have faster reload speed, carry more ammo and heal quicker as it's effect. However, you move considerably slower as a side effect.

All I'm saying is this: 

Mix jug and quick revive

1perk

mix double tap and speed cola 

2 perks 

mix mule kick and PHD

3 perks

get stamina up

4 perks

but in reality you've stacked up 

7 perks, when the normal max is 4

And what's the point in mixing perks if you aren't doing it for more inventory space? It'd be better just to hold 4 perks. 

also, how much more information would it take to fill this? this would more the quadruple the amount of data perks have already. 

and for your perk ideas: 

Halfback hotsause: Makes sense and would be reasonable, however, the name is a bit misleading. How about Hoof-it hotsause. Or Crowd control? 

Cola clone: Another good idea, this time with a good name, but the activation is a bit awkward as that d pad switch is where buildables are put in one's inventory. How about instead if one cooks a grenade the explosion no longer hurts you (with or without PHD) and you make the clone that way? 

EZ: WAY too OP. Plus we already have an electric based perk. I can't really work with it without changing it entirely. Sorry.  :unsure:

All I'm saying is this: 

Mix jug and quick revive

1perk

mix double tap and speed cola 

2 perks 

mix mule kick and PHD

3 perks

get stamina up

4 perks

but in reality you've stacked up 

7 perks, when the normal max is 4

And what's the point in mixing perks if you aren't doing it for more inventory space? It'd be better just to hold 4 perks. 

also, how much more information would it take to fill this? this would more the quadruple the amount of data perks have already. 

I think you're misinterpreting this idea. 

I know what you're saying about mixing and the four slots, that's why I countered it with mix perks really counting as "one" perk that takes up several slots, depending on the amount of perks mixed. Therefore, you're still technically using the maximum of four perk slots. So instead;

Mix Jug + Quick Revive would instead = 2 slots, 1 perk.

And, it would be interesting to have this effects vary, with the risk of having "bad" effects too. More fun, I'd say. Thinking about this more, the closest example I could say of this working in theory would be that whole "green gas" thing that happens in BO II zombies, where doing something triggers these "perma-perk effects" some of these effects are completely random; this Mixed Perk to make a mystery perk could work very much the same, just with more control. You create some kind of "mystery perk" with unknown effect at your own risk.

Furthermore, you could mix it up a bit. Mix two perks and you still have two slots for regular perks to back up the effects of this new mystery perk batch. Or, go all in and make one massive mega mystery perk by mixing 4 perks, into one "mega perk" This one mega perk, would take up all four slots. And depending on the order, and perk choice, will vary the effects of this perk.

But that still seems quite pointless as opposed to just having 4 perks AND it takes up SO much more data: 

Just with the 4 WAW, 4 BO1 perks, and EC and VA from BO2. 

Jug: 

-SC

-DT

-QR

-EC

-VA

-PHD

-SU

-MK

-DD

: 9 new perks

Now for SC, which doesn't mix with jug due to it's already been accounted for above. 

-QR

-DT

-PHD

-SU

-DD

-MK

-EC

-VA

8+9: 17 new perks

Logically that means: 

Double tap would produce 7 more, and QR 6, EC 5, VA 4, MK 3, PHD 2, and the last combo of Stamin up and deadshot

thats; 9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1: 45 new perks! 

And that's not even accounting for the new perk they introduce! 

lol now you're just over complicating it.

They don't need to make up some new perk for every single combination. The abilities gained from these hybrid perks could just be random abilies chosen from existing perks. And again, this is all just ideas and hypothetical examples. And there's loads of possiblities here with it. You could have some combinations just cancel each other out, and you wasted your money buying and mixing them for nothing, you could discover that maybe say... Jug + Quick Revive + Electric Cherry = PHD and it's not even in the map, you could discover that some combinations just make it harder on yourself, etc. They don't have to be "new" perks. And I know what your saying about a buttload of data, but perhaps several combinations have the same effect to save on creating a million combo possiblities. They could easily pull this off.

The short and sweet example? Mortal Kombat Cheat Code combinations. Or to quote Forrest Gump;

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get"

more perk ideas

Double dose- when hit by zombies it regenerates your health 2x the normal speed. It is a gray color and it costs 2000 points. The perk machine is shaped like a medicine bottle.

Edison Enigma- makes any electric powered guns, melee weapons, and perks 25% stronger than what they are.It costs 1200 points. It is a light blue color and it has a lightning bolt on the front.

Electric Cherry- Bigger shock radius and is more likely to kill zombies.

Galvaknuckles- One hit one kill til round 24

Fusion Fiesta- Not so much a perk its more like pack-a-punch. Fusion Fiesta allows you to fuse the two weapons you are holding and make a more powerful weapon. So like if you were to fuse the b23r and cobra it would make a fully auto revolver or something like that. You cant fuse the ray gun, ray gun mark 2, or any other wonderweapons. It costs 4500 points.

Bomb Voyage- When downed it makes an explosion that will either blow the zombies to a different part of the map or kill them on the spot. If a teammate is next to you when you get downed your teammate will get blown to a different part of the map. It is a white and blue color. It costs 1600 points.

Steel Lungs- Allows you to hold breath longer when using sniper rifles. I know alot of people dont really use sniper rifles alot, but i liked this idea. It costs 1000 points. It is a yellow and black color.

Grandolier Gargle- This perk gives you 2 grenades after every round unless you have grenades after a round then its useless. It costs 1000 points. It is a lime green color.

I like the idea of mixing perks

Edit: (clicked the reply button too quick!)

What if every mixable perk had a slight negative effect?

For example Jug and QR. Time to revive is 1.75 seconds, and you lose 1 hit of health, so 4 hits would down you.

The benefit? It only takes up one perk slot.

But I would also like to see perks that are the same that could be mixable. QR + QR= 1second revive.

PhD + PhD= same effect, but damage for explosives increases significantly.

Edited by lead_psychopath

more perk ideas

Double dose- when hit by zombies it regenerates your health 2x the normal speed. It is a gray color and it costs 2000 points. The perk machine is shaped like a medicine bottle.

WAY too Op, Might I suggest this: It's a MP-only perk and how it works is if your team mates shoot you you regain health faster? Call it: Co-oporation cordial. 

Edison Enigma- makes any electric powered guns, melee weapons, and perks 25% stronger than what they are.It costs 1200 points. It is a light blue color and it has a lightning bolt on the front.

Electric Cherry- Bigger shock radius and is more likely to kill zombies.

Galvaknuckles- One hit one kill til round 24

Again, OP, but I guess if they allow the type of thing in MOTD, I don't see why not… Take into account you lose it when you down and it's even less OP then MOTD,  Other names: Testla tequila

Fusion Fiesta- Not so much a perk its more like pack-a-punch. Fusion Fiesta allows you to fuse the two weapons you are holding and make a more powerful weapon. So like if you were to fuse the b23r and cobra it would make a fully auto revolver or something like that. You cant fuse the ray gun, ray gun mark 2, or any other wonderweapons. It costs 4500 points.

The amount of more weapons they would have to add into the game is ridiculous. It's likely better if we just didn't bother. 

Bomb Voyage- When downed it makes an explosion that will either blow the zombies to a different part of the map or kill them on the spot. If a teammate is next to you when you get downed your teammate will get blown to a different part of the map. It is a white and blue color. It costs 1600 points.

No one would want this… "Oh crud dude I'm going down!" "Thats fine I'm right here I can get.. BANG… Oh dude… I can't reach you now.."

Steel Lungs- Allows you to hold breath longer when using sniper rifles. I know alot of people dont really use sniper rifles alot, but i liked this idea. It costs 1000 points. It is a yellow and black color.

Many people don't use snipers, even less even know they can hold their breath. This would work better as a perma perk.

Grandolier Gargle- This perk gives you 2 grenades after every round unless you have grenades after a round then its useless. It costs 1000 points. It is a lime green color.

The game already gives you grenades every round, perhaps it would work better if it was used for tacticles? THAT would be worth a whole lot more! As you would receive another Monkey bomb every round. 

I still don't very well see the point in focusing in on the effects of perks as opposed to just regular perks. But I really don't wish to argue about the topic. Guess we'll just see what trayarch comes up with… one… and a half… years… from… now….

It's just another possiblity to spice things up and add some risk taking to your strategy. Of course, this would all be optional. You wouldn't HAVE to mix perks if you didn't want to. Save up your dough, buy a few perks, spend some more dough to mix them and hope for a good combo. Or, just play it save with perks you know what they do. Personally, I feel zombies would be more interesting if zombies was more than just "gear up and run loops"

I think mixing perks could work, but it would have an entirely new effect rather than both of the originals...

A few examples could be:

Juggernog + Stamin-up = Pain Aid. Allows you to recover your health at an alarming rate. Replaces Juggernog in one sense, but you are still screwed if slapped by two at the same time. 

Deadshot + Double Tap 2.0 = Headhunter. If you get a headshot with a sniper rifle, a second shot will split off it and automatically lock on to a nearby zombie

Speed Cola + Mule Kick = Fast hands. Switch weapons and throw grenades (including tacticals) almost instantaneously. 

Electric Cherry + Phd Flopper = Storm Surge. Dolphin dive to create a patch of sparking area that slows and damages zombies. Dive off a very high place to make a thundercloud that will strike the impact area for about 6 seconds, doing extreme damage. Takes time to cool if used too much (like normal cherry)

Quick Revive + Electric cherry = Shock therapy. Takes the same amount of time to revive as normal, but you are surrounded in a continuous lightning storm that protects you. About 20% of the time, you will also randomly shock them, jumpstarting their heart and instantly reviving them.

Just a few ideas.. 

Perk ideas 

Adrena-Rage- when hit your character will scream and prick themselves with a needle with adrenaline in it. It makes you go on a rampage for 1 minute. One hit one kill (melee), Shoot faster (guns), Grenades bigger explosion radius.

Free Fall Fizz- Just like PHD Flopper but it doesnt make an explosion. When you fall or dolphin dive from a big height it doesnt do much damage. It does little damage.

Melee Margarita- Makes it so you can knife faster. When using a pistol it lets you have your knife out with the pistol as a tactical knife.

Just when hit? Yeash…. That makes you way op: 

Slap knife,   slap knife,   slap knife, repeat that X times and you've cleared round 50 as easy as round 10…. It would be better if it ONLY worked during a red-screen. 

Well… Why not just use flopper, or another way of it?: This drink makes it so when you dolphin dive off a high enough surface you can actually phase through the floor to access the area bellow? And if you're on the bottom floor it will just bring you back to the top!

That sounds like it should work better as an attachment for upgraded weapons. It would make it more fun as one can now double PAP the ray gun, boomhilda, MAS, CZs, 5-7s,bz23r, kap 40,  or any other pistol...

I think mixing perks could work, but it would have an entirely new effect rather than both of the originals...

A few examples could be:

Juggernog + Stamin-up = Pain Aid. Allows you to recover your health at an alarming rate. Replaces Juggernog in one sense, but you are still screwed if slapped by two at the same time. 

Deadshot + Double Tap 2.0 = Headhunter. If you get a headshot with a sniper rifle, a second shot will split off it and automatically lock on to a nearby zombie

Speed Cola + Mule Kick = Fast hands. Switch weapons and throw grenades (including tacticals) almost instantaneously. 

Electric Cherry + Phd Flopper = Storm Surge. Dolphin dive to create a patch of sparking area that slows and damages zombies. Dive off a very high place to make a thundercloud that will strike the impact area for about 6 seconds, doing extreme damage. Takes time to cool if used too much (like normal cherry)

Quick Revive + Electric cherry = Shock therapy. Takes the same amount of time to revive as normal, but you are surrounded in a continuous lightning storm that protects you. About 20% of the time, you will also randomly shock them, jumpstarting their heart and instantly reviving them.

Just a few ideas.. 

I have some ideas for mixing perks

Quick Revive + Deadshot= Brain Surgery. When you revive someone any zombies around you there heads will explode.

Vulture Aid + Deadshot= Dropshot. When you get a headshot, 50% of the time it will drop a nuke, max ammo, double points, fire sale, or carpenter.

Stamin-up + Speed Cola= Headstart. Allows you to run faster than usual.

Mixing perk ideas

Electric Cherry + Stamin-up= Shock Charge. When running it creates a storm of lightning bolts coming out of your body.

Speed Cola + Electric Cherry= Electric Hands. When you switch guns, it shocks any zombies around you.

Juggernog +  Speed Cola= Safety First. If you're red screening when you switch guns it regenerates your health a little.

• 2 months later...

Halo Healer

effect- When you get downed and die, when you respawn the next round you will have a halo glowing above your head, you will get your guns and perks back from the last round, but you wont have Halo Healer. The halo above your characters head allows you to get up immediately after going down. You have to build this perk. The things you need to build it are: Angel statue, Halo, and perk bottle. 

it is a yellow color. The symbol on the bottle is a stick figure with a halo above its head.

cost- 3400

Meleerita

effect- Allows you to knife faster than the usual speed. It is a Goldish color.

cost- 1200

Halo Healer

effect- When you get downed and die, when you respawn the next round you will have a halo glowing above your head, you will get your guns and perks back from the last round, but you wont have Halo Healer. The halo above your characters head allows you to get up immediately after going down. You have to build this perk. The things you need to build it are: Angel statue, Halo, and perk bottle. 

it is a yellow color. The symbol on the bottle is a stick figure with a halo above its head.

cost- 3400

Meleerita

effect- Allows you to knife faster than the usual speed. It is a Goldish color.

cost- 1200

well, that's kinda been done with tombstone, unless you mean on solo which would also be pointless, due to the quick revive's effects on solo and it sounds more like who's who to be fair, next time. read the wiki

Edited by Kyle8957

So, I just thought of another perk. One that might help with the fading out thing that I felt was an issue with bigger maps.

Revitalise Elixir

Cost 5000

Gives you a 3 minute bleed out time, or if the round ends it automatically revives you. Perhaps it could also give the reviver the effect of quick revive without having to buy the perk.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Vile Vial

Cost: 2500

Color: Neon Green

Emblem: Skull with cartoony "stink lines" emmiting from it

Taste: Burnt meat and radiation

Effect: Crouch and Melee to have a.. "Gas attack" released from your body. Zombies are stunned and heavily damaged, nearby players will complain. Has a thirty second cooldown.

Who's Who Too?!

Cost: 3000

Color: Cyan

Emblem: Two hands reaching out. One hand is black with shadow particles, one is white and glowing.

Taste: You can't remember

Effect: Upon going down you will sink into the ground and reappear elsewhere. However this time you will notice black shadowy walls have appeared everywhere, and your body is made of shadow. Zombies IGNORE you. Find your way through the maze of walls to your body. If you fail, you go down as normal on co-op, on solo quick revive will recover you if you have it... If not its game over.

(By the way, the too on the end is not meant to be two. Its too as in: as well, but is an obvious play on words about it being a sequal. Just wanted to clear that up so I don't look stupid)

My idea of who's who 2: 

Taste: Always fresh and new! 

Effects: Unlike regular who's who, THIS perk gives the player a new body IMMEDIATELY, actually, your clone slowly loses your materials one perk every 10 seconds and one gun every 30. Once all the weapons and perks are gone you are free to build a new set-up immediately. When you bleed out in your new body you auto-ressurect in your old one!