What Happened? (Glitches and Oddities)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maps now show the flag locations.

Reinforce, flooded, help take A, watch the bar go up, turn blue. I don't get credit for it. Run to B, take it, it counts. I leave towards A, the game says 'taking b', which i just took and got credit for. So i look at it, it is white again. So i take it again and again get credit for it again.

Another game: we have c, they have b, a is white. They take c. I jump on b immediately and almost have it. Game ends, we lose. It says 'score limit reached' which means they have all 3. But they didn't. A was white when the game ended and i was taking b and my whole team was alive. Weird.

I had the frenemies glitch twice, i even took pictures that I'm sure are too large for this site. I tried to figure out how to small them, but i couldn't.

Remember, the game ends at 4 points. But the score is 1150 on the enemy team, making the tan score-bar stretch across the screen.

I was not listed in the upper right list of people in the game, yet was being featured in round ending killcams. I'm sure that i was reported for cheating...

And lost a game or two while taking a flag, which shouldn't happen.

That's a bunch of suck. Ha.

I still can't figure out what kills count and what flags count in Reinforce.

Often, the first flag of the game and the last flag of the game don't register as captures for me. I also had a few of those captured flags that turn white when you step off of them. I also saw a blue enemy flag. On Fog, i loaded 5 feet in the air at the start of game, i dropped to the ground at the end of the timer.

I had a bot game with a friend where kills didn't count. The enemy deaths were right, but we didn't have enough kills to match; the first kill i got that counted was a dog, which shouldn't count, then it started counting them normally.

In Safeguard, stand where a support drop is about to land. If it lands where you are, you are trapped in it until someone takes it (you can take it, of course).

• 2 weeks later...

Played safeguard for the first time in a while (sentries/vultures still not showing up). Half of the Loot Drops stopped about 5 feet in the air, had no contents and could not be taken.

-

Offline, testing stuff: split screen me + afk controller; field orders says '2 kills with a picked-up weapon'.

Me: gold knife/usr (gold knife in hand).

Afk: combat knife/gold knife (combat knife in hand, not gold).

2 kills gave me the fo, even though i didn't pick up a weapon, nor did our knives match.

-

Unrealistic to do online cheat:

Get at least 2 squad members called in. Then, use maniac (or juggernaut) and Loki (probably works with support squad mate, juggernaut recon, Odin too, but not tested yet).

Once you have your killstreaks, call in a jugger suit, suit up, then call in the Loki, call in the juggernaut from the Loki and he will load.

Normally you may only have 2 squad mates in a game at once (including dog), but i had 5 in one game easily (offline, i won't cheat in public games).

Original goal: use a care package to get into the split tree on the middle road of Prison Break, going up the hill by the fallen tree (actionable tree). You can get in the tree, but it is hard to get up without falling out.

Off to test glitch on support streaks...

Okay, tested support; it works also.

So, your best path to 3 squad mates realistically is this:

1 class dog killstreak, after dog is had, switch to support class with support squadmate, juggernaut recon, Odin.

Dog is held in fourth slot. Call in dog, support squadmate, juggernaut recon, suit up, call in odin, call in Odin jugger squadmate.

You have dog, wimpy shield guy, heavy duty shield guy and your juggernaut recon suit.

With hardline on both classes, it's 19 kills. Only 4, for dog, need to be consecutive without dying.

Presumably works with Michael Myers/predator suits too.

Edited by 83457

Good to hear. It looks like folk read my stuff. I don't get many responses, but I enjoy sharing my thoughts and finds.

I got over 2000 peeps on a text-only thread in the days of you tube videos, that's saying something.

I'm glad to help in my own weird way.

Happy gaming!

• 2 weeks later...

Gold pdw glitch. If i pick up a gold pdw, it turns into a regular one. I think that they are normal pdws, and the game just lists them incorrectly when you find them on the ground. I'll keep my eye on this and give the correct info when I'm sure.

Ubsg glitch. While i hate to encourage cheating, and i hope that this gets fixed, for now it's a little fyi:

If you use the underbarrel shotgun (ubsg) and get the field order '2 kills with a picked up weapon', the ubsg counts as a picked up weapon for some reason and you can easily complete the order. Not that picking up a gun and killing folk is hard. Just fyi.

Using the gold knife with the '2 kills with a picked up weapon' versus other gold knife users counts, without picking up a weapon. Just like ubsg.

9 lives: i played with 9 lives. Despite always hitting 'auto-assign', it always gives me the same team. So at the start of a game, i switched teams. When i died, it was game over. Apparently I only got 1 life instead of 9 because I switched teams (no previous deaths).

• 2 weeks later...

Goldrush: watch out for ammo crate shenanigans on the lift. I'm not sure how cheaty it can be, but i accidentally went through the floor and was standing in the air until the lift came down and killed me.

Maybe with the carts/ammo crate/ballistic vest too?

If you are in a cart and it hits someone, you get the kill.

Playing Safeguard with randoms:

I have wild widow and m27.

I run up to a support drop crate (reflex), double tap it into stalker.

We just got Team Restock, so i decide that i don't need ammo, so i may as well take the Stalker perk.

I take it and it gives me an ak12.

Sigh. I didn't want my wild widow anyway....

Effective contraceptive patch glitch.

So, i always shoot all of the extinction eggs in maps (usually in solo safeguard, because that counts and it's the easiest way to get them without much effort).

I hadn't played Exodus yet. But every time that i was playing safeguard, i could shoot the egg sacks and it would say 'bonus xp and patch awarded (or similar)' but the patch was not unlocked. This happened 5-10 times in the past week while playing with randoms on safeguard (presumably works solo too).

Now, note that since my character was max level (all of mine are/10th p), it says 'bonus xp awarded, which means zero xp awarded actually. But if your current soldier isn't maxed out, it would say '2000xp awarded' instead.

Note that i only ever played awakening solo on casual once. Never an mp game. Then, yesterday either during a solo Exodus attempt, or maybe a custom game split screen game, i got the 10k xp for extinction from doing the circles challenge.

Today when i looked the patch is finally actually unlocked.

So, not being entirely sure of the parameters of this glitch, i theorize that one could not play Exodus, and just keep shooting the eggs during Safeguard (and plausibly mp games) to keep getting a 2000xp boost like some kind of dirty cheater.

But you didn't hear it from me.

Edit: map clarity;

Poc: beat with 4.

Nightfall: beat with 4.

Mayday: only played solo/ss custom.

Awakening: only played solo/casual.

Exodus: solo/ss custom

So apparently not every game needs to be played online with others since i certainly never played Awakening with anyone.

Edit 2: you can only shoot them once per game for the bonus. But, if it does work solo, one could go to safeguard, play now (so it's just you, solo), shoot the sac for xp, leave, repeat ad infinitum...

Edited by 83457
  • 3 weeks later...

Extinction weirds.

If a beastie hops on your sentry gun, simply move it away. Occasionally, this leaves the beastie sitting in the air, gnawing on nothing and he'll just stay there.

Trick grenades: i picked up Semtex until i had 5. I found some canister bombs, so i dropped the 5 Semtex since it was a location i would be fighting at later. I used the canister bombs, grabbed the Semtex. Then i tried to trade the Semtex for 2 canister bombs again, but it picked up the canister bombs and still showed the Semtex in the grenade slot (but it wasn't the usual visual glitch). I found some Claymores. It set down the canister bombs, picked up the Claymores, i still showed the 5 Semtex. Finally, while playing, i chucked the Semtex...the first 3 were Semtex, then when I got to the last 2...they were Claymores. Sneaky.

Spin doctoring: Lead_psychopath taught me to spin to heal folk or fix the drill faster. This also works on search item, deployed boxes. Note that simply moving speeds it up and while spinning may be fastest, simply oscillating or moving the left stick in a tight circle works almost as fast and let's you keep your eye on what's going on.

Poc craptid dance move; sometimes on the hive just after the first hive (by the park sign) and quite frequently in the corner hive (in the corner behind the motel), a honey dog will start to climb on the drill, appear about 5 feet away and slide through the air to the drill very quickly. Odd.

Poc, last area; where the barn hive is upstairs, you can get on a small ledge on the outside of the building.

Poc, by the grassy cliff (hive 13), the Hunters crawl out of the grass behind you and your sentry guns. Walk to the very edge and set them down to stop this.

(typo-wrong word)

Edited by 83457
  • 3 weeks later...

Playing extinction solo poc, i get downed just as i use the upgrade (t15) medic ability.

It drops me to the ground but i have the white fog. Then i get up, and the game just keeps saying that I'm revived, over and over, until i had 10 revives at the end of the game from 1 down.

Extinction poc solo run. I let my controller time out in town, while standing at the first (middle) hive with the drill in my hand.

When i came back to the game, i woke up my controller, dropped the drill immediately on the hive.

The challenge was 'don't spend any money for 2 minutes'. Before the challenge started, I quickly called in a vulture...or so i thought. It took my $2200, but i didn't get a vulture (or anything, it definitely took exactly $2200, gave me squat).

I survived the 2 minutes and got my money back, but that was the first time that it simply took my money and gave me zilch for it.

---

Wow. Poc solo. I got every challenge, I'm on hive 14. The challenge is 'drill health 50%'. No problem, had to fix it twice just to keep it nice and high. Drill is at 98 health and almost done, i follow a hunter over to it, he jumps on it. The drill health drops to 36 in less than one second as I'm shooting at him.

4 teeth gone because this is the second-worst programmed cod that I've played.

Holy shit that was a great big ball of suck.

Edited by 83457