Time Travel Will Tell - Shangri-La Easter Egg Written Tutorial

Naitrax

This easter egg is about "focusing" the Focusing Stone & freeing Brock and Gary from eternal torment.

Please Note: All steps must be done in Eclipse mode otherwise they will not work!

Requirements

• Four Players
  • Spikemores (can be purchased in the Power Room)
  • The Power to be activated
  • A weapon capable of dealing explosive damage, such as the Ray Gun
  • Cooperation
  • A Napalm Zombie
  • The 31-79 JGb215 (must be Pack-a-Punched for a later step, creating The Fractalizer)

Step 1: The Eclipse Switches

After the power has been activated, the four buttons surrounding Quick Revive must be pushed simultaneously. To activate these switches, the use button must be held. Once all four have been pushed in, the sky will darken and your vision will blur, accompanied by the sound of activating something. You will know for sure you have done this correctly when the sky turns blue and the sun is eclipsed.

Step 2: The Stone Tiles

I'm not quite sure of this step, so I will refer you to the method used by the Call of Duty Wiki, which is also used in most YouTube guides:

After activating the switch from the previous step, several panels will appear along the area on the bridge, near the rotating statue and the area which contains the MPL, somewhat perpendicular to each other. The players have to make them all disappear to complete this step of the easter egg. At first it seems confusing but the method is simple. On one side, one player stands on a plate and tells another player what the symbol is. That player then steps off the tile whilst the player in the other area searches for the matching plate. Once the pair are found both players step on and those plates and they will disappear. Then simply repeat for every other one until all plates are gone. If a pair is incorrectly matched all plates will re appear and have to be paired up again. Also note that if a player stands on a plate whilst the other checks for a match, all symbols will change to a different plate. Note that this must be completed in 4–5 minutes or players will return to the present and will have to start over again. The following are known Illuminati symbols to appear on the tiles:

•  
  • A Female gender symbol.
  •  
  • 3 Short straight lines intersected by a long straight line.
  •  
  • A Diamond outline.
  •  
  • A star that looks like an asterisk (*)
  •  
  • A crescent moon
  •  
  • A Circle with a straight line cutting it in half.
  •  
  • A Circle with a small dot in the middle.
  •  
  • 3 Dots arranged in a triangle.
  •  
  • A Triangle outline.
  •  
  • A "D" shape
  •  
  • A "T" like shape that has a line through it.
  •  
  • 2 arcs crossing
  •  

If done correctly the player will hear a sound and a Focusing Crystal will appear on top of the MPL boulder.

There is also an image there detailing all the symbols.

Eclipse_symbols.jpg

Step 3: The Water Slide

Have 3 players head to the bottom of the Water Slide after reactivating the Eclipse (I assume you will have run out of time at least once by now) and position themselves on the metal grate which is located at the bottom of the slide. Have the 4th player head over to the top of the slide and ride it down the right-hand side, holding the use button as he does so. If done correctly, the current Eclipse should end automatically.

Step 4: Shrinking the Crystal

Above the Water Slide entrance, there should be a glowing crystal up on the right ledge. Throw a grenade or shoot a Ray Gun bullet at it to knock it down. Shoot it with the 31-79 JGb215 to shrink it, then knife it. It should slide into the Water Slide. Follow it down, and as it exits it will fly toward the geyser. Stand around it to launch it into the air, and it should move itself to the stand.

Step 5: Igniting the Gas

For this step, you will need a Napalm Zombie. Lead him into the tunnel leading from the MPL to the Water Slide exit. In the tunnel, there will be a valve. Turn this 4 times using the use button, then lead the Napalm Zombie through the leaks. There is one at the MPL entrance of the tunnel, one above the Mystery Box spawn location next to the geyser, and two right next to the entrance to the Power room from the valve side. Once you have passed the Napalm Zombie successfully through these, pull the lever next to the valve and the step will be completed.

Step 6: Plug the Holes

In the MP5K tunnel, there will be four holes in the walls. You must place Spikemores facing the holes, one for each, and use a zombie to trigger them. Once done, head over to the waterfall and use the "Do Not Press [use]" button. The Eclipse will end, signifying the end of the step.

Step 7: The Misplaced Tiles

There are twelve tablets on the walls. These are scattered around the map, and must be knifed in any order. Once done, a snare trap will appear near the Minecart, and you must use an explosive (such as a grenade) to destroy it. Once complete, the Eclipse will be over.

Step 8: The Dials

Once again, I will refer to the Call of Duty Wiki for this step.

After completing Step 9, there is a radio found near the Minecart gate on a barrel, stating a code, which is "16, 1, 3, 4". Players have go into the past for this to work. After going to the past, players will have to go into the mud pit temple and set the dial to their corresponding numbers as the top number:

• The first one, coming from the eclipse button area, is the far right one. Switch it to ' [ | - '
  • The second one is directly behind the first one (near right side from the eclipse button area). Switch it to one dot.
  • The third one is diagonal from the second one (far left side from the eclipse button area). Switch it to three dots.
  • The fourth one is behind the third one (near left side from the eclipse button area). Switch it to four dots.

After this is done, the characters should say that the code worked. If done correctly, a diamond will appear above the mud pit temple, signifying that the step was successful.

Step 9: The Gongs

There are 8 Gongs scattered around the map. We need to activate 4 of them. Each Gong will be close to a Focusing Crystal. Once knifed, if the crystal glows red, that is the wrong gong. Trial and error will serve you here. Once this is done, the crystals will glow yellow. On one will be hanging the dynamite. Shoot it with the Fractalizer, and it will knock the bag off. Stand under the place with the bags and you will catch it when it falls.

Step 10: The Meteor

Have the player with the Fractalizer come to spawn and shoot the crystal atop the Mud Pit Temple. It will reflect around the crystals and shrink the Meteor. NOTE: This MUST be done on the same Eclipse.

Step 11: Pack-a-Punch Has Been Replaced

Next, activate the Pack-a-Punch stairs and place the dynamite on the wall where the PaP used to be. Back up, and the wall will explode and disable the Eclipse switches. The water will push you down. Re-activate the Pack-a-Punch steps and walk up to the Focusing Stone and have the player who wants it the most grab it. That player will receive all perks semi-permanently, lasting until the end of the game. The achievement will pop for EVERYONE, regardless of who grabbed the stone. 

Step 12: Repeat as Necessary

Once complete, you may do the Easter Egg up to 3 more times in the match. Simply look for the radio at the base of the Pack-a-Punch, and once it has played, the Eclipse buttons will re-activate!

Thanks for reading this.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinned.

Nice job Nai, brains to you. This is the longest side quest (step wise) in zombies history, crazy to see it all written out.

Thank you very much Grill, I spent a long while compiling this. I hope that if any steps don't work, people'll post exactly where I went wrong.

Excellent thread Nai, makes me want to do some of the old side quests again. Can we get this pinned so it may be more easily referenced?

Boom loves me... Boom loves me not. Boom loves me...

• 11 months later...

This came in handy for me yesterday.  It had been so long since we had played Shangri La that we basically forgot the whole thing lol.  But 4 hours later we did the EE 3 times and ended the game on round 28!  Super fun map for sure.  We do a camping strategy at the bottom of the bridge just outside of the tunnel