Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boom115

Formatting 201: Advanced Post Creation

Thank you sir, I finally figured it out. Have some brains for your kindness.

somehow I input the code, save, and get this in the box:

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/158620-post-creation-tips-and-strategies/">Tips and Strategies for Better Posting Etiquette</a><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/158657-understand-and-defeating-bullies/">Understand and stop bullying</a>

I save again and it becomes gibberish. That is where I messed up.

Awards

Thank you sir, I finally figured it out. Have some brains for your kindness.

somehow I input the code, save, and get this in the box:

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/158620-post-creation-tips-and-strategies/">Tips and Strategies for Better Posting Etiquette</a><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/158657-understand-and-defeating-bullies/">Understand and stop bullying</a>

I save again and it becomes gibberish. That is where I messed up.

Thank you sir, I finally figured it out. Have some brains for your kindness.somehow I input the code, save, and get this in the box:Tips and Strategies for Better Posting EtiquetteUnderstand and stop bullying I save again and it becomes gibberish. That is where I messed up.

It's picking up the HTML code. I think you can turn it off in an option.

The easiest way is to type it manually

After the url=

Paste your link

Close off link with ]

Type title of link

And close off with /url]

TYPE TITLE HERE 

The easiest way to do this, is the following

Type the name of the link (as you would like to see it)

highlight it

then click on the link option

paste the link

www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/158620-post-creation-tips-and-strategies
and the end result is

This is the code for it BB Style, you appear to be doing the link creation as bb code, easier just to use the editor.

Just another thing to note which hasn't been mentioned in the formatting 102 (until now).

Is using email and anchor management within the create link/hyperlink. Instead of creating a link you can add an email address spammers@be.aware clicking on the link will open up your email client, the email field should be populated, subject link and any text that you want within the message body should also be populated (if any text is entered).

This is the bb code for it

spammers@be.aware

To create an anchor

Instead of click link or email, select anchor, highlight the text you want to use as an anchor, click the link/hyperlink option and then select anchor.

bottom anchor

bottom anchor

This will take you back to the top of the page or you can use the new blue flag (next to the insert and remove link in the editor)

@ Boom, I think the information Hells Warrrior has given below should be added to your OP. Absolute Golden Forum Information.

The width of the forum isn't in pixels it's a percentage of the screen size (87%)

Anyway, few bits of info that might help

Emoticons - 30 per post

Images - 200 per post

Max quotes - 20 per post

Attachment - image max size - 1200px width, 1600 pixels height

Max polls - 3 per topic / post

Max number of poll choices - 20 per poll

Max time limit before poll cannot be added to post - 2 hours (members only) moderators can add one if requested.

Max mount of videos per post 6, I've change it to 20 for you

Call of Duty Zombies Code of Conduct

The Code of Conduct (CoC for short) for using the website can be found here

Our Privacy / Cookie Policy

Call of Duty Zombies privacy policy / cookie information can be found here

Our Terms of Use

The terms of use can be found here

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .