fun game set up bots or custom games.

Hello dead forum. Try this out to breathe new life into this game:

Beast (83457) Mode:

Tdm: maps; small to medium work best. Nuketown is a little unbalanced in that some teams are isolated, others spawn looking at each other. Large maps draw out the last kill time...

Tdm rules: time unlimited, score unlimited, teams 6 (for 1 man teams), 5 (for 2 man teams). Highest score at end wins.

Tdm settings: kill = 3 points, deaths = 2 (-2 really), headshot = 1 point. 1 life, 5 rounds.

General: turn off explosive and scorestreak delays. The game is too short, plus there are so few players.

Health: no regeneration, friendly fire on.

Custom: i allow 17 (max).

Preset: i often make these up, suit to taste. One emp/launcher guy is a good idea.

Bots: depends on number of human players. If by yourself or splitscreen, 5 bots for 6 1-man teams, 8 for 2 human, 5 2-man teams or 8 enemy, one friendly bot for 5 2-man teams. Adjust accordingly for number of humans/bots in your lobby. I always use hardened bots.

Camping: not with human opponents. If only bots, then camping for the last kill is acceptable. Otherwise, 10-15 seconds max in any spot. If you try to camp, you will not get enough kills to win. If the last players camp, the game is ruined/boring for the deceased. Play honorably, record the game if you can't trust your xbl friends.

Notes: Claymore's and shock charges and bb's hang around after you die, you may get afterlife kills. Sensor grenade is great for finding last kill. Uav too.

Bots shoot most things out of the sky, so be mindful of that.

Use any scorestreaks, but you must aim low as there won't be that many kills. I usually use uav, hk drone, care package. Call in the cp near the end of a round, use scorestreaks at start of round for kills, or uav to find last guy.

You only get one life per round, so you must be careful, but you also need to get kills, so no lollygagging or camping.

If you kill your teammate, it will not cost you points. By surviving the round, you save 2 points by not dying.

The round-ending killcam shows the last kill of the (currently) winning player, not last kill (unless that player is winning).

Suit to taste...

If i recall other important bits, I will post them.

Ask questions if needed.

A round or two can really swing the game, so don't panic if you get shut out the first couple of rounds.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that any damage builds up, so the sensor grenade pop or even a shock charge are doing lasting damage. Same if you hit a guy and he gets away: he us still that damaged.

Adjusting difficulty is as simple as laying bigger maps (versus bots) as they have an advantage at distance. They do the worst in up close battles. Carrier is as bad as nuke town for getting spawn sniped at start.

Also, you could handicap yourself by playing with low quality weapons.

Note that any restrictions that you put in the game (like restricting c4) will bee ignored by the bots (unless this got patched at some time).

Be sure to play several games before you judge the game mode as you may win several and feel out its easy, or they may poop on you a few games, making you judge the mode harshly. It really has been quite fun. Most fun with at least one friend...

You could do 9 round games, but anyone losing badly after several rounds will lose interest. 5 is usually engaging enough, but not torture if your just waiting to lose another round; you can still knock a good team down.

I hope someone enjoyed this and happy gaming!