Shovel Guide

Boom115

Just Reconfirming (solo at least): saving piles for snow rounds does not work. If one is where you saved one on a snow round, that is just coincidence.

Also, anyone else call them skag piles, like borderlands?

Thanks for all of the great information!

You are correct Sir. This was called out earlier in the thread, I just forgot to update the original post. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've heard a few names mounds, dig spots, cow pies, sh*t piles, but I haven't heard skag pile.

They look (and act) much like skag piles. :)

When i first read this thread, i thought i might be losing it, i checked a few more times, snow rounds are different.

Also, when you have the ice staff, it always is snowing.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

On helmet luck: one game i got the golden shovel, a few feet away, the very next dig, i got the golden helmet. Seconds apart.

Yep if you read it again it states "up to 20", in the recorded data we had never had more than twenty digs. Which means it could be as few as one.

• Administrators

I went from never getting the golden shovel to getting it every game. Sadly, the golden helm isn't very useful when you lead a train of zombies into the giant's path with you. :|

Yes there are downsides to the helmet.

-The recovery time, leaves you susceptible for triple slaps.

-The respawn, all exits from the foot prints are narrow and easily blocked off by respawning zombies.

• Administrators

FYI there are 16 total spots, 4 for each player. I'll post MatoMaster's video here tomorrow, with all locations captured and more good info.

Yeah I've heard this, although I've had some difficulty getting game play screen shots of the remaining locations. Thank you in advance.

-Boom

Here it is with all 16 locations and more details about the process, like:

- how to scour all 16 locations with, at max, 3 zombie bloods.

- that you can only get bottles from 4 mounds per player. After that you can find and dig up more but you don't get any more bottles.

- only one mound will spawn per round. You can't get two even with 2 zombie bloods in one round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwNPW9O7VSA

I need to update my map since I have only 15 on there.

• Administrators

The grave mounds get more hard to find as you get later into the rounds, 20+. I can only manage to get the golden shovel at around round 28-29 at best! Thanks for this info though. 8-)

Oh really? I think you're missing some dig spots. I normally get it by round ten on solo and eight teen to twenty four in co op.

Fire Sale's can be found in the dig spots, even with the regular shovel. I think the same rules apply though, that the box has to move first.

Interesting, haven't run into this yet. So does that mean the only drop you cannot dig up is an instakill?

Or maybe that is possible, I have just never had one :P

Fire Sale's can be found in the dig spots, even with the regular shovel. I think the same rules apply though, that the box has to move first.

Interesting, haven't run into this yet. So does that mean the only drop you cannot dig up is an instakill?

Or maybe that is possible, I have just never had one :P

I think it is possible. I'm quite sure I've dug one up before.

• Administrators

Nice find, I very seldom hit the box and have never dug up a fire sale, I guess this would be why. I love when the pc/psn dlcs drop. You guys find everything that we missed.

• 2 weeks later...

One time, i got the gold shovel, walked literally 2 feet, dug, got gold helmet.

On drops: i have had a few instakill, a plethora of max ammos, bombs...so many bombs..., zombie blood, x2 rarely.

Even about 10 'nothings' now: it makes like it's about to pop a zombie or ice staff part; a little puff, then pause....then nothing comes out.

• Administrators

Even about 10 'nothings' now: it makes like it's about to pop a zombie or ice staff part; a little puff, then pause....then nothing comes out.

This is an animation glitch sometimes guns or drops appear but they are invisible or just not glowing.

This is an animation glitch sometimes guns or drops appear but they are invisible or just not glowing.

Ah, i see. Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...