Shovel Guide

Boom115

• Administrators

Hello everyone, I’ve seen bits and pieces of this information posted throughout the forum. I wanted to compile some of the information to create a centralized comprehensive guide for the Shovel/Spade.

Six Spawn Locations-

-By the pillar in the spawn room

-In the small room behind the meteorite, next to the large pipe in spawn

-Next to the buildable table in the wind tunnel

-In the church next to the buildable table

-In the church to the left of the tank

-In the tunnel next to generator 5

How to Upgrade-

Dig anywhere from 30 to 50 graves to obtain the golden shovel. (I took note of the quantity over the course of five games. There is no exact number.) There is an audio que and the shovel will appear next to you points will now be gold. All four players can get the golden shovel.

Drops-

-Nuke

-Double Points

-Zombie Blood

-Max Ammos

-Blood Money (Earn 50-250 Bonus Points)

Misc-

-One Frag

-Two Frags

-One Zombie

-Ull's Arrow Staff Parts (only when it’s snowing)

Golden Helmet-

After receiving the golden shovel, dig up to 20 additional graves and you will receive the golden helmet. The same audio que is heard and the icon will appear next your golden shovel. When wearing the Golden Helmet, the player is immune to the Giant Robots. The player will be slightly stunned for a moment after they have been stepped on, but other than that they will not do any damage.

Perk Boost-

Use your golden shovel while in zombie blood to dig up the glowing orange mounds. You will uncover what appears to be an empty perk bottle. The drop gives you the ability to pick up an extra perk. The spot will be available for the remainder of the game.

Grave Locations-

All nine perks can be obtained by doing this (including the double tap reward).

Weapons-

-Mauser C96

-Remington 870 MCS

-Ballista

-M1216

-DSR-50

Golden Weapons-

-AK74u

-STG-44

-MP-40

-KSG

-Claymores

Fun Facts and Tips-

-Zombies that are dug up do not have souls and can't be used to fill up chests.

-It is possible to obtain all three staff pieces on the same level.

-There is only one glowing mound on the map at a time, they don't change from zombie blood to zombie blood. So if you get a zombie blood, check as many places as possible and if they are not there, don't check that spot during the next zombie blood because it will not be there

-The next mound does not spawn in until the next zombie blood drop

**I will update the OP with anything you guys would like to add or amend. Thanks for reading! Special thanks to mmm chocolate and the BSZombie for confirming some of the unknown unknowns with the shovel, and tracking down many grave sites!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen the ksg and claymores from digging with the golden shovel. Also their isn't a set amount needed to dig up to get the helmet. I have gotten both the shovel and the helmet in one round.

You can also get max ammos with the golden shovel.

Blood money can net you 250 points not 50-200.

Zombies dug up do not have souls for the chests.

That's ll I have.

While you're at it think you can add time it takes for dig spots to respawn? Real pain in the ass when I'm trying to get ice staff while its snowing and I already dug everything. Or if they only respawn when rounds change.

Random ones respawn when rounds change. Or none at all. Quite random.

• Administrators

yo homie g we gotta go for another leaderboard anyway just two things to add one u can get the ksg slug shotgun from the golden shovel also if u could post all known locations of the glowing orange mounds that would be helpful

We definitely will! The orange mounds are the same spawn points as the regular ones so it's very random. Ill add the ksg to the list.

I have seen the ksg and claymores from digging with the golden shovel. Also their isn't a set amount needed to dig up to get the helmet. I have gotten both the shovel and the helmet in one round.You can also get max ammos with the golden shovel.Blood money can net you 250 points not 50-200. Zombies dug up do not have souls for the chests.That's ll I have.

that was the approx number I got over a sample set of games. The most I had was 20. Max ammos must be rare, I never seem to get them. I did not know that about the zombie souls thanks.

Is it possible to get more than 1 Ice staff part per round. I don't think I've ever managed to get 2 while it's snowing?

Sure is, I've dug up all three in one round and thank you

Does anyone happen to have an eagles eye view of the map, I would like to start marking the locations. Thanks again for your input guys, ill update later on the OP when I get home. Please continue to add any valuable information!

I can confirm claymores are possible.

And, the glowing orange/red piles to dig up are NOT in the same spots as the regular ones.

We need a list of all the glowing locations. So far i know of three:

At generator 6. To the right of reward box close to window.

At the glowing box by generator 5.

On the tank path between tank spawn and generator 4.

• Administrators

I can confirm claymores are possible.

And, the glowing orange/red piles to dig up are NOT in the same spots as the regular ones.

We need a list of all the glowing locations. So far i know of three:

At generator 6. To the right of reward box close to window.

At the glowing box by generator 5.

On the tank path between tank spawn and generator 4.

You are correct, I have a few more that I will add to this list.

From spawn:

- take door to gen 3. In front of B23R.

- in front of Semtex

- at gen 3 window

- past gen 2 at dead end with wheelbarrow

- tank path between tank station and PaP

- beside glowing box below PaP

- beside glowing box at gen 5

- at gen 6 remington

- tank path between tank spawn and Juggernog

- behind tank on path at tank spawn

...there was one in that video that he described, but his video doesnt clearly show where he is, so there is atleast one more to add.

• Administrators

Alright guys, I added in the information you provide earlier. I also added possible grave locations for perk bottles, with screen shots I gathered from youtube videos and my own game play. I've heard rumor that you can pick up the m1911. This seems highly unlikely as its practically god mode with phd. Has anyone encountered this?

• Administrators

From spawn:

- take door to gen 3. In front of B23R.

- in front of Semtex

- at gen 3 window

- past gen 2 at dead end with wheelbarrow

- tank path between tank station and PaP

- beside glowing box below PaP

- beside glowing box at gen 5

- at gen 6 window

- tank path between tank spawn and Juggernog

- behind tank on path at tank spawn

...there was one in that video that he described, but his video doesnt clearly show where he is, so there is atleast one more to add.

I think I covered all of these, i'm sure there are more though.

• Administrators

Lots of people(including someone I know)have said that you can get the m1911 with the golden shovel. But it's rarer then getting it from the box in MOTD.

Yeah i'm not finding a shred of proof on that one :cry: . I think i'll be filing it under Origins hoaxes in the mean time. We can still dream thought can't we :D !