Your Opinion on Remade Maps?

A lot of people hate them. A lot of people love them. What are your opinions on maps like Studio and Dig?

Personally, I love them. I like having maps I know and love in the game I am currently playing. A lot of people say things like "Well, why don't you just play Black Ops 1 if you want to play that map?" Well, it's because I can't rank up my BOII rank on BOI, can I? I can't call in things like a Swarm on BOI, can I? It's nice to have maps like these on a game that can do really great things with them.

PS I'm REALLY looking forward to Dig. Courtyard was one of the best maps from WaW.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people hate them. A lot of people love them. What are your opinions on maps like Studio and Dig?

Personally, I love them. I like having maps I know and love in the game I am currently playing. A lot of people say things like "Well, why don't you just play Black Ops 1 if you want to play that map?" Well, it's because I can't rank up my BOII rank on BOI, can I? I can't call in things like a Swarm on BOI, can I? It's nice to have maps like these on a game that can do really great things with them.

PS I'm REALLY looking forward to Dig. Courtyard was one of the best maps from WaW.

I love emm :D :lol:

I'd prefer new maps to old ones. But there are enough to warrant there own map pack. Could've had a special Reskinned map pack for MP.

The thing is, most people consider these the best maps of Black Ops 2. That says a lot when people like these reskinned maps more than original maps.

I'd prefer new maps to old ones. But there are enough to warrant there own map pack. Could've had a special Reskinned map pack for MP.

The thing is, most people consider these the best maps of Black Ops 2. That says a lot when people like these reskinned maps more than original maps.

Yeah lol,I think there good,not necessarily the best

They did not do a good job on remade maps. I occasionally don't mind them but it is too much now. They ran out of maps and are just throwing in old junk.

I kind of agree with you there as it seems every map pack has at least one remade map.

Still better than Infinty Ward. They just copy maps from previous games and then put them on later ones. Examples: Overgrown, Vacant, Crash, Strike, and Terminal.

Love em! its familiar but still feels like a new experience. like when i spawn in on the summit remake, i have to take a minute to know where i am on the map. love that we're getting a WaW remake in Apocalypse as well. wish IW would do this more often (i think they brought back a couple of Cod4 maps in MW2 map pack but it was not reimagined at all

They did not do a good job on remade maps. I occasionally don't mind them but it is too much now. They ran out of maps and are just throwing in old junk.

Kindof,but I like them :) I wish we say more highjacked though....love that map

this is why we have more remade maps, and thats the problem. the maps keep keep getting smaller and smaller to appease the nuketown/hijacked adhd crowd and now there are no good maps to engage long distance with snipers or anything.... all the maps are beginning to play the same with everyone just running wildly and theres nostrategy just reactions

Don't get me wrong, I like these maps. Stadium was actually my favourite. But the fact it's a common thing now is not good. No doubt Hijacked and probably Nuketown will be reskinned in the next game.

Also agreed Birdman. I hate the lack of long distance maps. I don't know why they are obsessed with this CQC thing but it's got to stop.

Array would've been a great map to reskin. Nice open map. Or dunno, something original with long distances would have been nice. :roll:

Kindof,but I like them :) I wish we say more highjacked though....love that map

this is why we have more remade maps, and thats the problem. the maps keep keep getting smaller and smaller to appease the nuketown/hijacked adhd crowd and now there are no good maps to engage long distance with snipers or anything.... all the maps are beginning to play the same with everyone just running wildly and theres nostrategy just reactions

Mate,highjacked is a great map!Nuketown is fun but not nearly as well designed IMO.and I do like big maps,but small tight close quartered ones are where the most funs at for me. :) just saying

I don't play much MP personally so I don't know if I really play enough to have much of an opinion but I don't really like the remakes, The fact that it is exactly re-skinned and takes up one of the 4 mp maps is quite annoying for me especially when the DLC are kinda expensive (At lease for me, with no form of income).

It may be a bit much to ask but it would be awesome to have the old map brought back but changed in some way, new areas opened up, the map changed. I don't know now how hard that would be but I couldn't imagine it would be harder to create a whole new map.

Or

If they had 4 new maps plus a old one re-skinned or even exactly the same if they had 4 new ones.

But saying all that I still haven't played cove or more than one game of rush in the new DLC :P

• 2 months later...

Ugh. It was bad enough when you only had to skip a couple of bo1 maps.

Bo1 was obviously trash. Putting the maps on bo2 is insulting.

Courtyard from waw was decent. But the remake seems even more wide open, like they lowered the walls. Another extreme long range map...and the descriptor on it calls it a cqc map. Fail much? I hoped it would be good. It was not.

Many of the bo2 maps work well. Many of the dlc are lacking and rehashing bad maps from one of the worst cods? A clear mistake.

I still get angry over what a total rip off bo1 is. If it weren't for zombies, i would burn that garbage.

Happy gaming!