Tranzit hate???

K3ys3r S0z3

Yeah still my favorite map

"Too separated to get downed players that are too far away. Even with staminup and quick revive, it can be a super hassle just to get a player at the bus depot from town or dinner, this prompts players to stay together." Yeah I just accept the fact if I go down no one is getting me. Plus is fun to mad scramble to set yourself back up after a round 32 down.

"Teleporters don't even make sense, why does a fancy lamp and a denizen depict if one can teleport to another lamp? Makes no sense!" Come on, lets be honest how does any teleporter make sense. lol

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i honestly think tranzit is a good map... no where near the best map to come out of codz though. i just like how they went with a big change, from small one area maps to being able to travel between areas in one map. And honestly for me it worked i like the fact the the map had areas where it was harder to survive in and thus requiring more communication from team mates whether it be because you are working together in one area and are coordinating positions or whether its because you are ll in separate areas.  

• 2 weeks later...

PROBLEMS I HAVE WITH TRANZIT

The Jet Gun is the next problem on the list. Building it is just not worth it in my opinion as the pieces are all scattered and it breaks to easily. I don't know if it's a Wonder Weapon per say, but I know it's probably the worst special weapon we've had in zombies in my opinion.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Just have to say the Jet Guns purpose is for the easter egg. It's not meant for the players to keep using it (though by all means, keep building it!)

Edited by ThunderGlove142

Just have to say the Jet Guns purpose is for the easter egg. It's not meant for the players to keep using it (though by all means, keep building it!)

So by that reckoning, all weapons used in previous EE's were only made for the purpose of doing the EE then? No!

The Jetgun is supposed to be a weapon first and an EE item second... albeit it's a garbage weapon, but still.

I've always seen it as a EE weapon first...who in their right mind builds this thing with the intention of rebuilding it through the whole game, when the weapon itself puts you at a major disadvantage.

I actually like Tranzit, but there are a few things that I don't really like in the game that would have made it more enjoyable.

Jet Gun- It's been brought up already so I'll just say I agree with most of you on the uselessness of such a "wonderful" weapon.

Lack of exploration- There was all this new stuff to look at, and it ended up being mostly just that....something to look at.  I spent so much time in that huntsman cabin KNOWING something was there but nope, other than a few in game items it's a useless part of the game. Same with the corn fields, we get two large areas, yet on each side there is only one place to visit. It also made no sense why zombies could run through the corn but we could not, a simple fix would have just been to add the water/mud effect while you were not on the path.

Nacht- Gave me half the map to play, I was disappointed that we couldn't use the other 4 rooms when in reality, you can't survive there very long anyway with non buildable windows and ffs, it's Nacht, not the most known map for high rounds...

The unanswered questions- All the crap that was unfinished and nobody could just admit they ran out of time (again), I enjoy the map very much, but all this time later and I'm still asking what the hell is up with the orbs and the ghost kids in the corn fields, as well as the men and women voices in the bar. The potential for small detail was there, but I guess it just had to get it finished and out on time for the release.

It's a bunch of maps combined into one, the only form of travel is the bus (which can be easily invaded by zombies), denizens, him, pack a punch, the jet gun, the bank, lava, easter egg, the fog, nav cards (is that what they're called?), that one hole in the power station, the turret, the electric trap, did I mention DENZENS?!
The only good part about this map in my opinion are the persistent upgrades.  

The map is a total flop.  :facepalm:

The following is true for everything in life;

Some people will like it, others will not.

Personally this is the map that got me fully hooked on Zombies.

Still, it all boils down to preference, and I think this topic has run it's course.

I agree with this post, at least for the merit in the fact that a persons "first" zombie experience will always be their favorite or among their favorites, but I honestly feel that folks who got hooked on zombies in BO2 with tranzit will find after the next zombies game or 2 how lack luster tranzit was.  sure it can hold some sentimental value like Nacht does for me, but tranzit is really awful in the grand scheme of zombies maps

• 4 months later...

I, for one, enjoyed TZit... I've never had so much fun trying to figure out a non-existent EE... The atmosphere of TZit is unrivaled by any other map except Nacht Der Untoten... Hearing a Z coming from somewhere in the distance, walking out of the fog moaning, THAT is what CoD Zs should be... I hate the Harry Potter Magic Wand bullshit that is Origins...

I, for one, enjoyed TZit... I've never had so much fun trying to figure out a non-existent EE... The atmosphere of TZit is unrivaled by any other map except Nacht Der Untoten... Hearing a Z coming from somewhere in the distance, walking out of the fog moaning, THAT is what CoD Zs should be... I hate the Harry Potter Magic Wand bullshit that is Origins...

Teleporting lamps, toilets that are much bigger on the inside, goblins that like to claw your eyes out, a being that can teleport and fire lightning through it's hands.... Sounds to me that tranzit is the most Harry-Potter-esque map there is. 

Teleporting lamps, toilets that are much bigger on the inside, goblins that like to claw your eyes out, a being that can teleport and fire lightning through it's hands.... Sounds to me that tranzit is the most Harry-Potter-esque map there is. 

Touche, sir... Again, though, my first experiences with any map are my most memorable... I'd heard the weasels scream from in the fog, but the first time I witnessed a friend step into the darkness and return with one on his face, screaming for help, was incredible... It took us countless games to learn how to PaP... All in all, it goes down as my favorite map of any Zs game to date, but I can understand why some people find it a hassle...

• 1 month later...

I didn't like this map at all. Even taking Der Riese and other similar PaP layouts into consideration, this one was absolutely inexcusable, too many things can go wrong with it. The Denizens....  I think they took the size, speed and overall nuisance of the space monkeys and reskinned it, minus the perk stealing ability. At least you could bloody see the damn monkeys, unlike the Denizens in which the fog is EVERYWHERE and you can't see a meter in front of you.

The Avagadro is just so annoying. I've only ever personally encountered him once, that was enough. Especially in tight areas like the farm gate or if he spawns in front of the bus, he's too hard to maneuver around and you're very likely to die straight away if you don't have the knuckles. Since he can't be killed with normal guns, that made it just unfair, especially if you haven't got the knuckles yet. 

Oh the Jet Gun.... Just. No. I have no idea what Treyarch was thinking when they added this to Tranzit, but I think it was appropriate. A crappy gun for a crappy map. I'm starting to think Tranzit was put there so the story presented in Die Rise and Buried wouldn't look as weird. Eh, just my two cents.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually lokce tranzit it make you feel like you can run around more, yes there are the denizen and the lave which are annoying. I think if they had made the teleporters not random or added more hidden short cuts it would be more worth it to try to build the buildables hidden around.

• 4 months later...

Well I never bought into the BO2 hype, for some reason wasn't really that bothered by it at the time, so wasn't aware of it supposed to be being a campaign or anything, perhaps that's why I absolutely love Tranzit. 

Ok it's not the best long-term map - once you worked out how everything fitted together with the fog and the teleporters and stuff, it got a bit bland, none of the clever level design of Die Rise, MOTD, Origins etc. 

But I loved the feeling i got from playing it when it first came out. It really felt like exploring the unknown, particularly because we didn't know the characters,or why we were here, or what had happened to the Original 4, and how they tied in to what was happening in Green Run. It was great fun bouncing around on the bus with a group of friends, trying to work out what was going on. 

I'd say the fact that the BO2 Zombies storyline never really satisfied those of us who wanted more of the time travelling adventures of Dempsey, Nikolai etc, was just as much a failing of the other BO2 Zombies maps as it was of Tranzit. Tranzit set the beginning of the story up nicely - it was Buried, MOTD or Origins which should have provided the payoff (although they were all excellent maps in their own right). Treyarch can still put everything right with BO3 though. If that nicely concludes our O4 storyline (in a way that blows our minds) then the post-apocalyptic adventures of the New 4 will just seem like an interesting interlude in the epic main storyline. 

Don't forget there are parts of the New 4 storyline which haven't been properly explained and might still be important to the story in BO3 Zombies - the real meaning of "mend the rift", the connection to MOTD, the flesh eating cult, most interestingly of all the fact that they seem to be living in a time loop - as shown in the intro to Die Rise. 

Tranzit isn't my favorite map, but I do think it holds a unique and special place in Zombies history, as it masterfully encapsulates the zombie apocalypse theme. It was ambitious and groundbreaking, it's just that its groundbreaking additions to the call of duty zombie franchise weren't perfected until later maps - maps which consequently took all of the glory for innovations that were first introduced in Tranzit.

To me, the biggest thing holding tranzit back is the mediocrity of the buildables. The electric trap, turret,and turbine range anywhere from frustrating to embarrassingly useless. It's pretty obvious that Tranzit wasn't adequately tested. We know this because it is abundantly clear to anyone who has gotten past round 7 how woefully inadequate the turret and trap are and how preposterously annoying it is to pack-a-punch a weapon. (I still don't understand why Treyarch never released a patch buffing the buildables)

I never really had an issue with either the denizen-filled fog or the bus. I think both are interesting idiosyncrasies that help make the Tranzit experience a particularly unique and memorable one. (To me, standing out from the crowd is a very positive thing when it comes to zombie maps)

Overall, I very much appreciate tranzit for the ambitious, innovative effort that it was while also recognizing that some of its innovations were ultimately not perfected until later maps.

Edited by FabledVillain

I do not know why this map is despised so much, I had a really good game on it last night and it makes me want to play it even more. I can see there is a lot wrong with it but its definitely not one of my most least liked maps anymore. If you play it with friends I think it helps to make it fun as well but I really enjoyed playing last night, more than I have other maps in the past few months.

I do not know why this map is despised so much, I had a really good game on it last night and it makes me want to play it even more. I can see there is a lot wrong with it but its definitely not one of my most least liked maps anymore. If you play it with friends I think it helps to make it fun as well but I really enjoyed playing last night, more than I have other maps in the past few months.

I agree completely. Tranzit has really grown on me as time has gone on. One of the things that I really like about it is that there is a ton of versatility in terms of how one chooses to get set up in the early rounds. You can employ several different successful early round strategies that translate well into high round games (all without using the bank or fridge - two things I never use). This is in contrast to a map like Mob of the Dead in which you are pretty much forced to have a lot of the same goals in the early rounds, no matter where your long term camp spot and/or train spot will be. In other words, I find the play on Tranzit to be far less linear than several of the newer, more popular maps like MOTD and Origins. I think this adds tremendously to its "replay-ability" 

Edited by FabledVillain