CoD:Z's Official Persistent Upgrades List!

Have any of you been experiencing a crazy increase in power up drops lately? I felt like I should post it here just for the fact that it feels like an upgrade.

Usually in the mid teens-early twenties, I'll start seeing 6-10 power ups per round...double max ammos, a nuke that produces another nuke ect. I know it's always been possible for that, and after my third game I just had to start thinking that this was a result of something I was doing. I just wanted to know if anyone else has been seeing this, I get no green flash or anything, but I don't see a green flash when I get the "tombstone" upgrade either, but I have it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, I haven't played MOTD since...probably before Buried came out for xbox ( I am ps3 user). So if it is indeed an upgrade, it's obtainable on Die Rise pre Buried release.

I might do some tests tonight, not sure if I'm going to play, but if I do I will go to MOTD. Again, IF this is an upgrade, I'm thinking it's activated by getting over 20 rounds, it's when I notice it and I am guessing (for testing purposes) that you lose it by missing any drop. This includes the perk bottle from the max ammo rounds, but I can't say if you have to activate the bottle, or if you can shoot and just have the max ammo drop.

Okay So No one has seen or heard this one yet ( I think) so I would like o put one out there that I have noticed. Ever since I got this one (I don't know when) I get a powerup on EVERY FIRST KILL.

So I call it:

Game starter boost persistent upgrade.

How to obtain: UNKNOWN

What does it do?: Every first kill of any game will immediately grant a power up.

How to lose: UNKNOWN

I don't have proof of HOW to get it but I do know that I can replicate it. Please message me on xbox BOOMSHOT1356 if you are up to do some discovering.

My Theory:

Since I usually spend most of my time on round 1 setting up, I assume the upgrade has something do with doing stuff VERY early in the game. Here is my usual steps:

1.Put the shotgun on the wall. +1000

2. Open up bank. -750

3. Pull out around 12k. +12000

4. Let Leroy out. +200

5. Turn on Power. -750

6. Get the candy and use it on the box.

7. Get another booze and open Jugg path. Sometimes -1250 for opening saloon and sometimes 0 because the booze respawned in his cell.

8. Grab jug. -2500

9. Grab Mule Kick. -4000

10. Grab Speed Cola. -3000

11. This one can vary. I will tap the box until I can get Paralyzer, Time Bomb, and a powerful weapon. And a nice third gun. Around -10000

12. If I do have around 12k at this part, I hit the bank until I get around 12k. +12000

13. Hit the Bullseye in the bar (+100). -1250 If I did not open it before. if I did -0

14. Open witch house. -1250

15. Buy Double tap. -2000

16. Go through the house and pack a punch. I am good with the ghosts and know every spawn. -5000 (PAP)

17. go get the free perk from the piano. -10

18. Get the free perk from a ghost and use the timebomb to duplicate it.

End results of round 1:

-at least 5k on hand

-all seven perks

-Petrifier

-Time bombs

-Money making weapon.

As of recently I have been purchasing the galva knuckles as well and usually knifing with it on the beginning rounds. But that step can fall anywhere.

So that Is my process that has lead me to getting this.

Nice find alpha. I also think there may be an explosive upgrade of some sort. I killed a zombie with a mustang and sally shot and I think I heard the sound and mist or the upgrades. But I'm not entirely sure. I am going to look at the theatre if I can find the gameplay of it and you guys can start theorizing what it was/does.

Also I have been having problems with the green mist appearing. And sometimes it will appear in some random spot.

As promised heres a video.

Can't see any trace of an upgrade that we have seen before. This might be similar to this one as stated above by PINNAZ?

Frag Granade & Monkey Bomb Kills/usage - Saw this in the last few games of Buried. I've been trying to rack up my grande kills & saw the green flash after multiple Granade Kills/usage. 

I also think I got the green flash after throwing a monkey bomb? 

My last few games I've made round 40, 50 & 60, it's its hard to find them in theatre.

I am not sure if it's been discussed before, but I believe there is a limit to the upgrades you can have at one time.

Two nights ago, we were taking a break in between rounds and I usually just keep a zombie in a window so it can't bleed out, and it gives me a chance to get iron boards when I lose them.

I must have boarded that stupid window for about 10-15 minutes straight, and about half of that I had two zombies tearing the windows down. I never did get iron boards, later in that game I went back and with in the first 5 minutes I got them.

Has anyone else had problems getting an upgrade? I couldn't tell you how many I had because I rarely even try to get them, they just happen and I take advantage of it while it lasts. Another thought is perhaps you can't pair specific upgrades together.

I am not sure if it's been discussed before, but I believe there is a limit to the upgrades you can have at one time.

Two nights ago, we were taking a break in between rounds and I usually just keep a zombie in a window so it can't bleed out, and it gives me a chance to get iron boards when I lose them.

I must have boarded that stupid window for about 10-15 minutes straight, and about half of that I had two zombies tearing the windows down. I never did get iron boards, later in that game I went back and with in the first 5 minutes I got them.

Has anyone else had problems getting an upgrade? I couldn't tell you how many I had because I rarely even try to get them, they just happen and I take advantage of it while it lasts. Another thought is perhaps you can't pair specific upgrades together.

I thought the same thing at first when trying to get cash back. But sooner or late I got it. I to have been having problems getting the steel barrier upgrade. I don't think you can get it in one round. Im not sure :|

I noticed an error.

You have the "Iron Barriers Persistent Upgrade". However, there are TWO Persistent Upgrades that have to do with steel barricades.

One is the Steel Barriers Persistent Upgrade (or whatever you want to call it) that allows you to rebuild steel barriers. Info for that can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=136&t=27477&p=266266#p266266

The other one is the Carpenter Persistent Upgrade, which rebuilds a bunch of steel barriers in a Carpenter-like fashion, good only for a one-time use (lest you keep getting it).

But they are two separate Persistent Upgrades that are not related except in simple similarity.

I noticed an error.

You have the "Iron Barriers Persistent Upgrade". However, there are TWO Persistent Upgrades that have to do with steel barricades.

One is the Steel Barriers Persistent Upgrade (or whatever you want to call it) that allows you to rebuild steel barriers. Info for that can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=136&t=27477&p=266266#p266266

The other one is the Carpenter Persistent Upgrade, which rebuilds a bunch of steel barriers in a Carpenter-like fashion, good only for a one-time use (lest you keep getting it).

But they are two separate Persistent Upgrades that are not related except in simple similarity.

The regular iron barriers is gained by repairing a lot of barriers. You lose it by not repairing a window in a single round.

the second one is gained by killing a zombie that is still behind its baricade while the carpenter is rebuilding barriers. (before the 200 points is given) then the next carpenter all bariers that are rebuilt will get steel barriers. You will lose it if you don't kill a zombie before the 200 points is given to you.

Alright I know I haven't updated in a while but I was waiting for more responses and Discoveries BEFORE I repost again. So here we go update 5:

-Grill. Thanks for the sticky! I do hope this is a useful guide for the community and WILL continue to be. I will update as fast as possible when possible.

-Murder and BSZ. Thank you for pointing out a major flaw. I was wondering if I was missing something. I remembered there were iron barriers then I heard rumors of a carpenter. I believed they were the same. Thanks for the clear up.

-R102609. I will need proof of it to continue on that. Please either get one of these 2:

-video proof of how to do it.

-get another player to replicate.

-be able to duplicate.

Meet 2 of those and I will be more than willing to add it. Otherwise awesome find and I will be watching out for your proof.

A word on Tombstone Persistent Upgrade:

I have been hearing MANY rumors that a way to PERMANENTLY keep this Upgrade is to finish Richtofens side of the EEs and press the button. Now, I know this maybe a lot to ask, but when someone finds the time to do the Endgame on Richtofen, please try to lose tombstone persistent upgrade and see if it is true. I would do it myself but I must go back and do all richtofen first before I can test this. Thank you to ANYONE in advance who may know more info on this.

I believe that is all for now.

see ya in the next update!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Im here I might as well do a quick promo (Not for **** please report this topic, post **** sinks!)

Are you out of money? Need a quick and fun way to get more? Then This is for you! Check out the post "ARe you smarter than a Zombie?" For information on a game show I am hosting. Please message me on Xbox at BOOMSHOT1356 if you wanna give it a shot!

I can't lose that tombstone persitent perk at all. I have had it since the first weekend of buried (around that time) and I haven't lost it since. Sometimes I wish I didn't have it so I could get rid of perks that I didn't need anymore. Ex- I want double tap in the early rounds of die rise to make rounds go by faster. But after round 25, I wish it was gone so I could use my other perk combo. But the only way to do that would be to down myself with whos who in an elevator shaft so I would spawn in with just a pistol.