CoD:Z's Official Persistent Upgrades List!

You are missing Cash back and Olympia ray gun. And as birdman said, you get headshot upgrade by making a double headshot and lose it when you kill too many zombies without headshots. Also it does not give any sort of aim assist what it does is it will increase damage inflicted to the head. Its the most useful persistent upgrade out there.

+1. It's not an auto aim for headshots feature, but more of a damage multiplier. If it was aim assist, I would hate that upgrade lol.

Does anyone know if there are multiple tiers to the upgrades? The Headshot upgrade in particular. Diring the last few solo games on Buried, I've noticed the green flash from headshots going off 4 or 5 times during the game. I literally go only for headshots after round 5 (usually end up with around 80-90% at the end of the game), so I don't think it was just me losing and acquiring over and over again.

Also, it seemed like after the flash went off, the damage multiplier from headshots would increase each time. Does anyone know if there are multiple tiers for the Headshot persistant upgrade?

They don't stack but I think you get it to each gun separately and it might be a glitch you get it again from double headshots every now and then even with the same gun. I was playing Die Rise and ended up with 1399 headshots and got it multiple times to my SVU even tough I went for the heads all the time.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the carpenter, window barrier, cash-back, mystery (teddy) box, headshot multiplier, jugg, insta-kill, and revive work on TranZit and Die Rise, but does sniper points, pistol points, half-points, raygun/olympia exchange, and the only lose one perk when downed upgrades work on any map but buried. These are not names but mere descriptions for folks to understand. I have tried half-points, whos/who like upgrade and they dont work on die rise. I am gonna start a match of Die Rise and try for pistol points. Is it also confirmed that persistent flopper works only on Buried cause i was on round 25 with six perks on die rise, I went down to whos who and couldnt revive myself so all i had was a pistol. I bought double tap and fell off the roof at dead-mans corner landed at the shower doors and lived. Also my friend in the same match fell from the top of quick revive down to trample steam table/ bathroom area with no fall damage. I checked the video and neither of us landed on anything to brace our fall.... Please feel free to correct me if I am incorrect, and inform me please.

I'm not sure which ones you may be missing off of the top of my head, but one thing I do know is that some persistent perks stay only with one map. For example, you cannot get persistent-Flopper on Die Rise. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the list is as follows:

TranZit:

-QR

-Jug

-Deadshot

-Red Insta

-Iron Barriers

-Carpenter Iron Barriers

-Mystery Box

-Cash Back

-Olympia Ray Gun

Die Rise:

(Same as TranZit)

-QR

-Jug

-Deadshot

-Red Insta

-Iron Barriers

-Carpenter Iron Barriers

-Mystery Box

-Cash Back

-Olympia Ray Gun

Buried:

-QR

-Jug

-Deadshot

-Red Insta

-Iron Barriers

-Carpenter Iron Barriers

-Mystery Box

-Cash Back

-Olympia Ray Gun

-Flopper

-Sniper Mega Points

-Pistol Double Points

-Half Off Double Points

-Tombstone

Remember to update the OP to change out all the "Permas" before the upgrade names. There is a big difference between the perks received at the end of Mined Games and the Persistent Upgrades :D

Hope this helped.

UPDATE 2

1. I have updated as many parts as I saw when it comes to the proper term of "Persistent Upgrade" as to the unofficial and incorrect "Perma-perk". It was a pain but I did say This is CoD:Z's List so we should represent it in a correct manner!

2. TheNathanNS. I believe one can take 6 hits without juggernog anyway. But I have added it in anyway because it could possibly stack. I will do more research into it

3. Grill. Thanks for changing it. Also I will plan on doing EVERY Upgrade out there so this will be a reliable location for info.

4. Birdman. Thank you for the info. I always thought it was auto aim but it does make sense that I can shoot a zombie in the head with one sniper bullet on round 30 with double tap and get a one shot one kill. Thank you to everyone else who added info on that.

5. Matuzz. Thank you for reminding me of those ones. I have added them.

6. bagel_. AWESOME LIST. Thank you very much for that. I will have to check if all these are in the right locations but you saved me a helluva time and I thank you for that.

I need more help on Cash Bank Persistent Upgrade. I feel that my explanation is sketchy and needs more help. Any info is welcome.

Okay that does it for update 2. I will update this again tomorrow morning if there are more concerns or new findings. Please remember to check if a part of the article says (NEED INFO). All help is appreciated and will be credited.

Cash back is a pain to gain... :roll: Anyways, it takes about 40-60 perks drank to get and you have to go prone almost every time to actually get the upgrade. You lose it by not going prone after buying a perk. So you could literally have it forever but its just a pain to get back and if you mess up just once, then it goes away.

Oh and the raygun persitent upgrade... well its not from not passing round 4. Its from not having any tally marks.

Glad to see I could help. TBSZ is correct about both perks, and here's some of the info you said you needed:

Olympia to a Ray Gun Persistent Upgrade is only in solo.

Flopper:

Lose it by taking a significant amount of damage from falling off of a ledge, or by downing yourself with grenades. It does have a tendency to disappear between games, but I've had it carried over between games.

Tombstone:

I'm 50% sure you lose it by failing to be revived after being downed. I've never had it carry over for me between games.

I've also compiled a few video guides to go with each description on how to get the upgrades. You can just copy and paste the coding to the OP if you want to add them.

[b]Bear in mind 3arc has officially dubbed these "things" Persistent Upgrades, not Perma Perks.[/b]

QR:
[youtube]bmYw79lO1Y8[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmYw79lO1Y8[/url]

Tombstone:
[youtube]ubKWFJmAfRU[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubKWFJmAfRU[/url]

Flopper:
[youtube]lS5hwBJWRlA[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS5hwBJWRlA[/url]

Jug:
[youtube]Ta7_-EWp658[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta7_-EWp658[/url]

Headpopper/Deadshot
[youtube]ClbBw4Ru2mg[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClbBw4Ru2mg[/url]

Red Insta Kill:
[youtube]vhbeDWGb1UY[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbeDWGb1UY[/url]

Iron Barriers:
[youtube]6fPi1UEijg8[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fPi1UEijg8[/url]

Carpenter Iron Barriers:
[youtube]etMPumb6AhQ[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etMPumb6AhQ[/url]

Mystery Box:
[youtube]s87vToliJGQ[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s87vToliJGQ[/url]

Double Points Pistols:
[youtube]EtQQKlmDD3o[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtQQKlmDD3o[/url]

Money Shot:
[youtube]fTENAaHkj4g[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTENAaHkj4g[/url]

Double Points Price Cut (Or Price Cut. I think it sounds nice.):
[youtube]z9VZOop5RA4[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9VZOop5RA4[/url]

Olympia to a Ray Gun:
[youtube]imF1sGcFX18[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imF1sGcFX18[/url]

Cash Back:
[youtube]eaHUSAS-kss[/youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaHUSAS-kss[/url]

If this thread is going to be official, might as well make it as detailed as possible :D

The thread is coming along nicely. Well done. 

Just an idea about the formatting. Could you make each title to stand out a bit more. It's a little hard to read. However you think is best.  

example

Quick Revive Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: Pick up people over and over again. Once you have picked someone up enough times, a green light will appear around your body. This can take around 10-15 revives.

What does it do?: This will pick up people at the speed of a Quick Revive. THIS CAN STACK WITH QUICK REVIVE.

How to lose: Either fail to pick someone up, go down to often, or stop picking up someone then stopping mid revive.

Some of my observations -

Flopper Persistent Upgrade 

How to loose - Take fall damage without "flopping"

Mystery Box Persistent Upgrade -

How to loose - Lost 10 Rounds after acquiring it. 

Also how to lose the teddy upgrade. Its after going 10 rounds with it. I think.... Every time on round 10 I get a sound saying I lost an upgrade. And I got the upgrade on round 1. But if I get the perk on round 2 or 3 I don't hear the sound till later. Im not sure but thats the only thing I can think of.

I agree. I've been making the Big Guy keep the box at the original spawn on buried, getting the Teddy bear on round 1 & at the end if round 10 I hear the loosing sound. 

Everything Half Off (working title) Persistent Upgrade -

How to loose - don't acquire "X" amount of points during X2

Once obtained, you keep this upgrade for the next Double Points, as long as you keep making "X" amount of points, you will always retain this. It's only lost if you don't acquire the set number of points for the following X2.

It's so hard to figure out the exact amount of points required because the green flash doesn't happen until the end of double points. (I need to go through my theatre because I have countless occasions where I have obtained this)

Cash Back Persistent Upgrade 

How to loose - if you have this upgrade & don't go prone every time you buy a perk - Gone

I first acquired this by playing Tranzit & buying quick revive then restarting. It only took Between 4 & 6 buys. The one time I did not go prone when I bought a perk, it was lost. I have not been able to regain this since. 

Other persistent upgrades (Green flashes) I have seen & need further investigation. 

EMP Granade - saw the green flash in Tranzit ages ago when another player threw an EMP. I think it occurred after 2 or 3 consecutive rounds of him putting zombies "to sleep". I have only seen & heard of this in that game. (I think I was playing with InfestLithium as well)

Frag Granade & Monkey Bomb Kills/usage - Saw this in the last few games of Buried. I've been trying to rack up my grande kills & saw the green flash after multiple Granade Kills/usage. 

I also think I got the green flash after throwing a monkey bomb? 

My last few games I've made round 40, 50 & 60, it's its hard to find them in theatre.

Speed Reload - have noticed this on 2 or 3 occasions. Uncertain of criteria. 

Buildables - I have seen this on maybe 3 occasions. I think it occurs when all you do is collect parts & build them at the workbenches. Dont know exactly. Green flash happens after you have assembled the part. Not sure of the feature either.

Good job on the list!

I can now confirm that the persistent upgrade for keeping four perks when downed works on die rise. I do not know how i obtained it,but i did buy four perks on round 1 no green flash. After round 15 green flashes were popping up for nothing everywhere, 2-3 a round . I also achieved half points and a new power up drop upgrade. This is not speculation or mere guessing, we would get 2 or 3 max ammos a round two double points and two max ammos at the same time ,2 nukes, 3 carpenters, basically a minimum of 6 to 10 drops a round i noticed it stopped dropping power ups as much when we didn't not grab a carpenter on round 33. Any feedback or similar experiences, please note. I believe you achieve the power-up upgrade through grabbing all drops that drop DONT MISS ANY, including un needed perk bottles on minion rounds. Obtaining half points requires getting at least 5k in points during double points and not buying anything, it is lost through th 2nd 2x points drop you get after obtaining this upgrade.

I can now confirm that the persistent upgrade for keeping four perks when downed works on die rise. I do not know how i obtained it,but i did buy four perks on round 1 no green flash. After round 15 green flashes were popping up for nothing everywhere, 2-3 a round . I also achieved half points and a new power up drop upgrade. This is not speculation or mere guessing, we would get 2 or 3 max ammos a round two double points and two max ammos at the same time ,2 nukes, 3 carpenters, basically a minimum of 6 to 10 drops a round i noticed it stopped dropping power ups as much when we didn't not grab a carpenter on round 33. Any feedback or similar experiences, please note. I believe you achieve the power-up upgrade through grabbing all drops that drop DONT MISS ANY, including un needed perk bottles on minion rounds. Obtaining half points requires getting at least 5k in points during double points and not buying anything, it is lost through th 2nd 2x points drop you get after obtaining this upgrade.

I also achieved half points and a new power up drop upgrade. This is not speculation or mere guessing, we would get 2 or 3 max ammos a round two double points and two max ammos at the same time ,2 nukes, 3 carpenters, basically a minimum of 6 to 10 drops a round i noticed it stopped dropping power ups as much when we didn't not grab a carpenter on round 33. Any feedback or similar experiences, please note. I believe you achieve the power-up upgrade through grabbing all drops that drop DONT MISS ANY, including un needed perk bottles on minion rounds.

I was going to mention this. I thought I had the green flash when I collected a Ka-Boom (Nuke) & I believe that I had collected every power-up that game. I agree with you on that.

Im sorry to be a skeptic, but can we make it a rule that you need to show proof before we throw around theories of new upgrades? I myself have thought I found a new upgrade when opening doors, knifing zombies, and other things but after looking through footage I saw it was something else...

Here we go on update 3. I know I promised it this morning but I had a sudden meeting to attend. Also. You may notice the coloring is weird ETC ETC. This is because my computer had a brain fart and I almost lost all that I had added. So rather than lose it all, I just posted the edit and will go back and correct this.

Okay on to the update.

1. Thank you BSZ I have added all the info you have provided.

2. bagel_. Epic job again. I can never get those vids to actually show rather than just links but thank you for sorting that out right off the back. Thanks for all your help and info.

3. Thanks for the catch murder. I have also taken your past ideas and implemented them into the post.

4. PINNAZ. Thanks for the info. I have added as much of it as I could. However, I will also add your list of things that are "unconfirmed" as of now.

5.JRZSlayer21. Thank you very much for testing these out and taking to time to get back to us on it. That Is a big thanks.

Lastly, as an overall thing: I WILL NOT be posting theories on upgrades. I need solid proof and a way to duplicate the upgrade. IF I have 1 or the other or neither, I cannot make it official as it will be false info. PLEASE if you have discovered something, provide some kind of proof and an explanation.

That does it for this update. Again don't worry about the OP. I will fix that when I get the chance.

JRZ speaks the truth lol

You can go into mine or his, on my account it will be the last game I played. 33 rounds and we had the tombstone thing, a lot of power ups, I could never get the point upgrade but he did. I just assumed you need the maximum number of perks on that stage to activate the "tombstone" upgrade, once I went down the second time, having lost quick revive the first down, I came back with no perks.

My PSN is on my signature, last game I played, unless JRZ has edited it to make it easier to watch.

JRZ speaks the truth lol

You can go into mine or his, on my account it will be the last game I played. 33 rounds and we had the tombstone thing, a lot of power ups, I could never get the point upgrade but he did. I just assumed you need the maximum number of perks on that stage to activate the "tombstone" upgrade, once I went down the second time, having lost quick revive the first down, I came back with no perks.

My PSN is on my signature, last game I played, unless JRZ has edited it to make it easier to watch.

what upgrade are you guys trying to prove?

And on the sniper and pistol upgrades, they are available on tranzit. I got the pistol one early but it took a LOT of very LONG shots to get the dsr one. I ended up emping zombies at one side of the m16 tunnel and going to the other side before I was able to get it. I will be uploading the footage after this game unless this game turns out to be a round 50 or something and corrupts the footage.

Just the tombstone upgrade and a possible power up upgrade on Die Rise, ps3. I wasn't even sure if they were added for ps3 yet was just adding to JRZ's post that they do indeed work on ps3...

The only think I could think of as far as losing the tombstone upgrade, was just to not have all perks. I couldn't get it twice in the same game, although I never did get all 6 perks again that game. Just something I wanted to add in case you had the time to test.

AlphaOmega, I know you said you wouldn't add theories if someone discovered something and that you need proof for it. Sadly, I have no way to record this but I thought I would post it anyways.

For the Money Shot Persisitent Upgrade, I found that the way to lose it is if you miss 3 sniper shots. It might be possible that it goes away after a while but I know that you lose it if you miss three shots.

I'm going to go back and test some more persistent upgrades so I thought I should help out with the list and provide some more information. Like I said, I can't record this so feel free to test it out when you can.

Thanks for the list and thanks for everyone that has helped!

AlphaOmega, I know you said you wouldn't add theories if someone discovered something and that you need proof for it. Sadly, I have no way to record this but I thought I would post it anyways.

For the Money Shot Persisitent Upgrade, I found that the way to lose it is if you miss 3 sniper shots. It might be possible that it goes away after a while but I know that you lose it if you miss three shots.

I'm going to go back and test some more persistent upgrades so I thought I should help out with the list and provide some more information. Like I said, I can't record this so feel free to test it out when you can.

Thanks for the list and thanks for everyone that has helped!

Since I still have it, I wouldn't mind testing it.

Edit: Yep, miss 3 shots in a row and you lose it.

Edit, again: Video included. This shows me getting the pistol perk on tranzit. It then shows me getting the sniper perk(green mist doesn't appear for some reason...) and then losing it by shooting 3 times. it then show me getting it a second time (this time it shows green mist...)

Alright Update 4

-BSZombie. Thank you for going out and confirming it and coming back with evidence. However, It would be very inconsiderate to not mention JRZ and Tattoo as having been helping out as well. Thank you to all three for your help. P.S. BSZ Best of luck on UOTM!

-UndeadNightmare. Thank you for going out and confirming how to lose the Sniper Mega points.

I also wanted to thank everyone so far for their support and help. This guide is for the community to use and it is for all of us to improve. I am merely typing up the words!

I would also like to enlighten on what I meant about "theories". Theories to me mean than you have:

-No proof

-Said from mouth

-Unable to replicate

-No one else knows what it is

HOWEVER! This does not mean I do not want to hear theories. If you bring a theory, explain what you did to do it and try and replicate with proof. Then, try to get a fellow zombie slayer to do it. You don't have to do all of this, but it does help concentrate on what REAL upgrades are out there.

For instance. I have gotten the Multiple powerup Upgrade before. I even admit it did happen. However, I cannot say my methods. I have no proof. And I cannot replicate. Once I have at least 2 of these, then I could make a case that it is REAL. However, until it can be proven, it would just be theory.

Also remember this is "Official" meaning we don't want too much theorized info in the OP. We reserve that for the solid evidence.

Thanks again for everyones help and please enjoy your evening. Update 5 will be out around tomorrow afternoon.