Emblem at Grief mode

BinSys

Hi everyone,

I have some projects for zombie mode now. Today I would like to report one of them. That is about the change of emblem at Grief mode. I don't know if this topic should be submitted to this category.

I have obtained following results.

1. Status can be grown under a situation without the change of emblem. Single bone emblem can have a status of shotguns (for example, those are kill, death, down and etc.).

How to make the account with the status.

1. Prepare a new account for this.

2. Basically must not grow the number of lines of upper left of emblem more than 4.

3. Under the lines are less than 4, make your status grow by random match of Grief mode.

You can get a single bone with high status.

2. Status grown much under a situation without the change of emblem occurs a large change. That suddenly changes from single bone to shotguns.

How to get the large change of emblem from single bone to shotguns.

1. Make an account grew enough with the status obtained by above method.

2. Play only one game at survival mode.

You can get an account which is changed suddenly from a single bone to shotguns.

I can show you the proof using a following image.

High resolution image is here.

The left image is a status before I play a game of Survival mode (Solo Farm). The right one is the status after the game. I have got 25,136 kills, 106 downs, 6 deaths and etc at random match of Grief mode. I have obtained this status by playing 131 matches at Grief mode. And then, I played a game of Survival mode (Solo Farm). I got 460 kills, 1 downs, 1 deaths and etc. Just after the game of Survival mode, the emblem grew suddenly from a single bone to shotguns.

This account (HeeringRoe) for PS3 at the image is my Grief account. :D

3. We think that the growth velocity of emblem at Grief mode is faster than that at Survival mode.

I would like to ask about this to everyone.

Do you feel that the growth velocity of emblem is different between Survival mode and Grief mode?

Thank you for reading this. If this result has already reported at elsewhere, I'm sorry for this report.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting find! So Grief really does affect your ranking although those effects are not actually "felt" (for lack of a better word...) until you play a game of Survival.

I can't comment how fast you rank up by playing Grief vs. Survival, but I've seen people hit shotguns with 15,000 kills by playing only Solo Farm/Survival.

One last note: any custom game will NOT change your rank whatsoever, but the stats do count. I believe that custom games fall under the same category as Grief now.

Very interesting find! So Grief really does affect your ranking although those effects are not actually "felt" (for lack of a better word...) until you play a game of Survival.

I can't comment how fast you rank up by playing Grief vs. Survival, but I've seen people hit shotguns with 15,000 kills by playing only Solo Farm/Survival.

One last note: any custom game will NOT change your rank whatsoever, but the stats do count. I believe that custom games fall under the same category as Grief now.

Thank you for your comments and important information.

The result that a shotgun emblem was obtained by killing 15,000 is important for me. This may be a key of clarifing mechanisms between Grief and Survival.

Also Grief mode at custom game will not change the emblem. But if Survival mode is played only one time, the emblem may be changed as well as my result.

I would like to investigate the mechanisms more.

• 3 weeks later...

I can attest to this, I was tirelessly playing matches of zombies for the longest time trying to achieve shotguns but to no avail was stuck at a knife. Finally I simply lost concern and just played multiplayer for a good while, maybe a month or so.

When I came back to zombies my friends were all very interested in grief so I joined them as I grew a huge enjoyment of mob of the dead grief... After wining 11 matches in a row I went to play buried when it was released and made it to simply round 35 with one down... emblem was still the same directly after and I got offline...

Three days later I got on and HOLY GIMINEEZ there it was... I immediately reviewed my recent games to see what may have sparked it and all I noticed that I hadn't ever really done in the past was having played and won 11 grief games in a row... this was just about two weeks ago as well... So if other people are having this happen as well then I find this close to definitive proof that while grief doesn't directly affect rank it definitely allows one to "slingshot" forward in rank if they do very well in grief than have a fairly good survival run... :) This should def all be posted into the general discussion for ranks as well to let people notice this possible trend...

Thank you for your comments.

Also I believe that Grief mode strongly affects to the growth of the emblem.

I have some accounts for this experiment. Recently, I got a shotgun emblem from a single bone one. The change was grow suddenly from a single bone to shotguns. At this time, total kills and downs are 13,000 and 160, respectively. After I got 12,000 kills and 159 downs by only playing random much at Grief mode, I got the shotguns by playing one game at Survival. On the other hand, the status of 15,000 kills and 30 downs obtained by only playing survival mode didn't lead to the shotguns. This indicates that Grief mode affects strongly to the growth of emblem.

I'll still continue to research the emblem system for Grief mode. :)

Very interesting stuff! I am yet to see any Results on my account, But if/when i do ill post the things i know here.

Awesome thread.

Thank you! I already have a new account for new experiment. So I'll report other parameters in the future. ^^

• 2 weeks later...