Your Favourite Grief Map (Thus Far)?

When Black Ops II came out, we received two Grief locations within Green Run: Farm and Town. Both were fun, but after a while, became boring to most zombie players. However, with Mob of the Dead, we were also treated to a new Grief map: Cell Block.

Which of these maps (thus far) is your favourite? Personally, mine is Cell Block. With the lack of Juggernog and Quick Revive, it can really feel hectic and out of control. It's almost always fast pace and every match is just pure fun for me.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cell Block, for sure. Several reasons to say the least:

- More intense / hectic;

- No Juggernog (a really cool twist);

- PhD Flopper (I don't even need to elaborate);

- Actually has decent weapons and perks to make it fun enough to play.

I would honestly put 90% of my vote on Cell Block, the remaining 10% would go to Town and Farm because of one thing: EMP grenades. Have you ever thrown one of these at an opponent's Box pull / Pack-a-punch? It's a terrific feeling. :lol:

• Administrators

Cell Block all the way for me. No Juggernog = more reliability on skill and planning than just survival. Everything is very closed off and narrow so you must keep moving forward or die trying. The addition of traps is perfect for messing with the other team. Everything is in the right place and timing is everything. You are guaranteed to have such a difficult match if you are not working with your teammates. It's beautiful.

Town is great if you want to hold down the fort, but it's more of just two opposing teams going into survival until they are forced to move.

Farm involves a lot of problems for the enemy (which is good), and it heavily relies on teamwork since you're stuck hitting the box or cashing out with the MP5.

on town and farm you HAVE to get emps or the game will take freking forever to finish out. And heres an interesting tip for you guys. If you see someone pack a punch, knife them off the catwalk then run all the way across and lay prone so they cant get up the double staircase doorway. We did this in a grief tourny and the guy had no guns or points because he spent all 5k on M&S and couldn't get anything else.

To avoid this, crouch after PaPing.

Favorite: Cell Block

I like Town and farm but Farm only has two wall weapons and no Pack-A-Punch and Town is alright but it the first few rounds take forever to complete, so that is why Cell Block as it has more than 2 wall weapons, it has Pack-a-Punch and the rounds don't seem to take forever. Also, it has the perks Deadshot and Phd Flopper. The only thing I don't like about Cell Block is that there is no Juggernog, but I could live without that.

• 1 month later...

Firstly, I can't play Resolution 1295 Grief because I have a PlayStation 3, although after seeing gameplay footage on Youtube I must say it probably will be my favorite.

But for now, Town is by far currently my favorite map, and I am going to post pros and cons of Town, Farm and Cell Block and will possibly come back and edit this once I get my hands on Resolution 1295 Grief.

Town:

Pros - Pretty big sized map for Grief, Pack a Punch, Juggernog (I will address why I believe that having no Juggernog is a con later).

Cons - Very slow and boring in the earlier rounds.

Farm:

Pros - Fast paced due to small map spacing and size, Juggernog.

Cons - No Pack a Punch, among others.

Cell Block:

Pros - Fast paced, Wide selection of perks and weapons, Traps, Ray Gun (which can be a pro and also a con), Brutus.

Cons - No Juggernog, Glitches (that can make a player glitch into a part of the map where Zombies cannot attack him/her), PhD + Mustang and Sally.

Look, Cell Block is a good map, but it's horrible if you're in a Public Match.

I will be in a game with other players who are sitting in corners with PhD and Mustang and Sally or up at Pack a Punch camping with a Death Machine/LSAT.

Plus, I know of 2 glitches where a player can be deemed invincible by glitching out of the map where Zombies cannot attack them, to me this is the biggest buzzkill playing Grief when a player on the enemy team cannot be killed and it is just boring for everybody. Yes there are glitches on other Grief maps, but not as many compared to Cell Block. Good map if you're playing against friends, but bad if you're playing Pub matches.

I also want to go into detail about why No Juggernog on maps is a bad thing.

1) Shorter Grief matches

This can easily be a pro and con of Cell Block, but it always feels like every 5 seconds I'm having to go revive the same teammate over and over because he has terrible weapons and he cannot survive without Jugg.

2) Lack of interest

I don't mean lack of interest from hardcore Grief fans, because I know they don't give a shit. I'm talking about interest from the Call of Duty Zombies Community. Why is Nuketown not as popular as TranZit or Die Rise? Because regular Zombies players rely so much on Juggernog and don't like waiting until round 15 or 20 to get it because of how easily they can go down. I believe the same can be said for Grief.

Look, I'm probably wrong, but this is just my personal opinion on why Town is my favorite Grief map.

Have a nice day everybody :)

Firstly, I can't play Resolution 1295 Grief because I have a PlayStation 3, although after seeing gameplay footage on Youtube I must say it probably will be my favorite.

But for now, Town is by far currently my favorite map, and I am going to post pros and cons of Town, Farm and Cell Block and will possibly come back and edit this once I get my hands on Resolution 1295 Grief.

Town:

Pros - Pretty big sized map for Grief, Pack a Punch, Juggernog (I will address why I believe that having no Juggernog is a con later).

Farm:

Cell Block:

Pros - Fast paced, Wide selection of perks and weapons, Traps, Ray Gun (which can be a pro and also a con), Brutus.

Cons - No Juggernog, Glitches (that can make a player glitch into a part of the map where Zombies cannot attack him/her), PhD + Mustang and Sally.

I will be in a game with other players who are sitting in corners with PhD and Mustang and Sally or up at Pack a Punch camping with a Death Machine/LSAT.

Plus, I know of 2 glitches where a player can be deemed invincible by glitching out of the map where Zombies cannot attack them, to me this is the biggest buzzkill playing Grief when a player on the enemy team cannot be killed and it is just boring for everybody. Yes there are glitches on other Grief maps, but not as many compared to Cell Block. Good map if you're playing against friends, but bad if you're playing Pub matches.

1) Shorter Grief matches

This can easily be a pro and con of Cell Block, but it always feels like every 5 seconds I'm having to go revive the same teammate over and over because he has terrible weapons and he cannot survive without Jugg.

2) Lack of interest

I don't mean lack of interest from hardcore Grief fans, because I know they don't give a shit. I'm talking about interest from the Call of Duty Zombies Community. Why is Nuketown not as popular as TranZit or Die Rise? Because regular Zombies players rely so much on Juggernog and don't like waiting until round 15 or 20 to get it because of how easily they can go down. I believe the same can be said for Grief.

Look, I'm probably wrong, but this is just my personal opinion on why Town is my favorite Grief map.

This was a wonderful read,You need to write threads :)

Town:

Farm:

Cell Block:

1) Shorter Grief matches

2) Lack of interest

This was a wonderful read,You need to write threads :)

Haha thank you :) I looked at it and said to myself "They're all going to think I'm an idiot" but yeah it's always good putting your opinion out there to share with other members of the community.

After playing so much grief on the cell block with no Jug, I found that playing grief on the Borough WITH Jug was very easy. There were a few times where I was about to get hit for the second time because I did something stupid, and then I got hit and was fine and remembered I had Jug. :lol:

I got so used to not having it for grief that I now feel like a God when I have it

After playing so much grief on the cell block with no Jug, I found that playing grief on the Borough WITH Jug was very easy. There were a few times where I was about to get hit for the second time because I did something stupid, and then I got hit and was fine and remembered I had Jug. :lol:

I got so used to not having it for grief that I now feel like a God when I have it

couldent have said it better myself!

GRIEF on Borough is amazing!!! Having the AN-94 is awesome, as well as Stamin up! I hope they hurry up and patch that stupid glitch in the sheriffs office... pretty much the only losses I have come from kids getting in there. IMO they should just patch it so that cell door is open.

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer Grief of Borough because you can use the An-94, buildable bench traps and the paralyzer. Just makes things allot more interesting.

And im not sure what else, but just something about it makes it super fun.

Only downside is that you can't get Emps. I would love to be able to Emp Pack-A-Punch or Juggernog in Borough.

Cell Block is also a very great map!

After playing Grief Borough for a while, I have to say that Cell Block is still my favourite Grief map. The addition of Juggernog and Wonder Weapons (besides the Ray Gun) make the game slower. The buildable traps, while nice, don't really emphasize the "griefing" aspect of the mode, and are still primarily used for killing zombies. This is in contrast to the traps found in Cell Block, which could be used to down both players and zombies alike.

Borough is still fun, though, but it's much slower paced when compared to Cell Block.

After playing Grief Borough for a while, I have to say that Cell Block is still my favourite Grief map. The addition of Juggernog and Wonder Weapons (besides the Ray Gun) make the game slower. The buildable traps, while nice, don't really emphasize the "griefing" aspect of the mode, and are still primarily used for killing zombies. This is in contrast to the traps found in Cell Block, which could be used to down both players and zombies alike.

Borough is still fun, though, but it's much slower paced when compared to Cell Block.

I feel the same. In my opinion though, the best map competitively is definetly farm.

• 2 months later...