Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jolteon

The Official Codz Youtube Thread

Jolteon    32

So, how's that Turned video going? ;) ;)

Been having some issues with it. Uploaded it twice, but for unknown reasons YouTube refuses to allow it in HD, despite it all being rendered in HD. Once the issues are resolved it will be uploaded but I don't know if that will happen :(

-Jolteon

GRILL    258

yes, we're working on your video Rissole. It's f***in' splendid by the way. I really can't wait to unleash such an amazing resource of Turned knowledge onto the community - damn you YouTube and your codec issues!

PINNAZ    480

Hey Codztube.

I have uploaded all cinematics/cutscenes to a Sendspace account if you wish to use them.

They are all in 1920x1080p HD. They will need to be edited a little. They start from each maps menu screen. This should be edited out. I have also got the edited versions as well, but the ones on Sendspace are much better quality for you to edit.

PM me your email addresses if you want to use these & I'll send you the links.

Cheers

Rissole25    378

No worries guys, I just wasn't sure what was going on haha.

I plan to do a Borough Turned guide as well. It definetly won't be as long as the Diner Turned video, since that included the Turned mechanics as well.

Rissole25    378

So what's going on with this? Been 2 months since the last post.

Do you guys mind if I uploaded my Turned video on the channel? Or my own channel even? No offence but it shouldn't take 3 months to upload. What was the problem with it anyway?

GRILL    258

No offence but it shouldn't take 3 months to upload. What was the problem with it anyway?

No offense taken - you are completely right. We have been majorly slacking, and I will be the first to say that I should have been more committed. This project was such a giant undertaking, but I'm sad to see that we weren't even able to upload your video. To be honest, I lost track and thought it was up. So I'm sorry, Rissole - and to any community members. We messed up, but I am here to say... right here, right now - that I am here, Jolteon is here, and we will get this YouTube back on track.

Rissole - I'll be PMing you shortly.

Everyone else - if you have any submissions, any interest in being a director for the CoDZ YouTube, or helping the CoDZ YouTube Staff in any way - please PM myself or DarkJolteon.

I promise from now on to check in on this thread on a weekly basis with updates. Jolteon as well.

No offence but it shouldn't take 3 months to upload. What was the problem with it anyway?

No offense taken - you are completely right. We have been majorly slacking, and I will be the first to say that I should have been more committed. This project was such a giant undertaking, but I'm sad to see that we weren't even able to upload your video. To be honest, I lost track and thought it was up. So I'm sorry, Rissole - and to any community members. We messed up, but I am here to say... right here, right now - that I am here, Jolteon is here, and we will get this YouTube back on track.

Rissole - I'll be PMing you shortly.

Everyone else - if you have any submissions, any interest in being a director for the CoDZ YouTube, or helping the CoDZ YouTube Staff in any way - please PM myself or DarkJolteon.

I promise from now on to check in on this thread on a weekly basis with updates. Jolteon as well.

Good job Guys.I would help but I dont have good recording equpiment (yet) also Ill be busy with TCCODZG soon i think.

Boom115    241

Cool video Rissole! I've never been much for turned, as it just seemed like four people running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Now that I see there's actually strategy to it I think I'll give it another shot.

Naitrax    67

Would you guys maybe want the ending cutscene?

Or any of the map intros?

I also have access to all the in-game quotes, so people could contact me if they needed a certain quote for a vid.

Do you guys mind if I make a musical easter egg guide for Origins' musical ee's? All three in one video or seperate for each?

I want to help!

Slade    270

Great to see this being revived.

The Youtube Channel is a great source to reach out to the community via media.

There is enormous potential here, and even though it has been pretty much dead over the past few months, we could turn that around.

To be honest, limiting yourself to Guides and on top of that the rule of exclusivity is almost suicide in my eyes. Why? Because Guides alone aren't enough reason for one to keep watching the Channel, especially since there are countless other Guide-centered Channels out there that (even if their quality isn't always up to par) put these guides out as soon as the map's available. And the exclusivity rule in combination with the lackluster commitment currently gives potential Directors little to no reason to actively submit videos and put time and energy into the Channel.

Guides are but one of the many sorts of videos that CoDZ should have available to its watchers.

CoDZ is bursting with creative users, who make some truly incredible stuff, like fanmade trailers (See the Media section). Yet this great oppurtinity to use the Media Section as a source to the Channel goes to waste.

Obviously for the Channel to succesfully (re)start you need to bring the Community together and make them not only notice, but wanting to participate and make the Channel into something great. So why not get them involved in a way that is much more easier than now? Like a video-creating contest, perhaps with Origins as the main theme?

Trailers, interviews, map flythroughs, first impressions, quotes, jingles.

All of these and more can make the Channel become much more diverse and make your vision of

the Channel being THE Zombies Channel for the Users, by the Users - a reality.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

I'd be more than happy to help out in any way possible.

EDIT:

-Thanks Rissole for bringing this to all our attention-

-Heather

Rissole25    378

I kinda feel like an arsehole for some reason now. I mean, it's cool we're getting it back on track, but I feel like I was harsh.

But uh yeah. Thank you, really Grill, for uploading it. With off-season, I feel like this could rejuvenate CoDz and be a side project we can all work on.

You're right Heather. The channel should focus on a variety of things. I think in the 2-3 years it takes till the next Zombies installment, the channel could be flourishing if we can do things right.

Jolteon    32

Rissole the reason for your video not being uploaded sooner is 100% my fault; I had multiple render and upload issues and after multiple failed attempts it began to slip from my head that is still needed doing. My sincere apologies.

Ok, so as Grill said, we've been slacking. But with at least a year until the next installment of Zombies (potentially more), we have a golden opportunity to get CoDz up there with the very best of the YouTube community for Zombies. And so, this is a call to arms. Every single one of you. Get creating. If you need gameplay for an epic commentary, I can help and many others too. If you need commentary for an epic gameplay then just shout at me commentating is something I would love to do more often.

Let's get this channel to the best it can be. Some of the best slayers in the world are here at CoDz; let's show the world what we are really made of. OORAAAAAHHHHH

-Jolteon

Hey, I have created all intro & outro video cinematics if these are worthy content. All are in 1080HD.

If need be I can send you the files. Here is my unlisted content on yourtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPinnaz/videos

That is just a link to your channel. :P For us to see the unlisted videos, we need the direct links to them.

Hey, I have created all intro & outro video cinematics if these are worthy content. All are in 1080HD.

If need be I can send you the files. Here is my unlisted content on yourtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPinnaz/videos

That is just a link to your channel. :P For us to see the unlisted videos, we need the direct links to them.

:lol: I thought his channel was unlisted.Whats the real point of making unlisted videos anyway?

Jolteon    32

CODZ YOUTUBE HAS A NEW VIDEO!

In this video, I personally take the audience on a trip to discover the mysterious music easter egg, Archangel.

diN0lyYSoHo

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN CODZ YOUTUBE IS BACK IN BUSINESS! GET YOUR CONTENT SHOWCASED TO OVER 1000 ZOMBIES FANS TODAY! This is something myself and Grill are 100% and a bit comitted too along with a few other people. This is YOUR chance to show the world your creative abilities! Don't waste it!

Submitting content also means submitting your soul. By submitting content you are hence agreeing that your soul is now under the possession of the overlords Grill and Jolteon and you will be sacrificed to the great lord Imhotep at the next CoDz family BBQ. Terms and conditions apply.

-Jolteon

Jolteon    32

Your voice sounds cool, Jolteon.

Oh and awesome Turned guide, Rissole! :3

-Jolteon

Rissole25    378

Hey Grill or Jolt, could one of you update the original post with what needs to be done in Origins as well as crossing out anything that's been done? :)

GRILL    258

Hey Grill or Jolt, could one of you update the original post with what needs to be done in Origins as well as crossing out anything that's been done? :)

sure can do, bud. thanks for keeping us on it :D