M.O.T.D. T.O.T.D.

Mob of the Dead, Tip of the Day

So I have had some computer troubles and because of that I can't make videos. So instead of that im just going to write them all down here and hopefully I can get it all in video form later.

So in this topic Im just going to post some tips I have found throughout the game and most of these tips will probably be for solo. Il probably start with more than one today because I have a lot of them, but here we go...

Tip #1 As soon as you start the game, instead of reviving yourself go ahead and turn on that power switch so you can get a double points later on.

Tip #2 You only get 3 afterlife tokens max and one extra per round, so use them fast. You might think it would be better to stay in the 1st room till round 3-5 but get out of there and start using your tokens. this is even better online where you only have 1 per teammate.

Tip #3 Don't start a round by going into afterlife if thats your last one. You never know how that round may play out and if you are playing solo if you used that last afterlife token to power up a perk, that perk is useless when you go down and the game is over.

Tip #4 Feed the dogs slow. They don't eat super fast so make sure you kill a zombie one at a time if its safe. If a dog has a zombie in its mouth wait for it to finish before killing the next. you can get all 3 dogs fed by round 5 if you do it right.

Tip #5 On round 1 you can do a lot of things in the first afterlife after purchasing the first door. Go over to the mp5 (close to the cafeteria) and enter the after life. If the warden key is up there, jump up and activate that, run down and run through the wall to power up that switch that opens up the laundry room. After that you can also turn on the power to the jail cell with the other double points drop. then revive yourself. you will have time unless you make to many errors. So i advise you to make yourself comfortable before trying all 3 at once. If the warden key isn't there, you may want to restart or go use your other afterlife to get the warden key because its key (excuse the pun) to the next tip.

Tip #6 so 6 zombies is what you think is the max amount of kills you can get on round 1? think again. get your key and run down to the meat room. open the washing machine, go to afterlife, power it up and revive yourself. once you turn on the washing machine, a whole wave will spawn in. thats 24 more zombies. you can get a good 3k points while knifing and with some shooting and luck you could end round 1 with a total of 5k+ points.

Tip #7 Going back to tip #5, when you start the game while in purgatory mode run over to the door closest to the cafeteria. look through the window of the baricaded door and you can see the warden's key. It will be all shiny and electrified. So if you don't see it, you may want to go ahead and restart. Why? because it helps if you have that key on round 1 so you can start getting pieces to the plane and get that extra full wave of zombies in the laundry room.

Tip #8 In solo don't try getting speed cola in the middle of the round in the higher rounds. the spawns are crazy fast and there is no room to train. I went down on round 41 for the first time. got jug without any problems and then went for speed cola. went down after getting it. then went down after reviving myself. was able to get jug again and stupidly came back for speed cola. and went down again to end the game.

Tip #9 after fliping on the laundry room, if you can manage not killing any of the zombies, you can train them up to spawn and get the double points and get around 6k in the first round.

Tip #10 All working benches are compatible. You can use the cafeteria/electirc cherry/ or docks to build your zombie shield or acid gat kit. If you happen to have all 6 parts, you can switch between what you build by pushing the directional buttons.

Tip #11 The Golden spork can be obtained by viewtopic.php?f=149&t=31109 and is a one hit kill up to round 34. On 34 it becomes a two hit kill.

Tip #11 Not really a tip but some cool thing to do. While riding the plane, you can throw your tomahawk at the roof. it will come back but never get to you so it will have a constant animation of it trying to get to you. You will get it back though so don't worry

Tip #12 Have gondola at top to have quick and easy access to jug if you go down. Usually I use the gondola to get down but end up forgetting to call it back once I go back to my training spot. So make sure you take it back up.

Tip #13 If you are trying to have 2 blundergats at the same time or having two players have one, make sure you have the box one first. This way if you get the 5 skulls to get the free blundergat the box will not give away a blundergat.

Tip #14 There are 4 forms of the blundergat. I have comprised a little picture in paint of all four forms. and how to get them.

You start with the blundergat. you can packapunch it to get the sweeper or go ahead and use the acidgat kit to get the acidgat gun. if you get the sweeper you can keep that or use the acid gat kit to change it to the vitriolic withering. If you have the acidgat gun you are stuck with the acid effect but can still pack a punch it to the vitriolic withering.

Tip #15 it takes a total of 26 seconds to call up and be able to use the gondola once you hold x to call it. 15.62 seconds for it to come up if you have to call it and 10.46 seconds of recharge time. yea these numbers may be a little off (by half a second) but for the most part they are correct.

Tip #16 you can get a free ride on the gondola if you have a partner on the opposite side of the gondola.

Tip #17 You can get a hell's redeemer by doing the following steps

Got it.

1.-Kill zombies (30+) only with the Retriever in the GG Bridge.

2.-Return to the island and throw it to the hell portal or whatever.

3.-Wait a round, and go to the tomohawk spawn point in afterlife mode.

4.-Grab it.

It's stronger, I think you throw it faster, you can power-it up 3 times instead of 2, and... its blue!

Hope this helps.

thank you jugger wicho

Tip #18 A much cheaper way to the gondola is to go from the second dog spawn in the infirmary. you can open the door on top and run straight to electric cherry and into the gondola. this will cut the expenses in half. To be more accurate the door that most people use is the door from the library area (spawn) that has the double staircase. That is 2000 while the door from the infirmary that takes you to electric cherry is 1000.

Tip #19 The upgraded Hell's retriever is called the Hell's Redeemer and can be a one shot as far as round 51 (could be longer but died at round 51)

Tip #20 You can turn on electric cherry, the gondola, the wardens office, and speed cola with the same purgatory. You don't have to have any of the cell doors open either. Heres what you do. You go into afterlife by electric cherry. turn that and the gondola on. jump all the way down to the wardens office. jump up into the wardens office area and power it up. run over to speed cola and power that up. this is where it gets tricky. you have to run all the way back and jump from ledge to ledge to get back to your body. the pro players can do this without a video tutorial, but if you need help refer to this video:

Tip #21 In Cell Block Grief, a good area to hold off with a friend is inside the wardens office. you have two people inside the entrance guarding both ways. And if if you see an enemy coming from the hallway, you can turn on the trap making it harder for him to get in.

Tip #22 The Vitriolic Withering is Insta Kill ONLY if it direct impacts a zombie. (thank you perfectlemonade)

Tip #23 The blundergat/sweeper can one shot brutus if you shoot him in the head. Make sure you are close and have the all the crosshairs on his head.

Tip #24 Only 4 Brutus can spawn on golden gate bridge. If you stay for 10 rounds you will still only have 4 brutus spawn in that round.

Tip #25 When going down make sure you use the gondola. With the gondola, you can get juggernog super easy when coming down, the zombies do not spawn fast enough for them to get to you. if you do another lap, down the curve and through the generator room and up the white staircase, you can get back to the gondola safely to get back to your training spot in the cafeteria.

Tip #26 If you are going for a high round i solo zombies do not hit the box. Get your free blundergat and your favorite wall gun. This isnt to upset the boxgods but to not get fire sales. This will give better chances for max ammos.

Tip #27 If you are playing online, you can open up a lot of things at once. On round 2 I opened up the showers room, cell block w/ double points, wardens key, gondola, electric cherry, wardens office, and speed cola. All in one afterlife. All you have to do is have a buddy revive you halfway repeatedly till you are done. A video of this is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4pT_X7xVc

Tip #28 you can retrieve power ups through the cell door without opening it up. You can also throw it through the wall. Example: if you by the cell blocks next to cafeteria you can get the max ammo from the cell in the wardens office hallway. You can also get the double points from the cell block next to cafe from the shower room

Tip #29. The Sweeper with double tap is a one shot kill up to round 50(and possibly after im only on round 50 atm) you have to aim for the head. This is probably not effective for round 42+ but it is still possible.

Tip #30
If you are playing multiplayer and you go down and bleed out with the Golden Spork you can still get it again.

In order to get it back you must:

First get a Retriever/Redeemer

Next go to the cafeteria and throw it at the spoon

Then go to the bath tub and hold the action button

When it gets done stirring the blood hold the action button again and it should raise up again

Finally hold action to recieve the Golden Spork again.

Tip #31 If you are feeding the dog on docks in multiplayer, to avoid zombies from jumping down from jug, have a player sit up there and kill zombies. If its a lower round then you may not want to do this to feed the dog quicker, but in the latter rounds (7+) the zombies come out pretty fast and there is enough zombies to not worry about losing zombies from up top.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip #7 Going back to tip #5, when you start the game while in purgatory mode run over to the door closest to the cafeteria. look through the window of the baricaded door and you can see the warden's key. It will be all shiny and electrified. So if you don't see it, you may want to go ahead and restart. Why? because it helps if you have that key on round 1 so you can start getting pieces to the plane and get that extra full wave of zombies in the laundry room.

I liked the last tip. But I don't agree with using all of your lives straight away. There's been times when I've been knocked down on early rounds due to not paying attention. So a life has kept me in the game.

Something to add that I personally find good:

In solo, with three lives, keep the last zombie going, then go into the after life, using your third, do anything such as turning on a perk or whatnot, then revive yourself and kill the zombie. You'll instantly get that life back due to the next round starting, and it's better than being stuck on three (due to not having four) and not having done anything

Tip #6 so 6 zombies is what you think is the max amount of kills you can get on round 1? think again. get your key and run down to the meat room. open the washing machine, go to afterlife, power it up and revive yourself. once you turn on the washing machine, a whole wave will spawn in. thats 24 more zombies. you can get a good 3k points while knifing and with some shooting and luck you could end round 1 with a total of 5k+ points.
I'm a PS3 player so I haven't even seen the inside of this map yet, but that sounds awesome!

I liked the last tip. But I don't agree with using all of your lives straight away. There's been times when I've been knocked down on early rounds due to not paying attention. So a life has kept me in the game.

Something to add that I personally find good:

In solo, with three lives, keep the last zombie going, then go into the after life, using your third, do anything such as turning on a perk or whatnot, then revive yourself and kill the zombie. You'll instantly get that life back due to the next round starting, and it's better than being stuck on three (due to not having four) and not having done anything

yea. tip #3 says not to use your last after life.

Tip #8 In solo don't try getting speed cola in the middle of the round in the higher rounds. the spawns are crazy fast and there is no room to train. I went down on round 41 for the first time. got jug without any problems and then went for speed cola. went down after getting it. then went down after reviving myself. was able to get jug again and stupidly came back for speed cola. and went down again to end the game.

Thats some pretty good Solo starting tips there Mr BSZombie.

Using your afterlife tokens in each round is critical to getting set-up. Be it solo or Co-op. each player should be activating things in every round.

Very well written & thanks for sharing. Well done & keep it up.

Really good tips, I've been staying in the first room on co-op but now I think i'm going to start trying to get people to follow this example and get to that Laundry machine on round one because that's awesome, the only thing that would kind of suck is if it spawned in Brutus instead because that's happened to me a few times

Really good tips, I've been staying in the first room on co-op but now I think i'm going to start trying to get people to follow this example and get to that Laundry machine on round one because that's awesome, the only thing that would kind of suck is if it spawned in Brutus instead because that's happened to me a few times

That sucks. one thing that happened to me once was that the first zombie gave me a nuke taking a good 3k away from me.

Tip #9 after fliping on the laundry room, if you can manage not killing any of the zombies, you can train them up to spawn and get the double points and get around 6k in the first round.

Haha I pretty much do all of those except for the laundry room, which is an awesome idea. Don't know why I never thought of that. We've done it on round 3 or 4 a lot for the extra points, but round 1 is a great idea. Only question is... will the boss never spawn on round 1 after activating the washing machine? I've had him spawn as early as round 4 there if I'm not mistaken.

Tip #10 All working benches are compatible. You can use the cafeteria/electirc cherry/ or docks to build your zombie shield or acid gat kit. If you happen to have all 6 parts, you can switch between what you build by pushing the directional buttons.

Tip #11 The Golden spork can be obtained by http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=31109 and is a one hit kill up to round 34. On 34 it becomes a two hit kill.

I would add keeping the Gondola up at the Top just incase you go down, you can quickly Run up to it, ride it down & easily grab Jugg. Also build your Zombie Shield in the Cafeteria.

Finally, get the BlunderGat out of the Box first, Then collect the Skulls. Before picking that one up Upgrade the First to the AcidGat. Pick up the second BlunderGat & now you have 2. Or in Co-Op one for each of you.

I would add keeping the Gondola up at the Top just incase you go down, you can quickly Run up to it, ride it down & easily grab Jugg. Also build your Zombie Shield in the Cafeteria.

Finally, get the BlunderGat out of the Box first, Then collect the Skulls. Before picking that one up Upgrade the First to the AcidGat. Pick up the second BlunderGat & now you have 2. Or in Co-Op one for each of you.

These are all good tips that I do. lets go ahead and add them.

Tip #12 Have gondola at top to have quick and easy access to jug if you go down. Usually I use the gondola to get down but end up forgetting to call it back once I go back to my training spot. So make sure you take it back up.

Tip #13 If you are trying to have 2 blundergats at the same time or having two players have one, make sure you have the box one first. This way if you get the 5 skulls to get the free blundergat the box will not give away a blundergat.

Tip #14 There are 4 forms of the blundergat. I have comprised a little picture in paint of all four forms. and how to get them.

You start with the blundergat. you can packapunch it to get the sweeper or go ahead and use the acidgat kit to get the acidgat gun. if you get the sweeper you can keep that or use the acid gat kit to change it to the vitriolic withering. If you have the acidgat gun you are stuck with the acid effect but can still pack a punch it to the vitriolic withering.

Tip #15 it takes a total of 26 seconds to call up and be able to use the gondola once you hold x to call it. 15.62 seconds for it to come up if you have to call it and 10.46 seconds of recharge time. yea these numbers may be a little off (by half a second) but for the most part they are correct.

Tip #16 you can get a free ride on the gondola if you have a partner on the opposite side of the gondola.

Once you change the original from the box will another appear in the box after that? What I'm asking is can more than 1 person obtain one from the box?

The box will only give out one blundergat (unless there is another easter egg. relaxing claimed he had 3 in one of his videos) the second blundergat must be gained from the easter egg.

Tip #17 You can get a hell's redeemer by doing the following steps

Got it.

1.-Kill zombies (30+) only with the Retriever in the GG Bridge.

2.-Return to the island and throw it to the hell portal or whatever.

3.-Wait a round, and go to the tomohawk spawn point in afterlife mode.

4.-Grab it.

It's stronger, I think you throw it faster, you can power-it up 3 times instead of 2, and... its blue!

Hope this helps.

thank you jugger wicho

Tip #18 A much cheaper way to the gondola is to go from the second dog spawn in the infirmary. you can open the door on top and run straight to electric cherry and into the gondola. this will cut the expenses in half. To be more accurate the door that most people use is the door from the library area (spawn) that has the double staircase. That is 2000 while the door from the infirmary that takes you to electric cherry is 1000.