Best place to hold out? Worst place to get caught?

In my opinion two on the roof and two just on the under level (infirmary) is the best place to hold out, maybe the docks, but it gets way too crowded.

And in my experience the shower room is the worst thing about this map, for me, going in there on solo means suicide and on co op its even harder.

What are yours so far?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon further playthrough i actually think the best place to hold out with four players is the gondola (the dock end) two people crouched just at the end of the barbed wire fence pathway looking toward jug and one toward the stairs, then the other two players standing just behind them and occassianely checking the fence spawn point

I like the box room under the infirmary, the roof, the dock is a kind of a good spot but not for higher rounds, and I think the shower room is a not that bad of a spot. so overall there is quite a few places to kite but people WANTEDa map that brought back the feel of verruckt and i feel this map brings back many a nostalgia factor for me. :D:D :D

I think the claymore room is probably one of the better kiting spots, you can trip the acid trap to keep alot out every few rounds.

I also agree holding down the gondola is a good spot too, I even like it top side, pretty good choke point. If you get in a bind, pay 750 and scram.

I like the box room under the infirmary, the roof, the dock is a kind of a good spot but not for higher rounds, and I think the shower room is a not that bad of a spot. so overall there is quite a few places to kite but people WANTEDa map that brought back the feel of verruckt and i feel this map brings back many a nostalgia factor for me. :D:D:D

I agree with that nostalgia factor, this map has just brung so much to the tablr that the fans were yearning for

The worst place to get caught is the bottom of the big spiral staircase with the part to the airplane and the numbers. Im talking about the part where you actually get the part. I got caught there twice. The second time i was super lucky and got a nuke the first zombie i killed.

And this spot is super easy to get caught in because when in the middle of the round if you running down the "staircase" and u are in a hurry and take a wrong turn you are pretty much screwed lol.

The best spot to train is golden gate bridge as long as you have a weapon to kill fergusson at the start of the round?

From my understanding the GG doesn't drop power ups? Has anyone gotten them? 4 games now we've held out on the bridge but not a single power up after several rounds letting everyone get money to PaP and then everyone running completely out of ammo and having to run away.

Cafeteria (claymore room) is the best for me, although running into a problem of not being able to purchase the claymores to restock (could've sworn this was available on the other maps? Not an explosive user.)

Spiral staircase is by far the worse place to be, running down it to revive someone below is near impossible when you have them coming from below and above, I wish I could sacrifice my afterlife usage to run quickly and revive then run back (patch it!). Would make the map size separating people more feasible with assisting still?

I'm already running into the fact that it's common if someone goes down your screwed for reviving unless luckily people are near by and they have the firepower to clear your herd without being pushed another direction.

Cafeteria (claymore room) is the best for me, although running into a problem of not being able to purchase the claymores to restock (could've sworn this was available on the other maps? Not an explosive user.)

You get 2 claymores at the start of each round and when you get a max ammo. You can't re-purchase to get more.

The Warden's office is great for a full party. One on speed cola window, one on middle window, and two watching door/front window. In the later rounds run the fan trap as much as possible.

It's actually really easy up till 28-30.

I hate getting caught out in the cell block area, too many really narrow pathways. If you commit to the little walkway by electric cherry at the wrong time, it's pretty much game over.

I'm already running into the fact that it's common if someone goes down your screwed for reviving unless luckily people are near by and they have the firepower to clear your herd without being pushed another direction.

As long as you go into purgatory mode, you can zap the ones away from your body. I imagine that you knew this and I misunderstood...

As long as you go into purgatory mode, you can zap the ones away from your body. I imagine that you knew this and I misunderstood...

Ah yes I see how that could be taken the wrong way.

I meant the fact that if you have used your afterlife to revive yourself already and you have gone down again. Example, someone near Jug goes down, your near double tap. To get to that person you have to clear the spiral staircase to reach him, which can be an easy deathtrap. Most of the time running through the cell blocks to revive a downed teammate you will run into a horde from the downed person and have to reroute your path if you can't get through them just to try and stay alive.

The Warden's office is great for a full party. One on speed cola window, one on middle window, and two watching door/front window. In the later rounds run the fan trap as much as possible.

It's actually really easy up till 28-30.

I hate getting caught out in the cell block area, too many really narrow pathways. If you commit to the little walkway by electric cherry at the wrong time, it's pretty much game over.

Aye, i agree with you there, any of them slim walkways get crowded and you better start praying.

Also does anyone else feel this map is a bit too easy? I think it may be because the map is so big that all the zombies spread out. I mean im not the best zombies player by any means and round 10-15 on other maps is normally when i start to struggle. However on this map ive been to 15-19 about 4 times (played about 9 times)

Best hold up spot by FAR is to leave the gate next to Jugg closed and post up your team on the opposite side to the perk machine. If you get over run, have claymores set up and a sheild before the gate. Have people with shields protect someone to buy the door and run to the gondola. take that up and start some running some circles. I find the best for a 4 person set up is to be a person in the Cafeteria with the upgraded Acid Gat, one running a weird circle outside of the cafe, one running circles in the laundry room, and one doing large circles around the cell blocks.

Hope this helps! Happy zombie slaying!

I personally quite like the Steam Room on solo, as it's fairly easy to dodge zombies coming at you. Plus, if you have Hell's Retriever you can predict something coming and just charge it up ready when approaching a corner, and if there's nothing there you turn it around and use it on your horde- simple!

I also hate the spiralling staircase down... You wouldn't believe the luck I get there. Speaking of luck, me and my brother were playing split-screen down at the docks and on wave 8 we were trapped there. We had gotten Hell's Retriever but had practically concentrated solely on that so didn't have Jug yet. To make matters worse, Brutus had spawned in. I didn't know that the Retriever kills him in one (as we found out later) and got myself trapped near the guard tower trap yet somehow (and this still shocks me), even though I had been hit by Brutus and lost most my health, I was able to avoid the zombies that had chased me and Brutus and still got to my brother in time to revive him (out of Afterlife's). EPIC!

Anyway bit off topic sorry. I also am not a massive fan of the roof- I find it too easy to get caught up there, same with the cafeteria really but the cafeteria is a little easier in my opinion.

Steam Room for me by the sounds of it!

I personally quite like the Steam Room on solo, as it's fairly easy to dodge zombies coming at you. Plus, if you have Hell's Retriever you can predict something coming and just charge it up ready when approaching a corner, and if there's nothing there you turn it around and use it on your horde- simple!

I also hate the spiralling staircase down... You wouldn't believe the luck I get there. Speaking of luck, me and my brother were playing split-screen down at the docks and on wave 8 we were trapped there. We had gotten Hell's Retriever but had practically concentrated solely on that so didn't have Jug yet. To make matters worse, Brutus had spawned in. I didn't know that the Retriever kills him in one (as we found out later) and got myself trapped near the guard tower trap yet somehow (and this still shocks me), even though I had been hit by Brutus and lost most my health, I was able to avoid the zombies that had chased me and Brutus and still got to my brother in time to revive him (out of Afterlife's). EPIC!

Anyway bit off topic sorry. I also am not a massive fan of the roof- I find it too easy to get caught up there, same with the cafeteria really but the cafeteria is a little easier in my opinion.

Steam Room for me by the sounds of it!

Im gonna have to try the steam room out! Also i feel really guilty and just laugh when i get amazing bits of luck, just like that :p

Also does anyone else feel this map is a bit too easy? I think it may be because the map is so big that all the zombies spread out. I mean im not the best zombies player by any means and round 10-15 on other maps is normally when i start to struggle. However on this map ive been to 15-19 about 4 times (played about 9 times)

I personally think this is the hardest map for BO2 yet. Let me compare our maps:

Tranzit:

Pros - Tombstone (for co-op), lots of easy train spots, bank and fridge, monkeys. Overall an easy but time-consuming map. High rounds are possible but lengthy due to the Jet Gun. We have permaperks too which help.

Cons - takes a while to set up, downed teammates can not be saved often, wall guns are sub-par, most buildables suck.

Die Rise:

Pros - Perma-perks again, Who's Who, best wall guns yet, amazing wonder weapon, monkeys, free perks and easy Max ammos from jumpers, great buildables. Overall an easy map and has 3 good training spots.

Cons -often can't save teammates, lots of glitches.

Nuketown:

Pros - easy to revive teammates, easy map, simple to play, LSAT and M27.

Cons - No good special wonder weapons, training is easy to do but not always safe, random Jug is so bad.

Mob of the Dead:

Pros - Afterlife is a free and mini Who's Who but not as good. New wall weapons and some nice new box weapons. Blundergat is OK but cannot match the Sliquifier. Hell's Retriever is nice. Traps are back at last too.

Cons - Jug is in a bad spot, Afterlife doesn't let you keep your perks like Who's Who, does, PaP is a pain to get to, Brutus can really mess you up, hallways are narrow and risky to use, no monkeys which would help so much, no Semtex, Blundergat will not save you in a pinch, NO GOOD TRAINING SPOTS at all, new perk is nice but not that good like Who's Who, helping a downed partner is very risky, no perma-perks, no Quick Revive.

I consider MotD to be a mediu-hard map.

Im not going to quote it t save people scrolling, but user above funnily enough it goes backwards in the order youve wrote for me, it all however depends upon the quality and common sense of the players youre with i find. ( i hardly ever play solo)

Best place is on the other side of the gate at Jug if you don't open it. Between the room with the generators and the spiral room. Only one direction for zombies to come from, room to move around and back up to, close to Zombie Shield, Juggernog, and Tommy Gun, escape route in extremely dire situations. Best camping spot in Zombies history.

The spiral staircase is the BEST co-op camping spot I've found... as long as you don't open the door at the bottom. The lowest zombie spawn is on the third "section" up, so you have tons of room to fall back... and Brutus always seems to spawn at the very bottom, so you can throw down a bunch of claymores behind you to take him out (or at least weaken him) and not even have to worry about the zombies setting them off. We camped there with just 2 players until round 21 (which is when we completed "Pop Goes The Weasel" and ended the game), but we never had a problem there at all and I'm sure you could go much further there with claymores and decent weapons... and with 3 or 4 people? Easy mode. I used to use the area on the other side of Jugg, but this spot is even better because you have much more room to fall back.

The only drawback is that you need to open that door to get the rope in Solo, so it's only really good for co-op. In co-op you just split up and have one person go from the other side to get the rope.

P-qrXJiFDsM

The spiral staircase is the BEST co-op camping spot I've found... as long as you don't open the door at the bottom. The lowest zombie spawn is on the third "section" up, so you have tons of room to fall back... and Brutus always seems to spawn at the very bottom, so you can throw down a bunch of claymores behind you to take him out (or at least weaken him) and not even have to worry about the zombies setting them off. We camped there with just 2 players until round 21 (which is when we completed "Pop Goes The Weasel" and ended the game), but we never had a problem there at all and I'm sure you could go much further there with claymores and decent weapons... and with 3 or 4 people? Easy mode. I used to use the area on the other side of Jugg, but this spot is even better because you have much more room to fall back.

The only drawback is that you need to open that door to get the rope in Solo, so it's only really good for co-op. In co-op you just split up and have one person go from the other side to get the rope.

P-qrXJiFDsM

So the door where you zap the numbers is closed?

So the door where you zap the numbers is closed?

Yep. And in co-op you never have to actually open it. When you lower the rope, just have another player go around from the docks to grab it as you put the numbers in. There are no zombie spawns at all at the bottom of the spiral... you only get the boss spawning down there. We just kept throwing down claymores behind us every round and he was never a problem at all.

In my opinion two on the roof and two just on the under level (infirmary) is the best place to hold out, maybe the docks, but it gets way too crowded.

And in my experience the shower room is the worst thing about this map, for me, going in there on solo means suicide and on co op its even harder.

What are yours so far?

Well if you have the upgraded Blundergat (double upgraded), juggernog, speed cola, and the tomahawks, I found its easy to hold off at the bridge in solo.... Survived rounds 17-22 there before I ran out of amo in my other gun (you NEVER run out of Blundergat amo if you use your tomahawks right)

The bridge is incredibly easy to hold off, probablies the best place so far.

3 players at the back (opposite the electric chairs) and one person runs a tight but incredibly easy circle in the middle, works with any number of players, only downside is their is no powerups which is a killer for ammo