Grief - Cellblock Things I have seen/strategies

kiranearitachi

Feel free to post anything I have missed as i only played 3 games.

1. Lock in box- spawns the warden to stop people from staying around the box.(replacement for bear)

2. PHD Flopper

3. NO JUG????

4. Wonder Weapons finally in grief

Fluffy... The dog head in the middle (Samantha's dog)

Will come out if you kill a zombie in front of it. Then you just need to keep feeding her until she goes back into the wall and you will hear 3 chimes, then a random drop will come up from the grate. I find for the most part I have gotten meat but I do think that it is completely random but just my luck lol

6. Traps may be used to stop enemy team from reaching your box or to stop them from reviving a teammate in the box room.

POST ANYTHING I HAVE NOT SEEN YET AND I WILL UPDATE THE LIST

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played one game on cellblock got to rd 13 I was the only one left I was down to the last wave and I got double hit round restarts its very frustrating without jug at them points in the game to clutch it and win I had the Dm n Raygun with flopperdouble tap n speed and just got ccaught up def makes youa better player without jugg

• Administrators

The traps are very beneficial to helping you torment the other teammates. For instance, if you wait until one of them leaves the Warden's Office, you can flip the Fan Trap and they'll be forced to crawl, which may slow them down/make them susceptible to being flopped on.

Also, Brutus can really deliver a punch (red screen with one hit), so he is actually a great tool to have when you want to get the opposing team out of certain areas.

Honestly I don't know why people are complaining about the lack of jug.

Not to sound narcissistic, but I win at least 9/10 games of grief easily. once I get jug it's basically game over for the other team. All I need is an MP5 and jug and they are freaking DONE.

Anyway, jug will keep us on our toes. The addition of loads of other perks and guns balances this increased need for legitimate skill.

Also grief is a mini game of sorts, like turned. I think this is to shorten games to around the length of turned, for instance.

SO glad to hear there's no Jugg on this map. When I play Grief on Town, with 7 other good players, the games can go on until round 20+, taking hours. The only way these games end is when someone (usually me) gets EMPs and takes out Jugg. The lack of Jugg on this map will make it a true Grief map indeed. I was personally hoping for a Grief map with no perks at all, but no Jugg is almost as good :D

Will come out if you kill a zombie in front of it. Then you just need to keep feeding her until she goes back into the wall and you will hear 3 chimes, then a random drop will come up from the grate. I find for the most part I have gotten meat but I do think that it is completely random but just my luck lol

nice find

Not to sound narcissistic, but I win at least 9/10 games of grief easily. once I get jug it's basically game over for the other team. All I need is an MP5 and jug and they are freaking DONE.

Anyway, jug will keep us on our toes. The addition of loads of other perks and guns balances this increased need for legitimate skill.

Also grief is a mini game of sorts, like turned. I think this is to shorten games to around the length of turned, for instance.

same reason people complained that nuketown is bad because no jug instantly. They do not have any skill. In 4 games of grief I played on cellblock i only went down during my 4th game.

nice find

same reason people complained that nuketown is bad because no jug instantly. They do not have any skill. In 4 games of grief I played on cellblock i only went down during my 4th game.

Agreed about Jugg part. I feel a lot of people are too reliant on Jugg these days. I find that if you want to be a better zombies player, the best way is to play with no Jugg (or no perks at all). It forces you to be a lot more careful and precise in running trains.

This map is going to turn out like Turned (Diner) .. no one will play it. No one plays Nuketown for the same reason that this Grief map will fail.

I prefer the jug so that the other team actually has a chance. It's no fun going into a game and knowing you are going to win. Also, the jug is a great tool to aid in griefing other players with trapping/blocking/knifing. Considering the width of the corridors on Cell Block people will be stuck without even attempting to block which takes away the sense of accomplishment you get from actually causing someone's down.

I'm still waiting for a youtube video of a grief game lasting longer than 8 rounds. Seems it's just too hard even for all the internet superstars. But I will give it time for some people to figure it out.

Well arnt your mr, cocky-know it all... :roll:

FYI this is the only map with phd Flopper so it's going to be at least somewhat popular for a time, it also introduces new character models and traps to greif, I think it will be PLENTY fun to play..

The key is to use the maps two halfs: If you spread yourself out right you can revive your team easily when you go down, phd also helps player's on the top floor reach players on the bottom floor easier...

Also have balistic knives been confirmed for greif?

Your a police man or a cop, that's different..

And you can pap the death machine Ive been told..

Yup, it is called the Meat Machine if I recall correctly.

Close. It's the Meat Grinder. I used it for Hangman the other day. :mrgreen:

It will be interesting trying to lure enemies into traps in grief. So does Brutus come in grief? That would be awesome. Also a teeny bit off topic, what is the actual object from the box that spawns in Brutus?

Also I've never played MotD yet (darn PS3) so I don't really know the layout, but what area of MotD is the actual cell block? The area near / below electric cherry, or the spawn, or what?

Ok you spawn in normal MOTD in what is known as the sunset corridors I think... (look at map screen Xbox users)

It's a short line of cells with no raftors, there's also the library attached where in greif mode, phd Flopper spawns, and in MOTD there is and afterlife switch a song bottle. On either side of the hallway there is a 1000 door, the one in the library leads to the center bit of the cells, where the dog is, the way you came up there are more stairs that lead you to a 2000 door that accesses the highest raftors, here you have eletric cherry above the dog room and if you continue forward you'll reach the gondola, in greif eletric cherry is where double tap is, and the gondola is pack a punch...

Going back to the electric cherry room behind the perk machine is a workbench that can be used for the zombie sheild or acid upgrade. Keep going and you'll be above the mp5 room you'll learn about later and enter the infirmary,

In the infirmary there are stairs down and a path in a box-like-circle as well, on the opposet side of this box is another dog and deadshot daquiri in a little room... Go into the after life (there are switches everywhere on the map) and you can then find a hole to access the roof and power the door there... There is also a plane peice in a cabinet locked by the warden's key here but you can't get it now... On the roof there isn't much besides the plane ramp, so if you head back downstairs and down the staircase I told you about earlier you'll enter the cafeteria...

The cafeteria is one of the two places the box-chest spawns imediantly and has claymores on the back wall... DIRRECTLY where you came in there is the acid trap, and on the other side of this trap is the mp5 room (the infirmary door is on the side of the acid trap, the cafeteria and mp5 room are the connected ones) like this:

...................|| door to stairs to infermory||................

Mp5 room.......................Acid trap center.....................Cafeteria

...................………………........................................

Hopefully that looks right...

Moving on the mp5 room, from the cafeteria the mp5 is DIRRECTLY north west from you as well as stairs to the lower rafters, but NOT the upper rafters, on the ground there sometimes spawns a wardens key hanging from an electrified wire, if you pop into the after life you can enter a previously un-accesable hole in the grating above your head, and eletrify the circuit board behind the wire. The wire should drop and allow a player to grab the key now and use it on the warden's lock... There is an exact replica of this scenario that sometimes spawns above the wardens office's fan trap...

Moving on backin the mp5 room there is another hole in the wall that when stepped through, shows a jumping puzzle, solve it and the door Beneith where the key would be will open into the shower-room... Backtrack to the lower raftors in the mp5 room and there is a way to loop back to the spawn hall (from the door you didn't go through)... Also there is a way to open a small door opposet side of the room from the key on the raftors that can be opened...

Halfway down theres a door to the first dog again, keep going and you'll reach the wardens office, if you go into the afterlife you can use the same hole-shocky-dead thing to open the wardens door... The door it's self is the fan trap...

Inside there is a room to your left and a cell to your right, the cell is eletrocuted and inaccessible now... In the room to your left there is the other place the box can sometimes spawn.... As well there is the wardens office and speed cola too...

Now If you head back to the shower room it's basicly an oval, on one side there's a Remington and on the other there is a locked door, open it with the key, then go into the afterlife and shock the laundry'mats power supply... Then activate the washing machine in the locked area with you... This will make smoke that blinds the players view of zombies as well as lock the characters in the shower room... But only last for a minute or so...

Opposet the stairs back up, there is a corridor, which if Fallowed will lead you to an intersection: One way will bring you to doubletap and a staircase back up Infront of the warden's office and the other brings you to "the bird cage" which is basicly a Cage suspended above a pit and a spring staircase going down it... At the bottom of the spiral is a warden-key locked 3 number key code box, that can be used to activate the "Maluka" song by changing the numbers to: 935 ;)

Also at the bottom is a door to an even lower level that lets you access the cage when it drops (you need the code, which is writing on the walls of the spiral in afterlife mode.. And changes each game...) on the other end of the hallway there is an intersection where your given a choise: 1 2000 door or a 1000 door and a 1500 door, your going to want to open the 1000 and the 1500, inside are more circut boards that can be shocked like the key's in afterlife mode, electrocuting them all will unlock the eletric cell in the warden's office...

Outside this room is the docks, the last dog head is hear as well with a workbench... You can fallow the docks in a kind of hook shaped path that ends by the water under the tower... You can activate the tower which is a trap BTW, once activated a player in afterlife mode can "upgrade" the tower by shocking the meter above the switch and will cause the snipers to use RPGs instead (surprisingly not as effective...)

Also on an inaccessible boat one can see the PHD troll and mule kick... In the "crest" of the hook one can find a warden-locked-door with another door and a meter behind it: In solo you can activate the meter in after life and both doors stay open, you can revive yourself, grab the part, alls easy... But in co-op activating the switch will close the first door as well as open the second... So you need an alive person to grab the part while someone else opens and closes the doors with electricity...

Back at the bace of the hook, near the last dog, there is a white staircase that ascends to the gondola station and the 2000 "other path", which right Infront of in (da-da-da-DA) juggernog!

Now: The gondala DOES need to be powered at least once, and cost 750 per trip! (you can call the gondala for free though...) NOW! The good stuff:

Dogs: one in the center of the cells, one in the infirmary, and one at the docks... Killing a zombie Infront of a dog will activate it and it will eat the zombie corpse... Feed it enough corpses and you can unlock the hell's retriever tomahawk from the corridor near the showers! Note-the dogs can only eat one zombie at a time and need a 20-second period of time before their next meal, killing a zombie pre-maturely will not be feasted on by the dogs... The tomahawk can be charged up by holding tactical gernade and released to throw. It doesn't need amo as it can be replenished over time (cool down time)

Plane: One peice is in the cage, one peice is in the eletrified cell, one peice is in the washing machine, one peice is in the 1-way door at the docks, and the last is in the case upstairs near deadshot... Take these peices, either 1 at a time in co-op or all together in solo, to the ramp and build it... While on the plane you do not take damage, and after a short "cutscene"-not REALLY bit, you'll land on the golden gate bridge, which acts similarly to no mans land,.. It's easy to run trains and zombies spawn in like crazy... Also pack a punch is here! The only thing you need to look out for is Brutus: the large guard that appears who will chase after you and shake your whole screen! Multiple brutuses can spawn and REALLY mess up your screen... When your done you can sit in the chairs under the "one one escapes Alive" sighn, in which you character is thrown back into the after life and back to spawn... Weapons and perks are kept, and it does NOT count as a down...

Greif: Greif mode has the upper raftors, the spawn becomes the first dog, the spawn hallway becomes the area with phd and mule kick, the cafeteria holds deadshot daquiri, the wardens office holds speedcola, the upper rafters hold double tap and pack a punch. You play as a cop or a prisoner, when you knife someone it produces a shock of electrisity instead of butterflys..,

The dog can still be fead and will reward the player when enough zombies are fed to it a tainted flesh drop... The box DOES spawn in either the cafeteria or the w. office... The traps work as well on ALL entity's: Cops, criminals, or corpses... Use them wisely...

Other buildables:

The sheild can be built with a trolly found in the dock area, a clamp found in the power-eletric circut filled area (1000 and 1500 doors) and a fence found in the caverns Beneith the spiral... You can build it on any workbench: The one in the cafe. The one in the docks, or the one behind eletric cherry..,

The acid upgrade can be used to upgrade the Blundergat to the acid gat or the sweeper (upgrade Blundergat) to the v. Withering! It needs a breifcase from the mp5 room or outside the warden's office, an acid veil from the infermory, and a pump from in the warden's office, again it can be built anywhere that the sheild is not...

Hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...

Well arnt your mr, cocky-know it all... :roll:

FYI this is the only map with phd Flopper so it's going to be at least somewhat popular for a time, it also introduces new character models and traps to greif, I think it will be PLENTY fun to play..

The key is to use the maps two halfs: If you spread yourself out right you can revive your team easily when you go down, phd also helps player's on the top floor reach players on the bottom floor easier...

Also have balistic knives been confirmed for greif?

lol @ cocky know it all. It's called making an educated guess, you may remember the term from grade school science - a hypothesis. And so far, I was correct in my statements. This map is as useless as turned.

Also, thanks for the FYI - I am and was well aware that Flopper is available as well as the other perks only contained on that map - they don't help make the map any fun.

I've now played a handful of games on the PS3 and watched a handful of other games from players I respect as being quality griefers. This map forces the players to do something I despise in grief - CAMP! The only way to flat out win without suffering a pile of downs is to sit up in the rafters and camp until the other team goes down. I flipped through the leaderboards and watched a few games from random leaders and everyone was doing the same thing. Go figure - we lose Jugg and everyone turns into a camper trying to wait out the impending onslaught. For players like myself, that play grief for the simple satisfaction of beating other people, this whole camping thing takes all the fun out of it. I was able to carry a team to wave 13 but then I got board of hiding and attempted to run around as I do in all the other grief maps - nope, not happening lol I died almost instantly as did everyone else. Also, this map has produced more round restarts than I even thought possible - so many vids I watched people couldn't even finish waves 11-14 solo and just kept getting downed. Not to mention that this map makes soo many people leave its incredible.

They can keep their gimmicky traps and tons of perk a cola machines as I've noticed almost no one wastes their time/money on perks as getting downed is a very regular occurrence on this map (unless you hide). I'd trade majority of the gimmicky shit for the Jugg machine just so I can go back to griefing the shit out of the other team. There is zero satisfaction in winning by default.

I'll stick to my Jugg maps where there is still a sense of accomplishment when you properly grief the other team. This glorified survival game can sit on the bench with Turned Diner - stupid Treyarch stop fucking around with this BS and produce some quality already.

Mon of the dead was great quality IMO...

Greif cell block the same... It introduces a sacrifice area for small rewards, traps into greif, mule kick and phd Flopper to greif, and a variety of different weapons and the warden... The lack of jug makes it seem like a hardcore version of greif, a truely challenging map where you can use traps to isolate teammates and even down them, the warden adds to this, only kneeling to the better players. Snipers hold the rafters, point holders guard the traps and the box with their lives, and the question to get a perk or not to get a perk becomes even more risky now....

It's a real greif map... A map where greifing is the BACE of the game, two areas to hold off, an easily knifed off platform where pack a punch lays, easy downs, and even new skins for cops and robbers...

How you can say this map is worce then diner turned is beyond me ... I'd even play this over die rise and tranzit! (they should make some seperate mini-dlcs with seperate turned, survival, and greif maps)

played it a bit now, enjoyable but it seems to be about camping more than griefing imop. Still early days (im PS3) and trying to work out strategies/tactics that work. The lack of knuckles is as annoying as the lack of jugg, makes it hard to get in and grief people - may as well camp in a corner and wait for them to drop themselves.

Here is my strategic in grief without jug.

Warning:This doesn't grant you the ability to win every time. Also you need to be really good at training and dodging in motd!

1. You must never give away your first pistol you spawn and keep it! You'll find out why.

2. Avoid form being with anyone! Also you may want the window with the most zombies spawning off. This window is the one on the left of the dog head.

3. Rank up 8000 or 10,000 point and I know your saying "What are you insane" but I have done this 5 times.

You may wanna spend less points. Remember the key goal is to survive.

4. Pack a punch your pistol to mustang and sally and get phd. Only use them when you feel your about to be corner. This is effective against brutus but dont waste the ammo on him!

5. Run a train in the cafe only but if you feel cocky then go for the warden office.

This is for surviving the high rounds which is hard to do in the cell block without jug. Remember to use the traps to your advantage and beware of the box! If you go down on a high round you have a high chance if no one has 2 high power pack guns then you will re-spawn. Once you do go for phd again and get ready if you got the ammo.

anyone else find that the spawns can be messed up - as in you spawn and die immediately becuse two players drop in on top of each other?

We had a round restart me and a teamate landed on top of each other and a 3rd landed with 1 from the other team - 3 down at the start of the round and the 4th was dived while reviving. That was the worst case but seems quite common for two players to effectively spawn in dead, particuarly in the room where deadshot is.

On the subject of diving/jumoping the other team - the low ceilings make it hard to jump on the other team in a lot of areas.

Also anyone know if you have PHD flopper can you dive on a player, kill them but survive? not managed to try it yet.

Suicide at packapunch is a pretty good/annoying tactic on this map. dont think there is anyway you can get your gun?