Is the EE solved yet?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fastest way to get negative responses on CoDz is to claim you have discovered something new/major without any viable proof.  If anyone can provide valid, repeatable proof of a side quest of any sort in Kino after 3 years, then a hero they shall be.

I for one won't be holding my breath though

I have to look at this from a logical point if view. Had this been found during the time of release to last dlc, maybe. Fact is this is a very old map and many people have looked over it and many modders have looked into the code and found nothing. So sadly like many are gonna tell ya here. Any argument otherwise without a video is moot.

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm new here so nice to meet u all. I found this forum searching this discussion and i want to contribute with something. The green lights on teleport are not a technical mistake, doesn't appear only on the floor, they're on the top too, look this video and sorry for quality...

(i'm not a youtuber, don't care visits)

I don't know what kind of EE is hidden on this map but i sure that there is unsolved. I guess treyarch made this EE so difficult that no one could completed it, that's the reason why the nexts EE on new maps are for morons, seriously, they tell us how to do step by step.

The green lights, the fuseboxes, the rocket, the mannequin... for nothing? i don't think so. Many people think that if no one solved it that's because there is nothing, but the fact is, in a lot of games their EE are solved years after, even decades...

Have a nice day!!

Edited by Iam_KyLe
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm new here so nice to meet u all. I found this forum searching this discussion and i want to contribute with something. The green lights on teleport are not a technical mistake, doesn't appear only on the floor, they're on the top too, look this video and sorry for quality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru1QyS_erGY (i'm not a youtuber, don't care visits)

I don't know what kind of EE is hidden on this map but i sure that there is unsolved. I guess treyarch made this EE so difficult that no one could completed it, that's the reason why the nexts EE on new maps are for morons, seriously, they tell us how to do step by step.

The green lights, the fuseboxes, the rocket, the mannequin... for nothing? i don't think so. Many people think that if no one solved it that's because there is nothing, but the fact is, in a lot of games their EE are solved years after, even decades...

Have a nice day!!

How did you get the lights up?
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to let you down Iam_KyLe, but it has been over 4 years since Kino Der Toten was released, and there are a lot of reasons why there is not Easter Egg on the Map.

1. Treyarch has not hinted towards an Easter Egg on Kino Der Toten - which was released all the way back in 2010!

2. There is no achievement or indication that opens the possibility towards a significant Easter Egg with multiple steps - this could be similar to the Ascension Easter Egg which had no achievement.

3. Numerous people have claimed to have no-clipped the map and found no signs of Easter Eggs steps, with no dynamic elements that could have possibly linked into a major Easter Egg.

4. Why is there a need to be an Easter Egg? There was no real objective to the four main characters in the abandoned theatre than to survive the onslaught of zombies!

5. Unlike many maps with Easter Eggs such as Origins, Buried, Call Of The Dead and Transit, there is no prominent verbal hint to guide the player through the steps of the Easter Eggs, nor are there any intractable elements for the player to advance the "Easter Egg"

If you do find some resounding evidence of an Easter Egg, try to put it forth in a convincing manner and state what you did to achieve it in-game to improve the validity of your statement.

;)

Sorry to let you down Iam_KyLe, but it has been over 4 years since Kino Der Toten was released, and there are a lot of reasons why there is not Easter Egg on the Map.

1. Treyarch has not hinted towards an Easter Egg on Kino Der Toten - which was released all the way back in 2010!

2. There is no achievement or indication that opens the possibility towards a significant Easter Egg with multiple steps - this could be similar to the Ascension Easter Egg which had no achievement.

3. Numerous people have claimed to have no-clipped the map and found no signs of Easter Eggs steps, with no dynamic elements that could have possibly linked into a major Easter Egg.

4. Why is there a need to be an Easter Egg? There was no real objective to the four main characters in the abandoned theatre than to survive the onslaught of zombies!

5. Unlike many maps with Easter Eggs such as Origins, Buried, Call Of The Dead and Transit, there is no prominent verbal hint to guide the player through the steps of the Easter Eggs, nor are there any intractable elements for the player to advance the "Easter Egg"

If you do find some resounding evidence of an Easter Egg, try to put it forth in a convincing manner and state what you did to achieve it in-game to improve the validity of your statement.

;)

I always have hope in an EE, even if it hasn't been found I have hope. Kino's one of my favorites and if it actually had an EE that was found the community would be so excited and stuff because of the fact that they hid it so well. I am not saying there is one but if their was it would be so cool.

;)

I always have hope in an EE, even if it hasn't been found I have hope. Kino's one of my favorites and if it actually had an EE that was found the community would be so excited and stuff because of the fact that they hid it so well. I am not saying there is one but if their was it would be so cool.

Totally agree with you.

Wouldn't it be cool that in the final zombies map, they told you what to activate in Kino Der Toten - or older maps - to unlock the Easter Egg as in the ending of zombies? That would blow everyone's minds.

;)

Totally agree with you.

Wouldn't it be cool that in the final zombies map, they told you what to activate in Kino Der Toten - or older maps - to unlock the Easter Egg as in the ending of zombies? That would blow everyone's minds.

Yep it would be amazing!

• 3 months later...

Okay so, let's say that there's no Easter Egg, fine let it be. We still some stuff left to solve:

1- How do the green lights on the teleporter turn on?

2-Why are there interactable Fuse Boxes?

3-Why does Samantha talk when we threw a monkey bomb inside the window in the yard?

4-Why are there knockings on the door which stop when we throw a monkey bomb?

5-Why does the rocket interact and how!

Forget the Projector connecting part for now as now one believes me for that and I'm with you, I don't have proof. I will forever keep on thinking about this.

Maybe the DLC update fixed the EE and removed it? Who knows. I'm waiting for the Xbox 360 Emulator Xenia to finally function and then I can pop in my CoD:BO2 Disc and replay the map.

Greetings Thiny!

Time to have a crack at each of the stuff left to solve:

1. The green lights turn on in the teleporter to signal that enough kinetic energy has been transformed from chemical potential energy manifested inside the Element 115 power supply - or the 115 power source could undergo a rapid chain reaction of nuclear fission that is supposedly controlled in the confines of the teleporter.

2. Possibly just copied and pasted from the Black Ops campaign and multiplayer!

3. Never heard this one before, but I believe that the programmers just wanted to scare off players from throwing monkey bombs out of bounds - which could effectively disrupt the coding of the zombie entities.

4. A true secret, possibly a minor Easter Egg that is just for show!

5. Rocket? I dont understand?

B.T.W. BOI contains the base map of Kino Der Toten, unlike BOII!

Awaiting your thoughts!

=)

• Administrators

1) The teleporter lights turn green when the pad is active and ready for teleportation.

2) Almost all objects in Black Ops are interactable; knifing stackers of paper, breaking bottles, explosions making things fly around, etc etc.

3) Never heard of that one before. Where exactly does this happen?

4) Same reason why you can hear screams in one of the windows while in the Speed Cola room. The knocks were thought to be morse code, but I don't think anyone has been able to crack it yet.

5) The rocket inside the CIA room during teleportation? What does it supposedly do when activated?

Well spoken InfestLithium!

TheThiny, it would be extremely unlikely that an Easter Egg has been hidden away in a zombies map for over 4 years - since the release of Black Ops I -, as most Easter Eggs are solved within the first week of release by budding zombie slayers!

However, it would be cool if they could hide one away for such a long time... =)

• 2 months later...

TheThiny, it would be extremely unlikely that an Easter Egg has been hidden away in a zombies map for over 4 years - since the release of Black Ops I -, as most Easter Eggs are solved within the first week of release by budding zombie slayers!

However, it would be cool if they could hide one away for such a long time... =)

you were saying? ?

you were saying? ?

@thethiny has there been something discovered? Please give us some more information if you've found something.

you were saying? ?

@thethiny has there been something discovered? Please give us some more information if you've found something.

II'm just commenting on the fact that he said "it can't be hidden for 4 years" when the devs actually said there are hidden easter eggs on old maps. I reinstalled Black Ops and will keep on trying to get the EE done.

They were pretty obviously referring to literal Easter eggs, as in the original meaning of the term in gaming.  Little items or messages or pictures hidden amongst the maps, and not in our evolved meaning of "major multi-step side quest with reward"

They just like to keep the community playing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ok lets look at some FACTS here.

kino was originally planned to be the final DLC for WAW.

der rise had a small egg, and it was extremely hidden.

the teleporter lights do turn green, it happened to me in a game. no idea what triggered it.

theres a lot in the map to hint towards a small egg. theres a lot of intractable things.

bleeding mannequin,

red power boxes,

that one silver power box,

radios,

film reels,,

the launching rocket in the 5 room,

the drilling sound in another teleporter room,

the teleporter lights,

the knocking sound at that one window (throw a moneky in the right spot and the thing making the knocks will speak to you)

so looking back at the fly trap in der rise..

it started by throwing a monkey in the right spot :D

i mean treyarch said there are several undiscovered eggs. i realize that the eggs they referred to are likely smaller, ie: not side quests.

but it is possible we missed a big one. dont you thinkÉ

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

In the beginning of the game, right after you are teleported to Kino, Nikolai says: "I think we should find the fuseboxes"....

Also, in the endscene of origins, when you see Richthofen and Samantha playing, you can see a mannequin (possible from Kino) in the background.

Why?

Edited by anonymous
added mannequin stuff
  • 7 years later...

Coming back to this in 2023 with BO3 having Kino in it. Looks like datamining BO3 revealed that the mannequin (with blood on it) is part of the Rocket Easter egg in Five room but it doesn't make sense why. For those wondering what I'm talking about, if you jump 5 times in front of the mannequin you can turn on the rocket in Five room. Surprisingly, the blood on the mannequin is not there in BO3, perhaps it was removed because it's misleading?

Anyway, as I promised 8 years ago, I will forever keep thinking about the Easter Egg in Kino until the devs say on their death bed that there was never one 😂

Take care everyone

17 hours ago, thethiny said:

Looks like datamining BO3 revealed that the mannequin (with blood on it) is part of the Rocket Easter egg in Five room but it doesn't make sense why.

Yeah the wiki says the mannequin jumping step is required for both BO1 and BO3 versions but I havent tested.
It is a weird step, I'm not really sure if there's any reason behind the action.
As for why the rocket egg even exists?
It's just a teaser for the DLC map Ascension I think, which is the map that released directly after Kino.
manequin.pngmanequinBO1.png