ADFGX cipher

Silver_Is_Pro

44 minutes ago, Koslans said:

The Giant is in France...... 

EDIT: the loading screen said: Find the PORTALS. that's the word for it. 

No, that was proven to be fake. I even just tried it and got gibberish.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Sounds like you got it covered but your video sparked an interest so I looked over some of the old work and I think there was something wrong with the IOC test because I redid them and got different results where I only had 16 out of the 48 showing mono also they where mirrored in the order in equal amounts for ciphertext starting DG and GD which makes sense.

GD FF GX GF GF FA GF GG DD FF FF XX FG FD GF FG FD GF FF FD GG AA FG FG DX FX FX GF XF XD FF FA GG AF

RNUSSLSTGNNZOMSOMSNMTAOOKPPSXWNLTC

IC_analyzed = 0.06952
IC_provided = 0.0667
Mode = monoalphabetic/cleartext

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

GD FF XG GF GF AF GF GG DD FF FF XX FG FD FG FG FD FG FF FD GG AA FG GF DX FX XF GF XF DX FF FA GG AF 

RNYSSCSTGNNZOMOOMONMTAOSKPXSXKNLTC

IC_analyzed = 0.06952
IC_provided = 0.0667

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

GD FF GX GF FG FA GF GG DD FF FF XX FG DF GF FG DF GF FF DF GG AA GF FG DX XF FX GF FX XD FF AF GG AF

RNUSOLSTGNNZOHSOHSNHTASOKXPSPWNCTC

IC_analyzed = 0.06952
IC_provided = 0.0667

GD FF XG GF FG AF GF GG DD FF FF XX FG DF FG FG DF FG FF DF GG AA GF GF DX XF XF GF FX DX FF AF GG AF

RNYSOCSTGNNZOHOOHONHTASSKXXSPKNCTC

IC_analyzed = 0.07308
IC_provided = 0.0667

GD GX FF GF FA GF GF DD GG FF XX FF FG GF FD FG GF FD FF GG FD AA FG FG DX FX FX GF XD XF FF GG FA AF

RUNSLSSGTNZNOSMOSMNTMAOOKPPSWXNTLC

IC_analyzed = 0.06952
IC_provided = 0.0667

GD GX FF GF FA FG GF DD GG FF XX FF FG GF DF FG GF DF FF GG DF AA FG GF DX FX XF GF XD FX FF GG AF AF

RUNSLOSGTNZNOSHOSHNTHAOSKPXSWPNTCC

IC_analyzed = 0.06952
IC_provided = 0.0667

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

GD XG FF GF AF GF GF DD GG FF XX FF FG FG FD FG FG FD FF GG FD AA GF FG DX XF FX GF DX XF FF GG FA AF

RYNSCSSGTNZNOOMOOMNTMASOKXPSKXNTLC

IC_analyzed = 0.06952
IC_provided = 0.0667

GD XG FF GF AF FG GF DD GG FF XX FF FG FG DF FG FG DF FF GG DF AA GF GF DX XF XF GF DX FX FF GG AF AF

RYNSCOSGTNZNOOHOOHNTHASSKXXSKPNTCC

IC_analyzed = 0.07308
IC_provided = 0.0667

DG FF GX FG GF FA FG GG DD FF FF XX GF FD GF GF FD GF FF FD GG AA FG FG XD FX FX FG XF XD FF FA GG FA 

INUOSLOTGNNZSMSSMSNMTAOOWPPOXWNLTL

IC_analyzed = 0.07308
IC_provided = 0.0667

DG FF XG FG GF AF FG GG DD FF FF XX GF FD FG GF FD FG FF FD GG AA FG GF XD FX XF FG XF DX FF FA GG FA

INYOSCOTGNNZSMOSMONMTAOSWPXOXKNLTL

IC_analyzed = 0.06952
IC_provided = 0.0667

DG FF GX FG FG FA FG GG DD FF FF XX GF DF GF GF DF GF FF DF GG AA GF FG XD XF FX FG FX XD FF AF GG FA

INUOOLOTGNNZSHSSHSNHTASOWXPOPWNCTL

IC_analyzed = 0.06952
IC_provided = 0.0667

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

DG FF XG FG FG AF FG GG DD FF FF XX GF DF FG GF DF FG FF DF GG AA GF GF XD XF XF FG FX DX FF AF GG FA

INYOOCOTGNNZSHOSHONHTASSWXXOPKNCTL

IC_analyzed = 0.06952
IC_provided = 0.0667

DG GX FF FG FA GF FG DD GG FF XX FF GF GF FD GF GF FD FF GG FD AA FG FG XD FX FX FG XD XF FF GG FA FA

IUNOLSOGTNZNSSMSSMNTMAOOWPPOWXNTLL

IC_analyzed = 0.07308
IC_provided = 0.0667

DG GX FF FG FA FG FG DD GG FF XX FF GF GF DF GF GF DF FF GG DF AA FG GF XD FX XF FG XD FX FF GG AF FA

IUNOLOOGTNZNSSHSSHNTHAOSWPXOWPNTCL

IC_analyzed = 0.06952
IC_provided = 0.0667

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

DG XG FF FG AF GF FG DD GG FF XX FF GF FG FD GF FG FD FF GG FD AA GF FG XD XF FX FG DX XF FF GG FA FA

IYNOCSOGTNZNSOMSOMNTMASOWXPOKXNTLL

IC_analyzed = 0.06952
IC_provided = 0.0667

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

DG XG FF FG AF FG FG DD GG FF XX FF GF FG DF GF FG DF FF GG DF AA GF GF XD XF XF FG DX FX FF GG AF FA

IYNOCOOGTNZNSOHSOHNTHASSWXXOKPNTCL

IC_analyzed = 0.06952
IC_provided = 0.0667

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This might be worth investigating again as it could cut your workload down if its right

I used cryptool2 and converted AA to a etc

Ok I'm not 100% I did the right thing but took the strand and did a substitution so AA=a etc for the 25 letters of the alphabet and then run ioc test on it and it compares this to the value of 0.0667 which is the friedman ioc value for English.

Why I think its right is because it mirrored the results for both strands starting DG and GD

So 0.0667 is the friedman ioc value for English text and the other is the value its calculated the ciphertext at.

Maybe I have misunderstood the concept but it maybe worth checking

Edit //////////////////

This is a screencap of what I have done

3hp2LhJ.jpg

@certainpersonio probably knows better than me but I think the small text length makes using the IOC difficult in the way you're implying. I've probably said it a zillion times not but the 24 possible transpositions aren't where the problem lies. Weeding out a few to reduce the 24x multiplier doesn't make a lot of sense compared to the 25! alphabet. If there was certainty or the text was significantly longer then yeah, it would, but that's not the case.

@Shootinfish Ok. I agree with what you are saying and those values match the one's I've calculated. Like @oxin8 said though, I'm not sure how useful they'll be in the context of a very short cipher text. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want it to work, but the results aren't as promising as I hoped with them. I do still think that if we were to check them one at a time, we should start with the ones with an IOC close to 0.0667. 

For anyone looking to help, I've setup a google doc that would be pretty helpful at this point.

I need a good list of words/strings to look for in the output text (like ICARUS, KEEPER, RICHTOFEN). I've arranged the doc into three sections: Great Ideas, Good Ideas, Bad Ideas. Since the resulting string list will likely be long, prioritizing some over others. Please be smart about this and don't put your favorite under Great Ideas just because "it'd be cool". For example, VRIL would be a Good Idea and KEEPER would be a Bad Idea because Keepers weren't mention in BO2.

Rules for the strings:

• Don't use spaces between words. Ex: instead of "the children", use "THECHILDREN"
  • All caps! Ex: "COMEONYOUGUYSKNOWHOWTODOTHIS"
  • Use two words together if they wouldn't be guesses on their own. Ex: "MYSTERYBOX" but not "MYSTERY" or "BOX"
  • If you want more than one word in the output text, put them on the same line separated by a comma. Only use this if the two words go together but might not necessarily be next to each other. Ex: "END,CYCLE" (This is a little more complicated to work with so they'll likely be tried after the other strings)
  • No common words. Zombies stuff! Ex: I better not see "THE" unless there's a word after it.

And last, please be respectful with this doc. Don't move/delete something you didn't write.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tkGU80ewR1pyS6eSRzSUxhmaPwunyWbbGT_JqyEDV44/edit

Thinking way out side the box here and been looking at other ways that make sense to interperet the ciphertext.

What if there are two sets of columns one of 4 columns and one of 2 columns.
The reason i say this as it looks like 2 words scribbled out above the ciphertext and its possible the style the way the letters are squeezed in that they have been put there after

The only other obvious is its read by columns but the final AF is evidence that the message is at the stage before that part of the cipher.

Mind you reading this did make me wonder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8xjr9u1z4xnm5r/41784789082381.pdf?dl=0

Interesting if you have time to look at it.

Ok i know the transpostion keyword is not important on its own but it could be used in the alphabet.
Its obvious the alphabet in not primed with a six letter keyword as it makes too many letters static.
But it could be shifted with an offset shifting those static letters backwards and forwards.
There cant be that many six letter words that fit the 48 transpostions.
A quick look for FEDACB 

FEDACB
ZOMBIE

I think i got that right but you get the idea.

Also im not sure on this idea put you could also try a primed alphabet with longer isograms that may have a connection to the loadscreen or the map.

ambidextrous
disreputably
incomputable "my fav lol"
nightwalkers
bankruptcies
drumbeatings
expurgations
unprofitable
unforgivable

EDIT /////////////////////////////////////////

So I computed an alphabet list for zombie and there is 19 start to end if we ceaser shift these that means 19 *25 (I think there is duplicates so its less than that)  and I am guessing there is less than 500 transposition keywords that fit meaning there is less than 250,000 alphabets that can made I suppose you could double that if you do descending alphabets

as well , so what do you crazy idea or worth spending the time to create the alphabets ? 

EDIT 2 ////////////////////////////////////

I tried to make a cryptool template to generate a wordlist but im not sure if i trust the output but i got 110 words out of 4663 6 word dictionary

Here are my results it maybe a start

http://pastebin.com/xNdwBMEh

EDIT 3 /////////////////////////////////////

Ok I have found a word that should not be on the list "LYRICS" not sure what is going wrong ?

Used ZOMBIE for a test vector as it takes words from each half of the alphabet which should mean it will put a small amount of randomness to the ceaser shift.

I found 25 duplicates so it takes the number down to 475 per word and there is 109 words at this time.

Here is the sequences for zombie tell me if you think its viable for a alphabet or do you think that its not random enough to fit the cipher.

http://pastebin.com/7b9EQ8Y6

@AetherialVoices Yes, that's correct. Telixion did the work years ago proving that a standard alphabet with all possible combinations doesn't yield results. Thus there must be a "non-standard" alphabet.

As for whether the Cell Cipher can be used to generate a key, I don't think so. But I do agree with one of your previous comments that if there ever was a "hint" it would be on MotD.

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

Had another thought that it could be double transposed using one key word from the list that meets the requirement of the last 2 columns being the first.

The reason i think this is the scibble above the cipher could be 2 blocks of text.

For instance using "TRIPOD" for 6 column transpose then collapsing the text and making 4 columns and transpose using "TRIP"

Will have to check how many words that can have the 2 end letters ommited and still retain being a 4 letter word.

I cant do anymore with the 48 combinations so I'm looking at all other possible ways the cipher could be read.

EDIT /////////////

I edited the above word I used because I grabbed it from a list on reddit which I though was more comprehensive than my own but little did I realise that it had errors in it so my fault should of double checked

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone, first time poster.

I used to play on PS3, now don't have time anymore - sorry. I recently became interested in this when I was procrastinating from my exam study. I procrastinated so much that I built a tool in excel to test different codewords and alphabet configurations. I've attached the excel file so all of you can use it.

I have been screening results for words such as "and" or "the". I have colour coded many squares (mostly in the "force misc" and "force misc 2" sheets) to represent the frequency of each letter appearing. I have shown all 48 keyword configurations for every alphabet matrix in the appropriate sheet. I have found no solutions. What I can tell everyone is this:

1. The alphabet matrix is NOT a forward sequence of the alphabet (start with any letter in square AA, run across in consecutive order)

2. The alphabet matrix is NOT a reverse sequence of the alphabet (start with any letter in square AA, run across in reverse alphabetical order)

I have tried all of those combinations. You can enter your own matrix and watch the solutions fall out. Alternatively, use the "list" at the bottom of sheet "force misc 2" to autogenerate sequential letter or reverse letter (65 = A, 90 = Z, J is automatically skipped). I did some original thinking in "sheet 1" but it's obsolete now.

If someone can be bothered, the colourcoding of the input squares (and the few tables below) show the expected number of times each letter should appear. You can run combinations of the 3 most common letters (e, t, a) in the centre boxes (FF, GF, FG, expected value of 5 letters each) and then combinations of the group of the 5 or so squares which are likely to contain 2 letters each etc. although to do that you're already looking at 3!x5! = 720 combinations to manually input (or someone with some actual coding experience could take that on). That would almost certainly give us something to work with. 

Sorry I couldn't solve this... And now I need to go study for real life (i.e., exams). I hope someone can make use of this tool! I will check back periodically and see if anyone has taken me up on it

MOTD cipher.rar

• 1 year later...

Archived