Seemingly Random text, or an encrypted message?

I tried these words using the standard alphabet table layout. Here are the first six letters using these as keywords:

Prison - YMSDSN

Island - RXSNDS

Flight - OXRTCN

Zombie - I/J XSODN

Whole lot of nothing (assuming I did it right and the alpahbet table is standard). My thoughts? It's probably a six letter German word.

Anyone know any cryptographers? Where's Robert Langdon when you need him? :D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that each one of the columns represents a letter, so the key word has to be six letters long and not repeat the same letter. To decode, you would alphabetize the letters in the key word from left to right, and put that order above the columns. This assigns columns to the letter. From there, move the columns to spell out the key word correctly. With the columns now in the right spots, pair letters from left to right, top to bottom to use against the alphabet table.

Tl;dr: Until we get in-game to track down the key word (hopefully), we need a program that breaks these codes or we need a lucky guess.