Mob of the Dead Trailer Analysis! NOW WITH "MAKING OF" VIDEO

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the possibility of the dog being the one and only Fluffy! We never knew what happened with her after that little incident, but now that there are tons of zombies in Alcatraz back in the 1930's because of time travel, why can't Fluffy join the party?

Everyone is saying this map could reveal all of the origins of the zombies, box, and all other stuff so why not reveal Fluffy's misadventures?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Flammen nice thread man !! I wanted to ask if you noticed on the still frame picture of the Tommy/thompson, you think anyone can start a side investigation into the writing on the wall, a code perhaps maybe its a code to get to a treasure. If anything its worth a search for sure to match something . Demonic satanic Cults or secret orginizations of the 20's\30's probably pre-dated that even to the 1800's if it was put there by someone who's been alcatrez for awhile only the worst of the worst went there right ?

• Administrators

Hey Flammen nice thread man !! I wanted to ask if you noticed on the still frame picture of the Tommy/thompson, you think anyone can start a side investigation into the writing on the wall, a code perhaps maybe its a code to get to a treasure. If anything its worth a search for sure to match something . Demonic satanic Cults or secret orginizations of the 20's\30's probably pre-dated that even to the 1800's if it was put there by someone who's been alcatrez for awhile only the worst of the worst went there right ?

It's hard to tell what exactly those numbers and letters mean. We only have an angled still of it, and it's barely legible. In fact, I don't even bleieve that they are actually from the English language.

Symbols, really.

But couldn't they have attempted to teleport a different kind of animal before fluffy? Because we all know what happened VERY shortly after the fluffy incident. I doubt maxis had time to scribble a journal entry while being mauled by a hellhound in a locked room.

Well, no, of course not. I believe that journal entry was created when they were first starting to test out the teleporters. Of course, once they teleported Fluffy, well, you know what happened. ;)

Actually, it is possible. Fluffy was test subject number 5 during the MDT tests at Der Riese. There has never been any confirmation of who or what the firs test subjects were.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the possibility of the dog being the one and only Fluffy! We never knew what happened with her after that little incident, but now that there are tons of zombies in Alcatraz back in the 1930's because of time travel, why can't Fluffy join the party?

Everyone is saying this map could reveal all of the origins of the zombies, box, and all other stuff so why not reveal Fluffy's misadventures?

Perhaps, but I'd have to assume Fluffy acted much like her Hellhound puppies would. But it's totally possible.

It's supposed to be a scary map right? Maybe they are just guard dogs that are around the prison and snap at you while stationary, you know, to try and scare you when running around corners?

Precisely.

I'm definitely seeing a pattern here.

Five had us playing 4 new characters (new at the time anyway) In a map that took place in the United states. Tranzit has us playing 4 new characters in the USA as well.

Then ascension and die rise, there wasn't much "ascending" in ascension, but the name was more of a play on the space race, where as Die Rise you actually have to ascend and descend to get to where you need to go.

Now call of the dead's foggy atmosphere (snow/fog) and the actors are matching up with this new trailer.

Richtofen made a quote about other dimensions in MOON, I think when you throw a QED he says something like "nothing happened, at least not in this dimension"

Do you guys think we are in a mirrored, parrelel universe? An alternate reality that was created by blowing up earth? It's hard to make it sound the way is in my head but it really seems like we are working toward fixing it to where our old characters can stop Richtofen, and these map packs reflect that. I guess we'll see if we get a jungle or mythological destination on the map pack after this one. Sorry if I'm not making sense :/

• Administrators

@Tattoo: So you mean two different dimensions where one small thing can affect what occurs in the other dimension? Hm, interesting thought! We brought up Kino der Toten to happen in a different dimension, but all it did was confuse us more. :lol:

@way: The spikes are definitely something interesting. It looks relatively unsafe, considering that the whole ceiling has them. If it were a trap, how would you escape it? Perhaps lock yourself into a secluded area within the room so that there's a barrier between the players and the zombies?

Also, that still is perfect for the new boss. It definitely looks like a Hellhound now, but with no body. Floating into the air perhaps, or just coming out of the wall so we can't hug the edges for too long, nor run trains efficiently.

I can tell this is going to be one very, very difficult map.

The spikes on the roof are very strange indeed. How would they work as a trap? I can't imagine it going all the way down to the floor, as that would kill the player. Not to mention things on the ground, like a chair, would get in the way. Perhaps it comes down halfway, and we have to crouch or go prone to not get killed ourselves? This is, of course, assuming that they are indeed traps, and not just there as an insane form of decoration.

• Administrators

The spikes on the roof are very strange indeed. How would they work as a trap? I can't imagine it going all the way down to the floor, as that would kill the player. Not to mention things on the ground, like a chair, would get in the way. Perhaps it comes down halfway, and we have to crouch or go prone to not get killed ourselves? This is, of course, assuming that they are indeed traps, and not just there as an insane form of decoration.

I guess jumping is out of the question. :lol:

But for a moment, let's take into consideration that this is indeed the first map trap that we'e had thus far in Black Ops II. Buildables do not necessarily count - though they are appreciated. We know that there is a workbench of some sort within the lower level of the map inside the penitentiary.

Something I want to note is that if you look on the left side of the picture, you see what looks like the Warden in a corridor getting blasted by what can best be described as "green rain." Perhaps another possible new trap?

Looks like the pattern from a sprinkler system. Acid in the sprinkler system maybe? That would be very interesting to use.