Let's Talk Leaks

Guys I love discussion and I love activity on the forums, but let's watch our leaks. I know everyone wants to talk about the pictures and the name of the map, but forum rules state that we cannot have any Leaks on our site, even if there's a picture that is circulating. Talk about it with your friends, family, dogs, cats, hamsters, zombies, whoever. But we have to keep it clean on here.

We have a reputation of no leaks and that does not exclude new people or veterans. No leaks guys. Period. No talk of the name of the map, where it's at, who's in it, or anything. Until Treyarch gives us an official announcement, which could come as early as tomorrow I believe, we need to stop posting topics about it. Go talk about it on the Activision forums.

Thanks guys. I love details as much as the next guy, but we have to uphold our reputation and the requests of the site founders. Thanks for understanding and go kill zombies!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I love discussion and I love activity on the forums, but let's watch our leaks. I know everyone wants to talk about the pictures and the name of the map, but forum rules state that we cannot have any Leaks on our site, even if there's a picture that is circulating. Talk about it with your friends, family, dogs, cats, hamsters, zombies, whoever. But we have to keep it clean on here.

We have a reputation of no leaks and that does not exclude new people or veterans. No leaks guys. Period. No talk of the name of the map, where it's at, who's in it, or anything. Until Treyarch gives us an official announcement, which could come as early as tomorrow I believe, we need to stop posting topics about it. Go talk about it on the Activision forums.

Thanks guys. I love details as much as the next guy, but we have to uphold our reputation and the requests of the site founders. Thanks for understanding and go kill zombies!

100% Agree. It get's my hopes up so much when I see a thread about a possible leakage. But then I get in there and I go meh.

Yesterday a guy posted that believable COD Elite thing, and I fell for it! April Fools :D I liked that, but anything else I'm thinking to myself; I think these guys just want attention. I don't really mind it to be honest but I know now that it could be just another hoopla that's fake.

While i do agree on a certain level, I also believe that it is a bit, pardon my french, of a crappy rule. While it is enforced sometimes, there will always be leaks, like trolls. TBH I haven't seen many leaks about the new map. I see a few trolls and some photoshops. And not too many recently. Also, I love the time before a map pack is announced. We get a little glimpse, and it is fun reacting to it and the arguments that go on about its validity.

The best thing i have seen to controlling this is the future map topic. Great place to talk maps or leaks. The best way is to just map a leak page. Put a big warning:

LEAKS AHEAD LAST CHANCE TO TURN BACK!

Plus, lets be honest. Most of us like a little leak here and there. I dont want gameplay (like TranZit) but lets see a pick for once. it aint bad. And people can just look away. Not hard. I really dont think this needs to go into a big debate. Lets leave it at: Offer little, Save a lot (of the excitement).

• Administrators

It's not for attention, but because a good amount of people know that we are zombie aficionados when it comes down to details and information. The general zombie player does not know what is or is not a leak, and that's where I think people jump on them too harshly.

A leak is something that is proposed or a general obscurity that has not been announced directly by the officials responsible for releasing such information. If Treyarch hasn't announced it yet, then it is a leak whether or not it can be determine legitimate. People have been getting so uppity on it, that they will cry even at an allusion to it.

I guess I'm just really indifferent on it. A leak is still against the rules, but at the same time, it can still be very credible. You're right, Fated; if it's true, then we should expect something very soon from Treyarch themselves. If not, oh well.

The rule is stupid and needs to be removed. We're not running a dictatorship over here, and we should be able to discuss a leak if it looks very real. Uprising is EVERYTHING but confirmed. It has a very real looking poster, coding on this site, etc. It's real. I don't think you can say it's fake anymore. It is absolutely real, no matter how much people refuse it...

Yeah, but as InfestLithium said, we are not talking about if it's legitimate or not.

We are talking about something that hasn't been announced by Treyarch itself. It doesn't matter if a poster, coding, or even gameplay comes out.

If Treyarch does not announce it, it's a leak. Period.

I know that some people would love to share leaked things, and discuss about them and create theories about that leaked material.

But this is done to prevent confusion within the forums.

That's the rule, take it or leave it.

QUOTE removed.

Now this may not be a rule that everyone likes, but I for one like a surprise and follow one rule about leaks: They are not real until Treyarch flat out tells us.

Pretty simple. Now, I for one wouldn't mind if we had a specific section for leaks, but it just won't happen. Now, have you seen how good people are with photoshop and editing? Just the other day, I was fooled by TGBxRyan and his April Fools Elite thread, which had a nicely made photoshopped picture of Elite with a new map on it. InfestLithium for example, as well. His Call of the Dead poster, now I would buy that.

Now correct me someone if I'm wrong, but hasn't Treyarch put stuff in the coding that didn't even end up in the game? I wouldn't put it past them to do it again.

But seriously, someone could probably explain why we don't do leaks better than me. I know that Treyarch thinks of us higher than other communities because of it, or something, but that's it.

+1000 Fated! :D I'm glad someone else addressed the issue. In fact, I just began writing a thread that explains the leaks policy so newer members can better understand. Seems me and you think alike my friend. I've quoted you in my thread if that's cool with you.

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=30301

Again, I'm really glad someone else is addressing the issue.

I thought the future zombies section had leaks allowed......Sorry if I spoiled the surprise or anything.

You can discuss rumors and make theories for upcoming and future zombie maps, but leaks are not allowed anywhere on the site. And no worries, unfortunately this is just one rule we gotta follow.

If all information is fake untill confirmed by Treyarch, then it's not technically leaked. Leaked information would be like if Treyarch announced a zombies map and the ending to the easteregg was posted on the internet before it's release.

Leaked information is leaked information, whether it'd be coding taken from the game's website or someone snapping a pic on their phone of pre-sale advertising at Gamestop.

The rule is stupid and needs to be removed. We're not running a dictatorship over here, and we should be able to discuss a leak if it looks very real. ******* is EVERYTHING but confirmed. It has a very real looking poster, coding on this site, etc. It's real. I don't think you can say it's fake anymore. It is absolutely real, no matter how much people refuse it...

Again, it doesn't matter if it seems extremely real or completely fake, leaks are leaks. And they should not be discussed.

Good rule, bad rule, doesn't matter. It's not going to change anytime soon. We're all eager to make speculations based on the leaked info, but you can't do it here. There are plenty of other places to discuss CoD Zombies (though admittedly none as good as here) where you can discuss the information until Treyarch makes official announcements.