Ascension: The best map ever?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think ascension was the best map in black ops. I think the all time best is die rise with ascension second and der riese third.

Your title says "THe best ever" but then you say the best in BO1, which is it? :lol: I think Verrukt or Der Reise is the best all time, and yes, Ascension is the best on BO1.

Ascension. Great map or greatest map?

I absolutely love Ascension. I remember when it first came out it completely blew my mind. I thought it was the biggest map in the world. It was such a blast to play. The first time me and my buddies discovered PhD Flopper, we couldn't stop laughing our asses off. And then the Easter Egg was just topping on the cake.

Ascension was a beautifully fun map. It is what made me want to step out of the shadows as a CoDz lurker, and finally sign up for the site. Ascension will always hold a place in my zombie slayin', Richtofen quoting, 115 filled heart. :mrgreen:

I'd say Ascension was good, but not the best zombies map. It was great, considering it came with two new very helpful perks, but it had some things that to me were just... meh. For one, it's Easter Egg had such an awful prize, my friends and I were disgusted with our hours of work. It had some really nice places for running trains, and maybe I just played the 'ell outa it, but it seemed to get old to me. It was just a little too easy.

I'd consider Ascension to be a great zombie map compared to others, (I sort of dislike many...) but nothing steps up to the bar Der Riese set. But, this is all coming from the person that considers Five to be one of the all time greatest maps :lol:

• 1 month later...

If you want to fall asleep, play Ascension. However, I will not be held responsible for the boredom you experience, and I advise you to play laying down on your bed.

Don't become a Zombie. Become a Zombie Slayer.

Lather, rinse, repeat all day? That's for the record breakers.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want to fall asleep, play Ascension. However, I will not be held responsible for the boredom you experience, and I advise you to play laying down on your bed.

Don't become a Zombie. Become a Zombie Slayer.

Lather, rinse, repeat all day? That's for the record breakers.

This cracked me up because my highest solo game ended when i fell asleep with my eyes open. I was downed and could not recover before they got me again.

I suck at having favorites, but it was one that got lots of play, for sure.