Small Theory On Perks

minator177

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, very nice thought. I would find this theory, but there is a few major things that stop this from being accurate. The moon must be intact for us to hear the transmissions through the TV, correct? Well, we definitely get a perk machine drop before Round 25, where the zombie eyes turn from orange to blue due to the completion of the EE, so the moon must have been ok by then. This means the moon was intact the entire time the perk machines fell, not to mention we see a full, intact moon in Great Leap Forward.

One theory I've seen many people bring up is the possibility of element 115 being in the mushroom cloud. Perk machines have been formed from the element itself, so perhaps the 115 from the bomb is what creates the machines?

I hope the moon stays ok. I just want to see the O4 survive to the end :D

Hmm, very nice thought. I would find this theory, but there is a few major things that stop this from being accurate. The moon must be intact for us to hear the transmissions through the TV, correct? Well, we definitely get a perk machine drop before Round 25, where the zombie eyes turn from orange to blue due to the completion of the EE, so the moon must have been ok by then. This means the moon was intact the entire time the perk machines fell, not to mention we see a full, intact moon in Great Leap Forward.

One theory I've seen many people bring up is the possibility of element 115 being in the mushroom cloud. Perk machines have been formed from the element itself, so perhaps the 115 from the bomb is what creates the machines?

I hope the moon stays ok. I just want to see the O4 survive to the end :D

Hmmm, that's true. What if there's a delay in the transmissions perhaps?

• Administrators

The delay wouldn't exactly work out, because the eye color of the zombies change regardless if a delay has occurred or not. The moment that the Moon Easter Egg is completed (even 90% of the way), all zombies have blue eyes. This is the cue for the Aether entity switch between Samantha and Richtofen.

Who is to say that the perk machines fall from the Moon? It looks as if the machines are being hurled from something in/behind the mushroom cloud, and not just straight down from the sky like an asteroid. The moon is our only guess as to what is behind the cloud, but it's hard to determine.

The delay wouldn't exactly work out, because the eye color of the zombies change regardless if a delay has occurred or not. The moment that the Moon Easter Egg is completed (even 90% of the way), all zombies have blue eyes. This is the cue for the Aether entity switch between Samantha and Richtofen.

Who is to say that the perk machines fall from the Moon? It looks as if the machines are being hurled from something in/behind the mushroom cloud, and not just straight down from the sky like an asteroid. The moon is our only guess as to what is behind the cloud, but it's hard to determine.

You can see that Perks fall in a parabolic function, thus originating from a point lower than their highest trajectory, i.e. nowhere outside of Earth's atmosphere.

And Infest, we know there was a nuclear spacecraft above Nuketown at some point. Some people think it is still there, hiding behind the mushroom cloud.

I always thought the perk machines were being tossed out of the mushroom cloud, rather than falling out of the sky.

I don't know this for sure though. I'd have to dive into theater mode to take a closer look at where the machines originally spawn from. I'm sure PINNAZ probably already knows...

I've always felt there is a demonic force behind the zombies and perk machines. And it just feels right that these 115 powered machines are popping out of the radiation and heat of a nuclear blast.

Sure is an interesting new way to introduce the perk machines into the map. I like it.

- Mix

You taking the piss Mix? :lol:

The pictures below are taken from Rissole's Nuketown Loading Screen thread (page 2)

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=25002

At the start of the game, all Perks are already assigned their spawning position. When the game starts, the perks fly back up into the (top of the 'stem') mushroom cloud. This may just be some programming mechanic? But MMX could probably write something creative to include this in the story.

What I like to think is that, Nevada had endless resources of Element 115 underground & the government (or whoever) were mining/excavating it by 'underground detonations' (like the 'Sedan' test). When the nuke was detonated, it caused 115 to be released into air (along with the perk machines to be sucked into the mushroom) more zombies were created aswell as activating the perk machines ready to be drunk by our fighters.

You'll notice the perks actually shoot OUT of the nuke cloud. And it comes out similar to a catapult, arcing upwards before plummeting. This happeneds 5 times in total, for Speed Cola, Double Tap II, Juggernog and PaP Machine.

Some gameplay mechanic I noticed lol. Usually when starting, the screen is black but sounds can be heard like with every zombie map. Than it fades and starts. With Theatre, you can view the area during the black screen part.

So I found that all Mystery Boxes are active, as well as all perk locations decided during this part. They all fly up high into the sky and disappear. That's when the game starts. During the fly up stage, all mystery boxes are semi-transparent along with the boxes marking it with the teddy bear.