How did you find out about Zombies Mode?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I discovered COD Zombies the first time I finished World at War.

I thought it was a great & difficult side game, though I didn't fully get into zombies until the Shi No Numa DLC. I mainly played SNN for the achievements, then I found the Radio's myself & wanted to know more of this mysterious story.

Some how I never played a lot of Verrückt until probably after Der Riese. Verrückt really creeped me out actually. Ive lurked CoDz ever since & for some reason got quite addicted to zombies in the last year. I finally joined CoDz at the end of last year just before the release if BO2 hoping it would be better than ever.

What about you?

I first got into zombies during bo1 when I was at my friends house. I had never played xbox before and my cousin had one. Never playing xbox before kind of made it where I sucked really bad at multiplayer and i like the fact that I could slowly get better and better at it. This was around the beginnnig of black ops 1, then I moved away back with my mom, but I was still addicted, I ended up getting an ipod touch for christmas that year and played the hell out of der reise and the other zombie maps. When I came back to my dads for the summer and went to my cousins to play I found out that even though I could get to 80 on die rise on ipod, the console version was extremely different. But I still worked hard, and was able to get to 38 on cotd solo and 48 with 3 people on moon.

And now I'm getting 48s solo on tranzit and 67 last night on die rise solo

I hated Natch for some reason, even though it was my first map, but I didn't really continue to play it. Nor did I get ant DLC for WaW sadly.

Kino was much better for me, though it took me a really long time to realize the need for the perk machined and PaP.

Back in 09, I was over at a friends house one day and he asked me if we wanted to play some "zombies".

I looked at him lke he was crazy and told him I've never heard of such a game, and i only played cod maybe twice before ever.

He put WaW in the ps3 and we played shi no numa for lke 15 hours straight! ( not really, but yeah )

& I'm proud to say I've been addicted to codz ever since!!!

Being the annoying 4th guy in the party telling everyone I was staying on multiplayer because zombies was for little kids, got dragged into a kino game and judging that I remember being excited For ascension I guess I got hooked pretty quick..I can still remember the days of hiding in the corner of the mp40 room doors from the dogs hahaha

I finished the Campaign in BO:1, was curious what the hell this "Zombies" was that I always saw in my menu and decided to give it a try. I really had no clue what I was doing, but I thought it was interesting and continued to play, gaining information from randoms that I played with. I didn't know there were doors to purchase until I played once and looked around after a round to see that I was all alone in the Kino spawn.

"Ummm...where the hell did everyone go?!" was how I reacted. Lol.

Of course, I also ventured into discovering things on my own and began to comb the web for guides and tips, but my time with Zombies and my PS3 ended shortly after the release of Shang-ri-la.

I have missed the game ever since and decided to purchase an Xbox 360 this time around. Coincidentally, I got it for Black Friday with a copy of BO:2 and since encountering the major shift in story, I felt I had to dig deeper and I came to this website. I decided to purchase BO:1 again and rekindle my love affair with Kino Der Toten. Soon, I will purchase the other DLC for BO:1 and will have all zombies at my fingertips.

I have a good story: It was about two or three years ago durring hurricane Katrina where I live... The map pack for MOON had just been released for the first time, and one of my friends had come over (girl but she's asp B**** who I will never date.. has nice ti*s though...)...

So before the hurricane began we were playing some black ops, I had just gotten an x-box a few months earlier and I had just compleated the campaign... I had tried to play multiplayer but my Internet just WOULDNT allow it... After a bit I accidentally hit store and for a breif second I saw the word that made me the man I am today:

moon...

I being a bit of an awsome craver, immediately convened my parents to let me kill zombie's on the moon! And just as it finished downloading the Internet went out! Like seriously split second timing-luck here! Then for the next four days we spent our time figuring out the PES and the low gravity awesomeness... :D and soon every kid in my small town was over at my house, for I was the only one with power and a new dlc/game...

After a while it got Boreing... Then the Internet came back and I looked up some videos of it... And found the Easter egg...

Over the next four months I tried NOTHING but to accomplish the Easter eggs for moon, COTD and Shangrila which I had bought at later times... It wasn't easy either as I had no freinds that had any of the dlc or were interested, and I as well had been in a wrestling accident cutting off a lot of feeling in my arms (and other areas as well but I doubt you care...) And eventually after one of the most brutal eras of my life, I had the BIG BANG THEORY acheivement... Then der atzi and I came here, made an account, he took control of atzi, and I started mine.... I've been here ever sense! 8-)

And that be the tale of how Stop mocking me bacame president of the universe...

I got into zombies in the late WaW days, where Der Riese had just been released, and all my friends were talking about how awesome it was. Played the dukey out of it, and actually thought there was a way you could win the game. Ended up making it to the mid thirties with my brother until one day I stumbled across the radio in the spawn... Soon enough I figured there was something more to the game. Found the radio near the furnace next, then the one near Double Tap, and then the one near the teleporter in the Bowie Knife building. My brother and I thought we had made the greatest discovery in the history of all video games, and were about to make a YouTube channel for it, until we learned how late we were. :lol:

Bought SNN and Verruckt, and started watching about all the easter eggs on YouTube. Not too long ago I was watching an NGTzombies video, where he mentioned CoDz, and actually a post by PINNAZ specifically, which brought me here.

You guys would be surprised how much better hearing the opinions of everyone then just one person on the other end of a YouTube video.

Ascention. Played it over my buddys house. Didn't have a console. Went out and bought PS3 because of the free internet. Then Call of the Dead came out and I found out I had to wait an extra month after Xbox. I was pissed. But I got over it. But yea, after I played the hell out of BO1 zombies, I went out and bought World at War to play the previous 4 maps. So I downloaded all the DLC for WaW and kept on with Black Ops. Played that since 2010...now that Die Rise is out for PS3 I've been playing it like it's going out of style. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Die Rise MIGHT just be the best zombies map Treyarch have ever done. Not only is it challenging, but they got almost everything right. The new wall guns kick ass, AND you can build the Wunder Weapon. DIE RISE=almost PERFECT!!!

A friend invited me to Nacht shortly after World at War came out. This was back when it was only available if you had beaten the campaign, and I hadn't. I thought it was pretty tense and creepy, but it also seemed a little too basic and I really didn't get into it a whole lot. I was pretty heavily into Left 4 Dead, so I was mostly getting my zombie-killing fix there. Nacht just seemed a bit too simple as a game mode to me.

Later on, some friends were going on about Der Riese, so I bought that and played it with them a bit. It was definitely a big improvement with it being my first experience with the perk machines, and having the teleporter, Pack a Punch, trap, etc... so I played it a bit more than I did Nacht, but I still wasn't a hardcore Zombies fan.

When Black Ops came out, I was really getting burned out on the yearly Call of Duty installments and had no real plans of buying it. I rented it for like a week to check it out, and found myself playing Kino night after night for hours on end. I guess that's when I really got hardcore into playing Zombies. I ended up going out and buying Black Ops a few days later only to play Zombies. It's also the sole reason I picked up Black Ops 2... though the way things are looking, even Zombies is going downhill now so this will most likely be my final Call of Duty. That is, unless Treyarch really redeems themselves with the rest of the DLC, starts fixing game-breaking instant death glitches, and stops screwing with the gameplay mechanics in updates. And I'm kinda doubting that will happen, unfortunately.

• Administrators

I actually got into zombies around the time of Black Ops' arrival with Kino der Toten. my cousin and I played it, and I loved the concept of shooting Nazi zombies with a comedic group of characters. One day, I decided to play a Solo game for myself and noticed all the papers and diagrams in Maxis' research room (balcony). I thought "wow, Treyarch really pulled all the stops to make this game realistic". I searched up Black Ops zombies on Google and found CoDz. When I read through perhaps two or three topics explaining what was going on, the feels crept into my heart.

My brother and father beat some Call of Duty game. I never cared for Call of Duty. Still don't. I never found the idea of shooting random people fun. I typically am fond of Nintendo instead. However, when I saw them playing a zombie level, I asked, what game is this? After watching them for two games I had to play myself. So my brother and I played Nacht der Untoten over and over again, progressively getting better. If it wasn't for Nacht der Untoten, I wouldn't have the skills I have playing first-person shooters. I remember us going, "Round 4! Awesome. Now let's aim for 5!" It just worked up from there.

i think my first zombies was five at the end of the campaign or whatever. i have a bad memory lol.

i played a few rounds of moon with friends too, i was much more into multiplayer then.

when blops2 came out i was still into MP, I am in a clan with 50 people in it, and we play a lot of hardcore tdm.

then i started playing zombies, and that is all she wrote, my clan members are pissed lol....no more mp for me, or very rarely.

I discovered it on Bo1. I tried it out because I love zombies and zombie games. I could hardly get past round one, so it frustrated me and I quit playing. With no manual or instructions on how to play I gave up. I got Bo2, played MP for the first couple months and my love for zombies made me try the zombie mode again.

This time I put on my try hard boots an just failed until I learned how the zombies "system" operated. Once I figured it out, I was hooked instantly. I honestly have RARELY gone back to MP since. Then I begin wishing I had played all those awesome maps on Bo1. So I've been playing both bo1 & bo2 lately.

LOVE THIS MODE! :D

I saw my brother playing this once. He is mostly a multi player guy and I never played multi player before but when I saw him running for his life during the Dog round I thought it was a new game, He told me its the same COD but different mode. That's when I fell in love with it. He also had WaW but he did not like it and returned the game (facepalm). I missed out.

It's a tad bit disheartening to see so many people who started with Black Ops. You will never have that excited feeling of waiting to see if your favourite Russian is back to kill zombies in the Cold War.

Anyway, I found out about it when my friends invited me to a game of Nazi Zombies. I had just got the game, and I wasn't very good at shooters myself. But zombies? Hell, I could shoot those things for days. After the first few rounds of Nacht I was hooked. Unfortunately, I had to wait until I beat the game before I could play it without my friends, which took forever because I thought it was smart to start my first FPS on the hardest difficulty. :roll:

Ah, nostalgia.

It's a tad bit disheartening to see so many people who started with Black Ops. You will never have that excited feeling of waiting to see if your favourite Russian is back to kill zombies in the Cold War.

Anyway, I found out about it when my friends invited me to a game of Nazi Zombies. I had just got the game, and I wasn't very good at shooters myself. But zombies? Hell, I could shoot those things for days. After the first few rounds of Nacht I was hooked. Unfortunately, I had to wait until I beat the game before I could play it without my friends, which took forever because I thought it was smart to start my first FPS on the hardest difficulty. :roll:

Ah, nostalgia.

Please, one year of waiting for new zombies is already too much... And you still got to have the same feel as in waw, you just had to have the fourth dlc with the old maps!

Ah, nostalgia.

Please, one year of waiting for new zombies is already too much... And you still got to have the same feel as in waw, you just had to have the fourth dlc with the old maps!

No. The maps should ideally be played in order. However, many people got into Black Ops and only found it was in World at War afterwards. Those people will never have the appreciation for the old ones like they should. And it is sad. It's why so many people don't like Nacht. "It's so simple." That's why it's great.

And you still got to have the same feel as in waw, you just had to have the fourth dlc with the old maps!

Spoken like a person who has never used the Reaper. ;)

Nope, went back and played the maps at freinds house, and on pc, I hate the stupid flame thrower...

Murder: Not that sad, just go back and play the first maps before you get into the new ones... I didn't get shangri la or COTD until I had trained and gained knowledge from nact, veruct, Numa, and reise... Quickly learning the basics of weapons, perks, box movement, teleporters, training, camping, and tacticals! Then I played kino and five, then Moon, then went back to Sangri la and COTD... Did the Easter eggs for all and felt super accomplished! Purhaps not AS grand, but grand non the less...