Death Slide glitch at the bottom of the elevator shaft

Nasdaq401

Hasn't happened to me. must be very lucky. And a little tip, i just sprint off the edge rather than jump and i always survive. i think the problem is a slight dip in the geometry below that slide in the center. The speed you are going and the height throws you into unavoidable death.

Another factor could be lag. I always play solo or am host so there is no gameplay difference. Connection difference could miscalculate the fall height and cause you to die?

But idk, its never happened to me only friends in a few co op games.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend has never gone down...I have ganoe down there every 1 out of 8 times...I have been on the second to left panel(which is what my friend does to never have died) and went down...I have used the very left...and went down...I have used the very right, AND went down...I have used each individual panel, sprinting, not sprinting, jumping, not jumpoing, crouch jumping, ninja jumping, literally any method or means of probable movement and have gone down...EVERY WHICH WAY...there is no "RIGHT" way to go down...it is simply a bug...with argueably the most simple fix possible...yet they have yet to do so...it is not part of the game...punishing players for going the projected path and only navigable route one in that vicinity without a trampe steam shouldnt be a penalty...nor is it...it is a bug and needs to be patched...

It is not an implementation of the map telixion and whoever else, simply a bug, I have taken it without fall damage, (beieve me I take my time with this and my sphincter literally purses everytime as I'm so dagum scared, my friend laughs his a** off everytime I use the elevator shaft as he has never gone down to it, and yes I've used his "advice/tip" as well) and still died, it is a bug...it's obvious a bug as occasionally when I go down the slide when I'm about to get stuck in that corner that inst-kills you my player shoots into the air as if I was hit by the bus on tranzit with the train rail attached and I fall down unnaffected(assuming ths was there fix for it but to no avail I still die there),it is merely a matter of faulty programming considering some people never die there while others, no matter which method we use, end up dead... all they need to do is create an invisible wall that prevent you from even remotley sliding in a fashion that would get u stuck within that corner of the slide, but obviously thats too difficult...nonetheless it is a bug...

if you looke closely at the slide there is a corner to the right where theres a divot...THIS is where people in particular are dying...not from hitting the floor landing and then going down (which would be an effect of fall damage)

Dying in the divot is the bug not dying from the floor, I have never died from hitting the floor there... you may also recognize that people said well perhaps its associated with whos who...again no...without whos who u can pick have an ally pick u up as you can attempt to crawl out...but with whos who your previous downed body is unable to be controlled thus the reason it just infintely sits in the divot unable to be revived...

It is a bug...a seemingly easy to fix bug that has yet to be patched...but a bug overall...NOT a game mechanic

Every video i've seen, and i mean EVERY video of the "an-94 glitch" is because everyone JUMPS to get to the next ledge, you DON'T need to jump, just walk off the edge. I have never gone down from this area unless i've jumped, resulting in fall damage. There is no glitch just people who don't go down there carefully.

Every video i've seen, and i mean EVERY video of the "an-94 glitch" is because everyone JUMPS to get to the next ledge, you DON'T need to jump, just walk off the edge. I have never gone down from this area unless i've jumped, resulting in fall damage. There is no glitch just people who don't go down there carefully.

Yeah...I dont jump at the ledge and have still gone down...but good job reading all previous posts...it is a bug...

God damn! Just went down two times in one game due to the glitch, again. And one of the times I was so careful I waited 10 seconds before sliding down the last bit, but yeah, still died. I don't understand this glitch, it seems completely random. Sometimes I just die no matter what I do...

I'm so fucking pissed off at this fucking game. Again I try to play a game of die rise after work and again I get to round 24 on solo. Oh but what's this? I fall through the floor halfway down the slide to the upside down box? Wtf man, I don't even have fun playing this game anymore. Here's to hoping the next map isn't broken. Seriously fuck this broken ass map.

lol you guys are getting trolled hard by the game

It just sucks man. I'm 31 years old and I work hard. I don't really play many other games other than the cod series. I pay good money for this stuff and pay all of my own bills. It would be nice to be able to enjoy a game that isn't broken after work. It's just frustrating. They are shunning their customers.

• 2 weeks later...

So is it coincidence or is there a huge increase in slide deaths since the 3.12.2013 patch?

Are we the only ones getting a giant spike in pointless shaft deaths?

I'm saying coincidence. Ever since I started jumping to the right, I haven't been downed by the shaft.

First of all. Bacon. :D

Second of all since the update the AN glitch keeps happening. WAY too often, as it was rare before. :cry:

since the topic has been revisted, has anyone actually had this happen to them this week?

So is it coincidence or is there a huge increase in slide deaths since the 3.12.2013 patch?

I'm saying coincidence. Ever since I started jumping to the right, I haven't been downed by the shaft.

Second of all since the update the AN glitch keeps happening. WAY too often, as it was rare before. :cry:

O shit, I didn't even know there was a second page lol. but this hasn't happened to me at all. I have had two coincidences where it has happened to me and they were both before they patched the sliquifier and made it drop stuff. maybe because I usually never go down the box slide since i strafe jump or cus I always go down the left side of the elevator shaft of the elevator shaft slide. o yea, KNOCK ON WOOD :shock:

Never had issues with this. Only retarded deaths I've ever suffered were

1.) Jumping over to trample steam room, zombie jumps over at the same time, we collide in mid air, I plunge to my death

2.) Didn't realize my buddy put down a trample steam in the trample steam room, and he put it down incorrectly. Jump over not paying attention. Hit the trample steam. Launches me over back to the building, slam into the wall, plunge to my death

3.) Go down chaining the roof, who's who spawns me next to the two elevator shafts with an orgy of zombies waiting to take me down the second I stand up.

4.) Drop down elevator shaft in run to replace trample steam covering back window on roof. Zombie drops down on me mid drop, miss the wall ramp, no who's who or quick revive=game over.

since the topic has been revisted, has anyone actually had this happen to them this week?

Happening constantly since the patch.

The worst bit is when you have ww and you can't revive yourself because your guy is set on the bottom of the slide just out of revive reach.

Question, is this happening to people as their is a consistent stream of zombie spawns still going on, or when you've kept one alive to replenish yourself? Because I never even venture towards the slide unless I've kept one alive for the sole purpose of boxing and it still, has never happened to me.

On XBOX or PS3

Question, is this happening to people as there is a consistent stream of zombie spawns still going on, or when you've kept one alive to replenish yourself? Because I never even venture towards the slide unless I've kept one alive for the sole purpose of boxing and it still, has never happened to me.

On XBOX or PS3

Xbox360 here.

For me, any time. I could start a round and go down there from the ts room, otherwise, it is either running from a lone zombie or two or I have a babysitter while I go through there. To be clear, I stop and wait, then carefully drop off. i even stopped jumping as that seemed to make it worse.

Staying to the right was working fairly well, only 1-2 downs per week using that method. Since patch...ugh. One game, I went down 3 times, the other two guys in my game were 1 each from the elevator slide.

I have not gone down by the box slide since they fixed something there to do with theater mode. It still hurts a little, but doesn't red-ring my screen or kill me/drop me off of the map anymore.

When I go down, it is almost always with 6 perks, an-94 and sliquifier. I always buy claymores and semtex, usually have third gun due to free mk.