The Silhouette's of Kino / Five / Die RIse Loading Screen

Ok, I know this isn't really the right place for it (covers Kino, Five and also a potential theory on Die Rise Loading screen, so that's reason for posting here) and it may seem like a bit of a troll but please hear me out and tell me what you think.

So I've hinted at on another forum that the tear on the RHS of the Die-Rise loading screen may relate to the Silhouette's on the maps Kino and Five. So I fired up Black Ops this morning to take a look. The best image I got was from the image that can be found in the "Board Room" type room on Five where the PAP is

When I got in front of my computer this morning and made the comparison to the shape of this and the tare on the loading screen, it is not similar at all, so I've not ditched that theory. However, I still strongly believe that the picture from Kino/Five is maxis.

Anyway, moving on, I was reading some more bits about the portraits today (as I've only just noticed the name Wendee on them, but I believe this has been discussed before). I came a cross a post (cant remember if it was here or on another forum) and it was hinting that the portrait of the silhouette had maybe had some sort of Colour Level changes made to it. So the next thing that I did was see if I could get anything else from the image by playing with the levels and I ended up with the following

So this image is the same as the first one with RGB levels played with in Fireworks. Now I'm not claiming that the image I took was the best quality, however what I (possibly) see is a nose, an eye and a mouth, all the facial features. You could (depending at how far you look into it) even say that this "person" has a centre parting style hair cut, as it looks like a large are of the top sweeps down over the side of his face (dare I say it, a bit Hitler style).

At first I thought I'm not so sure as the position of the ear is a long way back in relation to the "eye", but then the more I looked at it, the more I started to believe it could be a person, possibly the first indication of (if it is him) what maxis looks like?

Like I said at the start of this post, it may seem like a massive troll to some, but I read some others opinions and tried something different and came up with a "far fetched", put slightly possible conclusion. Given what we've already gone through and seen in zombies, isn't it all a little crazy?

Be interesting to see what you all think. Anyone else done anything similar before?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Very nice observation and experimentation, friendo! I have a hunch that the silhouette could be Maxis, but blacked-out to show that he is no longer a "living entity" like the rest of our old crew. I understand the outline of Kino/Five's portrait are not similar to the Die Rise comic book tear, but we can't toss out the idea yet. Different shape perspectives do not mean different people.

The angle you proposed is actually quite similar to the rest of the portraits. Everyone is facing towards the left (their right) at a slight angle. I wish we could get a few more features in so we could better identify who this silhouette is truly of (or at least obtain some physical characteristics on Maxis).

Great analysis; I hope to see more of these kind of posts to come. :)

Looking at this again, I'm seeing a face on it that I hadn't seen before.

Look closely at the image I posted with the Colour Levels changed.

What if, the silhouette isn't the head and instead the facial features I identified, actually belong to a face that has it's right hand side facing the camera rather than it's left? Can anyone else see that?

Again a bit far fetched I know . . .

• 2 years later...