Die rise Game over

Tornado

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, all of you have seen the cutout on the right side of the loading screen correct?

Take a second look- Hard look.

The size and shape of that head,

The broad wide shoulders...

Who does that resemble?

The HEAVY footsteps when you die and listen to the evil laugh

I honestly believe that the cutout and the ending sequence has relation to... Yep, Frankenstein...

Sounds wacky I know... But essentially Frankenstein is a zombie.

Revived, through ELECTRICITY.

Does anyone see where I'm going with this?

Maybe a Frankenstein-esque type Boss in the next Zombie map??

BTW, This is Tornado, the OP, had to make a new account

I'm sure if any of you have played Die Rise even once, or for that matter watched any footage, you've probably heard the weird noise we get at the ending rather than a song. This has only happened in one other map, Moon, and that was the end of Season 1.

In case you haven't, check out my good buddy Reed's video he has of it. He plays the sound a few times.

Anyway, I wanted to get some of my ideas out there, and see what yours were. This noise, to me, sounds like quite a few different things.

1: Heavy footsteps, leading up to a cage being opened/closed.

That leads me to think of our good friend, the Cosmic Silverback. I feel like Treyarch put WAAAAYY to much detail into the model to only use it in Dead Ops.

Mind you, he was also mentioned on a magazine in Five.

2: Now this one is a little off the wall, but stay with me here. With the patch of the Maxis Diary Entry talking about Richtofen's experiments pre-WaW, I also kind of got the feeling that this could be the sound of him closing Maxis and Samantha into the teleporter at Der Reise.

3: This one honestly just popped into my head as I was writing this, but what if the sound is more metaphorical? Just like we made a big move on Moon putting Richtofen in control, perhaps the lack of a song here is showing us we made another BIG decision. In the Die Rise EE, you are actually forced to choose between Richtofen and Maxis. Once you reach a certain step, one EE being completed prevents the other. So maybe the door being closed signifies that we had closed the door on one of their fates, we had just chosen the loser.

I honestly don't know here, but if anyone else has really looked into it, I'd love to know more.

First of all, Treyarch never "hints" towards the next map. They lay out options and dead-ends that they can take in the future. For example, there is nothing saying that we will have a Paris map, but there is something that says we CAN have a Paris map (Paris had a 935 base apparently).

Here is my take on the ending sequence in Die Rise:

You hear the sound of clicking.

What also makes that clicking?

Jumping Jacks.

So you hear the sound of a Jumping Jack.

What do you hear next?

Footsteps.

Are they getting slowly muffled?

Yes.

What does that mean?

The footsteps are retreating.

Whatever is making them is walking away from your perspective.

So you hear a Jumping Jack followed by retreating footsteps.

Why are the footsteps so steady?

Whoever it is is not scared of the Jumping Jack.

Why would they not be scared?

The Jumping Jack is not a threat.

What biped is capable of steady footsteps?

Humans.

So we hear a Jumping Jack that is no threat with a human walking away.

How could a Jumping Jack be no threat to a human?

It is sedated or contained.

Why is the Jumping Jack not leaping and attacking the human?

It is sedated or contained.

Why does the human not react to the Jumping Jack?

Why does the human simply walk away?

He's seen this before.

What's the sound at the end?

It is the closing of a gate.

If the footsteps are human, why are they so loud?

Your perspective is the point-of-view of the Jumping Jack, which is smaller than a human.

Therefore, the sound effect details the creation/capture of the Jumping Jacks in the Chinese sweatshop to use as test subject. It details a man walking away from a locked up Jumping Jack and closing the gate behind him.

I don't see how the footsteps are getting 'slowly muffled'. I've listened to the audio clip a fair few times and it sounds like the footsteps are getting louder, coming towards your perspective, maybe I'm missing something?

It is difficult to ascertain what is happening here. What i've picked up on a heavy footsteps of a two-legged creature, the initial steps almost sound like suction pads, anyone else notice this? as if someone's attached a couple of plunger ends to their shoes, perhaps it's some kind of lizard creature, maybe that's taking a bit far.

I don't know what the jumping jack clicking is, i haven't played die rise yet(ps3) so can't comment on that, maybe someone can tell me what that part of the sound bite is? But what's clear to me is a key(most likely on a bunch of other keys) is inserted into a lock and turned, makes a click as if lock opened, then the swinging of a door, but then a sudden slam..it's almost as if the cage/gate door never swings closed again. You don't hear the swing of the door's return journey, it's just one swing and then slam. Another note to make is there are no more footsteps after this sound. So this two legged being is not going through. In the time that the cage/door is opened I find it difficult to imagine anything being able to get through, as it's almost instantaneous, from swing to slam. I'm just trying to think of doors/mechanisms that can be locked at too different points..I got nothing. Any thoughts?

haha.

every time i hear the footsteps and slamming gate all i can think of is...

To me it sounds like the end of the first "SAW" movie. If you remember, the actor says "Game Over" at the end and slams the door. We already have GAMEOVER spread across the screen, so the actual quote is not necessary and there may be copyright laws to go along with it. Maybe not, but that is what comes to mind when I here this.

Saw-FTW!

Many people think that the noise in the end is footsteps. Well in my opinion it does sound like the New 4 is getting teleported somewhere probably to a prison. But basically a prison map would be awesome.

Watching this weeks walking dead there was a scene where Rick walks away and closes one of the cell doors, and it sounded exactly like the sound at the end of die rise.

I think there might be a little substance to the next map being a prison

Sounds interesting, idk exactly how i feel about it, but who knows?

haha.

every time i hear the footsteps and slamming gate all i can think of is...

To me it sounds like the end of the first "SAW" movie. If you remember, the actor says "Game Over" at the end and slams the door. We already have GAMEOVER spread across the screen, so the actual quote is not necessary and there may be copyright laws to go along with it. Maybe not, but that is what comes to mind when I here this.

Saw-FTW!

:twisted:

ENBJp-bflnY

Thanks again to all of you that posted your ideas/opinions!

:D awesome to see what others have thought about this

Once again, this is the OP but I lost my acct info for Tornado.

My friend Caleb (I Ghost hit) and I (ASAPIlluminati) are trying to get the side quests for both DieRise and Tranzit still and we are looking for 2 other people who are "good" at zombies.

If anyone is interested in helping us out it would be awesome,

Just add ASAPIlluminati and send me a message when you are avalible to play.

Thanks guys! 8-) 8-) 8-)

-Chase